Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,986
    edited February 22
    Options

Hope you are starting to feel better, Karen. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

My phone is not letting me send pictures today!

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,510
    Options

It's Friday and another week is done. Hard to believe that next Friday is March 1st! Next week is back to work for me and that will be good. It will be a hard week as that is when the MM nightmare began. Formal Dx day is 03/01 as that is when I had the BMB. I need my PCP to complete the return to work form and turn it in to HR by Tuesday.

I hope I'm feeling good on Wednesday. I've taken 6 weeks FMLA, but it will almost be 7 weeks since my last work day when I go back next Wednesday. My last work day was Thursday 01/11, before MLK week-end.

This morning I was feeling fairly decent, as I told my girls I was feeling half human. After the grocery store and an appointment I was wiped out, ready to fall asleep. Went for a short walk with DH and that helped. Just don't have the stamina. Even though my labs are decent, my DH keeps reminding me that it now takes me longer to rebound from being sick or anything to heal.

Sometimes I wonder if it's smart to tidy things up and put them away. I have several adult coloring books, colored pencils and markers. I put them away. When we were traveling in December, I couldn't find them anywhere, so I had to buy a new coloring book and pkg of pencils. There weren't anywhere I looked. Yesterday afternoon, I looked in a Rubbermaid container that is under my late mother's tea cart that is in my office/spare bedroom. The container wasn't hidden, but in plain view. I take it out and low and behold what do I find!!! Not sure why I overlooked that container, but I was pleased to find it. My husband said that's why many people keep an organized mess as they know where eveything is. I guess I need to write down where I put stuff - but best not on paper but in the "note" app on my phone so I can find it. Paper, I'm sure I wouldn't remember where I put it.

Ruth - hope you are having good weather in FL and having a wonderful girls getaway.

• ruthbru
    Options

Karen, the above is for all of us of a certain age! Yesterday, one of my friends was frantically looking for her sunglasses, which were perched on the top of her head, then the two of us who were sitting in the backsit of the car couldn't figure out why we couldn't make the windows go down, only to realize later we were pressing the seat warmers! It also took us about 10 minutes to get out of a gate which combination is 1-2-4 (the secret is to then turn a knob to the left....which was not part of the instructions). Yikes!

• ruthbru
    Options

Here's my view every morning when I walk down the path for my beach walk.

• ruthbru
    Options

And sunset over the Inner Costal

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,759
    Options

Ruth: Fabulous pictures! I know you are enjoying every minute of it. I had to laugh when you described your back seat experience in the car and the gate experience! I can almost hear those conversations now.

Karen: Sounds like your energy is slowly coming back. I know it will be a hard week for you, especially March 1. I will tear my house apart looking for something I misplaced. I've even gotten trash back out of the trash can to go through it just in case whatever I'm looking for fell in a trash can and I didn't know it.

Yesterday I got my tooth implant. All went well. Just a little blood and soreness last night. Now I wait a few months until I get a crown. Today I visited a friend who lives 2 hours away. Her husband is bedridden from a muscular disease and luckily my friend has the means to have a home health agency help her for several hours every day. There's no way she can do what is needed by herself.

• ruthbru
    Options

I walked on the beach this morning. In the afternoon, we went to the Elliott Museum, which covers the history of transportation in one wing, and some Florida history on the second floor. The other wing on the ground level hosts traveling exhibits. Right now, the exhibit is In Celebration of King Tut. Fabulous!

• ruthbru
    Options

I did another beach walk this morning & just now got done with an afternoon walk around the gated community. Tomorrow I'll be walking around the Kennedy Space Center, which should be very interesting!

• karen1956
    Options

Slowly feeling a bit better but not where I need/want to be. We went to see the Bob Marley movie at 1:00pm and I had to fight staying awake during part of it. We enjoyed the movie.

Tomorrow and Tuesday I want to run a couple quick errands as well as get my hair cut and get a manicure. If I don't get it done, there is always Friday. i had no motivation today to run any errands. Need to return cheese at Costco that is getting molded and go to the bank, really not much running around.

Hopefully Wednesday and Thursday will be easy days at work. I meeting with the people I'll be covering for, one on W and one on Th. I need to go through 6 week of emails and will try to learn about the kiddos I'll be working with and catch up on my book for book study.

