Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,986
    Options

Love the picture, Wonderland. I have that same picture with me in the foreground!

I did get my appointments set up, but got a letter from the clinic that the PA I've been seeing (and whom I very much like) will be leaving March 8th!!! So.....I am not only sad about that, but wonder who the results should be sent to and who I should see for any follow-up, and in the future. Maddening!!

No exercise for me. I gave a talk about Abraham Lincoln at our restored 1883 County Courthouse this afternoon, and now I'm watching the Super Bowl (and reading a book since I'm neutral).

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,759
    Options

Ruth: Sorry your PA is leaving. Starting all over again with someone else isn't easy. How was your talk?

I had my annual mammo this morning and will get results tomorrow. Last week I had a bone density test. My results have always been very good and I know how fortunate I am for that. My gyno advised me years ago to start taking taking Vitamin D but I never have. I'm curious if any of you do and if so, how much. I seem to remember 1000 IU was her recommendation.

Walked early this afternoon before the rains arrives later today.

• ruthbru
    Options

My talk went well. I tell about the 'real' person instead of just dates & timelines, so it is fun.

I take 2 Viactiv chews a day. They have calcium and Vitamins D & K. (Calcium to maintain the bones, K helps with the formation of bone proteins, D boasts calcium absorption.) I have my mammo, DEXA, and a colonscopy all coming up in March, so I need to message my PA and ask her who the results should be sent too. Dang!!!!

I went to Zumba this morning, had a dentist appointment, ran some errands, and then picked up about a million twigs in my backyard (it was a beautiful day & the ice is finally melted). I just got done ordering an album for all the wedding pictures. DS & DIL gave us a lovely book full of pictures for Christmas, but I still have ones I took, or friends took, that I want to put all in one place. I will go to Pound in a few minutes.

• wonderland
    Options

I took Viactiv many years ago but stopped bc it upset my stomach. I'm on Eliquis the blood thinner and Vitamin K doesn't interfere with it like other blood thinners. I may get some Viactiv and try it again.

Ruth - Your March sounds like my February with appointments. I know Karen has a lot of appointments also. Tomorrow I have an appointment with an electrophysiologist. It's been 49 days since my last episode of afib and I hope he says just keep taking your meds.

I know you had fun creating the wedding album. I made one just for me and I love it.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,510
    Options

Wonder and Ruth - I had a baseline bone density soon after starting AIs and finishing chemo and if I remember correctly, I was osteopenic. I was having DEXA scans annually while on AIs. A year later, I dropped to osteoporosis so I was put on Actonel. I stayed on it till I quit the AIs as I believe my bone density improved back to osteopenic. After going off AIs, DEXA scans are every 2 years. A few years later, my bone density decline to osteoporosis. My PCP did not want me on bisphosphonates at the time as she felt that you can only take them for 10 years, and I had already been on them for over 3 years. She said she rather have me on them in my 70s (she was optimistic). Well my bone density kept declining so in 2018 oncologist wanted to put me on Zometa but I was unsure as i did not want be in the infusion room. Well in 2019 I was diagnosed with Stage 3 CKD so Zometa got taken off the table and I started on Prolia. Now since the MM diagnosis, I'm on Zometa but a lower dose as it is hard on the kidneys. The Prolia after 2 years improved my bone density but I'm still osteoporosis. Two more years later, it has stayed stable. I've been taking Vitamin D 1000IU/day for several years and I was takin Calcium till last spring when diagnosed with primary hyperparathyroidism and had to stop as my calcium was too high. Since surgery I'm back on 3000/mg day - the surgeon has me taking Tums 3 times/day till I see the endocrinologist the end of the month which will be 6 weeks post surgery. my CA is a little elevated but not concerning. I also take a B complex and magnesium.

I see my Hematologist tomorrow so it will be interesting to see what he says about the calcium. He ran some labs that I have not seen before specific to the MM and I'm not sure what they mean, but mot labs are more or less stable - at least I think. I've been really stressed about the labs since they were drawn and the appointment.

The person who schedules the float team texted me today to see how I'm doing an if i was coming back next week or taking more time. She wanted to be sure that i'm doing okay. Other than being tired, I'm okay. I got up at 6:15 this morning and fell asleep for an hour at 10.

