Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,949
    Options

I went to Zumba last night & walked with the Wednesday Women this morning. We had a smaller group because lots of people are sick.....lots of germs are going around here.

We are in the track of some 'measurable snow'. Boo Hoo!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,754
    Options

Hope the germs stay away from you, Ruth.

Our kitchen has 2 closets. One is very tiny and desperately needs to be painted. I decided that today is the day to paint it. I removed the shelves and could barely stand in it bc it's so narrow. But I'm happy to report that my exercise today has been painting that closet and now I can mark it off my To Do List!

• ruthbru
    Options

Always good to get things marked off the list, Wonderland.

We had some wintery weather today & this weekend we are in the path of a major storm…..so, I bought a bunch of groceries & went to 3 exercise classes just in case I'm trapped in my house the rest of the week!

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

It's been a LONG 3 weeks! After 6 weeks FMLA, these were long 3 weeks getting to spring break. Since I don't work Fridays, I'm officially on spring break. We go back April 2nd. Looking forward to the time off. Want to putter in the house next week.

• ruthbru
    edited March 23
    Options

Enjoy your puttering, Karen.

It's back to winter here!

• wonderland
    Options

Have fun on your break, Karen.

Bruno! He blends right in with the snow.

Visited a friend this morning. Walked later this afternoon. Need to get my Easter menu planned so I can grocery shop early this week before it gets too crowded.

• ruthbru
    Options

I went to yoga this morning & danced around to a 30 minute Marshall Fitness session on utube. It's snowing now & the start of what might be a multi-day storm…..time will tell!`

• wonderland
    Options

Really wish we had snow. Instead Spring is here for sure! The dogwoods, redbuds, maples are starting to bloom. Daffodils, irises, and tulips are blooming. Trees are budding. As a matter of fact, my exercise today was 1.5 hours of yard work. Dug up big giant weeds that like to plant themselves in areas that are difficult to get to. Also trimmed dead limbs, etc. off the blueberry bushes and lilacs. Great day for doing this. The weather is in the high 50s, clear blue sky. I didn't even break a sweat!

Here is a picture of our cherry tree. My brother gave a little cherry twig to my dd for her birthday over 20 years ago. Look at it now!

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    Options

Got a little exercise in today. Took down my St. Patrick’s Day decorations and put up most of my Easter ones. Packed some away last year post Easter and forgot where they are.

• ruthbru
    Options

Wow, Wonderland, that is a beautiful tree!

We are at the edge of the big storm so got maybe 5 inches of snow & it's supposed to blow around tonight. Not fun, but not enough to shut things down. I went to my Pound/Barre class this afternoon & am making chili & beer bread right now.

• wonderland
    Options

Your bread sounds delicious, Ruth!

Karen: I hope you're enjoying your break.

Dh and I met my brother, his wife, my sister and her husband and my other sister for lunch today. Had the best time. Came home, took a nap, and then walked. Needed the nap but really needed the walk to wake up! Felt great outside.

• ruthbru
    Options

The storm skirted to the east of us, so we ended up in a Winter Weather Advisory. So it was an unpleasant, but manageable day. I shoveled the driveway, went to Zumba, cleaned the house & went back for that weight training class…..so I am tired out!! I'm sitting on the couch in my PJs watching college women's basketball.

• ruthbru
    Options

I went to Zumba & Yoga yesterday. Here are the Wednesday Walking Women making our own Spring!

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 845
    edited March 28
    Options

The WWW look like a basket of easter eggs in all your spring colors.

While it is pouring today, we are also in full spring in SE Virginia. This makes the third winter without measurable snow…just saw flurries one time.

Since my last post: my mother fell last Friday…off to the ER, ugh! Nothing broken, but bruised up, AFIB out of control, blood sugar in the 400 range, yikes. She was able to come home after a couple of hours of tests and poking around…and then slept like a newborn for several days.

Will get to the gym 4 times this week and am walking more in the days it isn't pouring.

Happy Easter to all who are celebrating…we are having a spiral ham 🐇, TT

• ruthbru
    Options

Yikes, TT, hope your mom is okay!

I went to the Interval Training class this morning. Surprisingly, I really like it! My brother & wife are coming through tonight on the way to see her sister & will take us out for dinner.

Guess what I am making for Easter? Nothing. When I was scheduled for a colonoscopy on April 1st, I didn't check the calendar to see that Easter is on March 31st. It is too much work to change it…….so, no ham or chocolate bunnies for me. 😫

• wonderland
    Options

TT: How frightening for your mom! The fall put a lot of stress on her. Thankfully nothing was broken and I hope all other systems are back to normal.

Ruth: Of all the procedures to have on April Fool's Day……Be sure to get some chocolate bunnies for later in the day.

Walked this afternoon.

• ruthbru
    Options

I went to a nice Yoga Pilates Fushion class this morning.

• wonderland
    Options

Sounds like a good class, Ruth.

I met a friend early this afternoon to walk. Then came home and decided to mow. I mowed 2 hours and 10 minutes with breaks. Dh did some weed eating and was going to take over the mowing but I told him I wanted to do it all. Getting my mow strength back a bit at a time.

• karen1956
    Options

I've been MIA this week while on spring break. Worked in the house and feel like I accomplished a lot. Met a girlfriend for tea and last night we went to a friends for dinner. I've been been tired and I've been sleeping in till 6:15!! Yesterday I felt I could fall asleep every time I sat down.

