MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

E - I'll borrow the tourquois skirt suit.  I always loved the skirts. My swim caps always had a chin strap so they wouldn't fall off diving.  Synchro swimming was my passion in college.  My ballet legs were awesome.

Kitty

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

KG2011, You can borrow my nose clip anytime.       

Are my legs straight on my handstand?

• KittyGirl2011
    I brought some snacks if anyone is hungry now.
  • justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Elimar everything looks absolutely amazing. You have really outdone yourself.  Cabana man has been great, keeping a personal fan on me at all times.  hard to ask for more.  I promise to put a dent in the fruit bar.  I love fresh fruit, especially when someone has done all the prep wprk for me!

Kitty, I picture you looking great in the turquoise suit!  Enjoy.....

• KittyGirl2011

Thanks E - I hate getting water up my nose!  Your legs are straight but do't forget to point your toes.

• elimar

Uh-oh!  Somebody had one too many mimosas and dropped their glass on the patio.  I swept it up, but be careful.  We'll have plenty of dangerous activities this afternoon and you won't want to miss out being over at Urgent Care getting a glass shard extracted.  It is totally my fault...I knew better than to use stemware in the pool area.  Let me set out some more drinks that are shatterproof.  Here are some Singapore Slings and Fruit Punch with Rum in it.  Janis, if you don't like a fruity drink, go in the house and make yourself a Malibu and Coke.  I want that Long Island Iced Tea myself.

We better not drink on an empty stomach.  Anybody getting hungry?   Bring out the party sub!

• KittyGirl2011

YUM!  I'll take the Bahama Mama please.  Maybe we should have a lifeguard on duty? 

• KittyGirl2011

Janis,  I brought the toys, want to play?

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250

I have to agree. I am 45. We had my father in law who has dimentia living with us Dec 5, 2010-Until right before I got diagnosed with breast cancer April 26, 2011. My one teenager graduated May 19th a few weeks before I started chemo, and I have one more teenager at home who is 16.

My husband and I were feeling pretty good, father in law is out and in a care facility, one teenager graduated , one to go, then like you said BAM !! cancer, now to get through a year of treatment. I want to go on a fantastic vacation next summer. This has been one rough year.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Let's forget the "good" snacks - here are Cheetos to go with the sub - Yum -O!

• elimar
    Welcome, zumbagirl!  You have stopped by at a good time.  It is our 2-year celebration of this thread providing info., support and humor for the profoundly middle-aged.  Join in!
  • elimar

We're middle-aged, so I know we all grew up hearing that we have to wait an hour after lunch to go back in the water.  Well, I know you gals like to live dangerously, so I have some games you will remember.  How 'bout the old slip and slide?  Perfectly fine when you were a kid, when diving onto solid ground was no problem.  Now a 50-50 chance to break a hip.  If you had rads, you'll be lucky to get by without a rib fracture.  Let's do it!

Oh, was that too tame for you?   Anyone really feeling reckless?   Oh look, I never got rid of my Jarts after the recall.  (We all know "recalled product" is just another way to say "collector's item," right?)  They are as safe as milk if you follow the directions.  Last year, my neighbor was all gung-ho and headed down to the target area before I was done throwing.  Well, duh!  So, please, don't make that mistake! 

• elimar

Thanks for bringing the Cheetos puffs, jo!  I always have the crunchy ones on hand.

I'm super good at Cheetos Jenga!  Wanna play?

• KittyGirl2011

I love to slip-slide!  E - can I use your nose clip again?  I got water up my nose!

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Lol E. Last year just before father's day my DH broke his leg so our loving DD bought him a slip n slide for Father's Day. THen she gave him a get we'll card at the same time that said sorry for the leg and since you can't use the slip n slide she'd be glad to take it off his hands.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Now this will be the first time I got the new girls in the pool.  I am so ready.  I will stick with the one piece suits or a tankie,  Being prego wasnt so nice to my body and so no bikinis for this chic.  O and since my hair is about 3/16" long I wont need a cap Eli, thanks for thinking of us, lol.  Bring on the buffet of men, yahoo!!!!!!!!  Barbie I agree some chest hair is a goood thing on guys!  Jo the cheetos are a fab poolside treat, Thanks.  Enjoy the party.  Look out here I come, I"m jumping in the pool, big splash!!

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246

i'm being good i got my rash guard shirt on, so bring on the drinks ! and splash!

• elimar

How does the flotation feel on the new "girls," Paula66?  Is it a natural feeling?

Sound like you are challenging us to a Cannonball Contest.........................

I didn't do too bad,wonder if I will win?

• elimar
    Welcome, juliet62!  Glad you could join us today!
  • elimar

Wow!  That was janis!  She is going to be the one to beat.

• juliet62

do you have an md on standby, want to try the slip and slide!  the alcohol should help

• KittyGirl2011
     How's that one?
  • jo1955

Did somebody ask for a doctor?

• elimar

Don't worry, juliet62, all of our lifeguards are trained in emergency medicine, and apparently also certified in body waxing.  (Sorry, Barbe, it seems most of the hunks are hairless.)

• jo1955

Eli!   WOW!  I think I need to see the doctor - LOL!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

There I am in my red!  I have never come first place in my life.  This could be my day to shine!

The food is wonderful....but I am real happy about those drinks.  Elimar, I am with you, I'll take a Long Island Iced Tea.  Emphasis on the long please. 

Thanks to Elimar for getting the glass cleaned up so quickly and avoiding a potential disaster. 

Reesie your DD sounds like a riot.  Love the gift!

Paula enjoy that splash, I know I am.

Kitty....oops about that water up the nose.  I hate it when that happens!  Oh, and thanks so much for including my boyz!  They love the pool.

Zumbagirl....welcome.  You must think we are a bunch of loonies.  Just today!  We are here to help, advise, and offer hugs at all times. 

• juliet62

they'll do!

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

Hi Ladies

Ok i think im loving this thread great pics of food beverage and ummm eye candy! Jo you outdid yourself!!! nice nice nice!

hope all you ladies are having a great weekend!... just finished storming here but we could use the rain so cant complain :)

• elimar

And the winner is.....

Paula!  I knew she was trying to hustle us.  She forgot to mention that she had specially enhanced boob weight installed in her recon., so she could always take home the prize at the "biggest splash" contests.  With all those brothers and sisters, she often got overlooked at family pool parties.  So what better way to get everyone's attention than to soak 'em with a six foot clorinated tsunami?  Here you go Paula, the trophy is all yours!

Janis, you did take second place.  And don't forget, those trophys are the size of 32 oz."Big Gulps" and you get free refills all day long!!!

• elimar

For everyone else who participated...