Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532
    count me in the pocket party!  i'm there for you, eph and sherry.   
  • valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

((( Joni ))) & ((( Sherry )))

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

Pocket hopping sounds like a good time. Best of luck to the both of you.

I do believe what I have going on is a seroma. It's even bigger this morning. I can't put my arm down by my side. I will not leave the MO's office until someone drains it. My appt. is at 10:30. I have all my questions for her written down so I don't forget anything. If anyone thinks of something I might forget to ask her please feel free to let me know. Thanks

• walley
    walley Member Posts: 195

I'm in the pocket for both of you ladies:)

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Sherry - Pocket party for you, too.  What's your favorite pocket party food?  Know that by now you are at the hospital.

Dianarose - Hope you get some relief today.  And answers to your questions.

MOT - Prayers for your biopsy results today.

Prayers going up for all those unspoken needs or ones that come up during the day.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

In pockets for you ladies.  I'll bring the wet wipes for the orange Cheeto fingers so we don't ruin anyone's clothes.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903

I've some more wet wipes for the Cheeto's fingers!  I'll be jumping from pocket to pocket to pocket!

Dianarose--while you are gathering info about treatment keep in mind that there are 2 kinds of treatment.  One is local treatment, this is surgery and radiation.  Local treatment only treats the breast and lymphnode area.  The second is systemic treatment, this is chemo and hormonal (estrogen blocking) treatment.  Systemic treatment is aimed at getting at any bc cells that have left the breast area and gone to other parts of the body.  Systemic treatment is always part of the treatment plan when a number of lymph nodes are involved since that is evidence that bc cells could have gotten away from the breast area to other parts of the body.  It might be easier for you to think about local treatment, then think about systemic treatment.  That way you don't have to be looking at so many different types of treatment with all the associated side effects.  

• lisamarie68
    lisamarie68 Member Posts: 971

EPH , and Sherry... sorry I am late but i am here in ur pockets ... ok I will be quiet sherry dont wanna make anyone mess up ... Prayers and Warm {{{HUGS}}} I brang along some fresh fruit ... :)

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

My heart ladies goes to you today. Joni- you will rock today--hope the appt is as boring as it can be!! Dianarose- hope you find relief today and some peace of mind too. Sherryc--by the time you read any of this it will be mostly behind you. Prayers for the start of this leg of your journey. MOT--will be there holding your hand thinking nothing but good thoughts. ((((hugs))))) to all! 

• cmbear

OOh I'm sorry I forgot to invite the cabana boy to the pocket party!! Silly me!!!

I'm sure he will hand feed us cheetos so we don't have to get orange fingers!! 

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

All done!  Thank you everyone!  I'm sure full!

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532
    eph, what did you find out?
  • lisamarie68

{{{{HUGS}}}}  EPH ... glad ur back :)

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216

I'm late to the pocket parties but hugs to everyone! Hope everything is boring and normal!

• 2FriedEggs
    2FriedEggs Member Posts: 324

Another newbie. I have read this site for a long time now and really find it informative. Unfortunately the Big C got me this year so I figured I'd register. You seem to be a fun group so I hope you don't mind my getting a laugh from your posts. I like DWTS, marguaritas and all that other good stuff too. I am pushing the age limit by just 2 years but I'm still in it and thats what counts right?

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903

Welcome, Florida, to the club no one should ever qualify for.  Glad you found us!

• lisamarie68

welcome florida .... 

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

welcome florida  The gals around here are great.  Come here to ask any questions you have.  Just to vent chat or whatever.  Just know that we are here for you.

• cmbear

welcome Floridamom! What part of Florida do you call home? I'm in Orlando. Welcome to our group--you will find all kinds of support and a little of goofiness added in. Where are you at in your DX and treatment? Don't mind me for being nosy, if you add all that on your profile, we will better be able to offer advice aimed at your particular BC. (((hugs))))

• Ossa
    Ossa Member Posts: 685

Nice to find a fun tread with lots of advice.. I am just finishing my treatment.. Had AC/DT x8 from may -Oct 2011 .. Mx with immediate recon Nov. (tissue expander) Rads End Jan -March 5  2012  Will have exchange surgery at end of April or sometime in May depending on when they can fit me in.. Will continue Herceptin until July16/ 2012.. Also 4 1/2 months into my five years of tamoxifen as well as Metformin double blind trial study

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

Wow - lots of PP's going on - I sure hope everyone who had appts came back with no news (which is good news right?).

I will have to get over my shyness and ask for a PP the next appt that I go to. Normally I have my DH or a sister to keep me company but  had to go it alone today (bone scan) - was kinda boring waiting all by myself. Next time I will definitely book a PP - can't beat the treats and the eye candy!

