Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Morning everyone ( or is it afternoon?!),  Missed the breakfast Claire but thanks for the drinks!  After working 10 hours yesterday went to bed after the 500 party and zonked out for 12 hours!  Talk about tired, holy cow I haven't slept that long since my surgery.  Well its a good thing for my healing still and I guess I shouldn't beat myself up. 

Hauntie- you'll find the energy somewhere just like we all do when it comes to working and especially helping others with their pains.  Your a caring person and you will do well.

(((HUGS))) to everyone this morning.  Kitty

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

I think yaya is supposed to post the mystery picture

• nancygv55
    nancygv55 Member Posts: 17

Wow, this sure is a fun and lively group!  I'm in the age range so would love to join you all.  I'm also trying to watch my weight so not sure I can stay strong looking at all the delicious food but I'll try.  I had my lumpectomy on 8/25 and hope to start radiation next week but it all depends on my Oncotype score which I'll learn on Tuesday.  It looks like this group will support and encourage anyone on any treatment path so I'll keep you posted.  Can't wait to find out what a mystery picture is!

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

Welcome Nancy!!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Greetings, nancygv55!  Your Dx is almost identical to mine, but I got bumped up into Grade 2 after the final surgery pathology.  Hoping you get a low Onco score but I will tell you that a lot of times the number falls into the grey zone between low and intermediate and then it falls back on you to decide what to do anyway.  I had a score of 18, which the doc said would lower my risk another 2-3%.  I passed on having the chemo.  Is your rads left or right side?  You are right that on this thread we are a big mix of experiences, with plenty that did rads.  There's always support for any stage or treatment here.

Weekend Mystery Pic is something that started over the summer.  I hope Yaya5 didn't forget it is her turn to post one today.   It has to be a perplexing pic of something, and we have to guess what it is.  Then the winner posts the next one.  Since the weekends are not surgery days or active treatment days, we just do it to be playful and have fun.  But if anyone has a weekend crisis, we are here too...24/7 for info. or support, trying our best to help each other.

• elimar

And this makes 15,000 posts even by the more conservative of the counts.

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Welcome Nancy!! You're in a good place, we promise to take care of you! And don't worry about gaining weight here,it's all virtual--so feast to your heart's content.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045

Congrats on the 15,000 posts!!  Since I'm usually a "lurker" I have probably only contributed 5 or 6 on this whole thread!!  BUT  this thread usually can put a smile on my face no matter how I am feeling!  Thanks E, for a great thread!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Welcome Nancy and I love all the food maybe it will help me gain the weight I need to gain.

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

Nancy... welcome... agreat group of ladies here. Please so keep us posted on your treatment. We are here for you. hugs!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Welcome Nancy - This is a fun bunch of ladies.  Pllease keep us posted on your treatment.  We have all been through it and are willing to help you through it also.  Even if we are in the midst of a paty and you need to vent, cry or whatever by all means just jump in and we will stop to help you.

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532

ok ... i didn't forget!!!  hold on and i'll post the pic.  (trying to figure out how to do it.)  ha!

• YaYa5

here's the mystery pic.  sorry it's taken me all day!  good luck. 

Photobucket

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Yaya that is a good one what the heck is it.  Oh well I think it is a bubble of oil.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

orange juice thru a straw

• elimar

Is it my artery, clogged with Cheetos cholesterol?

• YaYa5
    elimar .... how did you know???  NOPE, but LOL!
  • elimar

Whew!  That's a relief. 

• glizzie60
    glizzie60 Member Posts: 1

Hi,

Your story is sad and my family did a similar thing when my parents passed, leaving my brother with mostly everything because of the fact that he took care of my parents. Now none of them bother much with him with the exception of me he his alone pretty much. I have stood by him and now I have been faced with this placed in my lap and I worry about him now because I am the only one that really coommunicates with him and now this is a worry for him. I have a daughter who is an only child who I worry about now 24/7 because she would be alone if anything ever happened to me. I am in Chemo and hopefully all will go well with it and then on to Radiation when I am done with  that. I noticed that you said you took a trip to Maine, that is where my brother live. where in Maine are you? I am hoping to hook up at some point through all this stuff with someone locally .

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

I say it the swirl on a Dairy Queen orange Dilly Bar!

Betty, sorry you have to come on these boards. 

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

If I say what I'm seeing in the MP I'm afraid Board Police will report me. Sealed

hahahahahaa

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Side of a glass vase.

Betty - Sorry you have to be here with us. 

• Paula66

Welcome Nancy and Betty.  Im sorry we have to meet this away.  The gals around here will help however they can.  Just post and if someone can help they will!  Good Luck to you both. 

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

Welcome Nancy and Betty. Any questions or concerns you have, please feel free to speak up. Somebody on the thread has probably already dealt with whatever you're going throough and if not, we're still always hear to listen.

I'm getting a bit discouraged here. I've been wearing the damn binder at least 22-23 hours a day and today I noticed some fluid build up. My prosthesis fitter noticed it also. I thought I had this licked and the skin had adhered to the chest wall. I had a near melt down this afternoon - ready to kick, scream and just throw a temper tantrum. Thank God for xanax and a nap. Things always look better after both Wink My BS keeps telling me I have to keep my left arm still. Easier said than done. It doesn't hurt, so it takes a real conscious effort not to move it. She tells me to keep my left hand in my pocket, yeah right. I think the only way I'm going to keep this arm from moving is to strap it down.

On the plus side, this has probably been my best day so far re nerve irritation.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I sorta see 'teeth'. I think the MP is a blown glass bottom of a vase. OR a dental xray of some type.

Welcome Betty, how the heck did you get mets with DCIS?? Where do you have the mets? That's a tough one....

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Welcome Nancy and Betty but sorry you have to be here because of BC.  Nancy you are almost my neighbor!  Are you having the traditional rads or mammosite?  Hope your score is low like mine turned out.  Ask any of your questions and I'm sure many can give you their experiences.  As for the food, its all calorie, fat, and carb free!  Late nite snacks anyone?  Congrat Eli!

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

I think it's a Cheeto. LOL

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

Mystery Pic - Lava lamp??

• nancygv55
    nancygv55 Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.  Kittygirl, yes we are just a stone's throw apart and I will have traditional rads.  Claire, the cake is fabulous!  Please let me know how I can support each and every one of you "seasoned" women.
  • Paula66

Fpr my sissy! 

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh234/middlesis1966/daughter.jpg