My son moved into his new condo he bought last week. DH helped him moved. So proud of him. Of course, he'll be driving his 25 year old car for a few more years.

Also been shopping for my gd ad DD#1 and GD are coming for Pesach - can't wait. The day after Pesach we will celebrate DD#1 38th birthday two days early and then she goes home on the 2nd of May. Sunday I will make her birthday cookie and potato knishes for her birthday dinner.

I have Monday off and hope to get a manicure before I head back to school.

Have a good Friday night and Saturday.

• ruthbru
    Options

Glad you had a nice week off, Karen. So glad the baby (and DD, of course) are coming to see you! And wonderful about DS buying a condo. So fun to see your kids getting established!

• coffeelatte
    coffeelatte Member Posts: 109
    Options

We are finally getting some nice weather here in the Midwest so I took advantage of it this morning and went out for a 10-mile bike ride. I think I overshot it a little bit since I haven’t ridden in months, but it sure felt wonderful. During my ride I was going up a hill that I could’ve walked way faster. But when I made it to the top, but I was so proud of myself. It’s the exercise challenges that feel so good nowadays. After a rest I’m trying to motivate myself to turn on a YouTube video and do some light weight lifting for the upper body. Ruth, I also have a diagnosis of osteopenia that I’m trying to fight off turning into osteoporosis. My dad, his mother, and my aunt had very serious osteoporosis as did my grandmother on my mother side…. She lost 8 inches in her later life. So I’m afraid there may also be a genetic component which I’m fighting against. I find lifting the weights and doing upper body exercise so much more challenging than the cardio exercises (which I love to do). So I just enjoyed a cup of coffee and three cookies to have the energy to lift weights. I can usually motivate myself if I have a treat. I hope everybody gets a good workout in this weekend, and keeps moving!

• ruthbru
    Options

Coffee, I like the aerobics much more than the weights too! It's so nice when the weather cooperates to do things outside!

I went to Yoga & walked around the track at the fitness center this morning. Today's my 'drink lots of water/eat light' pre-colonoscopy day; so I've eaten a can of applesauce and drunk quite a bit of water (and one cup of coffee since it's on the list.…no creamer, of course). I'm going to do the whole Easter Feast next weekend. I just can't make myself entertain when I can't eat any of it!)

• coffeelatte
    coffeelatte Member Posts: 109
    Options

Ruth good for you to get your colonoscopy over and done with. I did mine this year first thing on January 2 so we passed on the New Year’s Eve and day food and drinks. Good luck with the prep. I think eating next to nothing today and drinking lots of liquids is smart. I hope you have a morning procedure time to get it over with so you can eat.

• ruthbru
    Options

I'm the first one on Monday morning at 7:30 am. Whoo Hoo!

• karen1956
    Options

I cooked yesterday to freeze for my DD#1 birthday dinner the day after Passover ends. It was a birthday cookie and potato knishes and it wiped me out. I just don't have the stamina that I used to. Many people would say you did so much, but I used to be able to do twice as much and not be as tired!! Today I did a little work in the house, maybe 45 minutes and go a manicure.

Tomorrow its back to the grind! 9 weeks till the end of the school year. I"m sure it will go fast, yet be a long 9 weeks. I'll be cover a middle/high school for the rest of the year. It is a small school, but I think pretty impacted.

The weather turned cold this afternoon but will be 70 by the end of the week.

• ruthbru
    Options

We are having 'bouncy' weather too, Karen. I spent yesterday preparing for my colonoscopy this morning (Happy Easter to me….LOL). The procedure went fine. Because they have never found any problems over the years & my age…..I don't ever have to have another one again (unless I develop problems, of course). So, I am very happy! I was ordered to take it easy for the rest of the day, and that is what I've been doing!

• wonderland
    Options

Coffee: Congrates on biking up the hill! Biking is a great workout.

Karen: Glad that your school is small. Hope the next 9 weeks fly by for you. Good for you for planning ahead and preparing food now for your dd and gd's visit.

Ruth: That's marvelous that you don't need another colonoscopy. I'll be 77 when I need another and I've already decided that I will do the other test instead. Last year's prep made me really sick.

Exciting news on my end: my ds and his gf are expecting a baby in October! They love each other very much and have been living together for a year. I'm so happy for them! They told dh and me 3 weeks ago when we visited them and it's been hard to keep it in until now bc they wanted to wait a few more weeks before telling people. The ultrasound is next Monday. Can't wait!

Had a good Easter. Ds and gf, dd and her dh all came to the house. Had a delicious meal and a fabulous time.

Walked today. Temperature at 81. Going to cool back down on Thursday thank goodness.

• ruthbru
    Options

Congratulations, Wonderland! I hope some day to be able to make that same announcement! Funny grandkid story: My nurse today was telling me about her 8 grandchildren. She then asked if I had any. I said I had 4 granddogs. She then asked if they got lots of Easter candy....she thought I said I had 4 granddaughters!

• karen1956
    Options

Ruth - I'm on the 5 year plan for colonoscopies because they consider me high risk!!! My first two were 10 years apart, then 2 and 3 were 5 years as they found polyps. This last one no polyps but still said 5 years. Wonder, I'll be 71 at my next one.

Wonder - congrats on the baby - will this be your first grand?

Ruth - too funny about granddogs to granddaughters!!

• ruthbru
    Options

Took a Dog Walk this morning. Went over to admire our next door neighbor's new baby this afternoon, Zumba & Yoga tonight.