MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

No cheating!  (At least you are honest...and correct.)  Did you feel your blood curdle a little?

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

I stayed home when my friends went there.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

So aren't those the steps the priest fell down?

• elimar

You say "fell," I say pushed.  By a demon.  Inhabiting a 12 year old body.

Yes, those are the classic Exorcist Steps where poor conflicted Father Karras met his demise.

What was scarier tho, the demon possession or the diagnostics by those misguided medical professionals.  Let's ask NativeM how she liked that scene where the giant needle went into Regan's carotid artery?  Shriek!!!

Moral of the story, puberty = demonic possession in 1 of 8 women throughout their lifetime.

Oh, wait, I got that confused with Breast Cancer.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

I never saw the movie, and doubt I will at this point in my life.  My day to day encounters are enough to inspire night terrors, I don't need any Hollywood magic to help out.

I can't even carve a scary Jack-O-lantern.

Photobucket

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

I read the book before the film came out. Much scarier, much!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

puberty=demonic possession--that is a reality here about every other day with the 16 yr old DD.  My head spins around daily trying to keep up with what I did "wrong" now!  Yesterday I  was holding a shopping bag wrong-I kid you not-she about had a melt-down!

• Meece

I had to smile at that, Eph.  I guess I was blessed with my 3 boys.  They will still put their arm around my shoulder in public!!!

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

LOL Eph, I myself got scolded for putting my apostrophe in the wrong place!

I read and saw the Ex and had to sleep with my mom for a week!

I have had tricksters since 1 this afternoon, they are so darn cute.

Happy Halloween

P.S Do you know why ghosts don't have babies? Because they have hollow weenies!

• Meece

I have night terrors about my ex about every 4-5 months.  Guess living with him for two decades made an imprint on my poor little psyche.

• elimar
    That pumpkin looks a little like Dr. Zira from Planet of the Apes film, but the eyes are more human.  That's some pretty fancy carving, Meece!
  • Meece

I had to do something constructive while watching the Taledega race today!

• Meece

A Planet of the Apes, jack-o-lantern, now there's an idea.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

we had the perfect amount of kiddies tonight and I loved seeing them all :)    well kids, last night was more than I can even put into words right now.  trust me, I will eventually, but for now, here's a pic ...  left to right, it's Marisa Weiss after I gave her the certif - more on her reaction to that later - it was great!!!  Next to her is Karen Young, the marketing director for bco and the woman I've dealt with the most for the billboard, brochure and video, and then moi :)  I need to really take time and write something about last night that does it justice and I don't have time for that right now...stay tuned!

• Meece

You look very happy Marlegal!

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527

congrats mar

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326
    Marlegal... You look like you had a very good time. Make sure to come back later and fill us in.
  • valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Marlegal ~ beautiful picture, look forward to ALL the details!!!

• PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392

Thank you Mary! How sweet to include us. Drooling over Harry.....I'm sure he would be thrilled to know that 47 year old women find him so desirable. Love the pic. too. Looks like a wonderful time.

• elimar
    Marlegal, we await your story.  In that picture, Dr. Weiss looks tall.  I only saw her seated on t.v. before.  Lovely picture of all of you.
  • nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,899

My friend with lasagna benefits and I watched the Exorcist one evening a week or so ago.  When it came to the needle in the carotid I had to leave the room, I really thought I was going to "frow up" ! 

Great pic, Marlegrl, can't wait to read more about the event!

Meece--AWESOME pumpkin carving! 

• Meece

Thank you, NM.

There are jsut some things I cannot watch anymore.  More and more of it is on regular TV.  I guess I'll have to stick with TVLand.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Dr Weiss looked beautiful in that picture. Can't wait to hear your whole story!

• zogo
    zogo Member Posts: 19,606

Eph 3-12   I'll match your teenage DD and raise you 2 teenage DS's.  Three teenagers and a mastectomy on the calendar.  Can you say "stressed?"  Time to plan for the next holiday  Smile

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

stressed is desserts backwards, Zogo! Eat sweets! And I'll fold-one of the main reasons I adopted was to control the sex of my child-what was I thinking???????????Edited to add: the other main reason I adopted was because my inner workings didn't work right.  Again, what was I thinking????

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

HaHa, I had three sons in 30 months, twins first. Then 7 years later a daughter. Our DD was like being on vacation compared to the first two. Our last son was also easy for me, he nursed and that is so much easier than bottle feeding.

I loved so many things about the kids being home. Some not so much.:)

GInger

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    somebody tell me where to find the oicture!!(please?) i've been going in and out of thread, and can't find it. want to hear all about the trip, too. love you gals.ELIMAR, thanks, as always, for yet another great header pic!!      3jays
  • raeinnz
    raeinnz Member Posts: 553
    3jaysmom - the picture is one page back (page 190) two posts from the bottom of the page.
  • Kristian
    Kristian Member Posts: 9

Hello All,

Marlegal, great pic with Marisa, thank you so much for your generousity and for representing everyone here.  Can't wait to hear about the gala.

Love all the pics and posts, I have to try to check this daily to keep up with everything. 

I had a great halloween with my 3 year old, I will try to post a pic if I can, she is a beautiful blond, but she had on a black wig to go with her Snow White costume. I don't know what the weather was like everywhere else, but it was very cold here.  That did not stop her from wanting to hit every house for candy, at one point she insisted that we stay out until her bag was full Undecided

I have a medical question for everyone.  I had my apmt with my radiation oncologist last week and he wants to do 30 rounds, 5wks of regular, 1 wk of boost, because my margins were not clear and he wants to make sure they "get everything".  I previously had a mastectomy, and the area where there were "dirty" margins was in my chest.  The tumours were between the pectoral muscle and on my chest wall resting on an artery, the chemo had reduced the tumours to a couple of small lumps, which were removed, the one in question, they think may have been a lymph node.  Has anyone had radiation after unclear margins?  Also, they said they would be doing the lymph nodes in my neck, has anyone had radiation there? I have been posting on a metaplastic breast cancer discussion as well as this type of cancer spreads more through the blood stream rather than through the lymphatic systerm.

Take Care.

Kristi Laughing

• elimar

Kristian, I will try and answer part of your question, not including the radiation in the neck region.  Hopefully, someone else willpost something on that. 

First, I'm not sure what you mean by "dirty" margin?  Do you mean the actual excised lump had cancer cells right at the margin?  (You could find the information in your final path. report from your surgery.)  I am asking because "clean" is a vague term...some docs feel a margin of 2-3mm is needed to be clear, some want 1 cm. I think "wide margin" is used for over 2 cm.  I, myself, had one side (out of six) of my lump get termed a "close" margin because is was 5mm.  So did your margin actually have cancer in it or was it just "close?"  Anyway, quite a few people get re-excision for unclear margins, but not always.  Women with DCIS (considered non-invasive) might just get radiation if the margins were not clear.  Your cancer is a rare kind and I don't know anything about it.  Maybe the doctors feel that radiation would be as effective for "local control" in the breast as doing a re-excision would be, and re-excision might not be a good option if the area in question is so close to an artery.  Every woman who gets radiation is basically getting it as a "clean up" procedure to wipe out any cancer cells left behind, even if the margins came back "clean."   

If anyone else had a margin with cancer cells right at the transection (cut) please comment on if you had re-excision or just went straight on to radiation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Marlegal, way to keep us in suspense...