MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Hope the the East Coast Gals are safe.  Lived ont he coast for years and had to evacuate a few times.  Always got lucky with no direct hits but scary all the same.

Reese-so sorry to hear bout your friend.  I hate crappy times. 

From what I understand I don't think testosterone levels are checked much in women.  some of the SE are also SE of other things that they Dr's end up checking.  I just happend to ask her to check it because I was curious otherwise she would not have checked it. 

Having a great time with my kids.  The youngest and his family are on their way and will be here later this afternoon. 

• chrisct
    chrisct Member Posts: 310

Good thing you had your Dr. check the testosterone level, Sherry.  I hope they can straighten all that out for you.  I swear my problems are due to my hormones being out of whack.  I've read that oftentimes we have problems because our hormones are out of balance relative to each other even if they are all within normal ranges.  If doctors only check to make sure they are in the normal range, they end up not diagnosing the problem. 

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    Okay Miss Kitty - WHERE ARE YOU???  Am waiting to here how the last day of mammosite rads went and the catheter removal.  I am a real whimp too so good thing I went with you but could not hear anything.  With all the girls that came along, I couldn't poke my head out to hear anything.  LOL!!
  • justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Kitty....did you feel my napping in your pocket?  I was there, but knew you would be okay so took a short snooze.  I heard no screeching, so personally I slept through your procedure! 

Elimar.....I kind of figure as the rads go on I will have more of that tightening feeling you are talking about.  So far I feel really good.  Too bad rads won't take my old lady boobies and make 'em perky again.  Oh, to be young and uplifted!

chrisct....sorry to hear you are still feeling run down.  My hope for you is really good results...or something that will provide an answer.  Hopefully there are no heart problems for you as well.  Just feel better soon!

Sherry, I am thrilled to hear you are spending quality time with your family.  Just have a great weekend!

I think collectively this group could scare the crap out of Irene!!!!

Again thinking of all you on the east and wishing you safety from the storm.  Hugs!

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

You got it Janis. Just like my avitar -

Hurricane Irene - It came. We saw. WE KICKED HER ASS. 

If only...Wink

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

Kitty.. thanks for making roo in your pocket for my wings it was a comfy ride with great roomates.. thinking of you and hope your doing well!!

question ladies and sorry if this has been answered before i cant retain info but will write it down this time :0  I just bought Biotin and B12, can anyone tell me what a good standard dose would be?

Thanks

Yes thats right does Irene know we Fight Like no ther Girls she has ever run into!!!!!!!

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to all of you in my pockets I made it through the last rad and removal of the catheter!  I didn't even feel it come out!  You guys are real good!  Here's to you all and may your pains disappear too.  I think I made enough for everyone!  Kitty

• jo1955

Kitty - CONGRATS ON FINISHING RADS!  I think I will try and make my way out of your pocket now and enjoy the refreshments you so graciously provided.  So glad we could be there with you.

Are you going to be taking Tamoxifen now?  If so, do join us on the Bottle O' Tamoxifen thread.  We really have a good time there plus the information you will get is great.

• justmejanis

I knew it Kitty!  Didn't I?  Told you I was kinda bored with all that quiet (noisemakers were in the other pocket)  and caught a teeny nap!  Way to go woman!  Congrats on having all that behind you now.  I knew you were a tad nervous.  Thanks for that pretty pitcher of Sangria.  Will go well with my homemade pasta sauce tonight.

Tinker, I take Super Potency Biotin, 5 mg. once a day.  I have no idea about the B vitamins as I don't take these.  The Biotin has really helped my fingernails. 

Jo you were like me, impatient to hear Kitty's good news.  How was the pocket party? 

• Kitty

So happy that everything went well for you!  CONGRATS! on completing rad!  Continued healing and drink up

Elimar - don't you think a hurricane party is in order for the weekend.  The East Coast girls are battening down the hatches and we need something to occupy the time!  How about we start with this

• jo1955
    Janis - I think the pocket party went very well.  At least with this party, I did not get run over when it was time to leave.  Cool
  • elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Hooray, KG2011, you're all finished!  Doing a cartwheel for ya'!

• Hauntie
    Kitty - Congrads on finishing your rads!!!Laughing
  • KittyGirl2011

The doc said no to Tamoxifen because it doesn't mix well with my antidepressant.  Arimidex is what he has given me.  From what I've read the SE's are about the same as Tamox.  Not looking forward to the hot flashes and night sweats AGAIN.  Tongue out  When I left the clinic they gave me my catheter as a souvenir!  I could hardly believe how much water the balloon held (60ml)!  We could have a water balloon fight with it.  HAHA

• tinkertude

Kitty so gld to hear all went well yah!!!! its happy dance time!!!! and those drink will surely help :)

Janis thanks the ones i got are 1mg so i guess I can take a few a day. I am hoping it will halp with my hair as the Tamoxifen seems to thining it out

did you say water baloon fight?????? im in! lol

• KittyGirl2011

Okay I'm ready! 

• tinkertude
         ITS ON!!!! HAHA
  • KittyGirl2011
  • tinkertude
    back atcha!!!!
  • KittyGirl2011

OOHHH that was cold!

• tinkertude
       A towel to help you dry off???? :)
  • KittyGirl2011

Thanks, I will.  AAHH now I feel better.  Thanks for the fun Tink!  Kitty

• justmejanis

Okay ladies you are having way, way too much fun without me!  So count me in.  I have no clue where you come up with all these pictures.  You are too funny!  I would have no clue how to get them, but I am not very computer savvy.  I'll just play along anyway!

Hey Kitty....I will be going on Arimidex as well, but not until after rads.  We are practically twins!  Night sweats, hot flashes?  AGAIN??????? 

• Hauntie

I did both tamoixfen and femara. Both were several years ago, but I do remember the night sweats. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your point of view), I sleep alone in a queen size bed. Night sweats meant putting on a dry t shirt (sometimes dry panties, too), rolling over to the dry side of the bed, and falling back asleep. Those of you with no dry side of the bed, have my sympathy. I think I'd just throw a sheet on the couch, so I'd have a dry place to sleep. You can alternate between the two.

• KittyGirl2011

Janis - to find a pic, just go to google or bing and type in the words of whatever you are searching for.  When they come up, click on images and a bunch of pics will come up.  Find one you want and right click on it, copy it and then take it to where you want to place it.  Left click on the spot you want it and then right click.  The window will come up and you can left click on paste.  It should then come up in the place you want it.  Just like this!

Me after Tink gave me her towel!  Fun!  Kitty

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    HEY!!!!!!!! The water in the balloons can't be FROZEN.....right????? That friggin' HURT! Yell e - was that you???
  • tinkertude

Barbe1958  it CAN be frozen depending on WHO the target is!!! lol  there are a few frozen shots i would like to take :)

Kitty love that Kitty pics! glad the towel help you  dry off looks like you need this now :)

• justmejanis

Oh my, I know how to copy and paste!  Overthinking this one way too much.  Thanks Kitty!!!

• tinkertude

Yah Janis!!!!!!!!!!  uh oh! better get more towels haha

• KittyGirl2011

Thanks Tink,  do I look better now? 

Oh No, I think we're in for more water balloons!