Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Barbe - Now that is so precious.

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

I see both surgeon and oncologist tomorrow.  Hopefully they will have a plan. 

• dawney
    dawney Member Posts: 136

Barbe - love the picture of your daughter and grandson.  I'm glad she had a good time at the concert, we sure did, although I didn't get to touch him lol .  I hadn't been to a concert in about 8 years and we had a really good time.  Our normal evenings are spent with me sitting on the couch with my laptop and DH in his chair with his laptop, some tv show playing in the background and the odd assortment of cays/dogs lying around, so it was a nice change  :)

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Going to see Melissa Ethridge on Wednesday...then fly to New York early the next morning for a day of walking before doing a  day of work and two more days of walking....love to look at new things...get bored of my small city....been here too long perhaps....See where June mammogram takes me and decide form there what the next life step is.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Suz, I totally love the empty nest, even if it means hub is in his spot in kitchen watching tv (our kitchen chairs are super comfy exec chairs) and I'm in the living room.  We just yell back and forth to each other - it works for us to each watch our own shows!!

Barbe, that picture is too cute! That should be online somewhere for lots of people to see.  Oh wait, that's right, now it is :)

Famous relatives ... the closest I come is that my husband's cousin is Pink's father.  My kids and Alicia (her real name) and her brother played together at Christmas parties for many years growing up cause they're the same age.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

OOHH!! Pink beats Paul Anka by a LONG shot!!!

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

HAHA, Marlegal - my son said, "that's pretty cool!"

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

Here are the two grandgirls Barbe.  They're cousins, not sisters.  The four month old is a bundle energy and even zaps the energy of her aunts and mom!  The other three were quite calm at four months old!  They are so fun, I love playing with them.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

I love Country Music!!!!

My DS, DIL and granddaughter are coming to visit this coming weekend, can't wait.

Lynn been praying for you keep us posted on what the Dr's say.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Suz, what an awesome pic!!!  That is something you could put soo many captions to, ya know?

Heart, when our girls were late teens and Pink was getting popular, they did tell some friends and one day I was sitting on our front porch and a boy about 12 or so came up to me ... I'd never seen him before ... and said with wide eyes - "Are you really related to Pink?"  I told him that I wasn't, but that my husband was, and he was obviously disappointed, but still asked "Does she ever come here?" and when I said no, he just hung his head and walked away.  I will never forget the sadness of that little kid!!!  As for Paul Anka, I loved his songs!!!

• susantm
    susantm Member Posts: 71

I think my nearest claim to fame is that I did volunteer work during college in the day care center where Joan Baez's son, Gabriel Harris, came. Little Gabe was just two years old then and a pretty quiet little guy. No famous people in my bloodline that I know of, but my husband says he is distantly related to Harry Truman.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Lynn I will be praying for ya tomorrow.  Stay strong.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Sherry - I love country music too.

My brother in law lives 30 miles south of Nashville and is a close personal friend of George Strait and his manager Erv Woosley.  When George came to the valley a couple of years ago, I called the BIL and got really good seats.  What a concert.  George Strait is my all time favorite singer.

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

What great pics of grandbabies. I have a few years to go.

Barbie my son loved his "johnny jump up" too

No famous relatives but my great grandpa was on the front of the Saturday Evening Post in the early 40's. He was one of the last chuck wagon cooks still cooking on one of the ranches in the panhandle of Texas.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,600

not sure who first mentioned a famous relative and I have no idea who Pink is.....no famous relatives in my geneology....but my grandmother was Miss Old Orchard Beach in the 1930's.....I have  her trophy....funny thing was...she wasn't a miss and she wasn't from Old Orchard Beach!!! but she was gorgeous!!! inside and out...my mom recently sent me a picture of my grandmother that is stunning!!!!  oh and my mother went to the same high school as William Shatner...but I think they were a couple grades apart.....

• lynniea

Up very early today I guess on days I have doctors appts I just don't get much sleep.  I know God has it all in control but sometimes it not easy to leave it in his hands.  I am looking forward in some way and not in others.  I love you all for your thoughts and prayers and just need that grain of mustard seed of faith.  I will let you all know later.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Walking with you Lynniea!

• lynniea

Thanks Chrissy I just could't sleep today and knew someone would be on some where here.

• chrissyb

There's always some one around to hold a hand and add support to those who need it.  Hope it all goes well for you today.

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 106

scanning thru our boards ...  I N S O M I N A .. I am from Southern California ..been stumbling around since 2 a.m.

Happy Monday, Girls!

Vicki Sam

• chrissyb

Hi VickiSam, what's on your mind?

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Karen, your mom is Canadian? How cool? William Shatner is from Winnipeg, of course.

Suz, what a baby shot!!! All those toys in the background for the baby and the baby goes for the spilled make-up bag! Too sweet...hehehehheheheheheh

Chrissy, LOVE your pic!!!!!

As for famous people, mine are TV and movies. My cousin is Helen Shaver (Color of Money, Amittyville Horror, Tremors, etc) who is now a director, and cuz Lally Cadeau from TV and my cousin's kid Michael McManus who has this sci fi series that he is the star of and is HUGE in Japan but I don't even remember the name of it!!

Sir Edmund Hiliary was also a personal friend of the family before his passing a couple of years ago.

I love to link that "6% of separation" thing...some of us are linked some how and we don't even know it yet!!

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

Barbe, that picture of Zach sleeping is precious!  The Grands are fun aren't they?  You're well connected to famous people!!

Lynniea - thinking of you today.

My only claim to a famous person is a distant relation to Frances Cleveland, wife of American President Grover Cleveland.  She was my Great Grandmother's cousin.  However, the 6% of separation probably has me related to my Canadian sisters, my Grandfather was Canadian!

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Lynnie, holding your cyber hand today!!

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Lynniea best of wishes today

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Hope the docs work up a cancer-kickin' treatment plan for you today, Lynniea.  They are all somewhat nasty, but doable, but the best part is you are moving a step closer to putting this in your PAST.
  • sunangel27
    sunangel27 Member Posts: 234

Howling wolves?? That is what I feel like doing at times!!! heheheeeeeeee

elimar.......don't get me started! I will have to go get avacados and onions!! I LOVE it and lots of onions in it too.....guac.....

Marie, and mj :  it sucks......sometimes I just want to understand why we have to lose those so dear to us so soon......it just doesn't make sense...         and NO NO parent should have to lose a child.......

• sunangel27
    sunangel27 Member Posts: 234

Lynniea thinking of you today!!!!!!

• Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783

Today I am very upset  because  of Income Tax. I got medical re-imbursement against  my medicines during 2010-11 financial year i.e. mar 2010- Jan,2011. My accountant  has  added the amount  as my inclome  alongwith my salary income  for calculation of  Tax. I am now planning  not to take any amount against re-imbursement  of medical expenses from my office to avoid payment  of income tax  in next year. This is govt. policy.. no one can run away or hide it. Instead I will  join insurance so that atleast  the expenses be made through insurance not from my office.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Raj, I am sorry for your tax frustration.  But also something in me also feels like the world is a smaller place...there you are in India in your daily life juggling the medical expenses and ins benefits, and here we are halfway around the world reading and RELATING.  I was kind of saving this humor pic for closer to the U.S. tax deadline (and it's April 18 this year everybody) but I like it so much, I'm not going to wait...

Ziggy

In case if you don't know, Raj, that is ZIGGY, a newspaper comic character from the 70's.