MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• susgul
    susgul Member Posts: 104
    Meece-prayers and hugs for you and your son.  He is young and strong and I just know he'll be ok.
  • marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    Meece, now more than ever you need to come in for a laugh, to see a pretty picture, or to just know you're with friends.  Feeling sad will always be waiting for you - that's inevitable - so when you need a lift, never ever feel guilty about stopping in for a smile.   To help with that smile, imagine my sympathy for my husband who fractured the tip of the bone leading into the knee.  We were at the doctor's office - his first visit to a doctor in approx. 15 yrs - and he asked me what was with all the questions.  He was on his ONE page of health info form that they gave him.  I laughed out loud, and reminded him that I go twice a year to 3 different doctors, and have to update those dratted health forms every single time (except gyno, but I didn't tell him that!)  He didn't bother complaining after that - you could almost see the wheels turning about how many forms that means I've filled out in the last 5 years :)
  • Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Marlegal, I can so relate.  I have my GP, Gyno, Onc, Cardio, and then every lab/scan.  DH has his GP.  I sat down an taught DS#3 how to fill out forms for the Dr. Last month.  I wrote out his entire Health history as best as I can remember.  Photocopied it, and gave him a copy.  So, until he loses that, he is set.

Soooo on the Cheeto talk.  I bought a bag of the Chester's Puffcorn (Cheese flavored of course) the other day.  I tried to give it a good comparison with regular Cheetos.  Unfortunately I finished of the bag befoer I was able to do a side-by-side taste comparison.  One note I will make is that I finished the bag.  That must have meant I liked them.  A second note:  they leave that yum-bo-licious orange residue all over your fingertips just like Cheetos.

Perhaps they have a bit more of the corn flavor coming through as compared with Cheetos, but a word of warning.  If you do not like the gooey stick to your teeth aspect of the Cheetos Cheese Puffs, you will not like these.  They really stick to your teeth.

• Meece

Someone give that boy some more Cheetos!!!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

That's definitely some news (confession) that you do not want me to cut and paste onto the E-Lab thread!  But I know!  I devoured a half bag before I even realized...they were so light and airy.

• Meece

You are right, Elimar.  It will be our little secret.  It did take me about four sittings to polish off the bag.  I never even checked the calories but I think they aren't too horrific.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

IT's okay Meece lol

• Meece

Oh, Oh, Seyla.  If you don't tell about my Puffcorn, I won't mention your Goldfish!

• sheila888

And my Milano cookies........

• elimar

Naughty, naughty, you two!

Brazos, how's the LE doing?  Is the sleeve working well?  When does your chemo begin?

----------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think too many others on here are having treatments right now, so here's a side topic:  Tonight I was watching some t.v. and because my back has been acting up since I was moving furniture last month, I was lying on the floor on my TRU-BACK.  You know, one of those things that you see on infomercials at 3:00 in the morning.  I must have succumbed to purchasing this during a time when my mind was already addled by lack of sleep (and obviously the usual Law & Order programming had failed to be showing that night.)  Actually, I did not order from the infomercial, but did find it on Ebay at a reduced price a few days later. 

As for all the Tru-Back claims...it does stretch your back in a relaxing way, but as far as taking the whack out of the back and getting it back on track...no, not so much.  I'm old enough to know better, but in a weak moment I was fished in! 

Now I might be the only one to have taken the bait on one of these dubious products, but I doubt that.  Anyone else buy a miracle product, or just something featured on an infomercial?  Now's the time to come out of the closet and tell about it, and give us a real woman review while you are at it.

• sheila888
    Elimar ...Are we having a confession night???Wink
  • elimar

Yes, we can have it all...confessions and repenting.  You'll feel better afterward.

• sheila888

I just had a roll with butter on it.

And I did some visual Slapping.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

In the late 80s, when I was working graveyard as a 9-1-1 dispatcher, I was off one night and had far too many relaxing beverages at the local watering hole.  When I got home, I turned on the TV and there he was ---in all his glory----Wolfman Jack--and he sold me the greatest rock & roll hits of all time right then & there.  He was talking to me-----only me!  I still have the lovely plastic box that contains 8 or 10 cassettes with lots of great 50-60-70's music!  I would buy it again in a heartbeat, but it was creepy the next day when I felt like I had been a little too close for comfort to the Wolfman!!!

• elimar

I remember those commercials too.  Don't be too hard on yourself, he was promising you (with his subliminal voice) all that coolness for $19.95

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Yes, and if I remember correctly something else was thrown into the mix, if I called within 10 minutes, but what it was escapes me now!

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Wolfman Jack ~ lol, Joni! I haven't thought about him in years.

Did I say, "years"??

I meant "months", haven't thought of him in months!

Days! Haven't thought of him in days!! Wink

((hugs to all))

(trying not to date myself here)

LOL

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    C:\Users\Five\Pictures\finley 2010\digital camera pictures 1223.JPGC:\Users\Five\Pictures\finley 2010\digital camera pictures 1223.JPG
  • PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392

I just ate half a box of peanut brittle. They told me not to eat past midnight so I stuffed my face with that and McDonald fries. I don't see Cheetos on the menu.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    why am i getting text, not image? anyone know/
  • elimar

P-Mom, I can see you have a problem with authority.  Wink

3jays, You have to upload your own pics onto a website like Photobucket first, then download to here.  I think that's it.

• raeinnz
    raeinnz Member Posts: 553

I am eating Caramello chocolate - will feel guilty in the morning but it tastes pretty good now!

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Is marlegal ever going to give us the down low on the event???

• zogo
    zogo Member Posts: 19,606

Hi Gals, I'm a newbie here.  I'm 49...closing in on 50 in February. I will by having a PBMX with DIEP on December 3rd.  I can't get my mind off of it and find myself on this website all the time.  Anyway, I heard pillows were important for being comfortable during my recovery, so I bought the TOTAL PILLOW  (as seen on TV*) yesterday at Bed Bath and Beyond.  (with a coupon of course).  I think it will work quite nicely to tuck in places that need propping.  As for cheetos, have you ever tried the Jalapeno ones?  My teenagers love them.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Welcome to a new Cheeto gal! Have to try jalapeno chased by margaritas.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hi zogo and welcome.  Nope, haven't tried the jalapeno cheetos as they are not available here just the cheese ones which I loooove!

• zogo
    zogo Member Posts: 19,606

MMMMM  jalapeno Cheetos and margaritas.....the perfect meal  Wink  They don't have them in the grocery stores but my 18 yo DS brings them from the mini mart at the local gas station.  Then we all sneak a few!  Would it be wrong to tell him to buy a case to go with our margaritas?

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

When I was in highschool back in the mid-70s I bought a rowing machine so it would make me tall and blonde. I was too emabarrased to use it as the rowing sound resonated through the house and I could hear my 2 bros and sis laughing at my rest stops....sigh. Maybe that's when I started to hate hardwood floors...

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    Jalapeno Cheetos and margaritas sounds like the best weekend Idea yet.Everything in moderation right Ladies?Undecided
  • elimar

I'll have to wait til at least lunchtime to consider of that combination.  I hope they are not quite as flaming as the flaming hot ones.  The salsa picante flavor (from the Mighty Zingers little bitty ones) was pretty good.

Greetings zogo!  I like the confessional nature of your first post on this thread.  And you like the Cheetos too.  I think you have found a thread to help you bide your time until surgery next month.  Welcome!