Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• momand2kids
    momand2kids Member Posts: 118
    edited October 2009
    Options

20 minutes on the elliptical-- too busy at work to make it to the pool for laps-maybe tomorrow....

be well!

• Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    edited October 2009
    Options

Awesome September.  You are being very wise in your exercise routine.  I know of too many people who do too much too soon and wind up with problems.  I've always believed that a plan for exercise and how much you want to achieve.  Kind of to start out and slowly build over time to a level of fitness that you are happy with.

Lorrie 

• septembersong
    septembersong Member Posts: 153
    edited October 2009
    Options

Thanks for the encouragement, Lorrie. I am HIGHLY motivated--my husband and I are leaving for vacation in two weeks to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. I'm getting a cortisone shot in my gimpy knee before I leave so I'll be able to walk a little more easily. I'm bringing my trekking poles all the same.

I finished treatment in July, and couldn't manage this until my energy started to come back. I am in awe of the climbers on this thread.

• lisa-e
    lisa-e Member Posts: 169
    edited October 2009
    Options

septembersong, one of my friends told me that using trekking poles really reduces the wear and tear on your knees.  Their ortho highly recommended using them.  I know I like mine - they are great for hiking and crossing streams.   Where are you going on your vacation?

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hey Sharon51, that works for me and in a few minutes I will be climbing into bed.  No, I am crazy beyond tired so will probably be crawling and falling into bed.  Would someone please come over and carry me up the stairs - I'll pay you!!!

Really, the last few days I have been sooooooooooo exhausted.  For sure there is no "daily" in my exercise.  At least I'm finished activities for the week; just 2 more days of work.  I hope to do the treadmill tomorrow and Friday evenings.  Saturday will not even get ouf of my PJ's but may put on my sneaks and do the treadmill or a walking DVD.  We'll see - no we won't see because my eyes are criss-crossed right now.  Night all.

Oh yeah, Septembersong, my right knee is at the point that I have to take one step up or down at a time.  But, must say I can walk on it just can't climb stairs.  See ortho doc Friday.

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582
    edited October 2009
    Options

Ya'll are making me look so bad! I skipped Tuesday and Wednesday.....had to work and the weather is HORRIBLE here. Misty rain and HOT!!

• lisa-e
    lisa-e Member Posts: 169
    edited October 2009
    Options

I am going to go to pilates this morning and maybe a walk at lunch, if I have time. We'll see.

Dh and I are heading to Death valley on Friday, so I will be hiking a lot.

• septembersong
    edited October 2009
    Options

lisa-e, we're going to Italy for two weeks. We are beyond excited. Have a great time in Death Valley!

I won't be crossing any streams with those poles, but I do find them to be really helpful when walking on a relatively flat surface.

patoo, I can get up and down stairs, but it's not a pretty sight. I just keep telling people, "no, you go on ahead." (I will be in some kind of trouble if I'm on the stairs in a fire drill.) The PA at my orthopedist's office told me that our knees carry 3 times our body weight when walking, and 5 times our body weight when climbing stairs.

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Good morning girls!  I just finished my Firm workout.  Whew!  This is the first workout in a week.  

I'm jealous reading about your vacations--Italy and Death Valley!  My big trip will be to Costco!

I'm sooo tired.  We adopted a second golden puppy Monday night.  I think it is a big mistake.  My golden girl is a few months over 1 year old and she is not at all happy about the new guy. I'm not sure what to do.  The puppy is struggling with crate training (re:  crying and yelping all night).  The older one keeps messing with the new puppy and won't leave him alone.

Lorrie

• Raye99
    Raye99 Member Posts: 114
    edited October 2009
    Options

Lorrie - Oh, puppies are so trying,  but so worth it when they get older. What is your 1-year old girl doing that  makes you think she doesn't like the new little guy? It might just take a little bit of time for her to get used to him. She is still a pup herself. Is she still in a crate at night? When my lab was a pup, we were fortunate that he loved his crate. We left him in there at night until he was a little over a year old He was a little hellion though as a pup. A cute litle biting monster. I walked him and walked him - the only way we could get any peace was when he was exhausted.

I ran 3.06 miles last night and want to run today, as I just inhaled a bag of pink M&M's.

• sarahsewer
    sarahsewer Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2009
    Options

So I'm clear Lorrie, is the golden girl another puppy? If so I am sure you know that the little one will devil that poor girl as soon as she is a few months older. There is nothing on earth more disrespectful than a puppy with sharp teeth. Nothing cuter either.

Raye99- how funny that you inhaled pink m&ms. How thoughtful of you to "support breat cancer research". I have a HUGE bag of the halloween colors.

I nordic tracked for 30 minutes and if it warms up enough I'll bike (7 miles one way) to town to return a library book.

What a neat idea for a thread.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited October 2009
    Options

Drains are out so I am going for my first real walk today after surgery.Wil see how my energy level is.So good to get out of the house.

• Calypso
    Calypso Member Posts: 132
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Under the theory that "if I post it, it will happen", I am saying that I will go to the pool for a half hour swim at my lunchbreak. There, now I really have to!  Great Thread!
  • sarahsewer
    sarahsewer Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2009
    Options

Oh great. Since Calypso abides by the theory "post it, do it" I need to put on warm clothes (it's 33 degrees, but sunny) and get my chubby butt out the door. I guess I should thank you.

