Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,525
    Options

Exercise for the day was hanging out laundry to dry.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Gonna be super busy today. Got a lot of stuff to do in the house as Friday I have a wake to go to for a family friend.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,155
    Options

Wednesday Walking Women

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

m0mmy: Sorry about your family friend. I have been to funerals but never a wake.

Ruth: Nice picture. Looks like refreshing weather.

Walked yesterday and a short walk today.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Thanks Wonder.

• ruthbru
    Options

Sorry about your friend, mOmmy.

Went to HIT this morning. It was a nice, cool day; so I spent the afternoon cleaning out the garage (instead of cleaning my house, which is also dirty!). I went to Dance2fit tonight.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,536
    Options

3 days left in the school year! Then on June 10th, I'm taking a one day PD. Really need summer break.

My youngest daughter went to Taylor Swift last night in Madrid. She texted her dad and me that it was the best night of her life. She went with 3 girlfriends - they are sharing a AirBnB. Tickets were by lottery last summer and Madrid had the best seats. Tickets were a fraction of the price than in the states. With her airfare, AirBnB, food and concert tickets less than one ticket in the states.

Have a great week-end.

• wonderland
    Options

Ruth: It's been a nice day here also. Low dew point and humidity.

Karen: Glad school is almost out for you! Your dd got a deal with her Taylor Swift tickets. That's amazing! Ticket prices are outrageous. I know someone in her 30s who is a Swiftie. She took money out of her 401K to get a ticket on row G. No telling how much she paid for it - and that didn't include travel and a place to stay. I know another person who is going to see Taylor in New Orleans in October. She has made well over 100 bracelets to trade with other Swiftees. I don't know how much she paid for her ticket.

Dh made the decision it was time to get rid of more albums and cds he didn't want anymore. We had gotten rid of albums and cassettes before so this was huge for him to want to go back through the albums plus add the cds. We took them to a store that buys them plus used electronics, toys, books, etc. We were paid $211 plus $12 store credit. I bought 5 books with the credit and still had 64 cents left over. Felt good to get them out of the house and receive a little cash for them. We still have some albums and cds and maybe one day we will get money for those also.

Walked late this evening.

• ruthbru
    Options

Karen, I figure you were busy with all the end of the year stuff! I am so excited for your daughter! That concert will be a lifelong memories. Two of DS's friends went to the Taylor Swift concert in Minneapolis last year & said it was fabulous! (The wife of the couple is a huge fan, and the guy is a very nice husband!)

Wonderland, good for DH to get rid of some of his treasures. My DH has a closet full of sports cards, which I'd be very happy to see gone!

Went for a walk with DH & Bruno, and did tons of errands. We went to dinner with two friends & now I am too full to do anything else.

• ruthbru
    Options

I went to yoga, on a dog walk & spent the rest of the day cleaning the house. Yuck!!

• wonderland
    Options

Another coolish low dew point day so I sat outside reading one of the books I bought yesterday. Since I just saw the play To Kill a Mockingbird, I bought Harper Lee's Go Set a Watchman. It was written in the 1950's before Mockingbird was written. Scout as a 26 year old living in NYC but goes home to Alabama for a visit. The publisher who bought it realized Lee was an excellent writer but she wanted Lee to tell the story of Scout as a young girl. Watchman wasn't published until 2015.

I also bought The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Uncle Tom's Cabin, Treasure Island, and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Now I have to decide what to read next as I'm almost finished with the Watchman book.

Walked later this evening.

• ruthbru
    Options

We have had a crazy weather day. It was very still & humid, with low creepy looking clouds until 3:00 in the afternoon (I know the time because I was driving home from a talk I had gone to). My phone put out a tornado alarm, so I zoomed home; got the car in the garage & the hanging baskets of flowers into the garage before it started storming. We didn't get a tornado (yet, anyway), but hail, high winds, thunder/lightning & buckets of rain…..for 3 hours! It's stopped now, although I can still hear some rumbles. Kind of scary.

I did 40 minutes of dancing with Marshall Fitness on the computer.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Today is gonna be a catch up day for housework that I let slide over the weekend. Was exhausted from the 2 hour trek to the wake on Friday and the 2 hour return trek.

Saturday I just lounged around the house. Yesterday got my hair dyed and a trim, then hubby and I took Nugget to a dog park near an old Navy friend of hubby’s who also has a dog and the two puppers played until they were exhausted.

• ruthbru
    Options

Here's something interesting: A study of 1/2 a million people found those who climbed the most stairs had a 24% lower risk of dying from any cause, and a 39% lower risk of death from cardiovascular disease. So, keep climbing!!

• ruthbru
    Options

Zumba this morning, worked outside this afternoon, HIT tonight.

• wonderland
    Options

Ruth: Goodness, I'm glad you didn't have a tornado. 3 hours is a long time for scary weather. Interesting statistics about stairs. I have a full set of stairs leading to the basement. Need to walk them more.

M0mmy: I also did some catch up housecleaning yesterday. It's easy for me to let things slide and that's not a good thing.

Mowed for 80 minutes today.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Swept and mopped the kitchen floor

• ruthbru
    Options

I went to Barre and Zumba yesterday. Here's today's picture of the Wednesday Walking Women. It's avery windy day!