Welcome florida - Lots of terrific people here to encourage & support.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Joni and Sherry......tons of love and hugs to both of you.  I know you are both strong.  Joni so sorry about your Mom.  Thinking you will get excellent reports.  Sherry, thinking of you and sending big warm hugs. 

I just got home from LE therapy and have just three more appointments.  I have learned so much and have a wonderful therapist.  I am really going to miss her.  I get my sleeves next week....and may be able to get some LE compression bras that are more attractive than the flattening white ones I have now.  I have Truncal LE and also it is in my arm.  Very mild in my arm apparently but I still need to wear the sleeves daily.  Learning the many different massage techniques and various exercises has helped so much.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Welcome, Floridamom!  Yes, tell us what surgery you had and where you are at in your treatment now.  The more knowledge you have going in, the more pitfalls you can avoid.  B/C really challenges how much info. you can store in your brain.  there is a lot to learn.  Let us know if we can help.

Speaking of learning all about B/C, hello to Ossa!   Sounds like you have almost completed your B/C Degree.  With exchange surgery, the women seem excited (or usually looking forward to it.)  Sure beats the surgery we have to have to chop out beastly B/C in the first place.  Is the pic of your hair now, or is it longer now? 

Hope Sherryc's surgery went smoothly.  It may be a couple days til we hear from her.  I am sure she will need some help with the housework for a week or two while she recovers, and I found a new willing manservant.  Remember to return him, Sherryc.  We've lost so many luscious laborers due to women just keeping them!  

Everyone who had appts. and tests today, I look forward to lots of happy dancing when the results start coming in.

• lisamarie68

Oh my Elimar , I love that man servant !!! mmmm he is sweet ... and I love the cabana boys .. this is such a dreamy place to be .... :) 

Praying everyone has good results .

Sherry .. hoping you are resting comfortably ... {{{Hugs}}}} 

• Ossa
    Ossa Member Posts: 685

Excuse me.. Hallooo,, I need help with my housework...Tongue out

elimar thank you for the welcome.. My avatar is about two weeks old, so my hair is a  teeny tiny  bit longer.. Growing sooo slow and I am blaming it on Herceptin.. On the upside, I can drive with the windows open and not a hair will be out of place Cool..

Good luck to all the ladies having tests this week  may they all come back good

• Cmblastic,

Thanks for the cookies and the support. I told my RO I've never had so much attention to one boob before, he laughed. I hope I gave the laugh for the day. Have a great one ladies.

Joni

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

Elimar- I would love to have the manservant when Sherrie is through with him. My mx is 4/11 so pencil him in for me, wow !!!

I can't believe all the new comers in the short time I have been coming here. Welcome everyone. All these ladies are great.

I did get some relief today. The bs asperated 40 cc's of fluid from under my arm. It hurt, but feels so much better now. She said I might have to have it done again though.

I am scheduled for a full body scan on Wednesday to make sure the cancer isn't some where else. I am nervous about more bad news.

Went over the path report with the MO today and all my treatment options. We discussed the oncotype dx even though I had more than 3 positive nodes and she couldn't argue that the score is the same with one or 10 positive nodes. The problem is the insurance companies don't want to pay for it when there are more than 3 nodes involved. I would rather pay the 3875.00 and know that it is a benefit before I do chemo and not only lower my immune system from fighting something as minor as a cold, but if it is not going to be a benefit in fighting the cancer I am lowering my immune system and giving the cancer a fighting chance. I want proof that my score is high enough to destroy the cancer before I agree to it. We both agreed on stopping it's food source of estrogen. I will have the ovaries out and then the hormone meds. I know everyone needs to do what they are comfortable with and for me I want to make sure I have the right ammo.

I hope everyone's test and surgeries went great today. Thanks for everyones help in keeping me somewhat sane.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415

Enjoyed the pocket parties today and tried very hard not to leave crumbs...

Joni - Hoping for good news for you!

Dianerose - DITTO!!! Praying your bone scan is as clean as a whistle

Sherry - Hope you are resting comfortably dreaming of the eye candy! 

Welcome to the newbies! I am so sorry you have to be here but am happy to pass the margaritas since you are. Please feel free to reach out to any of us as needed.

• Heidi207
    Heidi207 Member Posts: 4

Hello ladies! Another middle-ager from Maine here. Am facing surgery 4/20 and have really been enjoying the humor and partying of this group. Hopw I can jump in the pool with you!

• cmbear

DWTS anyone? Our cabana boy William kept his shirt on tonight. : ( but he still looks quite handsome in his tuxedo!! And is it just me---- but do all the women seem to have big booosums??