Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,538
    edited December 2012

Hopefully, you are now rogue stitch-free Mary! Don't know anything about fills, maui. Somebody should have some advice though. My only thought is "Youch!!"

30 minutes on the treadmill, 30 of Arms/Abs/Buns of Steel. I'm not going to complain about my cold after Marianelizabeth's post! I second your awesomeness!!

• FriendGwen
    FriendGwen Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2012

Had my first of three sessions with a personal trainer today. We did weights and lunges and then I did 25 minutes on the elliptical. It felt fantastic!!

• encoremom
    encoremom Member Posts: 38
    edited December 2012

Could only work in a half hour of a TV Exercise aerobics class today between working at home.  At least it's something.. 

Mary, hope everything went well today.

Gwen, good for you!  Continue to move!

Ruth, hope you feel better soon!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,855
    edited December 2012

Marianelizabeth: The exact thing happened to me after my last AC tx! 3 days in the hospital with blood transfusions and IV fluids. My 1st Taxol was also delayed. I didn't care. I felt SO GOOD - I didn't walk 5k but I felt like I could. Glad you are feeling better. May Taxol be milder on you.

Ruth: Sorry you have a cold. Ugh.

Mary: Glad your suture was found and removed! Hope you heal completely this time.

Good evening all. I had a night meeting but I was able to sneak in a couple of miles with my Leslie Sansone CD before leaving for the meeting.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited December 2012

Wonderland congratulations on the good scan, Marian you are amazing, Mary so glad you got that pesky rogue stitch outta there, Pat glad you're enjoying the spinning, Merlcat I know it's a drag but yes it is worth it.  Lilac hope you had a nice visit with your friends are you in Kent?

Another evening of Body Combat and my shoulders are feeling it already.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited December 2012

I got in a walk post meeting, and then more work.  But great things happening on all fronts.  Cycling club party tomorrow evening.

Have one more thing to research, then off to bed. - Claire

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited December 2012

Marian, that sounds seriously un-fun, but I am glad you feel better.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited December 2012

Good morning ladies, had an auspicious start to my day.  Went out to get the newspaper at 5 a.m. and saw an awesome shooting star!  Went on-line and learned it is time for the Geminids meteor showers.  Cool!

Yesterday, I was pulled into a late-morning meeting so didn't walk at lunchtime but went to the track after work.  Walked enough to log 8.07 km = 5.01 miles for the day.  Came home and cooled down with 20 mins of p.m. yoga.  Then had supper and fell fast asleep on the couch.  Feel GREAT today.

Wonderland, yay for good report. 

Mary, so glad that rogue suture is gone.

Ruth, hope you are feeling better.

Julie, ouch!  I'm unreconstructed so no advice about fills.  When is your exchange?

marianelizabeth, sorry to hear of hospital stay but glad you're out & able to exercise.

Time to go get ready for work.  Have a great day my sculpted friends!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited December 2012

Mariane, glad you are back from the hospital AND exercising!

Friendgwen,YAY!

I missed two days of exercise, the first time I've had such a big exercise gap in five years, apart from during hospital stays. Back at the gym today. DD was sleeping at home with the flu.

• movetomaui
    movetomaui Member Posts: 67
    edited December 2012

Only got in 3 miles on the treadmill last night (planned to do 5) ... but I jogged half of it!  TE boob felt pretty good and can definitely withstand the extra bounce that occurs with the jogging!  I'm so excited to think that I can also do a little bit of jogging with my "Build a Boob" project going on.  I know that many of you have been doing so much more than that with TEs in place. Right?

Badger - my reconstruction surgery and the "lift" that will be done to the unaffected breast will be done sometime around February 14th.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited December 2012

Two mile walk last night, and mile walk this morning with Mikey.  Not going to do anything more strenous till the stitches come out on Monday. 

Maui - I had a skin-sparing BMS with t/e placed before my DIEP and the PS did fills prior to surgery.  But she only put in 50ccs at a time and I had no issues at all, even with the last overfill one.  I've seen on other threads where women have had some saline removed after a big fill because it's too painful getting as much as they did. 

• movetomaui
    edited December 2012

Mary - I actually think I am past the discomfort from the last overfill!  I figured that I needed to give it an additional day or two.  I think my starting to jog might have helped it all jiggle itself into place!?  I'm happy with this last fill and the position my nipple is in now so I really don't think I'll be having any cc's taken out.  Thanks for your input.  Good luck with your stitches ... really enjoyed your operating room story.  Have an awesome day!  

Julie

• FriendGwen
    FriendGwen Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2012

Went for an hour long hike during lunch on a horse trail that was hillier than I bargained for. I was with a 3-year BC survivor who set a strenous pace! She kicked my butt!

• wonderland
    edited December 2012

Hello all! Sounds like everyone is getting out there and moving! Badger: I want to see a shooting star! 

Went to the park to walk/run this afternoon. It's too dark by 5:30 so I make sure I have plenty of time to finish while it's still light.

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited December 2012

Just came in from having a "cut & color" and beautiful smooth blow dry.  Always a treat.  I remember about 2 weeks after surgery last summer I had just had the last of the drains removed and my niece / Goddaughter came and took me for a "cut & color" and then out for lunch.  It was a great day and cause for celebration!

