Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited December 2012

Great day yesterday w/the kids, they had fun with the ponies and Santa.

Manic Monday today.  Got my workout in first thing - treadmill run, HIIT 20 minutes followed by back and tris and I just added that huge battle rope to my routine.  Fun fun fun.....

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited December 2012

In the 50's yesterday so walked for a little over an hour, did 6.7 km = 4.16 mi.

Mary, how about some jingle bells for your shoelaces?  Cool 

Dental appt today so off work.  Supposed to be unseasonably warm so will walk later.

Have a great week ahead, everyone!

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited December 2012

Good morning-

Rather sedentary weekend; we had an incredible rainstorm that left our town with over 6" of rain.  Today I'm up and at 'em; going off to spin!  My weight has been creeping up, so this week I am going to be in 'cleansing' mode-lots of water, green leaves, fruit, and good protein.  It's a busy week ahead and that's just the way I like it.

I think that hitting the workout first thing in the morning is essential for me.  I am so prone to blowing it off later in the day!

Have a good Monday fellow LPODE's ("let's post our daily exercisers"!)

xo

Kim

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited December 2012

45 minute My Fitness Coach flexibility workout this morning- back is a bit stiff from all the raking and the long run yesterday, and when I got into triangle pose, I couldn't get out!!  Finally eased out of it, but geez did I feel old.  Been doing some gentle stretching ever since to stretch it out. 

Follow up opthamologist appt this morning for the retinal hole and dry eye.  Now I have one eye dialated - try working on a computer that way.  Undecided  Hopefully the drops will wear off soon.  But the hole in the retina is stable, so I don't have to see her for a year unless I get symptoms of a retinal tear. 

Playing hookey tomorrow to take a senior center trip to the White House to see all the holiday decorations.  Dh and I did that last year, and it's beautiful.  Going with a good friend this year and can't wait.  She's going through rough times (her mom is in hospice from kidney cancer) so it'll be a a nice chance to relax with her and gab all day. 

Kim - I've been thinking of you with all those storms out there!  Keep dry and safe.  I agree about having to do morning workouts - I hate to get up in the morning, but I finally figured out that I have to just bite the bullet and get up early to do my workouts in the morning, or else I just don't do it later in the day.  Badger - like the "bells on my toes" idea!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited December 2012

Did two classes at the gym this morning - body step and boday balance.  Then did some C'shopping and back in time to pickup son at train station.

Mary - have and wish I could go as well.

Have a good start to the week everyone!

• movetomaui
    movetomaui Member Posts: 67
    edited December 2012

Love all these posts ... made me feel lazy this weekend but I'm on it this week!  My youngest son (19 years) has a "to do" list for this afternoon.  He is to get our Treadmill back in working order (it has been folded up and moved in the basement).  So I am so looking forward to getting home and getting back on it!  Have the iPod all ready!  

I had my mastectomy on 10/12 with immediate placement of TE.  Couldn't have imagined walking and working out (bouncing) before I had a few fills.  Then I contracted a confirmed case of Influenza type A ... actually the whole school office where I work did too!  Was down and out for almost 2 weeks.  Not making excuses just explaining myself.  So today is officially day 1 of getting back in shape!  I am "filled to capacity" and just waiting for my exchange surgery which should be sometime in early February.

I'm looking for any Treadmill workouts if anyone has any!  

Look for my posts because I really feel that making myself accountable to all of you will motivate me to start and stay on track!

Thanks in advance for your continued inspiration!  Have an awesome week!

• whaevah
    whaevah Member Posts: 282
    edited December 2012

5k treadmill yesterday, upperbody light weights, exercise class today

have to ramp up my program to daily and push harder..

body pain/neuropathy from the last Taxol was a big nasty surprise. Still lingering  13 days PFC...and the ONLY relief is exercise.

Have a great week all~

• badger
    edited December 2012

Although it had rained and was threatening more, I got out for a nice walk this afternoon.

