MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    annettek, I knew it was only a matter of time til a$$ and crack appeared in the same sentence.  Sealed
  • eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Love your pet squirrel E! 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

pet squirrel?

• eph3_12

see picture @ top of thread.  I figure it must be her pet - who else would have a water fountain drinking rodent!? Oh - maybe Meece! 

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

Hi ladies I go for my first radiation appt. today.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Lynnie, rads are way easier than chemo. You go girl! Welcome Jenn.

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

good luck toyou Lynn..

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Good Luck Lynniea!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Much luck to you today Lynniea.  I hope everything goes well for you!

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Lynniea--It will be over before you know it!! and painless too!! Just make sure you start lubing right after your treatment. Keep your skin soft!! Good luck!!!!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

lynniea - Keeping fingers crossed for an uneventful time with rads.

Annette - Good Morning - I also knew it was just a matter of time before crack and a$$ came up in the same sentence. Just leave it to you to make that happen.  LOL 

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504
    I hope your day goes well lynniea!
  • mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Yeah they fixed the thread!!!!!  Hugs ((Lynniea))

Love the squirel photo.I get my bonescan results on Monday.Undecided

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

mumayan - I won't be on here on Monday and hope you get the all clear.  Keeping fingers crossed.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Welcome Jenn333 I am 49 as well but my kids are grown.  sorry you had to join us but this group of ladies are so much fun and will get serious when the need arises.

Lynnea hope all goes well for your radiation appt

Myuman good luck on the bone scan results.

• elimar
    Lynniea,   Good Luck today with rads. It seems like only two years ago that I was going for my daily treatments (and that's because I was.)   Also drink lots of water (flushes toxins and moisturizes on the inside,) get enough protein (to rebuild muscle and tissue getting zapped,) and try for good sleep (also to repair your healthy cells.)
  • elimar

Good to see you Mumayan.  Unlike you, I just find most of my pictures.

Eph, If I could find a squirrel with half a brain, I would like one for a pet, but the ones in my yard are stoopid.  Just today, one was eating black walnuts on the tree and ventured out too far on the branch and snap! the branch and squirrel fell twenty feet to the ground.  Then it stood up real tall and still for two minutes as if looking for the responsible party.  What a dope!

Back in the day, they were endles fun for my houndog.  That is the only pet I have.  My dog is old, deaf, demented, and basically doesn't give a d*mn about the training she had followed for the first fourteen years.  She has one thing on her bucket list...to get one more chicken bone out of the garbage before she dies.  

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532

ok, friends, i have yet another question.  when did your port stop bothering you?  i've had mine for 3 weeks now and it still pulls and hurts if i reach up or if i don't sleep in exactly the right position.  the nurse wasn't able to draw blood from it this week either.  i'm get a little disgruntled with it, but i'm hoping i'm just expecting too much at three weeks.  anyone have any experience you can share? as usual, thank you!

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

YaYa... Just remember you have a foreign object inside you.

I don't remember exactly when it stopped bothering me but it did.

It's a weird feeling when you are taking a shower or bang your chest area to the wall.

But it's God send.

Like yours they were almost never able to draw blood right before chemo.

Oncologist gave the OK to do it anyway.

Good Luck. I called mine an electrical outlet because after a while needle going in and out it looked like one.

Good Luck try not to put your hand there too much.

(((HUGS)))

• FLwarrior
    FLwarrior Member Posts: 614

YaYa, I found my port to be a nuisance for the most part, but occasionally it hurt.  The things that triggered pain were as you said reaching up and sleeping on that side.  My BS said no repetitive motion, no heavy lifting, no push ups or planks.  I found that pulling with the arm on the port side was also a bad thing. I like to kayak and BS said not with the port in...so I have been missing out, which makes me sad. I am happy to be getting mine out next week same time as UMX. Hope you get used to it and it gets easier to tolerate. 

• eph3_12

YaYa! I didn't notice it painful AFTER it healed, but it was nuisance & I knew it was there until it was taken out.  I didn't sleep on that side, etc.

• mumito

Ladies the ports are worth putting up with. I was not given the option and now my arm veins are all a mess.Lab techs have a terrible time getting blood samples from chemo damaged veins.

• eph3_12

Oh I agree Mum-I can't imagine having to have been stuck each time.  It was worth the bother.

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532
    thank you, eph3, mumayan, FLWarrior, and seyla888!  it's good to know that there isn't something wrong with me!  my incision still isn't completely healed right above the port or where that thing goes into my vein, so i'm probably expecting too much too soon.  i'm grateful to have it, though. i'm just a little over-sensitive to anything going wrong.  i think i'm pretty much a big baby!
  • justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Ya Ya....you are not a baby...you are learning.  This is the best place to come and address your questions.  I have not been here long but have learned a ton so far.  If I have to have chemo I am sure I will be asking a ton of questions.  These ladies are all so smart I think most of them have earned an honorary PhD in breast cancer!! 

• janinnj
    janinnj Member Posts: 63

Lynnie-I just finished 16/33 rad treatments and so far they have been so much easier than chemo.  I t is a little annoying that it is an every day thing and laying on the table alone listening to the machines can be nerve racking but so far I have no SE.  make sure to take good care of your skin.  I apply pure aloe after every treatment and use aquaphor at night and emu oil in the morning. a combination of what the girls on the radiation page were reccomending.  Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Mum will you be in NOTL on Sunday? I'd like to give you a pre-bone-scan-report hug. Know what I mean????

• mumito

I will be there Barbe I am bringing  Dreamwriter(Regina) with me.

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Having a good day here, good news from the RO, still having pain but it's not from something new - we'll get it fixed eventually.  In the meantime, hopefully my platelets go back up and I can start taking ibuprofen for the pain (can't stand how the percs make me feel, they don't really help this pain anyway, and not ready to take something stronger).

Good Luck Lynniea!

Annette, I can't wait until you win the picture - I am expecting a picture of your @$$ you know :) ,  You make me laugh almost every time you post - Thanks!

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

I have a wonderful love/hate relationship with my port. I KNOW it was a blessing when I was going thru chemo, I had weekly taxol and then 4XAC so between all that and the blood draws, it was definitely worth it. I used to donate blood regularly so my non- BC arm is quite scarred up from that. So it all worked out--but I have always hated having the alien being in my chest. I keep hitting it, OWCH, especially when I lift things. And like you YAYA, it hurt from the surgery probably longer than it should. Its been 8 months since chemo ended and I will see what my MO says next week about taking it out. Last visit she said she wanted to wait at least a year after chemo was over before removing it. To say she is cautious, is an understatement!!