Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951
    Oh yes, some eye candy would be nice. The doc said cut back on the sweets during chemo, but said nothing about eye candy. Cool
  • cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Diana--did you ask for eye candy? Here's my favorite cabana boy. An oldie but a goodie.

sorry ladies for being repetitive. some things are worth it. 

• Dianarose

Ah, yes. He is easy on the eyes indeed.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Why is my boyfriend's pic on this site? Don't you even dare to think of him...he's mine.....all mine!!!!

Music - I've got my iPod loaded with Bob Marley and Jimmy Buffett, we're ready bear :)

• chachamom
    chachamom Member Posts: 410

Mmmmm....George is right up there with chocolate...those eyes suggest SO much promise!....hot flash alert!

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

I'll throw in some Beach Boys tunes and we'll have "Fun, Fun,Fun" while we all send Claire our "Good Vibrations"

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903

I'm bringing more tunes and some chocolate liqueor to the party, Claire!  You will love the results.  The first 2 weeks are hardest, then it starts getting better every day!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    Claire...............sending love and healing hugs!!!!  And cheesecake, I mean, everyone loves cheesecake, right?  Laughing
  • candie1971
    candie1971 Member Posts: 2,467

Claire, good luck to you

Dianarose, hope you are feeling ok today..thansk for the recipe.

Jeannie, how are you doing?

• chachamom

Claire.....hope you can enjoy the chocolates!!!! Laughing

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Dianarose thanks for the recipe'

Clair I am late but jumping in.  Hope your healing is smooth sailing.

• 2FriedEggs
    2FriedEggs Member Posts: 324

Clair I too pray that all is well.

You know, I know everyone blames their aromatase inhibitors for weight gain but since I just started mine I can't blame the couple pounds I gained on them. Therefore I've come to the conclusion its belonging to this thread and thinking about all the good stuff everyone puts on here -scones, chocolates, lattes, yummy umbrellas drinks, you name it, that's causing my weight gain!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415

Claire - Count me in for the pocket party - Bringing lattes & chocolate........ Seriously though, I will pray for a successful surgery with a speedy recovery. 

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

Praying things go well for you Claire...in your pocket!

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246

claire ,bringing the tea and chocolate biscuits for you

• barsco1963

Claire - thinking of you and hoping you are doing well - sending healing vibes your way!

• candie1971

Checking in to see how you are, Dianarose and Jeannie!

Claire prayers coming your way, also.

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314

Candie, I'm doing pretty well overall. Tired, slightly nauseous but manageable. Thanks for asking!

Claire, thinking of you and sending prayers up for good healing.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Hi Middies,  I have returned (yesterday, actually.)  First day home tired, busy. Will elaborate more later.  I'm a convert to cruising now since it is a real vacation for any woman just by virtue of not having to cook any meals for a week.  Will write some highlights in a later post, once I get some pics loaded and onto Photobucket, and feel like spending time on computer.  It was a very nice break to be offline for a while week.  Try it sometime.

Anyway, I just spent a good amount of time just catching up on this thread.  The thread carried on so well in my absence...I want to welcome MzMerz and MaddyMac.  MaddyMac, I can almost always appreciate a sarcastic dig directed towards a sub-par doctor; but I can always appreciate a well directed cream pie!  Ahahaha!!!!!!!!

Jeannie57 and Dianarose,  Your chemo is well underway now and I hope both of you are handling it o.k.  It's not the dreadful unknown anymore, so I hope you both are having the confidence now that it is definitely something you can "get through."  That is the big mental hurdle...when you think, "Yeah, yeah, I know a lot have done it, but how will I do?  What if I can't handle it?"  Isn't it a fabulous surprise when you first realize, "Hey!  I CAN DO THIS!"  Stay the course, sister-girls.

cmbear,  Ooooh, you wait until I am gone to finally bring out the scones?   I think I put in a request a couple months ago, and now all I get are a few days old ones.  Boo-hoo!  But I will let you off the hook because you did give up the recipe AND cranberry orange ones are my favorite AND because you just had your DIEP surgery.  Hope to hear from you soon, but for now just chill and recover at your own pace.  

madpeacock,  You were so tricky with the MP, using an item that so many of usavoid as much as we can.

Paula66, Your guess and mention of the words "toilet brush" for the first time ever on this thread have elevated it to new heights.  Although they seem quite difficult to use, I have now been inspired to give one a whirl in the near future having recently become aware that a toilet bowl should not be pink, with a brown waterline.

Hang in there for a few tales from Alaska and a few pics...coming soon.

• chachamom

Welcome back, Elimar!

• candie1971

welcome back Elimar....I just love the way you write!

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Welcome back Eli!!!!  So glad you had a wonderful cruise!  From what I hear Alaska is very beautiful.  Farther up north is the coldest, but the cruise scene is where parts of Alaska has a few seasons. 

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Yay!!!!!!!!!! E's home!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

E's not only home, but already has burned her retinas from trying to view the eclipse of the Sun by Venus happening RIGHT NOW by looking at it with a mirror and three pairs of sun glasses.  So don't anyone else try that today.  Eclipse glass ONLY, or the old pinhhole/shadow method, but I think the little DOT of Venus will be too small to see that way.  I'm now going to look on the NASA website.

Next chance...105 years.

• Dianarose

Welcome back Elimar- looking forward to some pictures.

2nd infusion tomorrow morning. Not liking the nausea much.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Our neighbor came knocking on our door yesterday saying he wanted to share something with someone.  He had a pair of special eclipse glasses and he took us outside and we looked at the eclipse.  It was amazing!  No burned retinas here, and I can say I actually saw the event!!!!

• barsco1963

Welcome back Elimar! Can't wait to see some pics and hear all about your trip.

• Meece

Dianarose, I remember that my fear of getting sick was the biggest issue for me.  My Onc gave me a sample of Emend for my first tx and it worked like a dream.  The second tx I was supposed to get the rx for Emend but my insurance wouldn't cover it, and I suffered without it.  When I was in tears talking to my NP, she gave me samples for each of the remaining tx's.  I will always be thankful to her for having compassion for me.  There are things to help with nausea, ask your Onc.

• Meece
  • Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845

Meece, I can't believe they wouldn't let you have emend. That seems stupid.

I had emend with the FEC treatment. For the taxotere they said I didn't need it, and they were right. I was on some other kind of anti-puke meds, but milder stuff, and I think I only took what they gave me in the IV along with the tax.