MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Jo be sure and keep us posted on your results tomorrow.  Hope you can get there.  If not call the Dr and make him tell you on the phone.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Meece & Elimar - The alien invasion is over and you are back with us.  Great news.

Lynnie - We will wait for you go get back here.

Sherry - Sounds like the front will be out of here early tomorrow morning and the roads will be okay.  I should be alright to make it there.  I have a small car and if I need to, I can take DHs truck.   Will let everyone know what I find out.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Hi, Meece!   I hope it's 10 years.  Maybe they can make big advance in that slimy sludge we had to drink.  Glad you came through with flying colors.  So, how was lunch???  I went straight to Ruby Tuesdays (two blocks from hosp.) and had soup (broc/cheddar) and salad bar (big plate of it.)  I feel human again.
  • walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Meece/Elimar - good news

I am trying not to be a cry baby about the cold, but geeish another snow storm, really.  It's suppose to stop at the Red River, that is why I live south of it.

Jo - ditto on the results, thinking of you.

• jo1955

mjbmiller - I am whining about the cold too.  I did not move to deep south Texas for this - just saw a few snowflakes - here, really?  Continue to be below freezing until tomorrow morning.  

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I hope they washed the probe in between.......hey! I'm just sayin'....

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Can I whine about my flight being delayed 4x so far??? If I decide to wait and change the work day to Monday, I may get stuck in Monreal because more snow is coming on Tuesday ARGH!!! what was I thinking?

• jo1955

barbe - You are too much.

Sandee - Of course you can whine about the flight delays - I would be screaming by now. 

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

Yeah Meece and Elimar!!!!!!!!

Lynn-I am sitting here hoping the the freezing texas good thought waves reach you and giveyou a big hug! When I had to find out if I was getting a biopsy I went to a particular center my BS wanted me to go to. I was sitting there in waiting room filled with other women after having another mammo and this big hairy guy walks in and yells out my name. I said yes, and then do I need a biopsy? He shouts ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY...I said well, one absolutely would have been enough, geez oh pete.

The waiting is hell but like everything else on our journey soon becomes something we don't think about much after it is past. I spent the 48 hours following mine calling the BS every two hours...

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

sandee - whine away...it is all relative to whatever is going on in your life at a particular time. Since I am a free range whiner it makes it easier for me to appreciate:) I wish I was going to Montreal with you or even to see Halifax...my Dad ysed to tell me how very beautiful atlantic canada is and I plan on seeing it one day. I have met a lot of folks from there and every darn one is someone I would like to know better. I think I am a candian in yank clothing...

As far as the weather goes it is hilarious to watch everyone here in metro houston go bat-sh*t-I had three people ask me at 11am if they could go home...I asked why as there was no snow, rain, etc...they said it was going to be bad tonight...I said yes, at 7 or 8, but now the roads are dry. They went on to say we have to stock up! I said it is going to clear by Saturday-this is no hurricane. You just need what you would normally have. It will melt off by Friday afternoon Sat morning at latest. Just stay off the roads tonight and if your kids don't have school tomorrow call me and you can stay home. Reminded them that unlike the majority of companies in the world that we actually pay people if the weather is too dangerous to work and not from their vacation or sick pay. Two huffed away furious with me! I just don't get it. I hear so many on here who really need income or work and when I see the spoiled brats filled with entitlement...and mind you, the brats are no kids, they are mid 30-40s! It just makes me want to scream...so here goes ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Meh!

that feels better:)

I wanna play in the snow - it is supposed to start at midnight here so I will venture out then....

I am P*ssed because the PS cancelled my fill for tomorrow and I was psyched up about it. First freakingout then excited now back to oh gee, not happening....the snow, the possibility of snow...there is NO snow...being raised in Michigan I KNOW snow...this is just cold cold and colder...ok...enough, I will go pout and read some more:)

• elimar
    One would hope, Barbe!   LOL!
  • JeanH
    JeanH Member Posts: 132

1down 7 to go!

Uneventful ( except for traffic which I think will kill DH if he drives me to every treatment, luckily sisters nd friends will spell him.) nurse was great got me in first stick. E means more injections to push...but not much else is different.

Paula, the injections went into the top of my hand and I was surprised at how cold it feels...have not had many IV's so this was new. Loaded with anti nausea meds emend 3 pack, steroids and something else in the IV. So far only things I noticed arm feels weird and sensitive to smells.

Having trouble posting today...lost the end.

Meece and Elimar glad your prods were also uneventful

Jo hoping for good news for you.

Lynne we are waiting with you good luck.

Paula hope your first goes well tomorrow.

Hugs to all

Jean

add to your pack saltines site has then but I needed on the ride home.

Lump SNB 12/1/11 ,CHEMO: DD 4x EC/ T start Feb 3
    Diagnosis: 10/26/2010, ILC, 2cm, Stage IIb, 2/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-
  • JeanH

Ok this my third attempt to finish this post....have tried editing and saving twice, saved but no change to post...Am I missing a step?

