MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Jo it was 24 degrees here. Is suppose to snow this evening.  It is way to freaking cold***

Thanks all for the support for my situation with my Dad.  He is scheduled for his biopsy on the 10th as he has  to get off coumidin.  I had a talk with all my brothers that I just do not have time left to take off work because of all of my treatments.  I have enough time to cover my future Dr appts etc, but not much more.  They have all said they will be happy to take off work and do what they need to do to help out.  so the game plan is that I will be the coordinator and keep up with what is going on and they will do all the running. Now if I can just get my Dad's Dr to start calling me for stuff instead of my parents it would make life so much easier.  Just yesterday I called the nurse for instructions on the coumadin and the dr calls my dad who does not understand, he tries to relay it to my mom who was totally confused about it and ended up at my office so that we then called the Dr's office again and the nurse then had the instructions to give me.  geez would have been easier if the Dr had just called me like I asked.  At least the RO decided on the first day he meet my parents he was only going to call me, so much easier.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

We are supposed to get a wintry mix later today and tomorrow morning. Could get some ice on the roads. I am beginning to stress out about this.  We don't have anything for the roads down here.  My surgeon appt is tomorrow afternoon and I am to get my results from the CT and bone scan.  I don't want to wait until next week.  I should know later today when they call to confirm the appt.

• jo1955

We are supposed to get a wintry mix later today and tomorrow morning. Could get some ice on the roads. I am beginning to stress out about this.  We don't have anything for the roads down here.  My surgeon appt is tomorrow afternoon and I am to get my results from the CT and bone scan.  I don't want to wait until next week.  I should know later today when they call to confirm the appt.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

This guy agrees.

• TMarina
    TMarina Member Posts: 297

I love seeing the pics here of everyone out having a good time!   I'll be thinking of Meece and Elimar, and also Lynn.  Prayers for all of you!

Barbe--I agree!!

Dawney--That's a good question!  My fitter said a lot of women save their old one to use for swimming, but didn't say the newer one couldn't be used.  I think it can.  This is one of the reasons I'm seriously considering recon now--I hate the thought of another surgery (esp. one that sounds painful!), but I would just like to be done with all of this and not have to worry about what to wear all the time (high neck only!)

Had my Herceptin yesterday and still feeling tired, and didn't sleep well because my tummy was bothering me.  Drinking coffee now trying to perk up enough to go to Bible Study!

Time to go --Have a great day!

Tina

• jo1955

mumayan - Looks like he is having fun!

• Sherryc

Jo it is currently 22 degrees here and I just checked accuweather and we are suppose to get 2.5 inches of snow tonight, yikes.  I am sure our offices will shut down because no one knows how to drive in the snow.

• Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783

Good luck to you !

• jo1955

Bad drivers on normal weather here - don't even want to think about going out today.  I am lucky, I live in the park where I work so I can walk back & forth.

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

Hey Texas ladies!

I'm in the DFW area and right now we're about 17 degrees.  The past 2 days we couldn;t get out of our driveway due to the ice rink that the weather built for us LOL.  We had it as cold as 10 degrees this week for a low.   I live in Texas and it's suppose to warmer than this. 

Barbe - I agree, Global Warming my a$$.

Hugs to all and holding hands with those having tests/waiting on tests today.

Trish

• Sherryc

Trish has it starting snow up in Dallas yet.  I am an hour south of Austin and we are to get 2.5 inches tonight.

• prayrv

Sherry,

No not until tonight - we are only supposed to get about 1".  You are supposed to get it before we do as the storm is supposed to track from the south towards the northeast.  I'm originaly from San Antonio and still have family there.  Stay warm!

Trish

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

Hello to my fellow ice-olated Texans! This is Ice Day Three off from school for my girls. My husband just slid out of the driveway in an attempt to head up to work in Fort Worth. In any northern city, we'd be DONE with this already, but we don't have the trucks, manpower, sand, or chemicals to clear the residential streets down here. Normally, if we get ice, we immediately return to our regularly scheduled mildness and Mother Nature reabsorbs her gift. But this multi-day stretch of below-zero temps is just weird. It's not supposed to get over freezing until tomorrow afternoon, briefly, so I can't see that we'll have school tomorrow, either... Hopefully the snow is just "decor snow" and doesn't add to the problems.

I'm pretty sure based on the rate of postings on here that many women are trapped inside due to the weather and are whiling away the winter hours posting. :)

So we should probably NOT be talking about weather when Elimar emerges from her alien anal probe, right? Quick - change the subject!

Reminds me: wish I'd remembered to buy some CHEETOS before this ice hit...

