MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Second?  I came in second?  Wow, now I am impressed.  I agree Paula would be hard to beat with those super new boobies.  I am just thrilled I actually placed......

As long as those refills include Bacardi mixed with something, I am a happy camper.  Um, I meant swimmer!

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324
    Congrats Paula and Janis!  Here's a toast to you.
  • justmejanis

Thanks Kitty!  We are all winners here today.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

I don't know if it's just me, but after that umbrella drink, everybody just seemed to get even more coordinated!

• dontworrybehappy
    dontworrybehappy Member Posts: 7

ok im getting a little tipsy, and i can feel my shoulders getting a little sunburn......true story, this woman i workedwith said that her friend went to a high end manny pedi spa for a 1 hour massage. the vietnamese male owner of the spa was giving her the massage. she said he was massaging her inner thighs and had this look on his face. no words were spoken between the two andthe next thing she knows she is receiving a "happy ending". sounds like an episode of sex and the city. true story, my divorced best friend is begging me to tell her where this place is. did i forget to mention thatthe guy knew exactly what he was doing. hell of a massage.

• ashleere
    ashleere Member Posts: 1

Hi, I am 51 and was just barely getting over loosing my sister to lung cancer(april 2011) when I found out in July I had DCIS. We have a strong family history, Grandmother,Mother, Aunts, and two sisters so for me it really wasn't a question of "if" it was more like "when". Well "when" is now. As I tell myseld this is just another blip on my radar, this too shall pass!  My question is the radiation, some people tell me I will get very tired. I work full time and do want to work while in treatment, so is there anything that helped with the energy level? 

• elimar
    ashleere, welcome!  Strangely enough, when I began this thread two years ago, that was the thing I was wondering.  Well, I did get fatigued by about the 3rd or 4th week.  I think it really depends on how sleep/energy deprived you are beforehand, when you start out I mean.  I wasn't 100% to begin with, so after a couple weeks I felt tired.  Many women work thru all 6+ weeks of their rads.  I think rads is a little more workable than chemo is, but I did not do chemo so that is just from what I read/heard about others.  Luckily, you did not have to do both so that is in your favor.  Maybe you can get rads at the end of the day, then go home from there and rest if needed.  Also, make sure you get enough protein during treatment, for energy and tissue rebuilding.
  • elimar

While I grill up some food real quick, KG2011 wants to show you some diving techniques,,,

Do this:   

Not this:  

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Welcome Ashleere. I can't help you with the rads issue - I haven't had those rads (yet). I'm sure one of these other wonderful helpful ladies can answer your questions. I'm the meantime grab drink SMS join in the fun.

• elimar

It's not gourmet cuisine, but these burgers and hot dogs will hit the spot.  Did anyone bring a side dish?  (The best part is we don't even have to shoo away flies.)

• KittyGirl2011

I think I could use a massage about now...but not quite the kind that your friend had dontworrybehappy!  You know......the kind that makes your neck, shoulders and spine melt. 

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

I brought potato salad.

• KittyGirl2011

Oh yeah the side dish.  How's this one?

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Welcome Ashleere - This group is out of control this weekend - just having some fun.  In answer to your question about rads and fatigue - I did 6 weeks of rads and worked every day.  I had my treatments scheduled for late in the day so I could go straight home afterwards.  I started to feel the fatigue after 2 1/2 week and would sometimes go to bed as early as 7:00.  I would literally do nothing on the weekends and felt like I was recharged for the new week but by the end of the week - well that was a different story.  It can be done - but remember each person is different and when your  body tells you to rest - do it.  You will thank yourself later.

• KittyGirl2011

Welcome Ashleere but sorry you need to be on this BC boat.  We're having a pool party and you should grab a drink and lounge by the pool and enjoy!  Kitty

• justmejanis

Hey, I do not want to rain on any parade.  Just want to thank Elimar for this festive respite.  I am having a bad day, not BC related.  This has been a great escape for me.  I laughed and giggled and so enjoyed the ride.  Thanks ladies.  I really love this group!  Huge hugs...and of course, pass those drinks freely!  I needed you all and appreciate the party!