Elimar and Meecie glad proddings were also uneventful.

Jo hope you get good news

Lynne we are here waiting with you.

Paula good luck tomorrow...

Hugs to all,

Jean

• elimar

Well, looks like it was a busy day out there for many of us.  Hugs back, Jean, you did it!  Paula, you'll do good tomorrow too, let us know how it goes.

It seems like just a week ago we were celebrating with the gals finishing rads, and now we've got more sisters just beginning their chemo.  It makes me sad that we are just a never-ending supply of ladies ravaged by The Beast.  Is that CURE ever gonna get here?

• JeanH

Paula,

One more thing, not sure if it is universal or just my cancer center, long wait between doctor visit and chemo for them to set up infusion after weight and height taken and because it was the first one I had to get another pregnancy test ( that really would have been the end for Dh), I went into the infusion room 2 hours later than I was scheduled to start. Actual time in infusion room for the EC combo was 1 1/2 hours. Next time will send DH or my chemo date out for their food during the waiting time so no smells at the end.

Jean

• elimar

Oh, that reminds me.  In December, there was the big fuss over giving me a pregnancy test before my bone scan.  Today, three different people asked me to pee in a cup, but I hadn't had liquids since 10 p.m. last night and that just was not going to happen.  This time, same place bone scan was done, they let me off the hook and I only had to sign a statement that I was not with child.  Guess they are not as hard core as the radiologist team.

Meece, my DH told me I now have a global-positioning chip implant, in case the aliens need me for a F/U visit.  I don't know where he comes upwith this stuff!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

E-Peas in a pod.... peas in a pod...that's all I have to say about that!

• JeanH

Apparently my changes were ther after all just needed a screen refresh :)

Thanks Elimar, I told my ds I will take all the hugs I can!

Jean

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Hey gals, Any word on PauldingMom? Haven't had an update lately.

Wow. I went away for a couple hours and now...three pages!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

Hey, Middies, we need to catch up--it's not global warming, it's global CLIMATE CHANGE!  That way the powers that be can blame us for all the temperature variations, and gets away from the inability to prove global warming.  

;)

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Thought I would bring my trusty steed along for the fun, Run Bullseye, Run like the wind.

My surgery in Nov and then in Dec, the nurse asked when my last monthly was.  Gave the date and said I'm in menapause.  Nurse looked at me for a while then said ok I'll put that down.  As far as I know I still am.

Yes my name is Jessie

• TMarina
    TMarina Member Posts: 297

Nativemainer--Good one!

Jean--> congrats on getting through the first one!  You'll probably be up most of the night (steroids), so settle in some place comfy!  I assume they told you about drinking LOTS of water to flush out the cytoxin, so you'll be up peeing a lot anyways--if not, you are not drinking enough!  You don't want that stuff sitting in your bladder!  The worst usually comes about day 3, hopefulyy your worst won't be very bad.

Paula-->we'll be thinking aobut you tomorrow!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Elimar, I slept the whole way home.  DH stopped and bought me some Doritos and Sprite.  And I had about 6 bites of leftover orange Chicken.  I slept until 4:30 with just a short wake up earlier.  Food really didn't mean as much as I thought it would.

• carol6026
    carol6026 Member Posts: 20

went to see re-constructive surgeon today. not happy with him at all. I just want to  wake up from this night mare and get it over with. I started on xanax yesterday, was so depressed, I had to call the doctor and beg for something. She really didn't want to prescribe them. So I told her I would get them from my friend and boy did she change her mind quickly.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Oh, DS is bringing "Chicago stuffed Pizza" for dinner.

• jo1955

Carol - Perhaps it is time to seek a second opinion if you don't like this surgeon.  Are there others in your area?  

I keep pinching myself to wake up but can't seem to get out of this nightmare so I know how you feel.  Nothing but bad experiences for me.   

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Carol so sorry you did not like the PS.  I have an appt with one on March 15th.  The group is suppose to be the best in San Antonio, I so hope I am not dissapointed.

• dawney
    dawney Member Posts: 136

I didn't like the PS that my surgeon recommended and went for a second opinion and love, love, love the new one.  The first one wouldn't do a TRAM flap on me but the second one will.  Waiting on insurance approval and then I will schedule as soon as I can.  So ready for it to be over with!!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

I switched Gps a few years ago because I just didn't 'get' my GP..would keep me waiting int he waiting room for 25 minutes while I could see her watering her plants, does not beleive in vitamins, I had to beg her for a mammogram when I turned 40....thank god I changed dr.'s pre-cancer diagnosis. My new GP goes by her first name, takes all the time in the world if you need it and called mer personally to tell me I had cancer.....that is the kind of surgeon you want too..and radiologist and oncologist...you have to trust these people...sometimes their bedside manner sucks..true enough but yowsers ladies....have to feel safe with them, hmm?

hugs to all

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

I had a short pm from PauldingMom on Jan. 31st-said her computer was still down & she was doing chemo #2 this week.  The rest of the message was banter about the Super Bowl, so she still keeping a stiff upper lip!!!