MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Reesie, have fun and enjoy! What a great thing for your family to do! DH blind folded me on my 50th and drove me around for what seemed like forever as I whined incessantly about where are we! Ended up at my brother's for a huge and wonderful surprise party. Came home to 50 pink flamingos in my front yard with a large sign. Lol. Everyone in my town knew I turned 50! They were provided by flamingonightmares.com. They came and collected the birds the next evening! Thank goodness!

Foxy

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Thank you all for the warm welcome.  Reesie.....sounds like your husband is a doll and I hope whatever your surprise is, that you enjoy it tremendously! 

I am not sure that I posted all my stuff correctly.  It still confuses me.  My BS told me that he thought my cancer was Stage II.  I have no idea where I came up with Ia.  Maybe I will go edit it.  Yes, my tumor was 3.2 cm.  My surgeon told me it was larger than they thought.

Maybe I can go edit my information and get it straight!

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

Foxlairfrm...I wouldn't be at all surprised if the pain meds are causing your lack of appetite. My mom was on them for a while after her heart attack and lost lots of weight because she simply didn't feel like eating. Her appetite returned after she stopped taking them.

Welcome to all of the newbies!!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

I actually thought I would be on time this week for the mystery pic.  Darn!  I am heading to the coast this morning and won't be around...

So...I think it is a white cat drinking milk in a snowstorm, or a dust bunny!

• Foxlairfrm

I can't see the mystery pic! What happened?

Foxy

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Foxlairfrm, Flamingo nightmare?  That's Flamingo Heaven.  I'm so jealous of your flock.  Meece meant the pic is not up yet...white on white...screen dust...she'll have to check back later today after BarbA (ooops! I mean Sherryc) gets one posted.
  • Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

I have not posted the pic yet.  I have had a really busy week and actually forgot about it.  As soon as I can get something together I'll post it.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Sherry - I am so glad I was not the only one who forgot to post the mystery pic. All I could say was oops!  and quickly find something.

• Sherryc

Ok lets see if this works for the picture

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

It looks like coarse sand to me.

• justmejanis

Maybe a granite countertop?

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Sidewalk?

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

It could be counter top, floor tile, ashpalt or as Annette mentioned it last week maybe that's her derriereSealed after seating on the wet sand  Laughing

Hi Ladies ♥

Edited to correct a word

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

a driveway! or an elephant hide!

• Sherryc

You ladies crack me up with your answers

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Since it isn't Annette's a$$ - how about shower tiles?

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532

i'm thinking it's the beach.  

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

dried mudhole!

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

dryer lint before you pull it off the filter

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

a satellite picture of the moon,or my neighborhood on a cloudy day!!

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Welcome justmejanis! I am happy you have found us.

This is a wonderful group of gals that will be here for you 24/7.

A welcome hug is headed your way.

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Remants of a fire on the beach. On a beach blanket, With a bottle or two of wine. . . 

• Foxlairfrm

It's sand or the dirt on the side of the road or driveway looks like it has a tire mark in it.

Foxy

• justmejanis

Valjean, many thanks for the warm welcome.  Hugs right back at you.

This is a terrific place and I have about burned my eyes up trying to read everything.  The information I have found here is amazing.  BC patients are really the best source.  Everyone's experience is slightly different, but the battle is the same.  We all want to evict the nasty cancer from our bodies and will do whatever it takes.  Having so many sisters here is wonderful.  I embrace all of you and your battles.  Thanks for a wonderful place to learn and to vent!

Hugs to all!

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

my guess - the walkway/sidewalk by a swimming pool

Trish

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

I think it's beach sand.I'd say from down the shore but sherry is in texas so she probably goes to the beach.

Back from my adventure. Turns out my DH didn't take me anywhere. My sisters kidnapped me along with my best friend from high school/college and took me to AC.

It was all planned by my bff sister (inlaw) . My sister drove in from Ohio and picked her up. Then they met my baby sister at my house and took me away without telling me where we were going. We picked up my friend and away we went. We gambled a little, wandered (well they wandered, I sat while they took turns pushing) the boardwalk, had a nice dinner , joked around and just had a good time.

Turns out it was planned for a while but the timing was perfect. I definitely needed it this week.

I started a caring page yesterday for health updates. It's invitation only so if you want to see my updates message me you're e-mail address and I'll add you. The link is on my profile page.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Sounds like a better time than going down a water flue in a canoe!!!! Glad it worked out!

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Reesie it sounds like you had a good time.  Im glad your sissys n friends took you away for a break.  I loved those times when BC wasnt in the picture.  I pray that this week will be better for you! 

• Foxlairfrm

Reesie that sounds wonderful! Glad you had a good time. It's great to have good friends and sisters. My younger sister passed away 2 years ago, I sure miss her. Keep those great times close to your heart. They put a sweet smile on your face even in the hardest of times.

Foxy

• justmejanis

Reesie I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful time.  There is not much better than spending a nice evening with family and friends.  Any time you can escape this crap, even for awhile, is so healing!  We all need to remember to enjoy the good days and find fun and pleasure in our lives.  I am really happy it was your turn and you had such a nice time.