Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,536
    edited December 2012

GLAD all your tests came out good, Badger. Whew!

Welcome hugz!

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited December 2012

Great news badger!

So last night was my first spin class - It was supposed to be a beginner class, but some of the ladies there were definitely not beginners!  But our instructor helped me get the bike set up, and she was good about helping us with our form throughout the workout.  That being said, I could not keep up with her, not even the resting 80 rpm with no resistance.  But as she kept pointing out, its all about doing what you can do, and if you are too pooped to pedal standing then sit back down!  Love that I have control of the resistance, and I definitely will be going back.  But I was major pooped last night, took a hot shower and crawled into bed early.  Feeling it in the legs this morning too.  Did manage to do some classical stretch this morning.  No walk at lunch today, leaving early to go donate platelets, first time since my diagnosis.

• movetomaui
    movetomaui Member Posts: 67
    edited December 2012

Thanks so much for all the encouragement!  You ladies ROCK!

Misswim - I wasn't emotional till I hit about 3/4 mile then on and off the rest of the workout.  I too am feeling grateful for feeling strong enough to start a program.  Thanks!

Momine - Thank you for the super cute link to the youtube video!  How thoughtful!

Badger - So happy that your pathology report has positive news!  I hope you don't mind that I'm jumping on the wagon and setting a mileage goal for myself.  How far have you gone since you started?  I remember reading it back in the thread but can't remember now (think it was maybe in the thousands?).  Can't wait to get home and watch your link to the Treadmill workout on youtube ... stupid firewall and security stuff at work prevents me from watching them here.  Thanks for the link!

I'm kinda new too ... but welcome Hugz.  Super group of ladies you and I have found!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited December 2012

Wll done Movetomaui!

Did freestyle step at the gym and watched it snow during class. 

Hugz - welcome!

Badger - good news indeed.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited December 2012

Did a Kathy Corey spine corrector class - ahhh - that woman is amazing, and a brisk walk with the dog.  The sun peeked out, first time in days and it was just gorgeous.  

badger   Great news on the path report!!  

hugz  Good to see you here - welcome!  

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited December 2012

Hi hugz!  I never tried the Wii game.  Hoops are generally custom made.  I made a hoop out of irrigation tubing using instructions I found online but it turned out a bit lopsided because the tubing was coiled too tightly.  I then ended up buying two hoops from the instructor at my class who makes them.  Hoopnotica.com also sells hoops and DVDs geared toward fitness.  I watched a couple of their beginner DVDs from Netflix.  I am mostly learning from YouTube at this point.  When I want another hoop I will probably try hoopsupplies.com.  It is great fun but you do need a fair amount of space if you want to hoop indoors.  I have already whacked the ceiling, walls, floors, and even the TV (oops).

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited December 2012

Hi all!

Badger, great to see your results, yahoo!

Hi Hugz and Maui!

So far this week-spin Monday morning, Pilates Monday afternoon, 4 mile run Tuesday morning, Yoga Tuesday afternoon, 4 mile run this morning and a bone building (jump rope, jumping jacks, basketball bouncing running, etc.) session.  Yeah, I'm tired now!

Signed up for the "Nuts across the Bay" 12K in March, excited to do that again.  Running across the Golden Gate Bridge is thrilling.

Hope all are doing well.

xo

Kim

• FriendGwen
    FriendGwen Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2012

Last night I did the elliptical for 15 minutes and then the treadmill for 15 minutes while waiting for my scripts at the pharmacy across from the gym. Today I walked 3 miles during lunch. Tomorrow I start my first round of chemo! I started an online diary today so that I could monitor both my treatment, side effects, diet and exercise. I have this vision that by this time next year I will have written a fabulous article on how exercise got me throught treatment with minimal side effects and a glorious slimmer, stronger body! How's that for visualization?

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited December 2012

Go Gwen!!!  Wonderful news, Badger!

I am slugging away at the computer as lots to do and a tight deadline.  Plus a party tonight and one tomorrow evening.  Someone has to do this celebration work!!!  I am walking to the one tonight as the Wine Bar's 10th Anniversary.  Great wine and eats.