Starting after spring break I will be covering a maternity leave at a MS/HS. I've been spoiled with short commutes this year but this is 25 minutes an the hours are 8-4 or 8:15 to 4:15. I don't like these hours. I much preferred 7-3. When I go back next week, I'll be (hopefully) working on special projects.

Wednesday morning we leave to see our granddaughter and er parents, We get back in the morning on President's DAy. Then I have the 20th to recuperate and I go back on the 21st. I'll have been off 5 weeks.

• coffeelatte
    coffeelatte Member Posts: 109
    Options

wonderland, I love your photos of the Biltmore house. I have never been there, but I’ve heard so many wonderful things about the tour. I think my husband and I should plan a few days and head south to see it. Looks like a lot of fun and I would imagine a lot of walking. Over 200 rooms in a home is more than I can get my head around. And I like the idea of going to the rooftop. I’d like to learn all I could about the house. It just looks so impressive.

• ruthbru
    Options

One of the two times we went was at Christmas. They go all out on the decorations, so it was even more fabulous than usual!

I am excited for your visit to see your granddaughter, Karen!

I'm washing clothes and making a meal for DH's friend whose wife has ALS. The main course is a spaghetti casserole. It would have been done by now except I got the water boiling, set the timer, but forgot to put in the noodles!

Zumba and Yoga tonight.

• karen1956
    Options

My MM labs are stable more or less, but Hematologist makes point of saying I still have MM. He is concerned that my calcium is little elevated and wants me to contact the endocrinologist before my appointment in 2 weeks. Surgeon said to take the calcium until I see her. I will message her through the patient portal. I know she won't be concerned with the number. Different specialties, different points of view. I'm still tired and have been for some time, but more since surgery. He recommended that I talk to my PCP about a sleep study. I had to opportunity to do it this afternoon as I got into the doctor for a sinus infection. After we were done regarding the sinus infection, PCP asked if he could do anything else for me (first time I've ever seen this doctor and he is retiring beginning of April). So I brought up what Hematologist suggested and asked if there is anyone they recommend. PCP said that they now do sleep studies at home. He had me complete this survey and my score was high enough to warrant a sleep study. So he is going to order a home sleep study!

My husband asked me jokingly if I wonder what the next problem will be! I told him that I'm tired (pun intended) of the whole thing!! DH worries about me being tired and my stamina. I can no longer walk as fast as I used to - about 16-17 minute/mile - now I'm closer to 20 minute/mile.

I got my release to return to work on the 21st and it includes 10# weight restrictions and no strenuous activity till February 27 - that is 6 weeks post surgery. I thought it ended today. DH asked me if I wanted to take more time off work and I said that is only a week after I go back, but only 3 or 4 work days. I'll figure out my backpack with my computer for those few days.

We leave in the morning to see our granddaughter and her parents - I will pick her up and hold her. I'll let DH take care of my carry-on to put in the overhead bin. It is going to be cold in Toronto and since I get cold so easily, I'm taking my snow pants for warmth and wearing my boots - also have a few extra layers for under my coat. The cold in Toronto is so different than Denver due to the humidity/dampness - the cold just goes through you!

• ruthbru
    Options

Enjoy every moment with your grand-baby, Karen!

• wonderland
    edited February 14
    Options

Karen: Thank-you for describing your osteopenia and osteoporosis history. Glad you saw your pcp today got medicine for a sinus infection before you leave tomorrow. Never heard of a home sleep test - my dh has had a couple of sleep tests in the hospital but this sounds so much better. Safe travels to you and your dh and have a fabulous time with your precious granddaughter!

Coffee: Biltmore House is definitely worth a visit! An interesting fact about Mr. and Mrs. Vanderbilt is that they had tickets to travel on the Titanic but decided they wanted to get home so they left earlier on another ship. Unfortunately one of their servants did travel on the Titanic. The decision to leave earlier didn't give the Vanderbilts enough time to pack all their luggage. They sent the rest of their belongings with a servant who had passage on the Titanic and unfortunately died.

