Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Options

Comments

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    Options

Hi Ladies, Just wanted to wish you all a happy

weekend. Tuesday I see my colon Dr to have test

to see if it has returned. I have God on my side.

Please take care, I have no humor today very tried

and my heart is hurting, So keep smiling for me.

Hugs, Debbie

• Makratz
    Makratz Member Posts: 1,605
    Options

Best of Luck on Tuesday Debbie.  I will be praying for you.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    Options

Kt love your avatar.Most of us have all been radiated like that. We must keep our humor going no mater what.Right Barbe?

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    Options

Sending Hugs And Prayer vibes your way Debbie(((Hope you feel better)))

• spinnaker
    spinnaker Member Posts: 5
    Options

Hang in there, Debbie.  Hope you feel better soon.  {{{{hugs}}}}

Karen

• rumoret
    rumoret Member Posts: 45
    Options

Just saw the thread........age 52 and had surgery on my birthday at age 49 years old. I feel young...but my mother does too....she is 79 years old and a 10 years triple negative breast cancer survivor!

Love,

Terry

• queenlurker
    queenlurker Member Posts: 34
    Options

kem123-I have a lot of trouble typing too-takes forever.  Some neuropathy still present but manageable.

mom and 2kids-my hair is still curley after chemo, wonder if it is here to stay.  I think the grey will probably stay?  At my age?

footprintsangel-per your request I am smiling

casey

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377
    Options

Hey Ladies in the middle, I hope you all are planning some fun this upcoming weekend, I am planning to sleep as much as possible, although I am always pissed off that I can't sleep even when I have the time.

I have found my "happy" place (clean up those dirty minds(: I am learning to do self-hypnosis and I am hoping that eventually I will feel more like myself again, because I miss her. I am trying to educate myself about natural healing therapies and will be visiting with a Homeopath next week. I have a list about a mile long of what I want fixed, but first on the list is to decrease the side effects from the Arimidex. I'll let you know what I think about going to the left for health care later next week. I have bilateral excisional biopsies scheduled at Sloan for next Friday. Luckily, for some unknown reason I am not suffering from anxiety go figure!

• kem123
    kem123 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi everyone! Somehow I lost track today was Fri. Have fun this weekend! I decided to check into yoga and meditation. Adventure is afoot for my Happy Place! Happy thoughts and Good news for all this week,  I pray.  Chemo on FRI.
  • Nebraskagrandma
    Nebraskagrandma Member Posts: 137
    Options

Debbie,

We all will be praying for good results on Tuesday. You can't be humorous ALL the time that's why we have each other ! Hopefully we won't all be down at once !

Terry,

Welcome !  Seriously ? surgery on your Birthday !! That's just sick and wrong...........

Linda,

Sometimes I'm so tired and then I get to bed and can't get to sleep yuck....hate it ! Let us know how it goes with the Homeopath road, Bilat Biops ? next Friday, maybe not being anxious about it is a good sign....

mumayan,

love the new avatar :o)

Blessings all around,

• Nebraskagrandma
    Nebraskagrandma Member Posts: 137
    Options

Oh yeah, my appt today. Went to my PS office I got my stitches out all but one. They put me back on antibx today for another 7 days. She had to clean up one little area of my incision and we have to do a little different dressing on it. So I'm stuck with this dang surgical bra awhile longer :o(..............so while we're all praying how about one sent to Nebraska for some quick healing, it gets exhusting and I hate to even complain with all you gals have gone through....

Blessings !

• msroulette
    msroulette Member Posts: 15
    Options

TGIF Ladies!!!

Lots of posts today. I also LOVE the meerkat in front of the heatlamp. Barbe, great sense of humor. I think it is healthy to find humor in almost any situation.

I made it through second day of work today. My boss came out around noon and told me I looked as though I was losing ground fast...I was whooped by 2:00, and so ready to go home and take a nap. Still haven't gotten myself onto the couch to do such a thing.

Gibby-I'll get my viola out and act as though it is a fiddle, if you want to keep trying that banjo!

Everybody have a Fantastic Friday!

• cmharris59
    cmharris59 Member Posts: 111
    Options

Hi Ladies,

Just checking in on posts and catching up with what's new.  Hugs and healing energy to all that need it.

Gibby,

I read your posts and I, too have a kitty that is pulling out his hair. The vet says that it is from my projected stress. She gave him a shot and told me to try to be more attentive. I have tried everything and he is still going bald. Any suggestions? Has your vet recommended anything helpful?

C

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options

kt57 we posted at the same time so I didn't know that it really was a meerkat. Too cute!

How about a cat that pees and shits where it's not supposed to? We have 2 litter boxes and the oldest insists on doing her business under a table in the livingroom. My DH has been yelling at her and calling her bad. We had to replace the carpet in the diningroom with laminate as the oldest cat, now dead, used the entire room of carpet for a litter box. Today when vacuuming I saw pee in the corner so bad it was lifting the laminate! Can I kill her now? 