Logged 5.57 km = 3.46 mi listening to "Bike Tunes" tape from 8/88  Sealed (yes Aug 1988)

• movetomaui
    edited December 2012

Well I'm bummed ... my treadmill is currently DOA.  Tread running but too slow, won't increase with speed change.  Hubby took a quick look at it and will try and figure it out tomorrow Cry.  Not a big fan of exercising in the cold temps.  Coming up with Plan B in the meantime.

• movetomaui
    edited December 2012

I'm so bummed ... the treadmill is DOA!  The tread is moving but not up to speed.  Hopefully the hubby can fix it tomorrow.  Trying not to get discouraged ... don't have the money to be buying a new one with the holidays and everything that comes with another surgery in another calendar year.  I might have to move outside but getting home after it is already dark and not having sidewalks in my town makes the simple walk workout dangerous.  Maybe someone in the family has a working one that is just collecting dust.  Making some calls in the morning.

• movetomaui
    edited December 2012

I am bummed but I am also whining!  When did I become a whiner?  Think I need to put my big girl pants on and start walking ... with the dog and a reflective vest!  I know I'll get used to the weather.  There that's done ... I feel so much better.

• spicedlife
    spicedlife Member Posts: 79
    edited December 2012

I did the Firm Calorie Busting Video today. 

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited December 2012

Movetomaui, I'll bet you can find a used treadmill pretty easily.  Sux that you don't have sidewalks. 

I did about a 50 minute walk today.  I'm trying to switch up my schedule so I do my exercise first thing (well first thing after coffee) instead of in the evenings.   So far so good!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited December 2012

On the topic of reflective clothing.  I wear a cycling shell in Supernova yellow with reflective strips on top of this. You really need this in the low Northern daylight this time of year.  Plus, it keeps the rain out, another important point recently.

The jacket in the atavar photo also is reflective.  So I think worth the investment to be seen.

Just a short walk today on top of my weights/crunches.  On the other hand, my brain got a major workout.

Still feeling the weekend cycling.  A lot more work in the rain and wind. - Claire

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,536
    edited December 2012

Walked on the treadmill for an hour & did 15 minutes of random toning.

Move, could you check a sports equipment store that sells 'nearly new' equipment? Or rummage or estate sales? Or, do you have someone you know who is handy? Our treadmill was not working right, and a friend who does lots of home projects came over and looked at it. It needed a new motor (which cost $20 plus shipping) and he put it in for free (we will return the favor sooner or later). You need to be safe, have an exercise plan that fits into your schedule, and if you use a treadmill, you need one that works right or else it is hard on your knees etc.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited December 2012

Body Combat class tonight with the wonderful Eduardo woohooooooWink it's been months since I've worked out with him and as always it was amazing.  I'm juggling myself between 3 gyms I had every intention of going to a yoga class as well but I came out of gym 1 drenched in sweat and I had brought a change of clothes to go to gym 2 but I forgot a clean bra so I just came home, after combat don't think I could have done yoga anyway.

Mary have fun tomorrow, I saw online Bo the dog taking the tour and it looked fabulous I'll have to put that on my wish list.  Move does your town have a pennysaver newspaper/magazine cause sometimes you can find people getting rid of things inexpensively there, or like Ruth says maybe it can be repaired.

• movetomaui
    edited December 2012

Thanks for all the advice on the Treadmill and reflective clothing.  My hubby is pretty handy so I've got my fingers crossed.  Either way I'll be walking tonight.  And if he can't fix it I'll be trying to find one - I know that the Treadmill will keep me on track.  I used the Insanity program last winter to stay in shape and really enjoyed it and have been a faithful outside walker/runner during the warmer months.

Thanks again!