Ruth: how nice of you to make a meal for your friend. You're lucky all the water didn't boil out lol.

Got my mammo results back. Bi-rads 1. Yay!

Meet with the electrophysiologist today. He's adding another medication and in a month I go back to get a heart monitor to wear for 2 weeks to see what's going on. I feel good so I'm trying not to worry. Came home after the appointment and immediately stress ate potato chips 🤣

• karen1956
    Options

We are planning to take Uber to the airport. Uber is supposed to be striking today as well as Lyft, Uber Eats and Door Dash. If we can't take Uber because no drivers are available we'll drive to the airport and pay to park. Two hours till we need to head to the airport. The countdown is on till I get to love on my granddaughter. Our daughter will pick us up at the airport and I get to sit in the back seat next to her:) Can you believe she will be 9 months on Friday!

Happy V day to all who celebrate. To me its just Wednesday, another day of the week!

• ruthbru
    Options

Karen, you will be celebrating Valentines Day in the very best way.....by being with the people you love! Safe travels!

• ruthbru
    edited February 14
    Options

Happy Valentines Day from the Wednesday Walking Women!

• ruthbru
    Options

I took a walk with DH & Bruno this morning & went to Dance2fit tonight; where we had a post-Valentines Day dance party.

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 851
    Options

Hi all

I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted…nearly two weeks, just caught up with all the messages.

Wanted to recommend a book I read last summer for those who like Ashville/Biltmore: The Wedding Veil by Karen Woodson Harvey…there are a couple of very similar titled books but this one is in part about Biltmore.

Had my annual Mammo this morning and like Wonderland, got a BiRads-1…wow, I have been happy with BR2, so not sure if there really is any change rather than the new radiologist categorizing it slightly differently. I only have one side …still haven't found a way to convince them of a quantity discount😉

Safe travels Karen and…if you can take another week off, why not! Hopefully your spring break comes soon.

Here is SE Virginia we are already having daffodils coming up…the early ones better be hearty as we do expect some low temps Sun/Mon…but spring is coming earlier for us, used to be mid-March, now definitely late Feb/early March.

I am three weeks until my Spring Break, can't wait.

School has been really busy, no my goal of 5 days at the gym has been more like 2 or 3 and have increased the walking in between.

Happy long weekend for those who get it and a late happy v'day. TT

• wonderland
    Options

TT: I saw the Hallmark movie based on the book but I don't think the movie setting was in Asheville. Cute movie and I expect to book is just as good.

Karen: Hope you're having a fabulous time!

Ruth: Love the WWW Valentine picture.

Ruth, did you finish your photo book? I started my journey of making my books. Remember that I sent over 900 photos that covered almost 30 years to be digitized. I decided to spread the pictures over 3 photo books. Yesterday I started the process with a little over 300 pictures for the first book. Completed it this morning and submitted my project. Hope to get it back in a week or to. I definitely have been reliving my past!

Met a friend for a short walk yesterday. Walked this afternoon.

• ruthbru
    Options

No, I haven't completed my photo album. I have a couple other things going on, so I am just getting organized at the moment.

I walked with 'the boys' (DH & Bruno) again. We had DS, DIL, one of their friends and all of their dogs over for dinner tonight (if you're counting, that's 5 people and 6 dogs). Thankfully they left by 9:00 so I could get everything cleaned up and put away before I crashed!

Congratulations on the good mammograms, TT & Wonderland. Mine comes up in March.

• ruthbru
    Options

I walked & went to Yoga yesterday. Today I plan on more Yoga & Pound today.

• wonderland
    Options

TT: Somehow I missed your mammo results. Congratulations!

Ruth: You were outnumbered by the dogs!

Karen: Hope you're having a great time!

Ds came home yesterday. We went to see the touring production of the play Hadestown. OMG it was so good! If it comes near you I highly recommend seeing it.

Haven't exercised. Will this week.

• ruthbru
    Options

Tomorrow, two friends & I fly down to Florida to spend the week with another friend who has a condo there. We have been friends for 49 years & this is our annual reunion. So my exercise will be walking on the beach every morning & swimming in a pool in the afternoon!!

• trmtab
    Options

Safe travels Ruth!