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377
    Options

Oh Barbe when you just asked can I kill her now, I immediately thought of a Far-Side cartoon that said "Subliminal" and a dog was outside the window of old lady sleeping and the dog was saying, kill the cat, kill the cat!

Maybe they want to be outside cats!

• barbe1958
    Options

I've SEEN that one! hehehehehe

I'll put them outside alright!

• msroulette
    msroulette Member Posts: 15
    Options

Barbe- My oldest cat does not like sharing the litterbox, so my bathtub is her favorite spot...better than the carpet, but cleaning cat poop out of the tub every morning before a shower is annoying, to say the least!

• bettysgirl
    bettysgirl Member Posts: 645
    Options

I had to read the post twice barbe cuz i thought the oldest cat was dead because it was peeing  (as in you did him in) then i realized not....

I love the meerkat too. I had not thought about the rads tie in but that's just too cute. Like I said, we have to keep a little humor.

Debbie--((((HUGS))))) I hope you feel better soon and that your appointment goes well. Healing prayers for you.

For my parting shot for tonight i have to borrow a joke from a stand up comic we heard ...

"I'd tell you some funny stories about my grandchildren, but they live with me... and it isn't funny."

Have a great evening ladies.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Options

Milestone -- 200 posts in under a week!   I'm distracted from my B/C at the moment, groovin' to my "imaginary band boyfriends" on YouTube.  Cancer does not rock, but I still do!

• Makratz
    Options

Congrats elimar!!  Nothing wrong with rockin' out!!

• bettysgirl
    Options

I remember rockin out....that was a LONG time ago!! LOL

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    Options

Hope Everyone has a wonderful weekend, You ought

to be very proud of this line. alot of people here are

very caring and know what the others are going through.

I love this Middle-Aged Women line. I hope you keep

this going along time, were all in this fight together. Take Care, Debbie 

• Makratz
    Options

Great to hear from you Debbie.  Hope you are feeling better.

xoxo

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Options
    Feel better, footprintsangel, and I hope the docs have some good news for you next week.
  • bettysgirl
    Options

Debbie- I hope you have a good weekend too. Take care of yourself and know that we love you and will be thinking of you.

• jezza
    jezza Member Posts: 295
    Options

Hi..Can I join?? I'm sorta on both ends of the scale.

I was dx at 41...with 2 adopted kids and a biological son...16 months old...so..older mum.

I'm now at the other end my 16 month old will be 19 YEARS old next month ..so work that out..lol

Still like to think of myself as middle aged...don't like the "older woman" category!

Loved hearing your stories....my parents and inlaws have passed now but I know that sandwiched feeling....its tough going.

jezza

• carcharm
    carcharm Member Posts: 13
    Options

Hey, can I join? I'm 49 and was dx this past June/July with stage 1 ER/PR- HER+. I had atypical cells in one of my lymph nodes and LVI so technically I am node +. I started TCH last week. I"ve had major GI upset with it. Sometimes it feels like I am having a heart attack but once I throw up I'm better. OOhhh sorry so vivid. I've got 3 boys 23,21,15. The oldest just graduated from the University of Toledo in e-commerce but cannot find a job. Anyone out there looking for a new grad? (Robert) My second (Kyle) is a third year computer science engineer student at OSU. And the little one Andrew is 15 and just starting high school. Is it the cool thing now to start high school with a girlfriend? I swear just 2 weeks ago he couldn't stand girls and now he's got one swooning all over him. I hate cancer. It scares the bijeebees out of me. I'm reading a really good book by Bernie Siegel, MD. called "How to Live Between Office Visits." I wasn't sure how I was suppose to feel having cancer and all and this book has some great insight. My job as a coder forces me to read how Stage 1 cancer patients are now terminal and signing off to hospice. It is so hard to read these cases as one day that could be my fate. I have a strong love and belief in God and will accept, reluctantly, the fate he bestows on me. However, I will not go down without a good fight!!

• barbe1958
    Options
    carcharm, do you mean Stage I progressed to Stage IV and is now hospice...? Undecided They didn't jump right from Stage I to hospice.....did they?
  • carcharm
    carcharm Member Posts: 13
    Options

Oh nooo not right away. These patients are seen over months/years with the comorbidities that come with having cancer... port changes, infections,...new mets, etc... only to come to a point after a period of time where the will to fight is gone. As a coder I get to know these patients without ever actually meeting them because I have to code each inpatient stay they have. Fortunately, there are so many that never get to that point!!

• noni1
    noni1 Member Posts: 23
    Options

Hi All,

There is a thread called older women with BC.  It is great also.  It is good to have more than one so we can share our stories.  Carcham,  I am with you, I will not go down without a fight either.  But, the last couple of days, I have felt like s__t.  Don't know if I can take this maintenance medication for 5years.  (Femara)  I feel awful.  

Well, the sun is shining brightly here in sunny FLA.  Gonna go sit in it for awhile.

thought s and prayer s to you all.

Cindy