MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Paula, I would call just to make sure everything is ok. It takes a very long time to feel better. Gosh, I feel like it took over a year or so to get my multi tasking skills back. Fatigue was a problem for quite some time too. All of a sudden one day you are like "gee I feel pretty normal". Hope you feel better!

Foxy

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Thanks girls.  I went ahead and called the onc.  The nurse is going to talk with her and see what I need to do.  Foxy thats the way I feel.  I have so much energy then all of a sudden I am wiped out.  I just dont get it.  Thanks.

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

Foxy so glad your fever broke! keep feeling better :)

Jo Hoping Becky finds something out soon! still praying hugs!

Have a good day ladies...

Maria

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

I second what Fovy said...I didn't even have chemo but it seemed like I was into my second year before I felt back to my old (middle-aged, I mean)  self.  Then again, during the first year I was a caregiver for my mom.  That took its toll too.  It really can take a long time to get back to "normal" expecially if you have other thing draining you on top of the B/C, which is bad enough by itself.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Jo, are you waiting for Becky to call YOU? Remember what it was like feeling so alone and not wanting to 'bother' anyone with your anxiety? Maybe you should call Becky just to touch base and let her know you are anxious for her too.

• tinkertude

Paula I didnt have Chemo but I also get like that all of a sudden i just cant do another thing. I think the Tamoxfen in my case does that and yes I get pains in the oddest places with Tam, feel, wrists and sometimes real sharp pains in the top part of my legs!

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

Foxy...I'm so glad your fever broke. I hope you continue to feel better. =)

Paula...I hope the doctor can find some answers for you and that you start to feel better soon too.Saying a prayer for you...

Jo..I hope Becky gets news soon...hopefully, good news. Saying a prayer for that.

I finished up radiation today!!! Happy day for me!!!Smile

• tinkertude

Congrats Barb!!!!!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Foxy glad your fever broke

Eli and Foxy thanks for your comment regarding the rads tan.  Of course my RO told me it would fade like a sun tan.  Well I am very fair skinned and I do not keep a sun tan, it fades really fast.  So 7 months later it is still there I knew he wasn't being straight with me.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Congratulations Barb, that is wonderful!  I go today for #2.....leaving soon.  Then I will be down to 31! 

Jo sorry you haven't heard from Becky......can you call her?  Hugs to you both. Lots of 'em......

• Sherryc

Jo still thinking about your friend Becky

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Morning All,  I sure missed a lot from last evening!  Went to bed at 7:30pm and just passed out.  Glad to hear everyone is okay from the quake.  Paula - really hoping you can get some answers and start to feel better.  Jo - thinking of you and your friend.  I'd just give her a call too.  Barb - doesn't it feel good!  Foxy - really glad your better, take care.  Tink - thanks for the pics, luv those cats!  Sending my older son to college each year was hard but what really was hard was saying goodbye when he went to Iraq.  His first tour was 14 months and I was a wreck!  He came home safe having survived a close call.  He was home for a year and then sent back for another 14 months.  All I can say is thank goodness for Cymbalta!  He's home now but still suffers from PTS.  He lives in TX.  My other son leaves close so I do get to see him lots.  Miss them being home, but know they are okay.  If I forgot to mention anyone else, please forgive me but know I am thinking of all my sisters here. 

Half way done with mammosite rads!  Janis - glad to hear your doing well with it.  Kitty

• justmejanis

Kitty I was wondering about you so happy to read your post and know you are okay.  The way I see it, if you are exhausted then just go to bed...who cares what the clock says!   You will feel so much better and refreshed the next day.

I have to leave in 15 minutes for my second radiation treatment.  Don't have too much fun without me while I am gone!  Seriously...I hope everyone feels good, and each day gets better for all of you.  Big hugs........

• elimar

Barb58, This happy dance is for you...Congrats on finishing rads!!!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Barb - Congrats on finishing rads.

Janis - You are going to do good with rads.

I saw Becky this morning and she still has not heard from her doctor.  She is going to keep trying today.   

• elimar

And while I'm at it...Happy 6 Year Cancerversary to Marlegal!!!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

It's mid week girls-my favorite work day since it means I am 1/2 way done.  When this week is over I get to start on all those days off I confused everyone about a month or so ago (I know---I'M surprised I remembered that I posted about it-y'all probably don't even remember) BUT when Friday's done I am off work until SEPTEMBER 8! I haven't had that much time off all at once since I can't remember without it involving illness or surgery!!  And then continuing in Sept I will have the 16th, 19th, 23rd & 26th off as well! YAHOO! Currently I have no plans other than a possible beach visit at some point!  I just know I'm sleeping as much as possible! 

• justmejanis

Eph you enjoy that time off!  Good for you.  I hope you can find something fun to do, and gets lots and lots of quality rest!

Yesterday when I went for my first rads, the tech explained to me that I had to have x-rays first and so the first visit only would take a little extra time.  After that it will go faster.  She said if I had any questions for the onc, to ask her and she will get answers. So today I went in, and she said my onc had ordered more x-rays.  Took lots, another long visit but I wasn't concened until I started to leave.  She said when I come in tomorrow for my rads, not to leave afterward as my onc wants to see me.  Huh?  She told me she had no idea why.  Okay fine.....has this happened to anyone else?  I am not really worried, it is just that when anything remotely "different" happens in this routine, I see teeny red flags!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Hmm Janis...don't you HATE that!?!? Of course, we go right to the dark side and assume they've seen more cancer, when she could just be letting you know you're coming into some arthritis or something!! Good luck tomorrow!

