Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I haven't rode my bike yet, but it's definitely on the agenda for today. The rain is gone for now, the weather is cooler and, uuumm......plus I had some of my DH's birthday cake.......chocolate through and throughUndecided
  • Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited October 2009
    Options

Doggus and I went for a brisk walk for about 30 minutes. 

Happy (belated) Birthday Mr. Coonie.

Gosh, it's been raining a lot here too.  We had a sunny Sat.

• coonie
    edited October 2009
    Options

I bet doggus walked YOU, huh Sharon?

Mr. Coonie thanks you for the bd wishes. Cool

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ..........and I had to carry a 'weight' on the trip homeTongue out
  • lisa-e
    lisa-e Member Posts: 169
    edited October 2009
    Options

Carole, it is hard to maintain an exercise routine during active treatment.  You just have to do what you are going - start again.

My plans for today are a lunch time walk and to go to pilates class in the evening.  After pilates class, I am going the gym and sneak in a session on the recumbant bike.  

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Oh my, I was just looking at my number of posts.  Does that count as a workout?  Do I win the award for having no life outside of BCO?Embarassed
  • Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hi Sharon,

You definitely get the award for the most workouts on bco!  LOL!

Have a great afternoon!

Lorrie 

• momand2kids
    momand2kids Member Posts: 118
    edited October 2009
    Options

Morgan

I am in Massachusetts as well...

carole

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Where are you in Massachusetts, Carole?

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2009
    Options

So, exercise of the fingers counts?  Yay!  I'm on the computer all day and then here at night.

My knee has been giving problems today but I still got on the treadmill.  Could only last for a mile/23 minutes but at least I moved.  Will be busy tomorrow so don't expect to get much done - but you never, never know!

• kbugmom
    kbugmom Member Posts: 8,310
    edited October 2009
    Options

I need to use my treadmill again.

• momand2kids
    momand2kids Member Posts: 118
    edited October 2009
    Options

weights this morning for 30 minutes!!!

have a great day!

carole 

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Kbug--join us!  I think as long as we move and do something it's better than nothing!  

Patoo--I think it's great that you did the treadmill in spite of your knee.  Don't over do it, though!

I work today so I'm probably just going to walk the dog for my exercise today.  We walk very briskly!

Have a great day!

Lorrie 

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

Phew, done my brisk walk.  I think it's about 40 minutes.........more than 30 anyway.  I feel the pressure from this thread.  That's good 'cause it makes me get off my butt.Smile

• lisa-e
    edited October 2009
    Options

My plans for today are:  1) lunch hour walk

2) yoga class after work

3) elliptical glider

Sharon, I agree with you - I think this thread is a good idea.  I think it helps me to write down what I am going to do & I don't want to have to come back and say I bailed on something. 

Patoo, I hope your knee is better. 

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

Posting for Coonie........

Hi, my name is Coonie. And I am a sloth.

I know I said I was going to ride my bike yesterday, but I didn't because, uummm, well.....there's just no excuse. I'm working today, but I will try my best to ride tonight when I get home. Sharon is right about this thread. It keeps me accountable.Wink

• patoo
    edited October 2009
    Options

I agree, this thread is great.  My knee is not better and will have to get to my ortho doctor and check it out.  I can actually hear the fluid in it when I bend it.  Match that with a bad hip, same side, and there's a lot of pain depending on how I twist, turn or bend.

Have a 10-week support bc support group sponsored by two local cancer centers and tonight we did total body stretches so at least I had some activity today.  No treadmill though - not today.  The only other exercise I'll get will be climbing the steps up to bed in a few minutes.

• lisa-e
    edited October 2009
    Options

patoo, ouch! I hope you can get in to see the ortho soon.

When I got to yoga class yesterday, I discovered that the instructor was on vacation and we had a sub. So instead of yoga, it was a swiss ball class (lots of core work). I was so tired afterwards I skipped the eliptical glider and went home,

I am climbing tonight, at the climbing gym. I will also go for my usual lunch hour walk today..

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Good morning!  I never did get my dog walk in yesterday.  Wound up taking DS to karate and never got a chance to get the walk in.  

I'm planning to do a step workout this morning.  It's gloomy here today with more rain!  

Patoo--you should get your knee/hip checked soon.  I have friends who have suffered with bad knees and it is not fun at all.  I hope you are feeling better today.

Lisa--you sound like you really take on the day!  Are you sore from the core training?  

Coonie--you crack me up!  You are not a sloth!  Even being here means that you are at least thinking about it!

Lorrie 

• coonie
    edited October 2009
    Options

hehe Lorrie!! Well, I guess hearing about others exercising is better than nothing, right?Tongue out

And Noooooo, I didn't ride when I got home yesterday. It was late, I was tired, and I just KNEW I didn't need to put my poor body through that torture. I'm seriously thinking about doing it today, but it's really dark and stormy looking right now. I need to see what the weather is up to before getting out of course. Don't want to be like Dorothy and Toto and get blown away.

I promise I'll check back in later!

Hope you all have a great day!

• patoo
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'll check back in later too but Morgan thanks for letting us know that Even being here means that you are at least thinking about it! - using our brain cells counts as exercise!  hehehe
  • coonie
    edited October 2009
    Options

Whew! Just got back from bike ride....10 miles in 39:42. I know it's not near like walking, but I sure am tiredTongue outEmbarassed

IMG_3926.jpg See his tongue hanging out image by calikids68

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

OMG!  Your dog is adorable!!!  LOL!!!

I just finished my workout and let me tell you, your picture speaks for me too!  

Lorrie 

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited October 2009
    Options

As soon as I can I will be joining this thread. Right now I look like that doggie only with a bigger belly.

• coonie
    edited October 2009
    Options

Oh Lorrie.....that wasn't my dog, but this is one of mine!

birdbath001.jpg picture by mydriene

And yeppers....I feel like doing this right now......LOL

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Coonie--He's adorable too!  I felt like him earlier this morning.  I had to fight the urge to go back to bed after my boys left for school!  Now I feel like the other dog after my workout!  LOL!

How many dogs do you have?  I'm most likely getting another puppy next Monday night.

Mumayan--join us now!  No need to wait!

Lorrie 

• coonie
    edited October 2009
    Options

Lorrie---I have two dachshunds......Lucky and Opie. They're getting old (13 and 14). I just love dogs, well actually.....ANY kind of animal. When you get your pup, you'll have to post a pic:)

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Coonie--I'm a huge dog lover.  I just can't help myself.  I had two old dogs who passed away last year while I was still undergoing treatment.  Talk about getting kicked when you are down!  It just so happened that the golden girl that I have now was returned to a breeder and the rest is history.  I really love this dog!  So, now a year later, I am going to get a golden boy from the same breeder.  I'm a little nervous about the new puppy but the dogs make me so happy, I don't think I can not do it!

Lorrie 

• coonie
    edited October 2009
    Options

Ohhh Lorrie..so sorry to hear about losing furbabies during treatment. Mine were right with me during treatment. I couldn't have made it without them....seriously! They're able to sense when something is different.

Is that your pup in the avatar? She's beautiful! I bet she'll love having a baby brother...LOL

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Losing my dogs was really hard on me.  They were my constant companions all through diagnosis and treatment.  

That's Sunny in my avatar!  I named her Sunshine because I thought I needed a little sunshine in my life all things considered!