Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Thanks for the smoked salmon Ossa-one of my favs!  Hope all goes quick & successful!

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216

Mmmmmm....smoked salmon....

Ossa - hope it went smoothly! 

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

Hope it went well Ossa!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415

Congrats Ossa! Hope the exchange surgery was a breeze... Salmon was yummy!

• Ossa
    Ossa Member Posts: 685

Surgery went well.. Now time to heal.. PS said he has never had so much fun during surgery , and he really appriciated the piece of chocolate pie someone left him..

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

Well it looks like chemo for me. I am so upset. The chemo they want me to do will take close to 5 months and then rads. I will have these dam expanders in until freak'n February. The thought of losing my long hair is really freaking me out too. BC sucks totally.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Ossa, Yeah, your surgeon did like to par-tay.  We had to keep him focused to do a real good job on you.  So, I think you can handle the healing part, just take it easy.  Then make sure to tell Diana how it was all worth it so she can hang in there.

Diana,  If your hair is really long, consider donating it to Locks of Love or Pantene's Beautiful Lengths (who got 9" of hair from me.)   I saw one very cool thread on here where a woman had pictures on how to use your own cut hair and velcro it into a hat or two, for a pretty and realistic look during chemo time.  Try searching for it, but I forgot what it was called.   Your other reaction is from the feeling that B/C is running (or should I say ruining) your life.   I hated that too.  Lots of sister-girls here who understand that part.

• elimar

Since I plan to sleep in, and then have the errands lined up, I'll just go ahead and post the WEEKEND MYSTERY PIC NOW.  Guess away!

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    hey elimar, and gals.. i haven't been here for a long time.. hangin around with the old farts, mostly.. but im keepin an eye out on you babies.. saw elimar just posted, pm me, and let me know how your'e doin......3jays
  • cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

I could make a colonoscopy joke. . .

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

I was gonna go with a body part as well, lol but I will keep my answer g rated!  I saw it some kind of mining hole.

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

Ossa - glad to hear that all went well and you are resting now. Hope the healing goes just as well.

Dianarose - sorry that you are facing chemo. Cancer really and truly does suck! It may take your hair but please don't let it ever take your spirit. One day at a time - you will get through it all with a the help of your friends here. ((hugs))

• WaveWhisperer
    WaveWhisperer Member Posts: 557

That is one strange photo!!! A knot hole in a tree???

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845

Mining hole, colonoscopy joke, what is the difference? ;)

I vote elephant trunk. 

• carollynn79
    carollynn79 Member Posts: 331

Carpet padding

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216

Chipmunk hole? Because it looks like the ones in my yard...

Ossa - glad it went well! Sending you healing vibes...

((((dianarose)))) - like someone else said, one day at a time... 

• Ossa

A tree.

DianaRose.. Hang in there.. Chemo is doable. I look at it as a "bump in the road" in the great scheme of things.. Keep in mind They are doing it for you not to you..

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Ossa I am so happy to hear everything went well and you are on the mend.  Loved the pockedt party.  I just love all those fun foods.

I love your chemo analogy....so perfect.  You are so right.  Perspective is an amazing thing.

Dianarose I am sorry you are facing it, but anything that helps to beat the disease is good motivation.  Like Eli said, donating the hair would be awesome.

I got the biggest, most amazing surprise yesterday.  Since moving here two years ago I really miss my family.  Yesterday my DH called me out to the driveway to "help" him with something.  I walked out, and there stood my son and DIL from Colorado!  Jenifer was holding a vase of red roses.  They flew in and rented a car.  I was floored, shocked, emotional.  Huge hugs and tears!  I have not seen them in nearly two years.  They are just here for the weekend and both have to work.  They are both geologists, they work for different oil companies in Denver.  Right now they each have a well they are supervising via the good old internet.  While they took breaks to work, we still had a wonderful time.  They took us to dinner last night, my choice.  I picked Olive Garden.  It is just a rare treat for me.  We had such a great meal.  Drinks, appetizers, and a huge meal.  DH and I brought most of ours home.  Tonight Adam informed me they are cooking for me.  I am the only one that does not like crab, so Adam is grilling me a steak.  He is getting crab for he and Jen and Chuck.  They are staying at a hotel.  Jen is really allergic to cats and I have three!  They are working this morning and will be here sometime early afternoon.  It is just such an amazing thing.  This will definitely go down as the best Mother's Day ever! 

I wish wonderful joy and happy surprises to all the mom's out there.  You have earned it!

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

How wonderful Janis! I'm so happy for you! =)

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378

post hole?

• elimar

I see the MP has generated some interest.  It won't be a hint if I say it is something very ordinary, but ALSO something very weird.  You'll see.  I can't wait for the reveal tomorrow. 

• Ossa

A tree, where a branch broke off and the tree repaired itself

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

MP = Water Well

Trish

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

MP guess is an eye. Don't ask me on what.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415

Mystery pic guess - hollow log?

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

MP-water well

Dianarose so sorry you will be doing chemo. 

Janis how sweet of your son and DIL to supprise you.

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    Janis - what a wonderful suprise for you for Mother's Day! Your story really made me smile - Laughing
  • Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

mystery picture- hole in a tree.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Is that the home of a trap-door spider?

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Janis how wonderful to have a surprise like that!!  I'm so happy for you.