Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• lisa-e
    lisa-e Member Posts: 169
    edited October 2009
    Options

I like dogs, but am more of a cat person. Right now I have one, a grey tabby named Tiger.

Lorrie, I am not sore today. But I have taken other classes from the same instructor we had and I'll tell you my abs hurt for several days afterwards. I think she took it easy on us last night. :-)

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2009
    Options

I love dogs but can't stand walking them in bad weather, rain is okay but snow and ice - no so I won't get one.  I have a cat, orange tabby named Garfield.  He's 4 and a big baby.

Don't know about exercise tonight but have to run errands before Bible Study tonight so I think that walking for about an hour will count as exercise.

• Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    edited October 2009
    Options

I have a cat too!  She's a grey mix named Smokey!  I love cats too!

Lorrie 

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited October 2009
    Options

I'm on the verge of going for a walk!

Would somebody please push me out the door?

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Sharon--

I'm chanting:

DO IT!  DO IT!  DO IT!  DO IT!  DO IT!

lol

Lorrie 

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

Oh heck.............thank you Lorrie............I'm on my way OUT the door.

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

Back!!!  It was a VERY brisk walk..........as it started raining part way home.  But it's done!

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

Gone 30 minutes.

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Awesome, Sharon!

You did it!!

Lorrie 

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582
    edited October 2009
    Options

woohoooot Sharon! Is it cold there? No! Wait! Don't tell me, well.......go ahead and tell me. I bet it is cool there, huh? It's soooooo hoooooooot here!!

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

Not cold........not hot.  Perfect for walking 'cept for the downpour.  But we survived.  After all doggus IS a water dog.  Ha, or so they say.

Lorrie, thanks for 'making' me go.

Hugs all.

• coonie
    edited October 2009
    Options

hehe.....yeah, my dogs are water dogs too!

They lap it up every chance they get!

pupshomecoming006.jpg picture by mydriene

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

OHHHH, they are little love buggies!!!!!

LHSK.

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

They are adorable!  I love the fashionable scarves!  Do they get along well?  Are they from the same litter?

Lorrie 

• coonie
    edited October 2009
    Options

Yeah Lorrie, they are actually from the same family. They're cousins :) They get along really well too. They're like buds. Every once in awhile one will get on the others nerves, but it gets straightened out pretty quick with a "time out".......LOL

The scarves were on them because we had just picked them up from their pet hotel after we came home from vacation. When they get bathed, they get a cute scarf around their neck:) Their hotel bill was just about as much as oursUndecided Next time they're going to Auntie Sharon's house in CanadaSurprised

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

LOL.  I know about those doggie hotel charges!  We are going out of town for a wedding this weekend so we will have our dog sitter take care of Sunny.  Very pricey.  We just boarded her for the first time over the summer and it went very well.  And a lot less expensive than the dog sitter.  The place we board her has very strict pick-up times, very early in the a.m.  We are driving home from the wedding Saturday night expecting to be home 1 a.m. or so.  An early pick-up won't work.  So....we are using our expensive dog sitter. Oh well.  

I wish we had a close relative to keep the pets!

Lorrie 

• coonie
    edited October 2009
    Options

Our hotel is the exact same way. Weekend pickups/drop-offs 8-11 am only Saturday....closed Sunday. Monday-Friday 8-11 AM and 4-6 PM....ONLY...no exceptions! Make it kind of hard, especially when we're home and they have to spend another whole day THERE!!

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

I don't want to go away any more.........don't want to leave the dog anywhere.  But will happily dog sit anyone who want's to deliver them here.  Well, just so long as they get along with my doggus......and he gets along with everyone.

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Good morning!  I'm planning to do a Kathy Smith workout this morning!  I'll check back later!

How's everyone?

Lorrie 

• coonie
    edited October 2009
    Options

Good morning Lorrie and everyone!

Just got back from my 8.3 mile bike ride. Didn't have time to get in 10 miles this morning:(

Think I'm gonna work today. Whew!! Feel like I've already worked today!!

Hope you all have a terrific Thursday!

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

Yikes.........I'm not even dressed yet.

Ribs in the oven and tomatoes simmering on the stove though.  I guess I oughta mention that on the housework thread.

I will walk later (I promise) and I'm mighty impressed with your effort this morning Miss Coonie.

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Whew!  Just finished my workout and a bowl of cereal!

Sharon--ribs sound delicious!  What are you simmering the tomatoes for?

Coonie--you rock!

I have to go shopping for a dress today.  I tried a few on yesterday.  My sons said one looked like my bathrobe (not a good thing) and the other was too "busy".  Whatever!  Grrrr...  So, I'm going to try to find a sensibly priced dress for the wedding this weekend.  I just hate to spend big bucks on a dress that I'll once.  Ya know??  

Lorrie 

• Raye99
    Raye99 Member Posts: 114
    edited October 2009
    Options

What a great thread!! Accountability, that is what I need.

Did five sets (12 each) of squats this am and 3 sets (12 each) of girl pushups and plan on running tonight on the treadmill. Ran 2.65 miles verly slowly Tuesday night, but was lazy last night and didn't go...UGH.

Coonie - 8.3 mile bike ride! That is great. Wow.

Love the pics of the pooches! My dog is a water dog as well and quite the swimmer. Here is a pic of him having a lazy and somewhat pampered Saturday morning.

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Welcome Raye!

Your dog is a cutie.  I love his face!

You have a great workout routine!  Do you always run on the treadmill or do you run outside too?  And everyone needs a night off once in a while.

Lorrie 

• Raye99
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hi Lorrie!!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, my dog is a sweetheart - choc Lab, 5 years old. Used to be a little devil when he was younger, but has mellowed out nicely.

I er run on the treadmill and outside, but to be honest - I haven't been running very consistently since my dx three years ago (i.e., my run Tuesday night was my first in two weeks). Used to run almost every day: outside in the summer, treadmill in the winter, but since dx, I just haven't had much motivation - something I am trying to get back, but it's so hard.

Raye

• Raye99
    edited October 2009
    Options

Oh and Lorrie - your dog in your avatar is simply gorgeous.

• lisa-e
    lisa-e Member Posts: 169
    edited October 2009
    Options

Good morning, everyone!

I went to pilates this morning.  I take a semi private class once a week - today we did a lot of leg work.  My hip is complaining, but it was sore before the class.  I just popped a couple of ibuprophine.

I am supposed to go climbing tonight.  If my hip doesn't feel better, I will take it easy.   Sigh...

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

Phew, I finally got my walk in.   Congrats to all who have exercised and even to those who thought about it.

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Yay, Sharon!  Is it chilly up by you?  I'll bet is gorgeous outside now.  It's pretty nice here too!

Lisa--how's the hip?  are you going climbing?

Raye--glad you are here and maybe our support will help you get more motivated!  believe me, there are times (like yesterday) when I really really wanted to just lay on the couch.  mmmmm...I'm dreaming about it now!

Lorrie 

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

Lorrie, today the weather was absolutely picture perfect.  DH and I got SO much done outside.  Yes, the evenings are cooler but the maple leaves are at their peak of beauty for this Thanksgiving weekend.  Where do you 'hail' from?

Oh Raye..........Lorrie kicked my sorry posterior (a.k.a. butt) out the door yesterday.........AND I got rained on.  But was so glad I did it.  Thx Lorrie.