Tomorrow's is one with my market research association.  Even better eats, or at least last year's were fab.  But less great wine.

The sun is out here today and the Olympic Mountains are.......well, Olympian!  Just spectacular with all the snow.

Back to my work.  Loving it that I am overflowing that way.  So different than a year ago, and for this, I am grateful. - Claire

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited December 2012

HI everyone I would like to join your group. 

friendgwen exercise really did get me through chemo. The steroids made me jumpy so I got on my elliptical to work it off. When I was tired a little exercise gave me energy. It def does reduce the side effects. Good luck to you I bet your'll do great.

I work in retail so on my feet a lot. My knees have fluid that has caused baker's systs and I have plantars facciitus in my feet. SO exercise is a challenge. But I went to physical therapy and that helps. She gave me 15 mins of exercise to stretch and strengthen and it is helping. Also I had my nipple surgery 5 weeks ago so jsut getting back into again.

Monday I did zumba my fav thing to do. Last night did 15 mins on treadmil. Today I just did my physical therapy stuff. I worked from 12 to 5 and my feet hurt. 

• ruthbru
    edited December 2012

Hi Carrol!

Felt kind of beat up from my 1993 exercise tape of yesterday, so did a nice 30 minute indoor walking one and 30 minutes of abs/buns.

Need to ponder the Christmas card situation & make a plan for getting them done.

'Night all!

• spicedlife
    spicedlife Member Posts: 79
    edited December 2012

Ok Ruth, in your honor and because you all are getting in my head (Thanks Very Much!!!Keep up the good work) I will do pilates now! 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited December 2012

hi ladies and welcome Carrol, good to see you here!

Jenny, that's The Voices, our collective encouragement to exercise.

I walked at lunchtime and logged 4.7 km = 2.92 miles for today.

Julie, I don't mind a bit, would love some company on the bandwagon!

Look for my mileage in signature line, I update it daily.  Up to 3,028.3 miles.

I started with a goal of 500 miles and worked backwards so I didn't get discouraged.

It was so much more motivating to see 500 - 499 - 498 than it was to see 1 - 2 - 3.

Once I had 500 miles in, I started counting upwards and haven't stopped.  Cool

• ruthbru
    edited December 2012

Good job, Jenny!

• nibbana
    nibbana Member Posts: 349
    edited December 2012

Having fun with my medicine ball. Just don't realize how heavy six pounds is until your tossing a ball back and forth.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited December 2012

Badger whew, so happy for you.  Welcome Carrol.

Tonight I did Body Combat with the wonderful Eduardo oooeee tomorrow my butt is going to hurt I can feel it already, he really encourages me to work harder.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited December 2012

Welcome Carrol!

I went to the gym yesterday like a good girl. 40 minutes on the treadmill (and a 10-minute walk there and the same back) and 40 minutes of machines and tiny free weights. Then I walked the dog a couple of times, so a pretty good day.

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited December 2012

Hi Carroll!

45 minutes of The Firm Calorie Killer. Hoping it lived up to it's name.

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited December 2012

Good morning, all...Welcome Carrol -great group to join.

8 mile run this morning was in the 20's as opposed to yesterday's 50's. OUCH.  And my running partner invited an even YOUNGER running partner to join us this morning. I'm literally 20 years older than this one. These "kids" are killing me.

Time to dry my hair, get dressed and back out into the cold.  Off to work I go.

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited December 2012

No exercise for me yesterday :(  But I'm hoping for a nice walk at lunch today, and then spinning class tonight.

• movetomaui
    edited December 2012

Welcome Carroll!  I'm new to this thread too ... these ladies are awesome and you will feel both motivated and encouraged!

The Treadmill continues to work perfectly.  Did another 2, 15-minute miles!  Hoping to increase the mileage soon (I'll have to in order to reach my goal).

Really wacked my arm (BC side) yesterday doing laundry.  Surprised this morning that I don't have a huge bruise.

