Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,536
    edited December 2012

Hi all, came home, did 35 minute FIRM Hard Core Fushion DVD, ate the leftover piece of pie, went to a college basketball game, came home & did a 25 minute FIRM Time Crunch toning DVD.....probably go do something else too due to the fact that I ate a hot dog and popcorn at the game.

(Unless you are a crazy baseball fan, you can skip this segment) Mary, I LOVE Denard Span, he is one of my favorite players, and I do not want you to have him, not even for somebody good!! Cry Cry Cry

Happy Weekend, All!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited December 2012

hi all, this is my post #24,000 and I can't think of anyone I'd rather spend it with.

Got in a nice walk at noon today, over to the Capitol then around the Square.

Logged 4.01 km = 2.49 miles for the day.

Jingle Bell 5K run/walk tomorrow morning, will walk there & back so good exercise day.

Julie, my favorite beginners yoga DVD is Rodney Yee's AM PM yoga.  Amazon has it for 14.97 (see link below).  There are two segments, each about 20 minutes.  He does the AM and Patricia Walden does the PM.  They're both good but I just love his voice so I do the AM routine a lot more.  Basic equipment needed is a yoga mat and a strap (to help you stretch safely).  http://www.amazon.com/A-M-P-M-Yoga-Rodney-Yee/dp/B00007JME6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354333023&sr=8-1&keywords=rodney+yee+am+pm+yoga

Namaste!

[ETA: his segment was filmed on location in Maui, Hawaii - gorgeous!]

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited December 2012

Did an aqua class today and enjoyed working out in the water and then had a nice jacuzzzi.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited December 2012

I worked out in the water, but differently.  It's pouring out, but I did get in a walk.

Plus crab cakes and champagne for a major celebration.  Some things that had been in the works forever came through today!  Major difference in Christmas for me.  So exciting.  Lots more to do, but turning the corner in a major initiative in my life.  I am so stoked.

Hoping to get in a ride tomorrow.  Then more work, as my other commitments don't stop.

But taking this evening to celebrate.  Happy exercising everyone. - Claire

• ruthbru
    edited December 2012

Congratulations, Claire!

Holy Cow, I will have to post like crazy to catch up with you, Badger! Smile

Did 15 minutes Buns of Steel to cap off the night.

• hbcheryl
    edited December 2012

Wow Badger that's amazing.  Congratulations Claire, we're only getting the tail end of what you guys are enduring so it's just been drizzly all day here.  

• movetomaui
    movetomaui Member Posts: 67
    edited December 2012

Badger ... thanks for the Yoga link!  I will definitely check that one out ... especially if it was filmed on location in Maui (no place I would rather be!)  Absolutely no Yoga experience here.  So happy it's a good one for beginners! 

Have a fun Jingle Bell 5K!  Wisconsin/Illinois is set for some awesome weather this weekend - 61 tomorrow and 65 forecasted for Sunday near Chicago.

Wow ... I'm up to a total of 18 posts Tongue Out

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited December 2012

Maui, of course. In the beginning I felt like I couldn't do a thing (given the bilateral situation). Slowly, I realized that wasn't the case. Apart from exercise warding off recurrence, there is also some recent evidence to suggest that it can be helpful with LE as well (which would make sense). So exercise is definitely the way to go, IMO, on both counts, you just need to have a sense of hows and whens.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited December 2012

Maui, I clicked on Cheryl's link and saw some Jane Fonda videos on the same page, including a new one to be released Dec. 4 called am/pm yoga for beginners. I will probably get this because I think if Jane can do it at her age, I can too!

Joy, I found the Firm videos on amazon.de in English. The layout is the same as the Amozon English sites so maybe you can use it even in German. Or use google translator.

Great job, CLaire!

Did some kickboxing with hand weights.

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited December 2012

Congrats Claire!!! Love the new pic:)

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited December 2012

Chores N Sculpt for me today - already cleaned out the litter boxes, did a load of laundry, emptied the dishwasher, and tightened the blades on the ceiling fan in the bedroom so they'd stop that annoying clattering.  More laundry, raking, other chores, and some shopping on the schedule for the rest of the day.  I remember back in my chemo days when I could barely get out of bed some days, so in a weird way I appreciate so much just being able to do normal Saturday chores like everyone else.

