MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Marlegal Congrats on the 6 years!!  Yahoo for you!

I just came back from a crazy day of shopping.  I went to a resale shop that wanted to get rid of thier summer inventory, so they have a bag sale 2x a year.  You stuff whatever you can in a bag for $3.00.  You can get as many bags as you want.  I stuff 5 bags, now Im set on clothes for awhile.  I love going to this.  I missed the last one because I was down and out, but not this time.  At first I wasnt gonna go, but now Im glad I did.  I'll be sharped dressed now!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Paula - That sounds like so much fun.  I am good at stuffing bags and for so little money.

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Hi All,  Well my cabana boy finally got up and took me out to breakfast, shopping, lunch, and then put me in bed for a nap!  What a guy. 

Foxy- I keep thinking about your DH and really hoping he's the next one to get the job. Sounds like you could sure use an extra bit of positives these days.

Janis - You and I are sure in the same boat.  Let's keep it moving in a good direction and we'll both make it through these hard days of BC and Diabetes. My blood sugar is a little wacky now with this last procedure to put in the catheter.  Stress, nerves, whatever, it's just wacky!

Cleaning was a big thing for me until lately.  I just don't have the energy to do what I want to get done.  Don't want to heap it all on my DH either.  So I putz at it and do just enough to get by for now.  Not going to worry, just want to "float and drift" like a jellyfish till treatment is done.

I think I need a foo-foo drink by now........where's that cabana boy Jo? Kitty

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

You woulda had a blast Jo. I suffed mine to the max too, lol!  Its a really nice shop and they have tons of clothes.  I like it because they sort the sizes and colors.  You dont have to go thru alot of clothes you like just to look at the tag and see its not your size.  Plus the price is right.  I cant even go to a rummage sale and bring home the amout of loot I got today.  And if it doesnt fit right I take it to the Goodwill, so its a win win for all. 

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Paula your shopping sounds like my kinda deal. 

Jo Don't worry I won't go crazy when you come to see me.  With rads and all I can say my house has been pretty deglected.  Just did what I had to do and you know how that fatigue hangs on.  So I figured this gave me a good excuse to get my house back in shape. Of course after I have my kids and grandkids here I will need to clean it again when they leave.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Kitty sounds like a really nice day!  Going out twice, you deserve to be spoiled!  I don't have a meter so no idea where my numbers are.  Probably all over the place like you.  I have to go get bloodwork Monday.  YUCK.  Diabetes and cholesterol!

Paula how fun on the shopping, and sure can't beat those prices!  Glad you were able to get out and find so many new things.

Sherry I have seen previews for that movie and it looks so good!  Please let us know how you liked it.  Sure sounds like a great day for you.

Hope everyone is feeling good this evening.  Thinking of you all!

Janis

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

After reading about all the super-cleaners on this thread, I figured I better get out to the ol' virtual pool and get it nice and clean and ready for tomorrow.  Can you see me there on the left?  I have my toothbrush out and am scrubbing all the tiles individually!!!

We don't have to fry ourselves either since there are some nice shady spots to relax in.   Plus, I'll have some more tables and umbrellas set up too so it's all ready for any early birds that get up earlier than I do tomorrow.  Dive in.  Chill out.  Make yourself at home. See you soon.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Thanks to those who wished me well on the cancerversary :)  We all need to celebrate those milestones with our friends, and all of you are definitely my bestest freinds during this journey, so thank you from the bottom of my heart, truly

Cleaning ... I decided a few years ago that I just wasn't good at it, and really didn't like it, so that's where I put my money, having someone else clean for me. it's soooo freeing... I recommend it totally ladies.

Peace, love and hugs buddies :)

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Thanks to those who wished me well on the cancerversary :)  We all need to celebrate those milestones with our friends, and all of you are definitely my bestest freinds during this journey, so thank you from the bottom of my heart, truly

Cleaning ... I decided a few years ago that I just wasn't good at it, and really didn't like it, so that's where I put my money, having someone else clean for me. it's soooo freeing... I recommend it totally ladies.

Peace, love and hugs buddies :)

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

justmejanis I just got back from the movie and dinner.  the movie was great.  I had read the book about 3 years ago and it was great as well.  I def recommned going to see it.

• justmejanis

Sherry thanks for letting me know about the movie.  I won't be able to go see it but it sure looked good.  I do go to garage sales a lot and will have to look for the book.

Elimar, you poor thing.  Go ahead and ditch that stoopid toothbrush!  I like clean but no germ-a-phobic by far!  Betting the others feels the same.  You need to rest up for the party tomorrow.  We'll help you clean up afterwards.  Pool looks perfect, and with the addition of a few more tables and umbrellas it will be perfect.  Is it a pot luck?  I like to cook, can bring some yummies.  Just make sure there is some Bacardi available!  I don't drinbk often....but tomorrow if it is there, count me in! Laughing

• FLwarrior
    FLwarrior Member Posts: 614

foxlairfrm ~ Your trip to gather goodies out of your brothers garden sounds like a GREAT way to spend the day!  A truck load...what FUN!  What all did you get? Gardening is one of my passions!