• elimar
    The side dishes look good.  jo, Love paprika on my potato salad,  Did you use mayonaisse or Miracle Whip? 
  • justmejanis

Jo your potato salad looks wonderful.  Everyone worked so hard!  I can bring dessert later.  Cheesecake anyone?  Double fudge brownies?  Banana split cake?  I can bring all three!

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Ashleere-welcome to the group that no one wants to be a part of. I had 33 rads TX but it was after chemo and  a BMX so I was particularly exhausted. But I did work through it--and I work retail mgmt, 40 hrs on my feet. You can funtion, you just move a little slower!! Today may be a little crazy here but tomorrow we will be back to our normal sorta crazy selves!! May I suggest tho-- find the August Rads thread, even earlier months and you might get some insights on how the rads process.

I am really sad that I have missed the party, darn work!!! Is there space at the bar? That mimosa I had this morning seems like a distant memory. . . . 

• cmbear

george_clooney.jpg

Can I bring a friend???  

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Welcome Ashleere.  I didnt have rads sorry I cant help you, but there are several girls here who can.  Good Luck  With your family history did a doctor recommend BRCA testing.  I have a strong family history and Im glad I had it done.  For what its worth it can help in some decision making. 

Thanks ladies for the trophy.  I feel so honored to have won and the girls did come in handy after all, lol.  My hubby thinks we're all nuts but thats ok.  I'll take you lovely nuts anyday, lol.

Eli there is only one in my book, Miracle Whip, yummy!  

Party on janis, thats what we're here for!  I hope things get better.

• elimar

janis, I don't know if the drinking and non-stop playing of Marco Polo is going to be enough to get you through the day.  We need to call in the big guns...yeah, that's right, I mean chocolate.  It's time for dessert.  Put yours out too.  Who was it who said, "Desserts can never be too rich, too chocolately or too sweet?"  (That's right, it was Nicolae Paulescu(*) in 1922, right after he discovered insulin.)

Try this warm brownie with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge sauce.  Tastes like lava cake!

(*)  I'm never too trashed to slip in a fun fact.  This thread isn't all fictitious, you know!

• cmbear

CAN I BRING A FRIEND????? 

• cmbear

May I offer anyone my famous margaritas--no salt of course!! And don't forget the umbrella!!! 

• elimar

cmb, Only if you want to "chicken fight" every other woman at the pool party for him.

• KittyGirl2011

Janis, Have another drink, jump in the pool, enjoy the lifeguard that Jo hired and I can't wait to have some of that dessert you were bringing!

• cmbear

Bring on the chicken fight!! But I asked to bring a friend, I told him he was overdressed!! Is there a changing cabana I can take him to??

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Hers somemore dessert.

• cmbear

Did someone need rescuing? Mouth to Mouth?? Barbe tried to find you the unwaxed variety!!! 

• justmejanis

You ladies have me lauighing!  I love ALL the desserts I have seen offered here.  Not to mention some pretty fine company.  This party just gets better and better.

Elimar...oh yeah, chocolate does solve so many problems.  Or at least makes you not care for a little while.  I am diabetic, but that hasn't stopped me yet.  Chocolate should never be left out of any diet.

Cmblastic you din't miss the party, we are still going strong.  I love both the margarita and the company you invited.  Great taste!

Paula, another great dessert choice.  I don't think I will lose any weight by Thursday when I have to go to my doctor and they will weigh me. 

Alshleere I am sorry you had to join us but this is the best group EVER.  You will find so much support and great advice here.  Plus you see we have fun too.  I start radiation in a couple of days.  I have not heard about too many side effects, but there are other much more experienced people here who can advise you.  In the meantime...try to enjoy the festivities this evening!