MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

....sitting here wondering how people keep getting shots of my butt....this must have been a telephoto lens at dusk.....

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

annette - You crack me up!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Annette-just love you & your a$$!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    reesie,  What a nice surprise.  I like how your husband was a co-conspiritor.
  • jo1955
    What is the mystery pic?  I dying to find out.  SHERRY WHERE ARE YOU?????
  • Ainm
    Ainm Member Posts: 362

Mystery Picture - Is it a high altitude or satelite photo??

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Reesie--What a WONDERFUL adventure!!!  How nice to get away from it all for some good ol' girl time!!! You deserved it!!!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Ok and the winner of the mystery photo is Elimar with course sand and yaya is runner up with beach.  It was a course sandy beach in Isle la Majaris Mexico.  Here is the original photo.

And why I took a photo of a dog, who knows

• Sherryc

Reece what a wonderful suprise your sisters did for you.  And great timing as well.

• jo1955

Sherry - The dog is cute.

Ressie - What a wonderful surprise and the timing was so perfect.l  (((HUGS))) 

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

What a great surprise Reesie!

This cancer crud has definitely given me a whole new perspective. I was thinking about the fact that if it weren't for cancer, my biggest worry right now would be starting my final year of homeschooling in a few weeks.

Oh how I wish sometimes that I could have my old life back....I didn't appreciate it enough.

We did have some good news around here. The mother of one of my daughter's friends has been battling stage IV BC for five years. Scan after scan has always shown things were worse or the same. This week her scan showed that the new chemo has been working and a lot of her mets have shrunk a lot.She had been feeling so sick that they were all afraid she was near the end; instead, she feels so bad because the chemo is so strong but working. Hopefully, she will be able to have a break soon and enjoy some feeling good time!

• Sherryc

Barb that is great news about your friend.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

hi ladies, i just finished some way back there reading...even though i'm WAY too old to be here, i still read, and keep up on everyone.. Barb, i love to hear those stories.. so many of my friends here are IV; and i want to hear someone finds something that works... keep on trucking, ladies...a fan.....3jays

• jo1955

Barb - Such good news about your friend.  Sending good thoughts and prayers up that she continues on the road to recovery.

• elimar

Yay!   To think that I almost guessed driveway, but now I get to join the two-time winners.  I really know my beach sand!   I'll have another challenge for all next Saturday.

Barb58,You've started our week off with some good news.  Looks like the new chemo is just the right thing for your friend, may it keep on working and get the mets down to nothing.

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

I have to win one of these days! I can think of a million cool things around here for a mystery pic. Now if I could only figure out how to post pics. I tried once with no success. Have a great day ladies, gonna be a scorcher here in VA!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Sherry, that dog looks like the one in the commercial that says "I think I'll need a bigger box....!" Some Taco Bell commercial. That dog of yours even LOOKS Mexican!! !hehehehehe

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Lol Barb. It looks like a dog we have that comes into the shop for grooming. Nasty little booger! He lost a tooth IN a German sheppard's leg when he bit him. The poor big dog got an infection from the bite, the little dog still warns him off...lol. Some of my customers are real characters!

Foxy

• Sherryc

barbe1958-actually when the dog walked up to us on the beach we all started laughing and said yo qedo taco bell (sp).  I am sure that is why I took the picture.

• jo1955

Sherry - That dog looks like he needs a siesta.  Maybe he was looking for some shade.

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

I'm thinking the photo is a microscope-enhanced image of the bacteria left on the drinking fountain by that squirrel...

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Finally a day off!! Off to drive to Winter Haven, south of Orlando, to see my parents. We haven't had rain for days and it decides to rain now as I am getting ready to drive for an hour?? Oy-vey!! 

Hope everyone is having a great week! Next week is a big week--take my son back to college for year #2 on the 17th--which just happens to be my 50th B-day. Can't think of a better way to spend my Bday!!! The house will be quieter, but my grocery bill will be lower!!  

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I came to this site last today, like I do every day because I hate having to scroll to the top to go to the last page. Anyway, I started to scroll and then realized I AM ALREADY on the right page!!! Woo hoo!!! The Mods did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• elimar

OMG, me too, Barbe!  It took forever, but all's well that ends well.  Hats off to The Mods/Techs.

• jenn333
    jenn333 Member Posts: 23

Hi ladies -I guess I belong here too at age 49 but who says we middle agers don't have young kids (original post)? I have a 7 yo daughter - surprise (and joy) of my life! There must be others like me, yes?

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Jenn333 -  Welcome.  There are others in our group with young children.  But we don't kick them out with those that are not "age appropriate" either lol.

Feel free to join our wacky group but beware Annette's a$$ - it seems to get around. 

Have fun Claire.  Enjoy your time off even if you have to get wet doing it.

WooHoo for the Mods/Techs getting things right for the "oldbies".

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    Me 3  Smile
  • elimar

Below, I am going to write for ALL who have misunderstood my opener over the last two years to think that it did not include them.  Then, after I do that, I think I will finally make changes to the opening post for all future reference.  To clarify:

"We aren't young with small children."  

You may be in this age group and have a toddler, I don't care; but if you have already had your fortieth birthday, I no longer consider you technically "young."   Now, I just know there is a forty-and-a-half-year-old out there, with a 3 year old, who still feels "young."  You can always be an interloper on the "younger" forum, and talk about early childhood topics there but in a short time you will come to realize that most of them are "thirty-somethings" and even "twenty-somethings" (poor young B/C sisters) and those decades are pretty much a rerun for you.

"Many of us have just gotten to the stage where we were all set to enjoy the freedom of our kids being grown..."

I used to say "Most..." but downgraded that to "Many..." which meant not ALL of us had grown kids by this time.  I did take that into account.  There are some women here who's kids are ALL grown up, have lived elsewhere for some years and have graced them with grandchildren.  But I still think I hit the nail on the head with many who have teens or twenties.  Seems like this time of life is when we start to get our own lives back (a little) and the last way we pictured spending it was getting the old "slash, burn and/or poison."  

"We aren't retired yet..."

Maybe you made your bundle early or Uncle Sam was your boss.  Or you were forced out during downsizing or ill health.  But most are still working and that's a challenge.  I'm also saying this thread is not really going to focus on Medicare topics.  If you are a middle-aged, at home mom, I still include you, because I fully respect your laborious toil and hope you have your own retirement account too.

"We might have to care for an elderly parent on days when we feel like we could use a caregiver ourselves."

This is a special demand that does primarily hit this age group.  Some have other people caring for an elderly parent and some have lost a parent or both, but it is a time when the mortality of our parents is very real.  I think of it as the final stage of our "growing up."  But that's just me.

Blah, blah, that's enough about that.  I've said before that even I don't fit the description to a tee.  Now I will see if I can put a modifier up there.  What if I made it a lot more specific, wouldn't that be funny?   ("Most of us have sons named Justin, drive a three year old car, and prefer snacking on Cheetos.")  That last one just might be true!

• elimar
    Now what I really meant was, Welcome, jenn333!   Oh yes, you do belong in the group. 
  • annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

Welcome Jenn....sorry you had to join us but glad you found us...me and my *ss are here to help and maybe crack a corny joke or three....now excuse me, I have to kick Reesie in hers:)

p.s. my mom had my brother when she was 42 and she is now 84-quite radical back in '68 and she always thought it kept her young...it sure did:)