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Alfie I did 4 AC treatments every two weeks and 4 treatments of Taxol every two weeks. I did work through it all. First round was on Wed. and second round was on Fridays. By the time the second round came around I needed a break. Missed six days of work. I think I missed a total of 11 days. I worked with an understanding group and FML helped a lot. You know yourself and what your body can take. Pace yourself and you should do fine.

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Sherryc saw The Help last Friday with DH and we both loved. I didnt read the book but heard there were almost on the mark on most of it. Hope every one is having a good time today. Just returned from the band pool party.

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

On my way to work, bit I would like to reserve a lounge chair poolside for later! Meanwhile toasting all with my virtual mimosa!!!

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Flwarrior- I really did fill my crew cab diesel inside and bed with plants. DH is having a stroke! He really hopes the yard guy shows up tomorrow! (he mows pastures and stuff). I probably don't know all the names and surely can't spell them but 6 nandinas, 4 other bushes, some large asters, 4 huge ornamental grasses, 2 hot lip plants (huge and beautiful), can't even count the black eyed susans and other plants that look like them but are taller and more gangly looking, many of these 4' tall plants with pretty purple big flowers at the tops, tiger lillies, cone flowers and more I can't think of! He is a landscaper and his beds are gorgeous! The bushes and grasses are leftovers from a job. Thankfully the bushes are still in pots. I'm going to go rent a hand auger today I think. DH says he thinks he can run it. Lol. When my brother said he was going to thin out some of his beds...I had no idea! I don't have beds prepared for all this! They are sitting in 3 -100 gallon horse watering troughs right now with water. I am sure I will be calling friends today. They surely won't last long in the troughs. He wasn't particularly gentle when digging them up! Want some plants?

Foxy

• Foxlairfrm

Elimar- the pool is perfect. Put the toothbrush down and pick up a nice cool drink. It looks so inviting! I'm ready!

Foxy

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Oooh, Foxy, love purple cone flowers.

I am heading to the pool. Is it cocktail time yet?

• elimar

Yes, janis, you can cook and bring something over if you want to.  We would love it!

cmb, I'm glad you helped yourself to the mimosas I set out before I went back and snoozed for another hour.   There's plenty.  The ones with the orange slice are "virgin," and have a bit of grenadine on the bottom.  You like?

• elimar

I like retro suimsuits.  It was so hard to choose one.  The floral is cute, but I would look washed out.  I need the tummy control on the green one, but I've always looked good in a royal blue suit so I went with that one.

You all look good.  Where ever did you get your suits?

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Eli - Put the toothbrush away and go find a good book.  I found this guy to clean your pool.

• elimar

Tall, dark and helpful.  He's perfect, jo!  I could keep him busy for quite a while!

Seriously, I do need help.  With such a nice pool, everyone is tempted to hop the fence and take an unauthorized dip. 

You would not believe the hairballs that I find clogging the drain sometimes!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I find that when the young guys shave off all their chest hairs they look gay. How about a guy with a BIT more body hair Jo??

• Foxlairfrm

Whooo Hooo! Love the royal blue suit. The pool boy is nice too!

Foxy

• elimar

No one's hardly touched the fruit buffet.  Start the day healthy...it won't be long til we degenerate into the crisp snack category, along with our fave sweet treats.

• justmejanis

Elimar love the bathing suit choices!  I am a red gal all the way, so picking that nice red one.  The blue is fabulous though......I can see why you love it.  The mimosas are perfect!  Excellent choice!  I'll be bringing some homemade snacks later.

Jo, the pool boy is cute, but a tad too young for me.  Aren't there any mature pool boys?  He does look tall though, so this is a plus. 

Imagine those critters in the pool making a mess.  I have two Golden Retrievers....I would love to bring them, but we would have a very difficult time keeping my boyz out of that water!   They just can't help it being Golden's and all......

• elimar

I forgot to mention that I collect vintage swim caps.  Particularly beautiful ones.  You can borrow any one you want if you need to protect your color treated hair, or if you want to go down memory lane and feel like you are in 10th Grade P.E. again.

• elimar

Speaking on 10th Grade P.E., I'm glad some of you took synchronized swim like I did.  It's just like riding a bike, you never forget.  I can't believe how effortlessly we got into this formation.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

elimar, that was a CHEESE bar!!!! I've already eaten my strawberries for the day.

Gee, do you remember how those swim caps smelt????? You have some pretty ones there. I'm loving them! They only gave me a headache though, my hair still got wet!

• elimar

Strictly fruit on that buffet...cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple, plus grapes and strawberries.

janis, The older pool boys are hard to find.  Someone always comes along and marries them, and then pfffffftt! they aren't allowed to be "pool boys" anymore.  Here's one still swimming in the availability pool.  I'll send him over with some refreshments.