Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited December 2012

Thinking of you today misswim.

Got a walk in at lunch yesterday, but that's about it.  Neighborhood cookie swap last night, so I'm set for cookies. Lazy today, so no classical stretch and no gym after work, but I will try to get out and walk at lunch.  Today is my last day at work before Christmas, still got tons of wrapping and even mailing to do.  Why is it that when you get an extra week to prepare you are way behind instead of ahead?  Kids are coming in tomorrow night - yay!  Hope all my BCO friends have a wonderful holiday.  I'll try to check in next week.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited December 2012

Thinking of you today misswim.  Heidi - {{hugs}}  Cheryl - I'm beyond impressed at your cookie making - wow!  Pat - agree about the extra week between Tkg and Christmas causing more time crunch issues than normal - we finally mailed out the Christmas cards yesterday!  BTW, what's the classical stretch DVD you do?  I'm looking for a stretching/flexibility DVD as part of my race training as I've been told that I absolutely need to do something like that.  Claire - I bet that new computer is flying!

30 minutes core/weights plus Lebeds this morning. 

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited December 2012

ok slippery roads in KC on my day off so I am not going anywhere. Canceled my hair appointment and an appointment to place my Mary Kay order, I am a consultant. My director will call me and do my order over the phone. BTW pm me here if you need anything and I will give you a 20% discount.

so can't go to the gym and I don't want to get lazy and graze in front of the TV. So I am typing here that I am going to do my FIRM dvds that way I have to do it now.

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited December 2012

Hi girls.......home. In pain. Good news is, successful surgery. Lift is great. And if the fat grafting works, I have some serious clevage, something I have not had since BMX. These FOOBS almost look natural! Yipee!

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited December 2012

9000 steps and only day 2 after Taxol #1 so feeling good about that!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,538
    edited December 2012

Glad you are 'looking good', misswim Smile.

An hour on the treadmill & 30 of abs. Yikes, do I still have a lot to get done around here!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited December 2012

Hope the pain goes away soon, Misswim. What fun - foobs for Christmas!

Kickboxing and kettlebells for 45 minutes. Lots of walking with heavy shopping bags.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited December 2012

Nice report Misswim and gald you are happy with the results.Smile

I had a funny yesterday.  I wear a prosthesis in my bra of healthy right breast to balance my over fat grafted filled left breast (to be reduced mid January).  I was getting ready for bed last night and said, oh dear, my prosthesis is missing!Surprised It must have slipped out of the bottom of my bra at the mall or superstore, LOL. I don't think I'll go to lost and found to enquire.Sealed

Off to freestyle step and bodybalance.  Last week I did a downward and upward dog for the first time in 6 months (injection for frozen shoulder has worked) with tears of joy and going for a repeat.Wink

Have a good Friday Everyone!

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited December 2012

Good to hear, Misswim.  LilacBlue, how good those downward / upward dogs must feel!!!  I'm wondering if I'll ever do a "bow" or "wheel" again.

Good workout this morning, HIIT on the treadmill followed by legs and stretch.

Too much food this past week!!  Luv to all.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited December 2012

Misswim - cleavage - hubba hubba!  Cool  Lilac - how wonderful to be able to do downward and upward dog - I can't do them or a lot of other yoga poses thanks to stupid LE.  As you can imagine I have a really ugly sun salutation!

35 minutes treadmill run last night, 30 minutes elliptical this morning.  Off to the cabin this weekend - first time in a few weeks so we're looking forward to it.  High winds are predicted for tonight and tomorrow, so I may be doing some Chainsaw N Sculpt this weekend if we have any trees come down!

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited December 2012

Misswim, congratulations on the cleavage!

LilacBlue, I hope that lost prosthesis wasn't the pricey kind.  I had frozen shoulder two and a half years ago (not related to BC or surgery) and I just noticed I can do down dog again with only a little pain.  I'm going to get on the mat and see if I can work out those last kinks before surgery.  I hear it's very unlikely to have it in the same shoulder twice so I"m hoping it won't happen again.

Well ladies, I finished chemo!!! w00t!!!  In twelve hours I get to remove the dressing over my PICC line hole and take a real shower!  One more Neupogen shot Monday, then a couple weeks til my final MRI.  Nothing to do for a while but recover and watch my hair grow (it got a good start during Taxol).

Last night we celebrated with dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, and after my huge full tummy settled, I did some hooping, a lot of freeform dancing to Aimee Mann, and a bit of yoga/stretching.

• lilacblue
    edited December 2012

Ann, I'm so happy for you - salute!  Not expensive and have another.  You hoop it up wonderful woman!Kiss

Mary, I'll bet your sun salutation is much prettier than you have judged.

LuvLuLu, I hope a bow and wheel are in your future.

• ruthbru
    edited December 2012

Congratulations, Ann!!!!

• _Ann_
    edited December 2012

Thanks LilacBlue and Ruth!  One thing I'll miss about chemo is these Decadron-induced up days.  Today I was up at seven, baked a pie, returned a couple phone calls, went for a seventy minute walk, then visited with a neighbor.  But now it's time for a nap!

• ruthbru
    edited December 2012

45 on the treadmill & 30 pilates. I am washing clothes & need to pack. Tomorrow we leave for The Family Christmas. Since all of the get-togethers have been here for the last number of years, I am very much looking forward to being the guest instead of the host! Happy Holidays and much love to you all. 'See' you on Thursday!!!

