Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,600

My DD#1 an GD arrived 3 hours late on Wednesday. They were due in at 6pm and got in at 9pm. They were diverted to Omaha NE. I was almsot 10:30 by the time they got to the house. GD is now 13 months and walks all over the place, can climb up the stairs from their downstairs bedroom. She is a , fun busy little girl. They are here through next Saturday night leaving early Sunday the 7th on a 7:45 flight.

Nothing special on the agenda. This afternoon GD played in the little wading pool we got her and she had fun.

Have a great week-end.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,696

Just puttering around and doing what I can that is allowed under doctor’s instructions

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,498

Enjoy every minute, Karen!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,840
    edited June 29

Karen: Have a fabulous visit with your precious granddaughter and dd!

Ruth: Great picture of WWW. Looks chilly. Have fun at your state park!

M0mmy: Sorry about your surgery. I hope your recuperation is uneventful and you are getting pampered.

Dh and I hosted the Red Cross Blood Drive at our church on Wednesday. The Red Cross had a goal of 19 units and we surpassed it with 22 units. That made me very happy! Plus it was the hottest day so far of the year and we were fortunate that people kept their appointments.

This morning I met a friend to walk.

• ruthbru
    edited July 1

Yesterday was a lovely, cool day for hiking around & learning some history at Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park.

• m0mmyof3

Doing only what I can do and not risking anything beyond that. I had hubby’s help with planting a small garden.

• ruthbru

I went to a lovely yoga class tonight this evening.

• ruthbru

Dog Walk this morning & a strength class tonight. In between I ran around buying groceries etc. for the annual 4th of July picnic in our backyard. We are under a severe thunderstorm watch right now, so I have one eye on the weather channel.

• wonderland

Ruth: The Park sounds so interesting. Love the wide open land. Oh no! It can't thunderstorm on your July 4th party! We are expecting hot weather but no rain.

m0mmy: Hope you are improving daily and taking it easy.

Saturday and Sunday were miserable. The dew point was in the mid 70s and humidity about the same. Yesterday dh and I went to a family gathering for my nephew's son's 3 year old birthday. It was at a park - fun to see everyone but it was so hot!

Luckily today and tomorrow the temps are down and so are the dew point and humidity. Felt refreshing. Got out this evening for my walk.

• m0mmyof3

I am

• wonderland

Sinks in both of our bathrooms decided to clog up and take a long time to totally drain. Usually the good stuff from the hardware store takes care of it but not this time. Plumbers came out today. One of them had to go up on the roof and work through the vents to unclog the drains. Never had plumbers on the roof before!

Took a nap with one of the cats after the plumbers left. Another low dew point day and had a nice evening walk.

• malleemiss251
    malleemiss251 Member Posts: 550

Yay - onc has given the ok to me doing resistance training - will visit gym tomorrow to rejoin.

• wonderland

That's great, Malleemiss!

• ruthbru

Yea, malleemiss!

Wonderland, I am glad the plumber was able to get there before the holiday!

I went to Dance2fit this morning & Barre tonight. I got the house cleaned in between. People can shoot off fireworks in town all this week, and my dog is not amused. He isn't scared. It makes him made, so he runs around barking and barking.

• ruthbru
    edited July 3

It was a picture perfect day for a walk & pre-Independence Day celebration. I've been setting up my yard for tomorrow's picnic ever since. I'm doing it with my fingers crossed, since it might rain.

• wonderland

Happy 4th of July everyone!!!

Walked early this morning. The high today was 96. Ugh. Dh and I are grilling out for the 4th. I baked a Danish Heirloom cake with whipped cream, cherries and blueberries in the middle and top. Looking forward to dessert!

• wonderland

Too damn hot to do much of anything.

• ruthbru

Yikes Wonderland, suddenly I don't want to come out & visit my sister in NC later this month!! You all should be coming out here instead.

I got 13,000 steps today just from hosting a picnic (I have a split level house…..going up & down the steps many, many, many times!). The day was cool and overcast, which was actually perfect. We had a fun day without too many leftovers (I stocked up on tupperware containers so I could send leftovers home with departing guests).

I went to a strength class this morning & on a dog walk. Also did some washing, errand washing etc. In our town, people can legally shoot off fireworks the whole 4th of July week…….which is awful if you have a dog, or PTSD, or would just like to get some sleep. Bruno isn't scared of them, instead he gets really mad. I have to take him out in the fenced in yard on a leash to go to the bathroom so that I can drag him back in the house. Otherwise he works himself into a frenzy running around & around the yard barking like crazy. (Right now he is running around in the house barking & barking at all the explosions). I will be GLAD when tomorrow is over!

• karen1956

I don't mind firework shows, but I get tired of the random fireworks that people continue to shoot off!!!

Been fighting a cold for about a week. Debating on going to the doctor - thought it was sinus, but it's getting more chesty. We leave Thursday for a month and don't want to leave sick. I guess I have a couple days to decide. Tomorrow I have a podiatrist appointment to see what NON surgical treatments are for my bunion and hammer toe - they hurt on an off - better when I wear sandals as nothing is touching them. They both seem to be getting worse.