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Janis - good vibs to you.  I always had a weekly visit with my RO maybe it is just a followup after the xrays. 

Glad the east coasters are ok, very scary.  I did have to laugh this morning when they showed a weather girl from the DC area during her broadcast. In the middle of it she asked "Why is everything moving?"  What an experience.

Appointment with Nurse Debbie yesterday on my LDex numbers, still normal.

It is always a good thing to get over treatments.

Have Friday off. Going to Women of Faith conference in Dallas, it is all day Friday and Saturday so hopefully I will catchup with everyone Sunday.

• tinkertude

Janis.. sending good positive thoughts your way!!! hugs! let us know how it goes

• jo1955

Janis - Don't you just hate that - I had x-rays and saw my RO once a week.  The weekly xrays were to make sure I was still getting lined up right.  My weekly RO visits were a joke but that seems to be the standard.

Eph - Enjoy your time off and hope you get to sleep late and do lots of fun things.

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Janis - I'm sending you a pile of wishing rocks.  Pick one out, make your wish for a smooth meeting with the ONC and then toss it into the lake.  These are special because they only bring good and positive things.  While your at it toss one in for me too.  Anybody else need one?  Pick one up!  You might also want to go over to the bonfire and toss in the tech that left you wondering about the meeting.  That is just so cruel!    Eph - have a great time with your days off, AND get your rest.  MJB - enjoy your time with friends at the conference! 

Had 6 TX's now and only 4 to go!  I'm a little scared for the last one cause they will then take the catheter out.  OUCH!  I think a little Vicodine will pass my lips before I get there.  Day 3 went well, not so tired today.  Hope everyone else is having a good week.  The week is now all an easy downhill ride from here.  ((Hugs)) Kitty

• justmejanis

Thank you everyone for easing my mind!  I feel lots better and no longer even concerned.  I think it makes perfect sense.  You all knew that, but then I knew you would.  It would have been nice if the techs had mentioned this was all routine!

Kitty, thanks for the rocks, that helped a lot too and I did the toss.  Threw one in for you.  We should be good to go now.  Glad you only have four treatments left.  Also good to hear you weren't as tired today.

I hope everyone has a great evening.  Be good to yourselves!

• jo1955

Kitty - My BS & RO talked me into doing Mammosite rads - unfortunately for me, the catheter would not fit in the lump cavity.  When my BS had to remove it - it wasn't bad.  I had it in for almost 2 weeks.  As long as they get ALL the saline and air out, it will easily slide out.  I am such a chicken, I had my BS numb me up before he took it out.  So glad to hear Mammosite is working for you.

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Thanks for the rocks Kitty I think I could use one. Set up for surgery on my leg for Sept 6. Now I hAve to find someone else to handle Chrissy's get together unless everyone can do the 5th Instead.

• Sherryc

mjbmiller I love the Women of Faith conferences.  It has been a few years since I have been but they are always so uplifting.  I know you can use it after all that you have been through.  God's timing is always perfect.

My kids start arriving tomorrow so I will be busy until about Tuesday.  Spent over $300 on groceries but worth every penny to get to spend time with my kids and their families.

• Ladies

This thread moves so fast for me so apologies in advance if I missed something

Sherry so sorry over the loss of your son I am not sure how one goes on after that. I lost a daughter at birth which was traumatic so I can kind of relate but then again . . . . I am so happy that your family is coming in this weekend. Enjoy

Kitty and Janis. Continued good wishes on the rad treatments. Praying all goes well

Barb. Yeah! Congrats another chapter closed on this journey

Foxy. I hope Irene does not bring too much damage to the area. We are getting reports even up in the Philadelphia area to get prepared. These natural disasters need to take a break

Marlegal

happy anniversary
    Jo still praying for Becky keep us posted
    Eph. Enjoy the time off what a nice break to really clear the mind and body.
  • tinkertude

Sherry have a wonderful time with your family! so glad everyone will be together !!!!!

• Sherryc

So I got my hormone levels back and my testosterone is almost nothing it is .02.  I don't think I have every heard of this and trying to decide what to do about it but it explains alot over the last couple of years.  Hot flashes when estrogen levels were normal not at all close to menopause.  Loss of body hair, hardley have any hair left on my arms.  Have also notice loss of head hair and eyebrows.  The biggest concern seems to be increased risk of osteoporosis but my MO just put me on Fosomax anyway so I guess I am ahead of the game there.  Cause could be ovaries or adrenal glands not working properly, so I guess I am going to try to find a endocrinologist that knows alot about hormones and see what he has to say about it.  Gyno wants me to go to a Dr. that specialized in bio identical hormones for the treatment of testosterone only.  I called my MO today but it was late so I should hear back from him tomorrow.  Has anyone every heard of this?  I know it exist because I was able to find out info on the internet, just never heard of it before.