Always enjoy your pics from your beach walks, hope the weather is not rainy like it was for Daytona this past weekend…not that racing means anything to me!

Went to the gym yesterday and got to yoga at lunchtime…it will just be walking for me until Friday.

Happy President's Day, TT

• wonderland
    Options

Ruth: Have a fun safe trip!

This is my week to go to the dentist. Today I had a consult with a periodontist to see if I was a good candidate for an implant to replace the tooth I had extracted in November. He said I was in good shape to have one. Tomorrow I go to my regular dentist to have a filling to replace an old filling that fell out. I was lucky that the periodontist had a cancellation this Thursday so back I go to start the implant process.

My ds is still visiting so he came with me on my walk.

• karen1956
    edited February 20
    Options

1pm - update. Saw the doctor - I have Influenza A. Doctor Rx tamiflu and I'm off work another week. Now I go back on 02/28. Geeze, I'm tired of it all - seems like I just can't get a break!! Just when I started feeling good from the surgery, sinus infection and now this! Work is understanding. It turns out the person I'm covering for isn't leaving till 03/01 so no urgency. I'll try to connect with her on the 28th.

We had a fantastic time with our granddaughter and kids. The baby turned 9 months while we were there. She has so much personality. Lots and lots of pictures. Weather was bitter cold in Toronto and snowed on Thursday. At night put my snow pants on to walk to stay warm.

Started getting sick again on Saturday - hacking away all day and not feeling good - worse each day. By yesterday afternoon running a fever. No fever so far this morning. Talked to the doctor later afternoon and he said to come in today. Waiting till office opens shortly to call. Coughing hurts, nose is running, head hurts when I cough. And I'm still on antibiotics. Today is day 8.

Tomorrow is back to work. Hope I feel decent. I have a 7:30 dental appointment that has been on the calendar for 4 months so will be arriving later to the school.

Nice weather in Denver - in the 60s today.

• ruthbru
    Options

Glad you had fun with your granddaughter, Karen. So many milestones that come so quickly at that age. Hope your doctor appointment was helpful. It's hard to start at a new school when you don't feel 100%.

We had a long, but very smooth travel day. Lots of walking around airports. We got to our friend's condo about 5:00 & spent the evening eating appetizers and catching up. Since we travelers were up at 2:30 am, we are calling it a night fairly early. I will send a 'walk on the beach' picture tomorrow!

• coffeelatte
    coffeelatte Member Posts: 109
    Options

Good to catch up on the posts. Karen, you really can’t catch a break with sinus and now influenza. You will probably feel so much better in a few days. It is good you got right in to the doctor. You eat so well and exercise a lot outside I would think you will kick all this winter icky stuff to the curb. I think it is wonderful how much you walk.

Ruth I hope you have a great week on your girls trip. It sounds like a lot of fun to be with friends with whom you share a rich history. I too look forward to the vacation photos.

Wonderland it is great you are a candidate for an implant. It saves wear and tear on the other teeth being able to skip a bridge. I have had an implant for a lower molar since 1997. I am so very glad I did it. I have a friend who just had an entire set of upper and lower implants. All her teeth were getting really loose from a teenage car accident so she opted to have all her teeth pulled and a set of implants placed. She just got her final implants placed in her mouth and she is so pleased. I’ll tell you they’ve come along way since I had my implant in 1997. They look so beautiful. You’ll be very happy.

not much exercise for me the last two days. I was doing some legwork on Sunday and one of the exercises was toe raises. So I haven’t done them in a long time and I ended up doing 40 which was far too many for my weak ankles. So now I have a swollen, cranky ankle keeping me from standing too much. I hope to get back to some walking tomorrow. But I’m not going to push it, if I have to I’ll just ride my stationary bike. Besides, our air quality today has been terrible in the Midwest. I tend to get more respiratory problems if I exercise too much outside when the air quality is in the 60s and above. It’s just too much particulate for me.

Well, I’m going to do some upper body work with my weights. I’ve actually moved from 2 pounds to three and sometimes 4 pounds. I’m feeling so proud of myself. I can’t see any difference but I’m pleased that I’m able to lift more weight. It actually helped me yesterday when I was carrying groceries to the car. Normally I wouldn’t of lifted the bags and would keep them in a cart but yesterday I carried one in each hand. That is progress. Hope everybody has a good week and keeps moving.