• coonie
    edited October 2009
    Options

Lorrie----how are the pups working out? It DOES take time for "old" dogs to get used to the new ones. I'm sure they'll become great buddies, though once they're used to it. It gets a little rough on the mommies though :)  LOL

The weather has cleared up here, so I'm "hoping" to ride my bike this weekend. First, gotta clean house though. I KNOW that's great exercise, isn't it??Undecided

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Good morning!  Well...I'll post my exercise today too, then I'll feel guilty if i don't do it!  I'm going to do an hour on the treadmill.  That is, if I don't fall asleep mid-stride.  I spent 4 hours (8 pm - midnight) at the emergency vet with the little guy.  He has a UTI!  OMG, I thought babies didn't get sick like that!  I sat in the waiting room from about 8:30 until 11:00.  I left there about midnight and got home around 12:30.  Then he was up again at 6:00 am howling!  

I think my DH is ready to take him back to the breeder.  Our older golden girl is not adjusting well.  She is still extremely jealous.  I keep hoping I'll see a glimmer of light and that she will calm down.

So, now I'll work on a grocery list and then get on the treadmill around 10:30.

See ya later!

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited October 2009
    Options

MUM!!!  Way to go with the drains out.  Were you able to go for a walk?

I walked the other day and forgot to post.  Been kind of down in the dumps this week.

• patoo
    edited October 2009
    Options

Knee is somewhat better, at least enough that I can get on the treadmill.  So will pick a show a little later, Matlock or Monk to watch while I walk.  Will post back after I'm done.

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Well, it took me until 11:30 to get started but I did it!  Hurray!!!  I did the treadmill for 56 minutes.  I didn't break any speed records but I needed it and I am glad I did it.

Patoo--I love Monk.  It's one of my favorite shows.

Sharon--Why are you down in the dumps?

Lorrie 

• patoo
    edited October 2009
    Options

Okay, Monk it is.  Comes on at 5pm here.  Thanks.

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

I get that way now and again Lorrie.  I think it's just the aftermath and likely Arimidex playing with my hormones........or lack of. :(

Glad to hear your knee is a little better Patoo.

Yay Lorrie for working out.

I've done nothing today in the exercise dept.........and at this point I can't see it's gonna change.

I've cut up a whole truck load of parsley to dry and use in the winter months.  It's something I put off and put off and then in the middle of winter and I'm making soups etc..........I'm so glad I did.

However, I did not, nor do I intend to exercise today.  Please do not banish me.

• patoo
    edited October 2009
    Options

Honesty will NOT be banned.  You take it easy.  When I get on the treadmill later I will do a few steps for you.

• AnneW
    AnneW Member Posts: 612
    edited October 2009
    Options

Did an hour-long killer spin class today. Sweated up a storm. Now, I have to clean the house--white tornado time. Hubby just called from work to say he's invited some people over for dinner! House work burns off tons of calories. Better get hoppin'!

Anne

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

LOLOL, oh my Anne.  I'd not be too happy with DH if he did that to me.........unless parsley is a meal.Tongue out  I think you have a reasonable excuse not to exercise today.  And yet you already did!!

Oh thanks Patoo..................and here I was going to jog 20k.  Hahahah, just kidding, any extra steps for me are appreciated.

• septembersong
    edited October 2009
    Options

Got back to the gym today after slacking off for a few days. I find it so hard to get in even four days a week...

BUT today I did 20 mins. on the treadmill and 20 on the stationary bike. My bad knee is better, but I'm  walking at a pretty slow pace. I still don't know what my physical baseline is in terms of how much I can do without falling apart in one way or another.   I hope that gets better with time.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited October 2009
    Options

Walked an outlet mall yesterday.What a workout.I think I broke my creditcard.

Today will walk outside in this beautiful fall weather.We will see how long I can last.

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

It's lovely here today too Mum.  And I've not walked yet.  Making fish cakes, the kitchen smells like the wharf.

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Mmmmm...I'm getting hungry thinking about fish cakes.  I love fish cakes!

Well, no exercise for me today although I am housecleaning today.  It's snowing slightly here again and rain too so going for an outdoor walk won't happen.

Anne--that's great doing an hour long spin class.  I always feel more energized after a workout and I seem to breeze through housework.  LOL  

September--great workout for you.  Don't overdo it!  

Mum--I think my credit card gets a better workout than I do too!

Patoo--can you do a few steps for me too?

Have a lovely Sunday afternoon!

Lorrie 

• coonie
    edited October 2009
    Options

Ooohhhhhh I STILL haven't done any exercise this weekend.

I cleaned house yesterday, but took some breaks in between.

I don't think my heart rate got up very fastUndecided

Well, tomorrow is Monday and the start of a new week!!!

YEAH!!!!!! That's when I'll start-------TOMORROW!!Tongue out

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

Fishcakes are IN the freezer but the house still stinks............I LOVE the smell.

My name is Sharon and I did not exercise today.Embarassed