Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Kitty thanks for the support.  You know I love cats and the soft fur will be very reassuring.  Thanks! 

It is wonderful you did your homework and had a supportive team.  That makes such a difference.  I was just assigned my MO and RO and doubt they communicate with my PCP.  Yesterday my PCP did ask me what the RO advised me about my ultrasound results.  I told him that he just told me there was no further action required.  I saw that sneaky (but definitley) sneering smile come across his face.  LOL.  My PCP told me he would not be comfortable letting it go without the needle biopsy.  That was good enough for me.

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Everyone needs one doc they trust and can run things by.  I am glad you have one Janis.  Is there room for a dog lover in your pockets?  Would love to support you with your fellow cat lovers.  Will leave my dog at home though.  LOL

• janinnj
    janinnj Member Posts: 63

Janis- The only thing my RO seemed concerned about was the condition of my skin and possible LE.  Anything else I would definitly take to anothern Dr. Hoping for B9 results

• justmejanis

Kay, I have two Golden Retrievers so I am both a dog and a cat lover with my zoo.  I have three cats too.  My Golden's are so loving, but we'll keep my boyz at home just in case.  Plenty of room for you in the apron pocket.  What kind of dog (s) do you have?

janinnj....I agree, will let the RO look at my skin and leave it at that since I am not currently having any major issues.  I trust my PCP a lot more.

Still waiting on all the scheduling, haven't heard today so probably will be Monday before I know when all the fun stuff starts.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

janis,  A good friend of my DD's arrived in Nampa just a couple weeks ago to attend NNU.  She's loving it...wants DD to come visit the campus.  If we go, I'll look you up. 

• justmejanis

Eph that would be awesome!  I would be overjoyed to meet you!  I would love to cook for you and if you need a place to stay, we have a guest bedroom.   You would be more than welcome to stay.  Of course you might have a dog in your room.....Sampson loves company! :)

• Kay_G

Thanks, I'm in for the testing.  Will bring some snacks for the duration.

I have an almost 7 year old, 25 lb. Bichon named Buddy.  I love him, but I am a Golden Retriever lover.  They are really great dogs.

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

Ill be there too JANIS!!.. we got you! hugs!

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

500 Pages. Party time. Hi everybody.

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998
        LOVE A GOOD PATRY... DRINKS ANYONE????
  • KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Oh yeah, I need a drink right now.  Ended up putting in a 10 hour day due to no shows!  Boy am I pooped and the drink will help numb the headache!  Snacks?

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

I'm in too Janis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sheila888

For the Cheese LoversTongue out

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Heres the wine to go with that cheese.

• sheila888
  • sheila888

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121

This thread throws the best parties!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Yes, we are on the 500th page.  Due to hit 15,000 posts soon too, except now it has gotten confusing because I have one number of all posts and one number that doesn't include deleted double posts.  They are both pretty impresive milestones. 

Oh, is everyone having a late night snack?  What a coincidence...I am on my 500th bag of Cheetos since my Dx, and I am happy to share.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Well, I'm home from the civil war football game between the 2 local high school's.  My daughter's school got trounced 56-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It was very painful!

Yay for late night snacking-the shrimp looks delicious!

• Kay_G

Oh, those all look so good, I think I'll have them for breakfast.

I am fascinated with the cheetos addiction.  Of all snack foods to be addicted to Cheetos?  They're okay, but there are just a lof of other snacks I'd choose before them.  I think the worst thing about them is the way they make your fingers orange.  Definitely like chips though, can't eat just one once I start.

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Since I missed the party last night. . .

Something for our early risers. . . 

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

And of course it wouldn't be a 500th party without a morning mimosa!! 

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Wow!  Went to bed early and missed the party.  The food looks wonderful.  What a milestone - 500 pages.  Does that mean we talk alot, party alot or a combination of the two????  Whatever - you ladies are fanatastic and a big thanks to Elimar for starting this thread.

Claire, Thanks for the breakfast. 

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

I missed it to Jo!  This is what happens when I deceide to clean on a friday night.  UGH!!!  It looks like a good time was had by all!

Well I finally brought myself to clean my daughters room and move stuff over.  I am still teary eyed as I do it.  I miss her so.  Her bro is having a hard time as well.  They are like two peas in a pod and his heart is breaking so for her.  That is also one of the reasons I have a hard time with her moving.  I can be a big girl and handle it, (sometimes not so well) but to see him and his broken heart just sends me over the edge.  They fought like cats and dogs, but they love each other just as hard!  Ok enoughnow Im gettting teary eyed again.

Reesie I hope all is going well for you.  Keeping you in my prayers!

Janis I will be there with bells on and I will bring a few goodies as well.  

• jo1955

Paula - I can't imagine what you are feeling right now - DH and I are childless - I know a hug is in order right now.  ((((HUG))))

• justmejanis

Paula....this is clearly a very emotional event.  I am sorry it is so hard.  I had sons, but it was still hard when they went away.  Both went out of state to college and once they left, they never returned.  They were adults and on their own.  Hold her close to your heart Paula...she is always there.  HUGS!

I missed the party too.  I was TIRED but had a busy day so that is good.  The food looked fantastic! 

CM breakfast looks equally wonderful and of course the Mimosa's are a great addition.  Haven't had one in years, time to indulge!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

We are still on the 500th page, so we can still be as festive as we want to be.  Plus, by one reckoning, we have hit 15,000 posts (by another we have ten more posts to go...whatever.)  Thanks, jo!  Yes we do like to get our gab on on this thread, and I thank all the women for the sharing, the support and the laughs we have on here.  

It might be a little early to start munching on these, which is good because the signage can last a little while then.  If I actually took this picture, I would have had to have hid the M&Ms, so they made it through the night.  The other day I was telling my kids how they used to have light brown M&M.  My kids had no memory of them.  I'm not sure when they went away either.  But I know this group remembers them.

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

congrats on the 500!!

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

I missed last night's party, too. I was back in bed, after waking from a 3 hour nap a couple of hours earlier. I started back to work this week - just 4 hours a day. I came home exhausted every day and crawled into bed for a nap. I haven't even started working with the kids on my caseload (occupational therapy) yet. All I was doing was paperwork and scheduling. I'm going back full time next week. I don't know where I'm going to find the energy. I would love to spend the day today just vegging in my recliner, but have to run errands, grocery shop then dinner with my 92 yo dad. If I can get myself out of the house soon, I'll have time for a nap before dinner. I just have to motivate myself to get in the shower and get my day started. When I had my MX, almost 17 years ago - at this point in my recovery - I  was working full time and had started chemo. I guess recovery time really increases the older you get.

• jo1955

Who is supposed to do the mystery pic for this week?  I've lost track who won it last week.