(More crazy baseball talk warning) Ruth - Your opinion of Span tallies with everything else I've read about him.  Besides talent, he also seems to be a good character guy.  I'm already following him on Twitter - he tweeted out that he's trying to learn what "Natitude" is.  I think he'll fit right in.  Now we'll definitely have to take in a Nats game during your DC visit this summer - maybe get seats just behind center field???  Wink

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited December 2012

OH I love your new picture, Claire.  You look so much like the athlete that you are!

Easy day today - a "walk don't run" day.  Had a comfortable 4 mile walk this morning, a few snow flurries made it pretty.  Then I went to the gym and did bench press and shoulders.  Home again, I'm finishing up my coffee and newpapers, then later on it's off to Shop & Sculpt - my LEAST favorite activity!!!  I do want to get a North Face jacket for myself for Christmas - actually it will be for hubby to give me - but I've heard how nice and toasty warm they are . . .Luv to all!

• claire_in_seattle
    edited December 2012

YAY.....the rain is letting up!!!  So off in a bit cycling.  Have to get out a piece of work first. 

Picture is from the Group Health article and found on their website yesterday when looking up the Oncology dept number.  I have a January 6 month coming up, so wanted to book.  Jan 6 weigh-in so will keep me moving over the Christmas holidays.  I asked my contact there if he could send me the original digital one.

Anyway, the article is featured there to encourage new cancer patients to plan on exercising throughout treatment.  That was one of the things on my bucket list.

Enjoy your new jacket LuLu!!  These make all the difference.  Socks are wonderful too.  And we should mention nice scarves.  Love it all. - Claire

Cycling will be 50-60 miles total this weekend.  I am also walking 3 miles today as have a makeover plus photo shoot scheduled at Nordstrom.  I love their flagship store here in Seattle.

Happy exercising.  With cycling, I don't need to do any other leg shaping other than lifts to tighten my inner thighs.  I do those with the exercise ball.  Then I am done.  X-country skiing does even better for my butt (and everywhere else).

• whaevah
    whaevah Member Posts: 282
    edited December 2012

Thank you NatsFan, I was looking for that info. !

Treadmill today , 45 mins, light weights and stretches. Deported on Wednesday so back to yoga! Still at the gym so plugging along.

Congrats Claire and Happy weekend All!

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited December 2012

Ran 3 miles for the first time today.  Yay.  (c:

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited December 2012

Yin yoga yesterday, my favourite way to enter the weekend and today just did a 5 k walk but sooo slooow coming back - my sliding hemoglobin is letting me know my limits.

• misswim
    edited December 2012

Went to aa two and half hour yoga "party" last night. Anusara teacher,very cool guy. He used me as an example in wheel pose- I think because I am comfy with my backbends and I am flexible. I held it FOREVER, probably longer than I should have, and I am paying today. My ribs and back are so sore. I was thrilled though, I was able to hold a handstand off the wall for a few seconds, something I have never done. Learned alot ablout alignment.

Diid Fire 30 from Turbo Fire and then helped my husband drag brush at a neighbor's home all day. He is one of our favorite neighbors and is recovering from a stroke and we wanted to do what we could to help him clean up his property before the snow falls (which it did today! 3 inches!). I am sore everywhere.

Going to a spin class with a girlfriend who has never tried and then we are going to the yoga class right after. I think a nap is on tap for the afternoon!

Adey- awesome! Congrats! :)

Claire, I hope you had a wonderful, relaxing pampering session at Nordstrom. And congrats on your good news. You are awesome, my dear, and really inspiring :)

Mariane- Good for you for listening to your body. I read your blog. What a very cool life you lead! I'd love to do some of the climbs you describe!

Thank you for the avatar compliments! I cut the chemo curls off and colored my hair. I love it. It is starting to grow back though- and- it's wiry and kinky. Think I am being stuck with chemo curls!

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited December 2012

Boy I skipped one day and look what I missed.  misswim, way to go on the free handstand!  Claire, congrats on the milestone!  Adey, 3 miles, wow.  Ruth, consistent as ever with the Firm DVDs.  Badger, 24,000 posts, w00t!

I walked in the rain yesterday for about an hour and a half.  Didn't think I'd gone that long but I guess I was slowed down by avoiding puddles.  Tonight I did some hula hoop practice and will be doing another walk with the hubby later.  He got inspired to get new shoes like I did so I'm hoping he may start walking a bit further with me.  I don't mind walking alone but I like to see him spending more time exercising and less time sitting in a chair.

• ruthbru
    edited December 2012

Hi! Busy day. Managed to get in lots of exercise along with everything else, but went to a Christmas party tonight, so no doubt regained any weight lost earlier.