• movetomaui
    edited December 2012

Yay!  My treadmill seems to be fixed ... getting ready to officially workout.  Maxs out at 7.9 mph when you ask it for 10 mph but I'm not wanting to run a 6 minute mile anytime soon.  My next post should include a workout report Smile 

• movetomaui
    edited December 2012

Boob or no Boob ... tonight I put my big girl panties on, two sports bras, my pink ribbon headband and got on the Treadmill! Walked 2, 15-minute miles (thanks to a kick-ass iPod playlist)!  Must admit I got a little emotional. It has been 4 months since I exercised, 3 months since my Breast Cancer diagnosis, and 7 1/2 weeks since my Mastectomy.  I ROCKED IT!  Set a goal for 100 miles by New Years Eve! 

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited December 2012

Move- awesome!!! Feels amazing to get back yo it after all your body has endured. You are a strong kick ass cancer fighter and you keep going!! I cried my way through my first yoga class after surgery andchemo. I was so grateful to be back and for the ability to use my body. Wonderful.

Cheryl- you really must take a photo of Eduardo!!!

Took yesterday off as I was exhausted from the spin/core/yoga extravaganza on Sunday. Tonight was 90 minutes hot yoga. Turbo Fire on tap for Weds!

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited December 2012

Way to go, Movetomaui!

I did a 55 minute walk and some hooping practice.  Wore my skort for my walk because I was changing out of jammie bottoms and didn't feel like putting on jeans.  I learned that bare legs really encourages a brisk starting pace!  I may do it again.

• ruthbru
    edited December 2012

Hooray to Move for moving it !! Smile 

I dragged out one of those old, free tapes I got this fall. It is called Energy Sprint, is from 1993....and, holy cow, I have not worked so hard since 1993! It was the old Step Aerobics (luckily I still have a step): 40 minutes of aerobics, 15 each of legs, arms and abs. Very well done. Very tired me!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited December 2012

About two miles total of walking.  Do I get extra points for getting caught in the sidewise rain on my way back from the dry cleaners?

Way to go, Maui!  Also a great goal to accomplish by NYE!

I need to accomplish WORK as data run just came in and now a major emergency and a tight deadline.

Catch everyone later. - Claire

• ruthbru
    edited December 2012

Yes, you do get extra points for a sidewise rain....resistance training!

• hugz4u
    hugz4u Member Posts: 1,818
    edited December 2012

Reporting in from over at the lymphedema Kick butt thread.  I told Joy that I would drop in time to time. Well. Here goes.... I ate my head of today and only did 3 tai chi breathers exercises. This is not me normally so don't be fooled. I actually walk, stretch and breathe to manage my Lymphedema. I just felt so guilty that I had to get it off my chest.. or should I say FOOBS!

Regarding the girl that hoola hoops. Is the Wii game of hoola hooping as effective?I really get tired fast doing that when I pull out the Wii? Where can you buy the real exercise hoola hoops?

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited December 2012

Welcome hugz, nice to have you join us.  Move glad you got the treadmill up and running (get the punTongue Out).  Misswim I'm sending you a pm.  Like Ruth I did Step tonight but unlike Ruth I kind of did it half assed, I was kind of tired and my butt hurt from last night but I'm taking credit for doing it.  

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited December 2012

Hugs to you, too, hugz.   Move, what a great idea for a goal. I need that too. I tried keeping up with badger once, but it was impossible.   Joy, we are getting some wet snow now after the rain.   Ann, I'm envious of your bare legs.

Zumba'ed last night. 

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited December 2012
  • badger
    edited December 2012

hi ladies and welcome hugz4u!

Doc's office called with path results - no cancer - yay!  Follow up appt on Fri.

Got out for a walk at lunchtime and logged 4.25 km = 2.64 miles yesterday.

Heidihill, you are doing great with various exercises.  I just walk so must go far.

Attawoman Julie!  Here's my favorite treadmill video (slinky on a treadmill - epic!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=711bZ_pLusQ      ((hugs)) to all

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited December 2012

Nice run this morning - it was in the 50's!!!  Just beat the showers - now it's supposed to get colder and into the low 40's by this afternoon.  Riding lesson tonight (Ride & Sculpt????) - wish it would stay warm until then but no such luck.  Like anything else, though, once you get going the cold isn't an issue.

Off to work . . .