Raj - I so love the magic of the internet and this site that you can connect with us all the way on the other side of the world and feel the power of women sharing knowledge and feelings. I love to read your posts. I am also happy for you that you are able to help your friend - I usually mention my diagnosis to people because I would LOVE to be able to help someone else who's smacked by this. The beginning, especially, is SO hard, and as well-meaning as they can be, family and friends who haven't been there really don't get it as well as we do. :)

• prayrv

OOPS sorry about the weather post!  Just hit me with a wet cheeto (softer and won't hurt as much).  I am actually at work - and get email notifications on this thread.  Better get back at it.

Stay safe everyone!

Trish

• jo1955

Okay! Everybody, let's change the subject - I can see the alien spaceship with Elimar.  Hope she is doing well.

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Well my RO office called and they are open today, will only miss two appointments instead of three.  Giving myself at least 50min to get there.  DH said he would drive me but cann't see him driving an hour from work, pick me up at work, and drive me to the tx.  He told me to stay in the dry ruts and go slow.  He forgets I am a Kansas girl and know how to drive in bad %&@^, it's the other drivers I have to worry about.  Wish me luck.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Hi all!  I hope everyone has safe travels to and from today.  Good luck tomorrow Jo.  I go for my first chemo tomorrow so if anyone has tips for me I would be so greatful for them.  I doing a bit of a mimi freak, but hey I did it b4 my surgry so I cool with it.  This has been a ride that has had many turns so I wouldnt expect anything other then that.  Good Luck and safe  travel MJ.

• Sherryc

Just found out our county is closing all offices at 4pm today and will be closed tomorrow.  suppose to start getting icy around 5pm and snow tonight.  Did I say I live in South Texas.  I feel like Dorothy and the tornado dropped me somewhere else.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

I did it!  I wish I had some humorous musing about getting my colonoscopy this morning, but the fact is, I checked in at 8:15 and was out by 11:00.  When they were giving me the i.v, of course they made a beeline for my treatment side.  That's a no-no, and it is listed right there in my computerized record, should any medical personnel take a second to read it.  I did ask for Versed "light." hoping I might see or remember something of the transport to the mothership, but nope, I was fully out of it til the overpowering aroma of a saltine brought me around in my little recovery room.

I have to concur with all who said that the home prep, with the nasty drink, was the worst of it.  Where's my buddy Meece?  I hope hers was as uneventful as mine.

And OMG, I'm gone for a few hours of procedure and right away out come the weather reports.  It's Winter, shouldn't we expect this to happen?  (That was a rhetorical question!!!)

Turning my thought to lynniea and her biopsy...hope it went well.  How long til results?

• Sherryc

Elimar glad everything went OK, yes even at my MO office they took my bloodpressure on my treatment side.  I had to correct them.  Just another reason I am getting a new one.

• jo1955

Elimar - We don't get a "wintry mix" where I live.  A cold winter day is usually in the 40s and that only lasts a day or two.  Normal is much warmer - so we don't know how to act.  Hard to stay warm.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    jo,  If putting a sweater on doesn't do the trick, you'll just have to start busting up furniture for firewood.  Foot in mouth
  • jo1955

Have so many layers on now it is ridiculous.  Don't like this at all!  I shouldn't complain - we are not shoveling snow.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Jo1955- good luck with the weather and your apointment tomorrow..far more important than a flight to Montreal. I can change that and do it next week....waiting on results is hard enough without adding the worry of potentially not being able to get there...do you have a neighbour with a big heavy car and nerves of steel who would drive you?.We got dumped on yesterday and into the night and I shovelled for an hour...enough to get my car out of the drive...about 5 car lengths long...left the other prt of the driveway for my landlord to take care of. My goodness! No idea where the guy is that he paid to plow on snowstorms ...ah well.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Meece checking in.  I am a little late, as they must have waited for Elimar to vacate the probe bay in the mother ship.  Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers.

Results:  All clear no polyps what so ever!  Better news than I was expecting the way things have been going.  And it only took two tries to sart the IV!  Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lynniea is home and finished with her bx.  Now it is waiting time.  Luckily she has found our group to stand vigil with here.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Meece- YAY!!!! such goooood news!

Lynniea- find busy things to do this week...keep busy and keep your brain and body occupied ...I went to the gym every day while I was waiting...couldn't do the lie down and relax portion of the class but the weight part worked like a dream to keep my mind off the wait. Good luck.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Meecie and Elimar!!! So glad your journey to the ship was uneventful. You are good for another 5 years now. Lynnie, we are thinking of you!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

I was thinking 10 years, but I'd be happy to settle with 5 if I have to.

• TMarina
    TMarina Member Posts: 297

Congrats Meece and Elimar!!   So glad everything went well!!  ok--Who's next???  Laughing

Lynniea--Glad you have that over with!  yes, the hard part is waiting...  Good advice to keep busy!  Spend some time with girlfriends or family--have some laughs!  We'll be waiting with you.

• Sherryc

Meece glad all went well

Lynnie will be waiting with you here.