Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Carol - Geesh!  I hate it when that happens but it is out of your control.  You will be alright and it will give you time to power up and get stronger.  Relax and breathe.  We are all here for you.  ((HUGS)))

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Sandee, by my calculations....you aren't at home right now!!!! If a train left Chicago at 4:30 going 70 mph and another train left Boston at 3:45 going 80 mph........

How can you have more flights further out than in?

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

hahahaha, barbe, it's early and you are still quick with your wit!!!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Carol sorry for the delay, I know you are anxious but it really won't matter with the outcome.  (((HUGS)))) 

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Barbe, I'm so glad you posted that ... I thought I was losing it for a minute there.  Sandee, please type slowly and tell us more about the flight info!!!  I developed LE 2 1/2 yrs post-surgery, so almost 3 yrs ago.  In that time I've had long (7 hours) and short flights.  I wear a compression sleeve every day anyway, so it wasn't a new thing for me to wear one on the plane.  I had no problems other than what anyone else would have too ... have to get up and stretch now and then which everyone should do. 

Tamoxifen - I went into chemopause too and had been in peri-men before chemo.  I was 50 at dx.  I did tamox for 3 yrs even though I never had another period.  My estro levels still showed activity, so until they were totally post-men my onc kept me on tamox.  On aromasin now, but should go off that in May and then be - gulp - totally on my own.  Kind of weird to think of all the training wheels being taken away, ya know?   (Of course you know, silly me!!!)

• barbe1958
    I like that post-men and pre-men. I guess that's how it is.......Undecided
  • Meece

So Post men bring you treatment?  Or are you just plain over men in general.

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Elimar thanks for the spring flowers. 

Don't forget to spring forward this weekend.

• barbe1958

It means you get men before menopause but not after....sigh!

Are you SURE it's this weekend we flip the clock? I thougt it was next weekend....

• walker2222

Yes, I googled it to make sure.  2am on March 13th.

• barbe1958

Holy cow! I had to google it too as it seems so early. My 3rd grandson is due on the 13th. I KNEW it was an important day!!

• Meece

Oh, boy, oh, boy, and another oh, Boy!

• walker2222

That is great Barbie, shower him with kisses when he gets here.  Do they live close by?

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Reading, laughing, and popping by with a factoid I just read:

CDC & NCI numbers as of 2006... 11.4 million people had survived, or were surviving, cancer.  Of that number, WOMEN WITH BREAST CANCER was the LARGEST SURVIVING GROUP at 22%.  I like any news that makes me more optimistic about banishing The Beast forever!

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    Carol I had the opposite thing happen. I was told my doctor is very booked and i was waiting for a date to get my TEs. They said it might not be until April or May, then all of a sudden they had a cancelation and boom it's March 29. So i took it cause who knows how long i would have to wait if i did not. Now it's almost here and I am trying not to panic. I need to learn to relax and have faith it will all turn out well.
  • Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Elimar thanks for sharing that news it is encouranging.  Also I sent you a PM

• jo1955

Elimar - The flowers are beautiful.

I love dayligjt savings time - so glad it is this weekend.  I can get more done in a day. 

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Barbe, LOL about post-men ... that's not what I mean when I typed it, but you know .... pretty much does sum it up unfortunately!  Is that a topic we can open up in here??

Carol - you want to start treatment as soon as you can - the sooner you start, the sooner it will be behind you. 

Yup, DST begins Sat night (actually 3:00 AM Sun morning if you want to stay up and change your clocks then!)  Guess I'll go to bed at midnight instead of 1:00 AM Sat night :)

Eli - thanks for the Spring flowers - it was miserable here a lot this week, so I want/need those reminders of good things to come.

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

We had all rain.  I hope we don't get water in our basement. 

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

OK-I was post-men before BC & am certainly still post-men after.  Every now & then someone will post a pic that will pique my interest, but then I remember all the crap that accompanies the real thing-no thanks!

Carol, sorry about your delay, but everyone has told you everything worth saying...try not to let it add to your already zooming stress.  

• eph3_12

just want to add that I haven't been on much becuz DDs laptop has died & she's been dominating my PC to get homework done prior to her trip to Italy which begins TOMORROW.  3 weeks without her here!  I'm currently stoked about the whole idea-probably by noon Sunday, I'll be a puddle, but right now, it's something I am SO looking forward to!  Take her to the airport @ 8:30 AM.

My beaches (Brookings/Harbor, OR & Crescent City,CA) got nailed by tsunamis today-lots & lots of damage.  I have plans to go over on the 25th & 26th so we shall see.

• elimar

Eph, that is a fab. trip for a high-schooler!!!  Lucky Girl!

And Marlegal, to your question I say, if it ain't weather...

• jo1955

Good Saturday Morning  Middies

Hope everyone is having a good day. 

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Yowser...just reread what I wrote. I have to pormise myself to stay off the computer after I have taken a sleeping pill...seriously. Speed was not the issue Marlegal! I simply need to unplug the computer!

My concern with flying is that after a short flight, I feel a tightness in my arm...and on my vacation, I will have quite a number of flights to get to my destinations....just worried about whether or not flying can bring on lymphodema...sounds like a supid question but there you go....I am doubful but the question remains.

• jo1955

Went to the movies to night with DH and friends.  Saw The Adjustment Bureau with Matt Damon and it is a must see movie.  Kept me guessing.  Had a busy day today.  Took DH shopping for some casual clothes for the cruise and I got some new bermuda shorts.  We cruise in 34 days but I am not counting.  Nah!  I wouldn't do that - hehe.

Hope everyone had a great Saturday. 

• eph3_12

I saw Adjustment Bureau last weekend & liked it quite a bit.  Rented "Salt" tonight & liked it even better!  

• Sandeeonherown

Jo...how many minutes is that? it is gooooood to have something to look forward to...think my vaca is starting in 25 days...still have to purchase one part of the ticket...trying to decide where I want to feel rushed and jetlagged...on whose couch!....so looking forward to it and figure I will also give myself time to sort my next step out....

Eph- Good recommendation. Salt WAS great indeed....will check out the Adjustment bureau this week I think

• jo1955

Sandee - It was a fast 99 minutes.  It was it fast paced and keeps you guessing.  Matt Damon is really good in this movie.  I give it 2 thumbs up.

Have not heard of SALT but will check it out.  We watched the previews of upcoming movies and I have to go see PAUL about the little space alien.  That looks like it will be a funny one.  We could all use a good laugh. 

• elimar

Did everyone remember to...

spring forward Pictures, Images and Photos

• Sandeeonherown

Jo- thanks for the recommendation. Will definitely check it out!