Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,759
    Options

Ruth: looks like you have some new members in the WWW. Great picture!

The doctor's nurse returned my call that I made explaining about the new medicine's side effects on me. She sounded pretty confident that the doctor will lower my dose and I should hear back from her soon.

Dh and I were in charge of the Red Cross blood drive at our church today. The Red Cross sets the schedule and this time there were 22 appointments available. Only 13 had pre-registered and we had 1 walk-in. In the last 2 weeks there had been a lot of blood drives in the area and I think that contributed to the low response. Also, blood donations in general are down. But they are happy with every unit they can get.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,990
    Options

Hopefully you will here back from the nurse before the weekend, Wonderland.

I am up bright and early, sitting here waiting to be called in for a mammogram, DEXA scan, followed by a doctor appointment (pre-op for my upcoming colonoscopy). The fun never ends.....ha! I plan on Dance2fit & Yoga tonight.

Karen, I hope your week is going okay.

• wonderland
    Options

Ruth: Hope all went well this morning.

Karen: How has your week been?

I stopped that medication yesterday and feeling better today. Walked this afternoon and it felt great - not out of breath like I had been.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,513
    Options

Work was good - I like the school I am covering till spring break, the staff is great and I know a few from another school years ago. One of the paras is my neighbor who sees DH and I walking. But, I'm exhausted when I get home. The other night I fell asleep before 9 on the sofa.

Sunday, I need to spend the day getting ready for PD I'm co-facilitating on Tuesday. I've done it a few times before but I'm rusty.

I did the sleep study Tuesday and Wednesday night - need to send the device back today. The device was connect to my phone by bluetooth and an app. I can't see any data - but evidently a report will get sent to my pcp. I would really like to get a copy of the data.

Cold, damp and wet snow today - probably won't get much.

Need to eat breakfast and get busy with errands etc. Have a great Friday.

• ruthbru
    Options

Glad you like your school, Karen, and I would be surprised if you weren't tired out at the end of the day! It will be interesting to see what the sleep study says.

Glad you are feeling better, Wonderland!

A friend took me out for a belated birthday lunch today, and I am invited over to another friend's house tonight to celebrate HER birthday. I'm not going to fit into my pants by the time all of the celebrating is done! I just got back from a long walk with DH & Bruno. It is cool but sunny here.

*my tests went fine but I won't get results for about a week.

• ruthbru
    Options

Yoga yesterday & Barre/Pound today.

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 851
    Options

Spring break here in VA…by Wed-Friday we are looking at temps in the low 70's!

Will be able to get to the gym 6 days this week…that should help with my "spring forward"! TT

• ruthbru
    Options

Enjoy your break, TT!

Beautiful & 60 here. I took a walk with Bruno & DH. I will go to Pound tonight. Last year at this time we had 4 feet of snow. Crazy!

• wonderland
    Options

TT: Happy Spring Break!

Karen: My dh needs to have another sleep study and I told him about your home one. He wants to discuss it with his pcp. I'm sure you're curious about your results.

Ruth: Great picture. It's 60 degrees here also. Will get close to 80 on Thursday.

On Saturday I went with a friend of mine to see the musical "Six" about King Henry's 6 wives. It was crazy fun!

Yesterday I walked and even did an hour of chair yoga. It was at my church so I guess it should be called pew yoga lol. It was all sitting or standing, nothing on the floor (thank goodness). Really felt good afterwards.

Walked today.

• ruthbru
    Options

Walked with the dog again & will go to Zumba and Yoga.

• karen1956
    Options

The weather forecasters have been talking snow for later this week for a few days. On the 6pm news, the weather forecaster said 9 - 18" Wednesday night through Friday morning with business and school closures. It will start as rain. I'm hoping that it will be enough snow for a Thursday closure - it will mess things up as my monthly team meeting is that day as is our book study for our growth objectives and I have an IEP meeting - all will need to be rescheduled. Next week is the last week before spring break so not much time to reschedule. I'll be disappointed if there is school on Thursday then not on Friday as then I miss a snow day! I know earlier in the year we have a "cold" day, but it might have been when I was on leave - or maybe just before.

The training went well today. I've co-facilitated this training in person at least 3 times and virtual twice but I was nervous till last night. I watch a couple videos of the training by the two authors and was like, wow! I remember this!!! Also, the co-worker I presented with, we make a good team.

