Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    edited October 2009
    Options

LOL, Sharon!

I'm from Massachusetts.  It's getting cooler here and very colorful.  We had some high winds yesterday which caused pine cones to fall everywhere.  You could see them hanging on the very tops of the pines just waiting for the fall winds to come.  Whew!  

I love the fall.  It makes me want to be outside and also want to cuddle inside.  Love it!

Lorrie 

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited October 2009
    Options

Really breezy here last evening too.

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582
    edited October 2009
    Options

Ya'll are making me jealous with maple trees,  cool breezes, pretty fall colors. It's sooo hot here today but I think by the weekend it's supposed to be 20 degrees cooler.

My legs are having spasms!!! They say, "what's going on coonie"............ooouuccchhhhhh!!

So proud of you all keeping it going. During and right after chemo, I really never thought I would EVER have energy again. It's such a blessing to be able to feel almost normal:)

Goodnight all!

• lisa-e
    lisa-e Member Posts: 169
    edited October 2009
    Options

Lorrie, my hip feels better, so I am going to go climbing.  I'll just take it easy - no hard stuff.

• lisa-e
    edited October 2009
    Options

My plans for today are to walk during my lunch hour.

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

It's still raining here and I am embarrassed to say.....I did NOT exercise.  Did housework though.

• coonie
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well......it's raining cats and dogs here too! I did walk around Walmart for about 45 minutes. Does that count?Tongue out
  • Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hi girls!  I did NOT workout today.  I had to work this morning and then go for my 6-month mammogram.  Hate it!  It stresses me out so bad and since I have a permanent hematoma, it's excruciatingly painful.  But, it went well and I was sent on my way!

It's beginning to rain here too!  I think walking around Walmart for 45 minutes will qualify!  Housework definitely qualifies as exercise.  Sometimes, I think I get a better workout doing housework than anything else!

Lorrie 

• septembersong
    septembersong Member Posts: 153
    edited October 2009
    Options

I love this thread!

My arthritic knee has forced me off the treadmill, but I did 10 minutes on the upright stationary bike, 20 on the recumbant.

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Awesome September!  Welcome to the thread!

That's great that you've found a way around the arthritis.  My brother moved to a recumbant bike after he had knee surgery.  He gets a great workout from it with no stress on his joints!

Lorrie 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2009
    Options

Okay, haven't done any "real" exercise for a couple of days, just been getting home late each night and can barely move much less workout.  But tomorrow will be washing huge windows for an elderly church member so that will count.  Should be home early evening so may be able to hit the treadmill if I'm not wiped out. 

• lisa-e
    edited October 2009
    Options

I went hiking today, about four miles. A cold overcast day, so I came home early.

• lewisfamily503
    lewisfamily503 Member Posts: 101
    edited October 2009
    Options

HI Girls!  This is a great thread!  I started walking with my husband a few years ago since we got our wonderful golden retriever George and he needs those walks.  We get up every morning at about 5:15 AM during the week and walk about 4 miles (about an hour a day). We also walk on the weekends but at least we can sleep in!!! I really should start doing my step aerobics/weight training again but I just haven't been motivated.  This thread has me inspired though!!  It's gorgeous here in Oregon although the mornings have been cold (in the 30s).  

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

DH, Doggus and I went for a lovely walk through some forest paths today.  It was so nice I forgot to post it as being exercise, hahaha.

• lisa-e
    edited October 2009
    Options

I went to yoga class this moringing and went climbing this afternoon.

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yesterday I just cooked and ate.Embarassed
  • patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2009
    Options

Sharon51 - a gal after my heart!

I washed windows, in and out on Saturday so hopefully that counts.  Have not done anything that can be measured for days.  Hope to get back but kind of busy working days and activities evenings the next 3 nights.  We'll see.  At least I'm thinking about it and, for me, thinking counts as exercise!

• Raye99
    Raye99 Member Posts: 114
    edited October 2009
    Options

Sharon - Love it. I did the same (except for the cooking part - I just ate).

Patoo - yep, thinking about exercise is definitely exercise.

Ran twice last week - 2.65 miles on Tuesday (I think it was Tues.) and 3.00 miles on Thursday - then did 3-mile walk for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer on Saturday. Did my squats and girly pushups this am. Tonight I PLAN on running at the gym.

This thread (and the other - called Motivation) is helping with my motivation.

Raye

• coonie
    edited October 2009
    Options

Ohhhh now!! Ya'll are making me look bad! Didn't do anything yesterday and so far nothing today either. I did ride my bicycle about 5 miles Saturday and 4-wheelers about 20+ miles. My 4-wheeler is not power steering, so I got a good upper body workout Wink

The weather is soooo yucky here today......raining again and humid! Would somebody do extra for me today and I'll pay you backTongue out

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

Sure thing Coonie.  I'll move enough for both of us!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited October 2009
    Options

Does chewing and swallowing count as exercise?  Thats all I have been doing this weekend.

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

I guess there is always tomorrow.

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

Sigh, me too Mum.

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hi girls!  

OMG!  Mumayan, your cat looks like I feel after the wedding this weekend!  LOL!

I have done nothing about exercise since Thursday.  I know I should have this morning but I'm still too tired from the whirlwind weekend!

My birthday is tomorrow!  Hurray!  How grateful I am to be celebrating another birthday!

Lorrie 

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited October 2009
    Options

Happy Birthday Morgan I hope you have a great day tomorrow.Here is something to sweeten up the day. You can exercise it off later.

• lisa-e
    edited October 2009
    Options

As tempting as that cake looks, I am doing  my best to resist the siren call of sweets.

I am going to pilates class tonight; then to the gym to use the eliptical glider.  There is a storm due in tonight and it is covercast and gloomy outside today so I am skipping my lunch time walk. 

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

That cake looks lucious!  I love strawberry shortcake!  Strawberries and whipped cream, yum!

Thank you!

Lorrie 

• coonie
    edited October 2009
    Options

Happy_Birthday21.gif Happy Birthday image by KimCandy2

Hope your day is WONDERFUL Lorrie!! And many many more!!

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

CharlieBrownBirthdayCard.png Card image by laluzz

Happy Birthday Lorrie.

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

You guys are awesome!