• karen1956
    Options

School is out for the summer! I have a PD on Monday and then nothing school related except submit my paperwork for renewing my CDE (Colorado dept ed) license for the last time ever - it's good for 7 years!

Going to the mountains today till Sunday morning. The weather is HOT in Denver so 70s will be wonderful.

DD and GD are coming for 10 days later this month.

• ruthbru
    Options

Yea, on the end of the school year, Karen! It's a good feeling when you renew your license for the last time (after 35 years, I 'earned' a lifetime certificate, so I guess I can never not be a teacher!). Enjoy the mountains. It's still really, really windy here; but not hot. I went to HIT this morning & will do Dance2fit and probably Yoga tonight. We're going out of town this weekend, so I am 'pre-exercising'.

• karen1956
    Options

Ruth - I'm not sure if CDE has a "lifetime" certificate, but my national school psych does have a retired certificate if you no longer work in the field. It got my initial CDE license in 1987 a year after moving to CO. This year is 47 years since I got my BA, and 34 since my doctorate which seems unreal!!

Denver is supposed to reach 96 today - glad we are in the mountains where it will be in the high 70s. Yesterday the weather was perfect - blue sky, sun and not too hot to hike. The mountains were glorious. Got some great shots.

Today we are going to do our hard hike - labeled on the map as "difficult", but when you get to the top the views are magnificant. It is 4 miles round trip with elevation gain of 1,372 feet so at the summit its about 11K above sea - not a 14er but amazing anyways. It is the hardest hike I've ever done. We will have tomorrow to recouperate from this hike. We take our time and stop as many times as needed going up and coming down which in some ways is harder. I'm always spent after doing it.

Our favorite hike is much easier which we do every trip and a couple times each trip. We did it yesterday and will do again tomorrow.

Have a great day

• ruthbru
    Options

Enjoy your hikes. I'm sure the views are magnificent! I worked in my yard for about four hours today. The two days of 50 mph winds gave me lots of twigs & branches to pick up, and also dried up the soil so much that I had to water everything. Tomorrow we go off on a three day weekend ourselves. We will be in Medora, which is right on the edge of Theodore Roosevelt National Park (and where he came to recover emotionally after his young wife & mother both died on Valentines Day 1884). We will do fun tourist things, some hiking & some just enjoying the Badlands. I am so tired from all the yardwork that sitting in a car for 4 1/2 hours sounds quite delightful to me! (I went to a mat pilates & stretching class this morning.)

• wonderland
    Options

Karen: Yay for the last day of school! Have a fun in the mountains. Your hikes sound amazing.

Ruth: Have a great time on your trip. You deserve it after 4 hours of yard work.

Met a friend this morning to walk. Then this evening I went for my regular walk.

• wonderland
    edited June 10
    Options

Walked this morning.

This afternoon dh, dd, and I went to see a Harry Potter movie that was accompanied by a live symphony orchestra playing the soundtrack along with the movie. It was such a unique and awesome experience!

• wonderland
    Options

Pretty day. I sat outside and read this morning. Walked later this evening.

• ruthbru
    Options

The movie with the symphony does sound cool!

We just got back from a great weekend in the North Dakota Badlands. Lots of hiking, wandering around (and also lots of food). Last night we met up with my college suite mate and her DH, which was very fun!

• wonderland
    Options

Ruth: That picture is gorgeous! You need to have it enlarged and framed.

Went to my true crime club today. Then took advantage of low humidity and low dew point by sitting outside to read my book.

Walked in late afternoon.

• ruthbru
    Options

Went to Dance2fit this morning & Barre this afternoon. DH & I went out to dinner to celebrate our 36th Anniversary. Hard to believe!!

• ruthbru
    Options

The Wednesday Walking Women took a tour of the new campus of a school for medically fragile children. This school was originally founded in 1941 for what were referred to as 'crippled children'. Now that most children are educated in the public school, the mission of the school has changed & a campus designed for kids who need more space for medical equipment, adaptive technology etc. was needed. The statue we are standing by is of Dr. Anne Carlsen, who originally founded the school way back then. If you look closely, you can see that she was born with stubs for arms & overcame a lot to become a national, and international, advocate for the disabled. I love her quote, "I am too positive and too determined to be defeated."

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 858
    edited June 13
    Options

Hey friends, it has been two weeks since I have been here…of course I have lots of excuses!

1. summer school
    2. got a new office computer, which actually means I have had no computer for over a week
    3. bought a new car, our first in 8 years (Toyota Venza our first SUV styled car)
    4. celebrated our 32 anniversary
    5. ….whatever!

At any rate, it has been busy here in VA. Tuesday was the midterm for my summer school class, two weeks from today is the final…a whirlwind.

I have two more PT sessions, one today and the last next Tuesday before I am released from that (hurt my lower back in March catching my mother from a near fall)

If I consider PT my gym for the day, have been making it to the gym 4-5 times a week.

Our weather has been up and down temp wise with a lot of down (for us that is high 70's/low 80's) but the forecast looks like we are turning to summer…some stretches of 90's ahead.

Beautiful pictures Ruth

Wonder, I love those movie and symphony events, have been to a few.

Karen, enjoy the summer and seeing your daughters.

Now that I am up and running again on the computer (of course lost all passwords in the transition) I'll stop by more frequently. TT