Wednesday afternoon I see the endocrinologist, 6 weeks post surgery. We will figure out if I con't on calcium. Thursday I have labs for my Nephrologist which includes calcium and PTH. My dentist appointment still needs to be rescheduled as I cancelled it when I found out I had the flu.

Great pictures Ruth.

• wonderland
    Options

Ruth: I saw the Tut Exhibit in San Francisco in the late 1970s. It was breathtaking. Your pictures bring it all back to me. Looking forward to your Kennedy Space Center pictures.

Karen: You have a busy week coming up, especially with going back to work. Happy that you are starting to feel a bit better just in time for it.

Finished my 3rd and last photo book with the 944 pictures I had digitized. Each book had a little over 300 pictures in it. I still have 2 more albums that I need to have the photos digitized before I can create a book. The pictures weren't the correct size for the bulk digitizing I had done. But that's for another day!

Walked in the house today.

• ruthbru
    Options

The Kennedy Space Center was amazing. I could have easily spent another day there! Here are just a couple pictures. I've walked on the beach & around the community both today. It's gorgeous here and a snow day at home.

• karen1956
    Options

Great pictures Ruth. I've never been to the Kennedy Space Center. It sounds interesting.

Well, I'm cleared to go back to work - no longer contagious from the flu but not all the way well. I'm still tired and coughing. I got up early - about 5:45 and fell asleep in the morning and after lunch. 5:45 is not early on work days. I'll be leaving at 7:00 till spring break. After spring break, I think I won't need to leave till 7:30 but I'll find out Thursday. Tomorrow will be a short day as I need to leave at 1:15 for endocrinology appointment at 2:00. Surgeon is the one who told me to follow up with endo 6 weeks post surgery.

I sent to return to work paperwork to the pcp through the patient portal messaging on Friday. I called to follow up late morning today and they said they can't pull off the forms from there, that it needs to be emailed. I didn't want to risk it not being done, so I ran over the the office, fortunately it's only 10 minutes away and dropped off the form then picked it up after 4. It was around 5 when I scanned it to the HR person.

It is COLD today in Denver. We got 2" snow. High I think was 25 so it will be snow pants for my walk tonight. Tomorrow it will be 50.

• ruthbru
    edited February 29
    Options

Karen, I hope your first day back went okay.

Another beach walk today. I will hopefully get another one in tomorrow before we head for home.

• wonderland
    Options

Karen: I also hope today was an easy one for you.

Ruth: I've never been to the Kennedy Space Center and now I want to go.

Not a good weather day. Walked in the house.

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 851
    Options

Happy Leap Day all…

DH has been to Kennedy twice when coming with me on business trips to Orlando area…he loves it, but I haven't been.

70+ yesterday, only 49/50 today…the winter is "breaking" with warm spurts that are as yet unsustainable…although no one told the daffodils as they are blooming!

Will get to gym 4 times this week, one more week until spring break so next week is crazy with mid-terms and hoping to finish stuff up before break. TT

• ruthbru
    Options

Went on a sunrise walk on the beach this morbing, now at the airport getting ready to board.

• snm
    snm Member Posts: 85
    Options

What a beautiful pic of the sunrise! Played some easy going tennis w friends - luv feeling the positive energy!

• karen1956
    Options

Yesterday was a short first day back as I left at 1:30 for endocrinology appointment. Appointment was more or less uneventful. She still wants me on calcium - 500mg twice daily. She said for post menopausal and over 65 it's important. If my calcium levels are good, then I won't see her again - at least not till I'm done the Zometa with my Hematologist. I had labs drawn this morning for my Nephrologist and will send the results to her.

Full day today. Over the two days, I've met with staff at the school I will be covering till spring break and then the one after spring break. They will be good assignments. I'm excited for the one after spring break. Also had an interview/meeting regarding a student. It was long and intense. I was working this afternoon and saw the health of the mental health department and we got to schmooze for a few minutes. She was my SW when I first started 15 years ago. She has moved up the chain of command and is amazing. For a few years she was my manager. I told her I just came back from FMLA and she was good for you for taking the time you needed.

Now, I just need to be not so tired at the end of the work day. At least this was a short work week - 2 days, but the next 3 weeks before spring break are full work weeks for me, my regular 4 day weeks.

