Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

MP- lawn chair

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Love all the MP answers.  I'll go with bathing suit strap

• chachamom
    chachamom Member Posts: 410

I'll second Ossa....flip flops over a parquet floor

Just returned from a trip to Italy...heavenly! I hope Elimar's trip is memorable too! I go to see my MO on Tuesday to review my oncotype and future treatment plan.

• Mzmerz
    Mzmerz Member Posts: 80

Hi, I haven't posted in here before, I don't think!  Anyway, I am 43, dx when I was 40. Stupid Cancer.

I have to say, I was scrolling thru and I saw the mystery pic and didn't realize that it was a game and I thought, what in the heck is that lol

So staying with the cruise theme, I say it's one of those lounge chairs.  Which I totally wish I was in one....

Amy 

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845

Hi Amy, welcome to the group.

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216
    Here's a hint on the MP: it is a common household object. Boring. Something you use every week whether you want to or not. Tongue out
  • cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Mp-vacuum. Do I use it everyweek is the real question. . . . 

• Ossa
    Ossa Member Posts: 685

MP..floormop

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903

MP--one of those newfangled dusting gizmos? 

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

MP is a?????? gee whiz I just don't know what to say.  Toilet bowl scrubber?

• madpeacock

Well, since it is Tuesday, I guess we have to give up on the MP. And the answer is.....a laundry basket!!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

I was trying to think of what I used weekly.  I use my basket just about daily!  Whether I want to or not!

• candie1971
    candie1971 Member Posts: 2,467

Thanks, Marlegal.

Jeannie, how are you doing on the cytoxan? I had the same expereience with food as Marlegal. I had cravings more than when I was pregnant?

Hi Amy, welcome!

DianaRose, what day do you start?

hugs

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314

Candie, I am a little nauseous in the mornings but Compazine helps. No cravings yet. I am more emotional now that I am actually putting these poisons in my body and facing the length of my treatment plan. I know it's for good reasons, there is just an emotional factor. Thanks for asking.

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

Hi- I start my CMF tomorrow. I am like Jeannie, very emotional today. I had a really bad day at work too. We have a new manager and she told the owner that I was looking tired so they cut me to 3 days a week. Of course I look tired. I work my butt off in a hot kitchen, it was a really busy holiday weekend, I have a house to maintain, a 13 yr old, an hour and 15 min. drive one way and I am due for my stupid period. The manager called in yesterday morning and said she was tired and didn't know when she would get there so I had to go up front and help the 2 girls wait on customers. I picked up her slack and instead of getting a thank you I got a slap in the face. When she has pissed off customers who come in for their cranberry orange scones in the morning or there fresh bread she can deal with it. Oh, and I take my recipes home with me everyday, so good luck to her. She looks rested though because she is never on time. Ok, enough of my complaining. I need to get my head on straight and focus on something else.

• candie1971

Hi dianaRose, I did mine on Wednesdays too. Good luck to you tomorrow. I will be with you!

hugs

• MaddyMac
    MaddyMac Member Posts: 42

Hi Peoples, I'm 40-ish and a newbie here.

I'm freaking at the moment because playing phone tag with my surgeon re: MRI results. If they"re what she expects then it is off to surgery on Friday. It all happens so fast! And there's such a learning curve. . .

Maybe some day I could post her picture here as the MP, since she moves in mysterious ways her phone calls to return. :}

• Jeannie57

Diana, that stinks re: your manager. Not what you need right now. I hope it gets resolved sooner rather than later. I'm glad you ranted! Now big, deep breaths and relaxing visualizations! You know I'm there with you and for you.

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

Welcome Maddymac - hang in there. I hope that MRI comes back with good results and no surgery required. Let us know how you make out. Waiting is the hard part, but you have found a great waiting room on this board. Lots of support, encouragement and sharing.

Dianarose - sorry that your manager is one who cannot see or appreciate the effort that you put into your job. I hope that everything works out for you. Best of luck today!

• candie1971

Welcome Maddymac...as barsco1963 says..this is a great place. Let us know what you find out about your MRI....what kind of surgery will you be having? We will stay with you every step of the way.