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited December 2012

Hour of cardio and abs, did a DVD inside as it's super cold outside.  I'm woefully behind in getting in enough activity these days, oh boy.  

Happy Holidays, and a very Merry Christmas to those that celebrate.  Safe travels to those that are visiting family, and   hope that everybody has a great holiday filled with warm memories.  

• nicole503
    nicole503 Member Posts: 99
    edited December 2012

Happiness is......finding the sweet spot when swimming stops feeling like physical therapy and starts feeling like a joyous expression of strength.  5o lenghts of the pool was definitely enough for me almost 6 weeks post BMX.  So glad I was able to go this morning.

I start chemo on Thursday and am hoping to have enough energy to keep swimming and possibly do some yoga over the next 16 weeks.

Walking out of the community center this morning into a beautiful winter sun and blue sky, I felt really happy. Today is one of those busy Saturdays that will slowly crescendo into a date night with my super supportive husband at one of our super favorite restaurants. This is a happy day indeed!

Wishing all of you exercise inspiration angels a very good day!

• FriendGwen
    FriendGwen Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2012

Nicole - what a great post! I'm 16 days post first chemo treatment and feel fantastic. Don't worry, you will have lots of happy days all through treatment! Have a great date night!

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited December 2012

Fever and unknown reason again and raining lots so no exercise for me! It will improve!

• misswim
    edited December 2012

Mariane-watch that fever and feel better.

Still in rest and recover mode. Sore and swiilen.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited December 2012

Nicole   Beautiful post!   mariane  Hope you're feeling better really soon.   misswim  Hoping for a fast recovery.  

Woke up to falling snow Laughing  Wishing for enough to go x-country skiing!   

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited December 2012

Nicole, so glad for your latest post.  Sounds like a great day indeed!

This morning 8 miles, temps in the 20's but nice once you get going and the blood gets flowing.  Followed with the usual bench press, then shoulders at the gym.  Then off to Stop & Shop (grrrrrr) to Shop & Sculpt.  Later I will cook & sculpt followed by wrap & sculpt.  Happy Happy Joy Joy to all!!!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited December 2012

I am STILL catching up with the change/upgrade in computers.  Can't believe I was ahead of the game as of Tuesday AM, but all that abruptly changed.  Anyway, I do have my puddings a-steaming, so will be ready to deliver the first two later today (with hard sauce).

I did a ride yesterday, and amazingly in SUNSHINE!  I will sneak in another today, and then a ton of walking delivering puddings and other errands.

I tried on my new x-country boots, so will be giving them a real test tomorrow.  It's supposed to be sunny in the mountains, so can't wait to go.  Plus sunshine for at least part of next weekend.

Wishing all of you lovely ladies, the most wonderful and joyous Christmas ever! - Claire

• nicole503
    nicole503 Member Posts: 99
    edited December 2012

An hour long fast walk in our hilly park with a girlfriend this morning.  A lovely innoculation of sanity for the Christmas craziness that seems to be alighting on both mine and my husband's families of origin.  What is Christmas without a little family stress, after all??  Thank goodness for refreshing walks ~ rain or not!

• lilacblue
    edited December 2012

Happy Christmas Eve Everyone!

Went to the gym for body step and pilates and needed that! Yesterday was our son's 14th b'day so I made a decadent chocolate cake and may have counter balance on crumb, LOL. 

Misswim, sending you healing - recovery vibes.

Nicole503 - You are so right!

• _Ann_
    edited December 2012

Walked about an hour and fifteen minutes yesterday and worked on a couple hoop tricks.  Rainy day today.  Happy Christmas Eve everyone!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited December 2012

Did a spin class on saturday morning and since then have been nose to the grindstone at work had some complications with one big job but the silver lining is that all weekend friends came and helped me out so we sat round the worktable working, visiting and enjoying each others company I am truly blessed both my IRL friends and all of you, my virtual friends, wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and may the joys of the season be with you all.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited December 2012

Hi Ladies,

I am finally in for the evening.  Went skiing, and got my butt whiipped.  Then, I still wasn't done with errands, so did those.  I think I am bagging Midnight Mass this year.  I can't do it as have stuff in the AM to do.

I did get puddings to everyone on my list, so that is a good thing.

PLUS.....some doofus misjudged the snow bank at the ski parking, so got stuck.  I got in good, but finally six people were able to push me out.  The guy who figured it out left his gloves in my car, and I have no way of finding him.  I feel so badly about this.  I thought I had enough clearance to be fine, but a classic case of "plowed in".  Anyway, all is well, and hope the guy gets new gloves for Christmas.

It takes some doing to get a Subaru stuck.

My new boots are fab, so uphills are easier!  Plus, much better control on downhills.  YAY!!!!  I did relearn where my hip flexors are located.  OUCH!  Plus, it always takes a trip around the easy trails to get my lungs used to 3000+'.

Anyway, a new woman following a bath.  Wine and dinner next......  Merry Christmas everyone! - Claire

• misswim
    edited December 2012

Merry Christmas to all!

• movetomaui
    movetomaui Member Posts: 67
    edited December 2012

May the good times and treasures of the present become the golden memories of tomorrow. I wish all of you lots of love, joy and happiness. MERRY CHRISTMAS!