My insurance approved my sleep study for 2 nights. It will be done at home. The sleep center had to get an extension on the pre-approval. They are sending me the equipment on Monday and I should have it by the end of next week. The gal said to use it the night I get it and then again the next night. I'm curious what the results will be and then next steps.

Ruth - beautiful sunrise. Sounds like you had a nice girls week. I'm guessing by now you are home. Hope your weather isn't too bad. It is nice here for the next week. March is our snowiest month so time will tell what the weather will bring.

Going to get ready to walk with DH. Sweet dreams.

• ruthbru
    Options

Karen, I am watching the news right now. I hope your weather isn't as bad as the conditions I'm seeing on the TV.

I've been unpacking, going through mail, washing clothes etc. I am tired today!

• karen1956
    Options

Ruth - Denver's weather is nice low 60s today and high 60s tomorrow but windy. The mountains are getting the snow.

I'm tired too. If I sit too long, I can fall asleep.

Have a good Friday night and Saturday

• ruthbru
    edited March 3
    Options

Sleep all weekend if that's what your body needs, Karen.

I must have been tired because my fitbit says I slept for 9 hours last night! We are invited out to brunch in a few minutes, so I will do something for exercise later on today.

*edited to say that I walked around the track at my fitness center for an hour.

• wonderland
    edited March 4
    Options

Karen: Hope this week isn't too busy for you at work. Let us know how your sleep study turns out.

Ruth: Happy Birthday! Hope you did something fun and exciting to celebrate.

Today also happens to be my dd's birthday. We had lunch at a bar with several of her friends. So much fun!

• ruthbru
    edited March 4
    Options

Happy Birthday to DD, Wonderland! DS & DIL took us out for a nice, long lunch and gave me a big bag of thoughtful, clever presents. DH gave me several gift certificates; and Bruno gave me one to his favorite coffee shop (where they give him pup cups if I drive through & order something). It started to snow & get really windy mid-afternoon, so I've spent the rest of the day reading a book and relaxing! Tomorrow I will be back to my regular routine.

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 851
    Options

Happy Birthday Ruth…and beautiful sunrise pic.

Well, my DH tested positive for COVID on Thursday evening last week…so since my last post I have been sleeping on the family room couch and trying to stay well. I have tested several times and remain negative.

The weather here in southern Virginia is currently a 10 day string of cool mornings (30s-40) and 60-65 degree days…really just perfect!

One week until Spring Break at school, lots to do, but also the promise of being able to catch up next week.

Got to the gym 4 days last week, this week looks about the same…really prefer to go 5 days a week, but there are only so many hours in the day…when I have to take mom to a Dr appt, adding that to my day is usually at the expense of the gym…so try to up the walking.

We vote tomorrow in Super Tuesday…which doesn't seem very Super this year, except that my mom does get another chance to vote and that is making her day. We are at the point of celebrating all the small stuff, Yeah - made it to March!, Yeah - get to vote again. It is actually both a very sad time and a time of mindfully being grateful for the small stuff.

Happy Monday everyone! TT

• ruthbru
    Options

TT, hope you can stay well, and that DH doesn't get too sick.

Glad your mom gets another vote; and yes, celebrate all the 'small stuff'……that's whats most important in the end.

I went to Zumba this morning, spent 3 hours running errands etc. I still have stacks of 'catch up' to do, but am making a dent. I think I will go back for Pound this evening.

• ruthbru
    Options
  • wonderland
    Options

Ruth: Bruno gives the best gifts!

TT: Sorry your dh has covid. Hopefully your distancing will keep it away from you especially since next week is Spring Break.

Karen: Thinking of you.

Walked this afternoon. Last month I added another drug to my afib medications bc ventricular tachycardia was detected when I wore the heart monitor. I don't like the side effects I'm experiencing and plan to call to see if it can be lowered. Stupid afib. Stupid cancer. Thanks for listening!

• ruthbru
    Options

Darn, wonderland! Definitely call the doctor & keep on them. You shouldn't have to put up with creepy side effects!

• ruthbru
    Options

A snowy day here. I will go to Zumba & Yoga tonight.

• ruthbru
    Options

Here's the Wednesday Walking Women picture. The other gal in the boa and I had birthdays this week!