Still waiting on the sleep study results. I need to call and ask how long it takes as I never asked. They should have gotten the device in the mail yesterday with the consent and other paperwork. Last night I got into bed at 10:30 and woke up 3 times before 5:00am. I wake up tired and by mid afternoon, I exhausted. Then after dinner I sit down and start to fall asleep so I asked DH if we could walk right after dinner instead of waiting half hour or so.

Going to go read or color so I'm not on the computer till bed time.

• wonderland
    Options

Karen: Glad that your training went well today. That's great that your co-worker and you work well together. Stay safe in the snow.

Walked this morning bc I had 3 meetings this afternoon. One was to have our taxes prepared. Ugh. Glad that's over for another year.

• trmtab
    Options

Thanks for mentioning taxes…I do our taxes, and did them early and put them away (as we owe)…but I need to dig them up and look at them with fresh eyes for a final review and send off. Since I teach economics and math, I am the weird one who likes taxes like a math puzzle! …oh, I was a Mathlete in Jr high/high school, I guess that explains a lot…and one final math fun item, tomorrow is Pi(e) Day = 3.14.

It is Spring Break, so I have been working 2-4 hrs a day to get ahead on a few projects, but really enjoying life on a PT work schedule. More time with my mother, able to go to the gym everyday…my school doesn't allow you to move from FT to PT without a minimum 6 months hiatus. I think I would work for several more years if I could go PT.

Be careful in your crazy snow storm Karen. We are in a stretch of 70+ degree days, we won't see the high 50's until next week. TT

• ruthbru
    Options

PT would definitely give you a better work/life balance, TT! Good luck with trying to figure it out!

Here's the Wednesday Walking Women rocking a beach theme. I am sharing our breakfast picture because some walked outside & some walked inside this morning.

• karen1956
    Options

Well…the snow is on its way. It has already started snowing. They keep uping the snow totals predicted. Now 10-20 inches is predicted for Denver and more for the foothills. My school district texted everyone at 2:45 saying schools/administration etc are closed tomorrow. Thankful they didn't wait till 10pm!! All the metro area school districts are closed tomorrow. I"m guessing schools will be closed on Friday as well. The last snow day was the day of my surgery - I think it was more due to temperatures than snow!! I wonder if they docked me sick time, but then again I don't care enough to check. I'm sure we will be doing lots of shoveling the driveway and side walk tomorrow. If the snow starts before we go to bed, we'll shovel, but DH thinks it will start later at night. The weather forecast even made the national news!!!

Looking forward to sleeping in past 5am. I'm tired of waking up tired!!!

TT - my spring break is the last week of the month. Enjoy the rest of your spring break.

• ruthbru
    Options

Enjoy your snow day, Karen!

• karen1956
    Options

Winter wonderland!! These were taken about 7:00am after about 10 hours snow - snowing all day and into the night. We probably have 12" so far. It's wet heavy snow, so shoveling the driveway will be a challenge! It will take DH and I several goes at it throughout the day. Walking should be fun!!

• coffeelatte
    coffeelatte Member Posts: 109
    Options

Karen, what spectacular photos. That snow is absolutely beautiful. I think it would be fun to try and walk in it because I’m not used to walking in the snow that deep. Looks very challenging.

• ruthbru
    Options

That is a Winter Wonderland (although I am glad it is missing us!).

I just got done making some homemade vegetable soup (for dinner, after I get home from Dance2fit and Yoga). I will probably walk with the guys (DH & Bruno) when DH gets home from helping a friend with a project.

• trmtab
    edited March 15
    Options

Yikes Karen, be safe. When my mom retired to our "summer home" in the lakes region of New Hampshire, she didn't realize the snow levels come winter…that is what those pictures look like to me. The wet/heavy stuff is back breaking…or heart attack making, be kind to yourselves in the cleaning up.

Got an hours worth of walking in yesterday in the late afternoon of a beautiful, but surprisingly hot mid-70's day here in SE Virginia, off to yoga at lunchtime. TT

• ruthbru
    Options

For awhile, I have been thinking I should take some sort of weight lifting class. Well, my DEXA scan shows I have dipped into the osteopenia range (which really makes me made as you know how much I exercise!). Anyway, I tried a class called Interval Strength training this morning & will have to make sure I do some dedicated weight lifting at least twice a week from now on. I also went on a Dog Walk.