Have an awesome day!

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited December 2012

Hi Carrol!

Maui, bruising your arm doing laundry = no more laundry for you!Laughing  Seriously, I hope it feels better today.  

LuvLuLuu, you are very motivating, I'm going to be trying to approach your running discipline.  I love running, not very graceful at it, but I love the feeling of fresh air and exercise.  If you can do it in MA, I can certainly keep it up in CA!

Cheryl, I agree with MissSwim...Eduardo pics! Yay!

Knee is swollen up as per usual from the bone builder jumping, but I compensate in my head by saying "my spine and hips are thankful!"  Today I am on  the "rest" day, which is yoga this afternoon.  Tomorrow is a big run and weights.

XOXOX

Kim

• movetomaui
    edited December 2012

dazdnfused - Love it ... no more laundry for me Tongue Out if only that were possible!

badger ... Someone on another thread joked about me walking to Maui so I did a little research.  Found a distance calculator and from my hometown in Illinois to our favorite Maui town it is a total of 4,166 miles!  If I walk 3 miles for the next 1,388 days I might get there in about 4 years (I think I did the math right)!  Probably will be a future goal ... that would DEFINITELY motivate me!

Thanks for pointing out that you update your mileage on the bottom of each post.  WOW you have walked 3,025 miles!  That is so AWESOME.  How long did that take you?

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited December 2012

45 minutes of Tracey Mallet FuseDance - lots of plies and lunges, whew.  

We had a beautiful snow today, and a forecast of a lot more this weekend!  Looks like cross country skiing this weekend!  Cool  

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited December 2012

Yesterday I danced all the way through an Aimee Mann CD (twice) and did some hooping practice.  Taxol #10 today and will do my walk afterward.  Still not sure I'm liking the Vibram's shoes.  I've adjusted but I kinda miss the old big, cushy soles. 

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,855
    edited December 2012

badger: That's what I'm talking about! Congratulations! Sure does take a load off your mind, doesn't it.

Hello to everyone! I love reading everyone's post and feeling the determination and motivation.

I haven't been active (other than regular walking around). Going for a colonoscopy tomorrow morning. Oh boy. 

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited December 2012

Checking in - the White House tour was beautiful - the Red Room, the Green Room, the Blue Room, the State Dining Room, etc.  It was a perfect day - almost 70 degrees and sunny - so we spent the rest of the day walking around enjoying DC.  Can you believe they're already building the stands for the Inauguration at the Capitol and the viewing stands for the parade along Pennsylvania Avenue? 

I had two doctor's appts today and their locations were just a few miles apart.  Normally I would have treated myself to a lunch out during that hour.  Instead, I drove to the second doctor's office, parked the car, then walked for an hour till my appointment.  I was so proud of myself!!  Didn't go back to work after the second appointment, so took the opportunity to do a quick 2 miles run just now before it got dark. 

Sounds like everyone is doing well.  Great news Badger!  Maui - look at you exercising again - I was tearing up just reading your account.  Cheryl - you and Eduardo - Reunited and It Feels So GOOOOOOOOOD! Cool  Wonder - colonoscopy prep is one of my least favorite things in the world, so I feel for you.  At least once you get through the prep, the actual procedure is easy.  It'll be over before you know it. 

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited December 2012

No exercise today. Got a call last night about 3:45 a.m. that my dad had a major stroke. I've spent the last 12 hours at the ICU. Exhausted. He's stable but critical.

Hope all is well.

• suzilla
    suzilla Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012

Hello Ladies!!! I have not posted on this thread before....so here it goes... Well, before I was diagnosed with IBC stage 3b, I was a really active woman whom excercised like three times per week, especially running. I have done the A/C treatments and two rounds of taxol which I am receiving every other week for a total of 4.  I was wondering if anyone is still exercising and running miles while on taxol treatments? Would appreciate your replies. Thanks.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited December 2012

Suzilla, welcome! I can't run because of a bad back, but I walked a lot during taxotere treatment, even though I also had days in bed feeling splatto.