Dianarose..godd luck today.

Jeannie...how are you feeling today?

• candie1971

I know this is not cancer related but I am going to have some veins taken out of my left leg this afternoon. I am a little apprehensive as I do not know what to expect.  I took a zanax and they will give me an ativan if I want it...yep, I want it! They are calling it laser ablation. I did see a virtual one on you tube..lol.  I have to do it in both legs and it will take 4 visits. I sure hope this is ok today since I have to go back 3 more times. Thought if I told you about it, I might not feel so scared.

hugs

• Jeannie57

Candie, I will pray for you! It seems everything health-related carries more fear after a cancer dx. I hope you breeze through it. I continue to feel well, just a little nausea taken care of with Compazine and I'm trying to regulate my bowels which is uncomfortable. I'm very thankful that I feel so good, so far.

• candie1971

You are so right Jeannie....

Jeannie, I had a problem with constipation in the beginning of  CMF. I started to take a stool softener and then took it daily the entire time during treatment. also, my onc told me to eat something "wet" with every meal, especially canned fruit. It did the trick...good luck with that.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Diana that stinks about your manager.  Hopefully they will give you your days back.

Welcome MaddyMac this is a great place to hang for support, or vent or laugh.  Whatever you feel like at the moment.

Have an eye doctor appt today.  MO thinks I need to see my eye doctor every 6 months while on Tamox to check for cataracts.  I think it is overkill but I guess the upside is if anything is going on they will find it sooner. But the good part is my girlfriend is going with me and we are going to eat lunch and shop.

• MaddyMac
    MaddyMac Member Posts: 42

Thanks very much for the welcoming supportive messages ladies.

Dianarose, your manager needs to have some anonymous person moosh her in the face with whipped cream pie. Dreadful creature.

My surgeon finally called, and now I'm more confused than ever. She says it is completely up to me whether I want to try lumpectomy or go straight to mastectomy. I like a doc who empowers me as a patient, but I wish she was leaning strongly one way or the other. Both options have pros and cons. Aack. I'm supposed to decide by Friday.

Does anyone else in this group have Invasive Micropapillary Carcinoma? There is one dinky thread about it, but I'm pretty much alone over there.

Anyway, I'm now pouring myself an imaginary pino grigio, and setting off to read this thread backwards to get to know you guys a little better. Thanks again for the welcome.

-MM

• candie1971

MaddyMac, you can send a message to the moderators to get you more info on that.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Welcome maddymac.  I'm sorry we have to meet this way.  You have come across a very helpful group of gals.  I am IDC so I'm sorry I can't help you.

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

I'm behind reading again but welcome to the newbies and prayers for all those going through tests and making treatment decisions. I hope you can find out some more info Maddymac...

I went to the eye doctor today for my first exam since my diagnosis. He told me that he always checks his BC patients for eye mets. He said it's rare but possible. I hadn't heard that before and it's definitely not a pleasant thought. Another factor of this nasty disease...

• madpeacock

Must be eye doctor season. I have an appointment tomorrow. This will be my first exam since diagnosis too, so will be interesting to see what they say. Eye mets??? Never heard of that, but doesn't sound great....

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Jeannie, I totally get being emotional about basically poisoning ourselves. I was never a big medicine person, so when I dwelt on chemo it really upset me. So I decided not to dwell on it! Hope you're still feeling pretty good. Oh, and I sprinkled Benefiber on at least one meal a day. It really is tasteless and kept me regular.

Diana, I wish we could gather a posse to go visit your boss and treat her really obnoxiously for about an hour :)

MaddyMac, why are they rushing you into a decision? Have you been consulting for a while? I would want a second opinion by another surgeon AFTER the MRI results are in. This is important ... there is absolutely no reason why you should feel so much pressure in such a short time. You are in charge, keep that in mind.

Sherry, my eye doc told me it was very important to be seen at least once a year while I was on tamox too.

Good job cropping the mystery pic - I suck at that game, but love playing :)