Had a wonderful 10 day visit with my daughter and granddaughter. They left this morning. I'm going to miss the little munchkin. WE've seen them 4 times since January and now it will be 3+ months till we see them again. They will be here in October.

Have a great Sunday.

• ruthbru

Where are you off to next, Karen? Yes, go to the doctor. You don't want to start off a trip sick! Glad you had a fun visit. It is so good to spend longer chunks of time with loved ones.

It was rainy yesterday, so did an indoor walking DVD & some Pilates. We are hosting a fish fry tonight for DS, DIL, and their best couple friends, who are moving away at the end of next week. They are lovely young people who we've gotten to know quite well (and have them had over for many holidays as they are both far from their original homes).

• wonderland

Karen: I am happy that you got to visit with your dd and gd for 10 days. Have fun on your trip. Sorry you are feeling bad and hope you decide to see your doctor before you leave town. Hopefully the podiatrist can give some good advice with your feet. Those conditions can be quite painful and thankful that sandals help.

Ruth: Have fun with your fish fry. The couple will miss you and your family.

Cooler today. The high was 85. And it actually rained! Some, anyway. It hasn't rained in a couple of weeks. Everything is dry but our garden is hanging on. Luckily the tomatoes are doing well and are just now starting to ripen. The blueberries are doing pretty good. I picked for an hour today until it started raining. I decided to walk in the house instead of going outside bc I didn't want to get caught in a possible storm.

• karen1956

Ruth and Wonder - we are off to Israel.

Ran errands today, got my hair cut. Tidied up the house from my little munchkin. I'm sure I'll miss all the crumbs in the kitchen. She really is a cutie with so much personality.

Nice weather today - in the 70s but it is heating up. Just to prepare us for Israel.

Need to update my packing list.

Ruth - hope your fish fry was fun.

• ruthbru

Yes, the fish fry was fun. I got some 'North Dakota' gifts for the couple, which they appreciated. As they clean out their cupboards, I said I'd take oils, spices etc. that they don't want to pack up & bring along, so we will see them one more time before they depart. Today I sent some leftovers over to DH's friend whose wife is sick & we have enough to eat for tonight. After that, I think I will just eat fruit for a few days. I'm actually sick of cooking AND eating (at least so much!). I went on a dog walk this morning & will do a weight class this evening.

Karen, I hope you are feeling better today as you get ready for your trip!

• m0mmyof3

Hubby made me rest today because I wore myself out with laundry yesterday in the 90+ heat.

• ruthbru

Dance2fit this morning & Barre tonight.

• wonderland

Karen: Hope you are feeling better!

M0mmy: This heat is so draining.

Ruth: ND gifts is a thoughtful present they the couple will really appreciate.

Taking things easy. Went to my crime club meeting today. Tonight dh, dd, and I went to a trivia game in a bar. It was so much fun!

• ruthbru

What is the weather like in Israel this time of year, Karen?

• karen1956

Ruth - the weather varies with the region in Israel but in general hot and hotter. The south which is a lot of desert climate is hot but cool mornings and nights. Along the coast (the Med) is hot and humid and doesn't cool off at all. Typical of humid climates. Jerusalem is not but cools a little at night. The north is also hot.

We will be staying in Jerusalem the month as our base and will be traveling different days to volunteer. So far we have 3 days booked our first week or so. We will also see our daughter, friends and vacation. Want to spent a couple days at the beach.

Today is packing (I've got everything set out, just need to put in luggage), a couple quick errands and mani/pedi the kids gave me for my birthday. I waited till the trip so my hands will last more than a couple days.

Saw a NP at PCP office yesterday. I've only seen her once or twice before. She gave me an Rx as she asked if I was prone to sinus infections (yes - 2 in past 6 months) and were these symptoms typical - yes. I had one dose at dinner yesterday. I never felt truly awful, but was tired of hacking away, drippy nose and headache.

Need to stay organized today so I'm not doing anything last minutes. Unfortunately, I have a little too much produce that will have to been thrown away. I will ask my son if he wants it, but I'm guessing he will say no as he's off today then not again till next Tuesday and he works long days. Have everything stuffed in our spare fridge till the new one arrived, some food got hidden!!

Weather is heating up in Denver. Tomorrow 96, then triple digits next 3 days and 98 on Monday. So we are going from hot to hot!!

• ruthbru
    edited July 10

Denver has had terrible weather this summer! I guess you will be acclimated to Israel anyway, Karen.

The Wednesday Walking Women went up and walked around a Frontier Village (tourist stop). While there, we had a visit with an Austrian retiree who is on a motorcycle tour of America. One of our walkers is a retired German teacher, so they had a delightful chat in German!

• m0mmyof3

Going to be getting a lot of exercise in the next couple of weeks with packing the house up for the big move to my home state. The house finally sold after multiple attempts over the few years! Going to have it all ready for when the movers come!