*On a happy note, my mammogram was clear. Yea & Whew……

• ruthbru
    edited March 18
    Options

Yoga & a dog walk this morning.

• wonderland
    edited March 16
    Options

Karen: Love your snow pictures! 2 winters have come and gone here with no snow. Maybe next winter…

TT: We are also having 70+ degree weather. One day it even got into the 80s.

Ruth: Oh no! Sorry about the osteopenia. You're being proactive about it.

On Wednesday I went to the doctor to have a heart monitor put on me that I wear for 2 weeks. The nurse literally sandpapers your skin to make sure the adhersive sticks. It takes 21 days to get the results back which makes it the middle of April before I know them.

Dh and I went to Chapel Hill on Thursday. Spent the night and attended a concert with ds and his gf. The Tedeschi Trucks Band is a blues rock band and they put on an amazing show! Derek Trucks was a child prodigy on the guitar. The venue was huge and the crowd was rowdy and fun.

Walked today. Cooler weather comes back next week and need to mow for the first time this year. I'm trying to psych myself up for it.

• karen1956
    Options

Yay Ruth on the mammo! I've been in the osteoporosis range for several years. I keep saying I need to do exercises for my core, but never do. From what I've been told as I've been on Prolia and Zometa, that the best is for the numbers to stay stable - that is considered good, generally you don't move up. but that wasn't the case when I was on AIs. I was osteopenic, then osteoporosis and went on Actonel and improved back to osteopenic. Stopped bisphosphonates when stopped AIs and declined to osteoporosis. Oh well, such is life.

Wonder - good luck with the heart monitor.

PCP called yesterday. Obstructive sleep apnea. He is putting in a referral for a cpap or autopap. I dread wearing one of these. I'm hoping that I can move to a mouth piece that a friend told me about, but I'll give these a try. I have to improve my sleep as I wake up tired and I'm tired throughout the day. DH said that my sleep needs to improve before I develop heart problems from lack of sleep!

Most of the snow is melted. Weather is warming to the 50s and 60s for the next week. This is my last week before spring break!!!! No plans except to sleep in past 5:00am, putter in the house, walk, read etc.

Tomorrow, I'm going to bake hamentashen for Purim which is next Sunday. My son will take some. Not mailing any to Toronto as last year it was a fortune and then my kids got charged duty.

Not much else to report.

Sweet dreams.

• wonderland
    Options

Karen: Sorry you have sleep apnea. I'm glad you're going to give one of the machines a try and I really hope it gives you a good night sleep night after night.

Walked this afternoon and then sat on my tail during a 2 hour zoom meeting.

• ruthbru
    Options

Karen, I have two good friends who use cpap machines & the quality of their sleep has improved so much , that they don't even mind the machine aspect at all (and they had dreaded them in the beginning too).

I went to Yoga this afternoon. We had some friends over for dinner. Lots of fun while they were here; but lots of work getting ready & cleaning up!

• ruthbru
    Options

;I walked with a friend this morning, and in my quest to do more weight training, tonight I will try a class called HIT (high intensity interval training), which may very possibly kill me!

• snm
    snm Member Posts: 85
    Options

Went to my first Zumba class yesterday! Highly recommend - couldnt stop smiling. Great opportunity to take up space and groove your body with other amazing women of all ages! Afrobeats and Latin music made my day!

• wonderland
    Options

Ruth: Have fun in your new class and do what you can.

snm: Good to see you again. I used to take Zumba classes and loved them. Even wore the little scarf around my waist with the shaky things on it. Good music and good moves.

Well, I mowed today. Dh is outside finishing it up. I mowed 3 times for 30 minutes each time with resting in-between. So a total of 1.5 hours. Dh used the weedeater while I mowed.The yard takes a little over 2 hours to complete with a non self propelled push mower. I've got to get my mowing muscles and stamina back up to speed! Ruth, I thought about you while I was pushing the mower up hill with all my strength - it's a strengthening workout for sure! It's been in the 50s today and partly cloudy with a breeze. Good temperature to start off the mowing season!

• ruthbru
    Options

snm, I LOVE Zumba!!

Wonderland, that is a lot of mowing!!

My class went fine; I used light weights & did the low impact version of all the moves.