MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• LauraK23
    LauraK23 Member Posts: 4

Hi Ladies,

I haven't read all the posts so excuse me if ya'll have already talked about this.

What is up with not being able to take off my Christmas fat this year?  I've never had trouble before.  That extra 10 pounds won't come off.  Do you think it's the Arimidex???

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

Good grief, Laura, it's only January! Some people here still have their trees up! Give yourself some time to recover from the baking and the chocolate and the Cheetos.

That said, I think that anything that makes us feel older (hormonals, AI's) tends to make it harder to whip the metabolism back into a froth at will. Bummer.

Thanks for the Alien commentary, Elimar. I'm pretty sure my brain can use that to conjure up colorful dreams in combination with the Melatonin!

• carolinachick
    carolinachick Member Posts: 135

Just popping it today to say that I just got my second post-chemo haircut, and I love it!  I'll try to post a photo later.  I may just keep it this "Jamie Lee Curtis-short" forever!  After not having hair for six months, it's fun to have it back again.  Just wish the leg and armpit hair would have stayed gone...

Happy hump day everyone!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Pizza is the one junk food that I will not turn down.So now when i enjoy it I order it meatless and covered with veggiesand cheese of course.Now i am hungry.

Who wants a slice?

• Hannahbearsmom
    Hannahbearsmom Member Posts: 266

mumayan:  I do!!! That pizza look delicious and pizza is one of my favorites--YUMLaughing.

TCK

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902

YUM!!!!!

• one-L
    one-L Member Posts: 653

I love pizza.  I would fall off of any wagon to get it.  I am trying to diet, but just can't seem to keep away from the chips and cookies that everyone brings to work.  I have gained about 6 lbs from chemo, holidays and such.  I know that is not much, but I am afraid I will never get it back off.  I am too tired to exercise when I get home from work.  I just want to fall into my recliner and stay there until bedtime.

I don't  know how you girls make it that have children at home.  I admire all of you that are going through all of this and keep up with children.

Juannelle

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Children help keep your mind active and off of your current situation.

• one-L
    one-L Member Posts: 653

I guess that would be a good thing.  I do know that when I am around my grandchildren, that I don't think  of  my current situation, they keep me totally occupied. 

• cnemeth
    cnemeth Member Posts: 136

Okay, so I just wandered over to this forum (am 51 ~ promise) and elimar is cracking me up!!!  Think I will schedule a dinner party tomorrow just so I can see what busts out!!  Hopefully it won't be my implants.

Colleen

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Wow!  When I wrote the last post, I wasn'r even thinking about the implants given to some of us by fellow Earthlings. Welcome to the group cnemeth!   Are you in any current treatment, or NED and holding?

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

CookieGal, I am all over milk shakes with some whiskey, ummm I would love one right now, it would warm me up and help me sleep. I had a little panic episode tonight just thinking about another procedure. Being from the midwest I of course love all those fattening appetizers and my shape shows it LOL

Thanks for all the well wishes I will be taking them with me on Monday.

I had a big bag of cheetos tonight for dinner as I am on the road working and didn't feel like taking myself out for dinnerLaughing

Sleep tight,

Linda

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Pizza - $26.

Milkshakes w/whiskey-$10

alien implants-who knows

Elimar making me laugh-priceless

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527
    EphCool
  • gillyone
    gillyone Member Posts: 495

Well I've been reading this thread since it started and know a few names from elsewhere, but decided it was time to take the plunge and join you all. I've just got back from a trip to California with DH visiting the in laws - the furthest I've been in six months.(Finished tx December 31) I got to try a fabulous drink called a chocolatini - exactly what it sounds like. A yummy alcoholic chocolate drink in a martini glass.

One thing I have wondered about on various threads is how we all choose our names? One-L (Juanelle) - it took me a little while to catch on with yours, but I did eventually. Mine (gillyone) came from a good friend's husband. Way back when star wars first came out he took to calling me gilly-one as a take off of obi-one and I decided to use it on bc.org discussion boards. So, how did you choose yours?

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883

Hi and Happy to you all, this is such a great thread, so uplifting and positive. thanks and God bless you, Kathy

• lhuntzinger4131
    lhuntzinger4131 Member Posts: 6

Too  funny! Thanks for the laugh!

• Meece

Mine comes from what little children call me when they cannot pronounce my name.  I also had a neighbor when growing up and he called me by this name in a little rhyme. 

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

my first name and year I was born...not very creative at all.....

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

just my name

• carolinachick
    carolinachick Member Posts: 135

Where I live and what I am...I'm planning on being a chick until I'm at least 80.  Then I might change my name to Carolinahen.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045

I read this thread everyday and now I guess that it is time that I posted..... you guys have gotten me through many down days.  Things are now looking better for me as I will now be able to participate in the high risk screening (Mammogram and MRI yearly) program through a consultation with a Genetic Counselor. I was told by 2 oncologists that I did not need chemo even though I am TN, and was already refused my request for an MRI.

I only need to think of Elimar's departure from her last Rad Tx to get me giggling and then the whole cheeto episode was great.... Thanks. You guys are great!

My name comes from the first name initial of my family (husband, me, 3 daughters).  My real name is Mary Louise.

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

I'm very uncreative.  My name comes from the first three letters of my first name and first three letters of my married last name.  HOW ORIGINAL!

I too enjoy reading this thread especially the cheetos and even more the thin mint cookies - frozen of course!

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

Oh - I forgot to add, the top of my list on this thread is the whiskey milk shakes.  Yum, Yum.  Sounds so much better than the Cabernet I'm having with dinner right now.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045

Also liked the "storing treats in a frozen broccoli bag" trick.  I will definitely be doing that!!!  Not sure if it was on this thread though, but I think it was.

• Meece

If it had to do with treats and endulgences, it was probably this thread.

• smithlme
    smithlme Member Posts: 383

Mine is my maiden name, L for Linda, M for my middle name and with an E...Me. I know...lame! Meece, I noticed you mentioned going to "The Commissary" on a thread. Where are you located? I am visiting my son at Camp Pendleton.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Welcome gillyone and famkj!   Both of you both got your diagnosis in June last year, just like I did...such a poor way to spend a summer.  Glad you finally came to post.  Was it that inviting looking pizza we had last night?  While I love all the "regulars" on this thread, I'm always hoping that it doesn't appear too "insider" so that anyone else can't jump right in at any time.  Hint, hint, some of you other lurkers out there.

My screen name?  Every letter insures my anonymous reality, enjoying laughs involving much amusing rhetoric.  Evil Lizards Invite Mass Alien Response.  Nope, I just can't seem to make it very interesting at all.

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

The "hide the treats in the frozen broccoli bag" was my idea, and it was indeed on this thread. My husband might be a bigger chocoholic than I am, so over the years I've had to develop more and more complex strategies if I wanted even a single Thin Mint. I used to just hide things in the vegetable crisper in the refrigerator - he was beaten with vegetables as a child, I think - but after about five years he caught on and I've had to come up with new ideas.

"Kleenex" was my nickname in middle school that my best friend and I used in little notes to each other. It's a phonetic combination of my first and maiden names. It was appropriate to revive for breastcancer.org due to the large number of Kleenex I've used up since the initial shock of my diagnosis wore off!

• chrisct
    chrisct Member Posts: 310

How did you know I was lurking? 

My screen name is unimaginative  - name and state - mostly so I would be able to remember what it was - chemobrain.