• wonderland
    Options

Karen: Oh no! I am so sorry you have the flu. Hope the tamiflu is making a huge difference for you. Thankful you got to visit with your precious granddaughter. Take care and gets lots of rest. (((Hugs)))

Ruth: Looking forward to pictures. Have a great time!

coffeelatte: That is amazing about your friend and her implants. She must feel like a different person. Yikes on your swollen ankle. Hope it's improving. WTG in your strength building!

Stayed up late last night working on another photo album. Now I only have one more to make. I'll wait until there is another code for 50% off and hopefully free shipping. Each album has a little over 300 pictures but I stay very focused until it's finished.

Went on a shorter walk than usual today bc I finished the photo album this morning and I was still wired from staying up late last night. This evening dh and went to dinner with friends we haven't seen in 9 years. It was so nice to catch up with them.

• ruthbru
    Options

My friend Kathy and I for an early morning beach walk (the other two weren't up yet)

This, I think, is a palm tree that must have been brought to shore by a huge storm.

• ruthbru
    Options

Hope you are feeling better, Karen.

Good job on the weights, coffeelatte, and on the photo album, Wonderland.

I got 12,000 steps with the beach walk, and another walk around the beautiful development where my friend lives. It is good I got all that walking done during the day because tonight we started watching a series called 'Hijacked', which was so suspenseful that we spent the whole evening binge watching the first four (of 7) episodes!

• trmtab
    Options

Wow, great pictures Ruth…so nice to see you in those warm climate scenes!

Take care Karen, actual flu is no joke. We have all been focused on COVID for so long, but "regular" flu is a free kick in the a..

Coffeelatte - 2 lbs to 3 or4 definitely IS progress and strength training. I take a yoga sculpt class, yoga with weights, the class is 75 minutes and I am always kidded about taking the 2 lb weights…but 30 minutes into the class…everyone is swapping their heavier weights for lighter ones. It is amazing what a difference 2 or 3 lbs make!

Very busy at school, so will only get to the gym 3 times this week, but am walking extra the other days.

Take care everyone, TT

• karen1956
    Options

This Flu is kicking my you know what! No energy, coughing that has bruised my ribs and now is going through to my back. Lethargic and no motivation to do anything. Yesterday, DH and I managed two walks around the block, 10 minutes each which took everything out of us. I cooked dinner and that was the extent of my being productive. I'm tired of being sick - it's been a long 5+ weeks since the parathyroidectomy. When I go back to work next Wednesday I'll been off work 6 works. I didn't even take this much time off for my mastectomy or chemo. That last time (and only time) I took this much time off work was when I had my youngest daughter and I took the last 3 months of the school year off. She is turning 26 next month!!! Where has the time gone. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel the least bit guilty for taking the time.

I'm covering a school starting the beginning of March till spring break and then after spring break a different school till the end of the school year. I did email both schools to set up meetings for next W and Th to meet and greet and learn about the schools and the providers roles. I didn't want to wait to last minute, like the day I return. No more emails. At both schools I know one or two staff. The elementary school, I know the music teacher and one of the team lead - I worked with the team lead many years ago when she was my AP. At the other school, I know the principal. I covered at another school where he was principal - great guy.

Was marking my fridge calendar with appointments and notice my last team meeting, end of the year celebration is my granddaughter's first birthday - I guess I'll be missing it as I plan on calling in sick the day before and day of my granddaughter's first birthday to be with the kids and her to celebrate turning one. Do I feel guilty - NOPE, but I do feel a little bad. But family comes first. Of course, I'm not telling anyone I'm going to call in sick.

Weather is a lot cooler today, gray, cloudy and maybe rain

I looked at the EOB for my hospital stay, surgery, surgeon and anesthesiologist. My cost was a big fat ZERO! The total cost was close to $140K. I'm so lucky my Advantage plan is so good. I'm waiting for them to approve my sleep study. Since I've had the plan I've only paid for Rx.

Have a great Thursday.