Mary, I would love to see Denard. Along with everything else, he has a very cool name! Smile

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited December 2012

Yay, Adey! That's a big milestone.

Need to lose some weight before a Christmas party this coming Saturday. I will have to spend more time at the gym or out in the snow.

Zumba yesterday, including a number incorporating Gangnam Style. So much fun.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited December 2012

good evening/good morning ladies!  Did the Jingle Bell 5k walk in 51:16 this morning, pretty slow time but that's OK.  There were lots of walkers which I was glad to see.  Next year, I will wear my reindeer antlers! 

Walked there and back so logged 7.01 km = 4.36 miles for the day.

Yeah, lots of posts from back when I was gaming a lot, steroid buzz or sleepless nights etc.  Kind of crazy but there are several of us here over 20K posts so I'm in good company.

Adey, congrats on running 3 miles.

Claire & misswim, love the new avatar pix.

Mary & Ruth, you guys pick the weekend, based on the baseball schedule, and I'll be there!

Keep up the good work everyone!

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited December 2012

8 mile run, nice out, temp in the 30's with a light dusting of snow.  Supposed to get up into the 50's later and that will be nice because I'm taking my 2 nieces and their babies (boy age 4, boy age 2, girl age 2) for "Breakfast with Santa" at the barn where I ride.  We went last year, it's a great breakfast buffet, everything home cooked, and they get to have their pictures taken with Santa and on the ponies, then they get to do a lot of running around outside and on the trails in the woods in the fresh air.  Can't beat that!

Have a great day, everyone . . .

• ruthbru
    edited December 2012

Pretty nice out, walked for an hour with a friend & did a little thigh work. Next, it's out to supper. I am too scared to step on the scale!!!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited December 2012

5 mile run in prep for the Jingle all the Way 8K in DC next weekend.  It was a good run - beautiful day around 50 degrees - but I'm tired! I'm usually more of a 5K girl, so I wanted to make sure I could handle the longer distance.  Now I need to stop at Five Below and pick up some antlers or something to wear next week.  Tongue Out

Adey - I can't tell you how impressed I am with your running 3 miles.  You started that C25K program and just kept plugging away.  I know a couple of times you had medical setbacks, but you just picked yourself up, dusted yourself off, and started all over again.  And now you did it - congrats!!!!  You must feel great for doing it!

Badger - good for you for walking the 5K so soon after surgery - you rock!  Thanks for the antler suggestion!

• misswim
    edited December 2012

Spin/Core hour class this am, then hot yoga. Holy cow, I am pooped. 2.5 dtraight hours of butt kicking.

Claire, I "rode" 23 miles and thought of you and Cheryl the whole way!

Adey, 3 miles is awesome!! Congrats. 

Girls- totally there on the baseball game!! Can't wait!

• claire_in_seattle
    edited December 2012

I rode again today for about 27 miles.  Got a major workout as was windy and a few showers with sidewise rain.  Was rewarded with a rainbow.

Came back to the work I didn't do yesterday so still at it.  Had a wonderful bath though to calm my sore shoulders and back muscles.  (A lot harder cycling when wet and windy.) - Claire

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited December 2012

6 km walk and yoga and too tired to say anything else!

• hbcheryl
    edited December 2012

Badger you are amazing, nothing keeps you down. Adey congratulations. Lulu your day sounds wonderful, I hope the kids had a load of fun. Heidi the sh’bam that I did last week also had a Gangnam style dance in it, it was fun but I’m sick of that song now, been spinning to it for weeks now. Too funny misswim, I always think of you all when I wear my shirt, it’s like you’re all in class with me. Nats you know I’m not a baseball fan but you know I’ll be there for the stadium foodInnocent

Did Body Step class today and Body Combat yesterday, later this week you’ll start seeing an infomercial for Les Mills Combat which is the home version of my class.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited December 2012

I was a bad girl this weekend. Not only did I have wine and dessert both days, I also didn't do any exercise other than walking my dog. Back to the gym and sobriety today.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited December 2012

Brisk trail hike with a friend this morning - 32 degrees and icy outside.   I was bad this weekend - too much wine and dessert, and a hearty dinner last night.  'Tis the season.  Back to it this week!  

heidihill   Will see if amazon.de will work for DVD's.  I do need the American system DVD's, we will see.  In the meantime I'm re-visiting some old DVD's that I forgot that I had.  Smile  We are getting snow for the next 3 days - you must be too?