Worked out at the gym this morning, bench press, chest and bis.

Have a good evening, all . . .

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited December 2012

Haven't been to the gym yet but getting ready to leave work and go do RPM class, then I will be coming back to work and will probably be here till at least midnight.  I have clients who I haven't seen in a year bringing me work and of course they want it done yesterday, off their desk and on to mine, oh well musn't grumble.......

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited December 2012

Feeling like quite the lutz. With my dad's illness, and the end of the semester, I have gotten three yoga classes in and ate alot of crappy comfort food. And gained 1.5 pounds. WTF. My dad's cancer is back with a vengance, but the good thing is he agreed to try chemo and radiation again and starts next Tuesday.

We have my husband's x-mas party tomorrow and I have school all weekend but I WILL get to yoga and throw in a kickboxing DVD in the am. I have a revision surgery next week with fat grafting. Hopefully they can suck the fat I gained off my thighs and into the foobs!!

Mariane- I am gald you are feeling better! Good for you for walking!

Ruth- feel better!

Mary- glad that stitch is under control.

Maui and Gwen- Awesome progress!!

Love to all! :)

• ruthbru
    edited December 2012

Sorry about your dad's news, misswim. As the kids say, "That sucks!"

I wish somebody would just plain graft my fat onto some real skinny, underweight person who needs it. Ha!

Found some Denise Austin DVDs on sale. Tried out one called Hit The Spot Target Toners. An hour of 5 minutes toning exercises that hit each specific area of the body. I think it will be pretty good, I just kind of half did them because I do feel crummy, crummy with my cold. I just ate two oranges, will finish up here, rub Vicks Vapor Rub all over myself and go to bed. 'Night all!

• badger
    edited December 2012

hi ladies, I used a trip to Walgreen's on the Square as my 'excuse' to escape the pile of work on my desk and got out for a walk at noon.  Warmish today, in the mid-40's, so nice to be outside.  Logged 5.52 km = 3.43 miles for the day.

misswim, sorry your dad's cancer is back but glad he's decided to try tx.  Good luck with revision next week. 

'night Ruth, hope you feel better soon.

Julie, that's a heckuva way to spend Valentine's Day.  Glad the fill has settled.

Wonderland, you CAN see shooting stars.  They peak tonight! 

Here's a cool website I found with ten tips for watching the geminid meteor shower:

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/ten-tips-for-watching-the-geminid-meteor-shower

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited December 2012

Walked about an hour and ten minutes tonight.  I think I'm actually too sleepy to go outside to look for shooting stars.  Time to pop my Ativan and zzzz zzzz zzz.  Keep moving, ladies!

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited December 2012

Yoga class for me! First one since I got sick and loved it!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited December 2012

Hugs for you (((Misswim)))

Cheryl, I do live in Kent, not far from the East Sussex border. Hence, Rye is a easy, beautiful drive for me. RPM is called Vibe Cycle at my gym.

Off to freestyle step and body balance at the gym

• nicole503
    nicole503 Member Posts: 99
    edited December 2012

Heading out to my first step aerobics class since BMX. I still have a slight pulling sensation in my upper chest and armpits whenever I raise my hands up high so my goal today will be to meet myself at the edge of what is challenging without overdoing it.  

Glad to be back to a class I usually try to hit once a week on my day off.  Curious to see if any of the women there notice/comment on my completely flat chest.  I hope not.  I want to go to exercise and feed my body & spirit, not talk about stupid dumb breast cancer!

marianelizabeth ~ Glad to see you are doing yoga while in the midst of ACT chemo.   I hope to follow in your footsteps!

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited December 2012

Huffed and puffed through an hour of Booty Barre - yowza.  At one point I was so sweaty that I was sticking to the mat!  I'm feeling better about making up for the Xmas cookie craze that I've fully immersed myself into for the past week. 

Nicole503  It's great to get back into exercise, post BMX!  Be careful to not overdo to aggravate or bring on lymphedema symptoms.  You may want to reduce repetitions a lot and not work with any weight at first.  Your body will tell you later if it was okay with the workout.  Easy does it!  

Mary  Bye bye rogue suture - hope that they are all cleared out now!  misswim  ((hugs))  

Hope it's not too late to catch some of the meteor shower tonight.

Happy Weekend, Everybody ~

• movetomaui
    edited December 2012

Happy Aloha Friday everyone!

Misswim - love your attitude and humor!  I'm hoping to have a little fat grafted at some point in this whole process too!  Hope your dad continues to make progress.

Ruth - hope you feel better soon!

Nicole - I totally appreciate how you just want to take a class and not have to talk about BC!  Hope you get a reprieve and they just let you enjoy!

I've been a little moody this week with all this BC stuff.  Hoping to enjoy the weekend and log in some miles on the treadmill.  Think those miles will also help my attitude.

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited December 2012

you girls are so inspiring. I got my days mixed up and showed up for zumba but it was body sculpting with a step. I didn't want to try that because of the bakers cysts on my knees. If I strain my knees they swell up like grapefruits. I did see there is a water aerobics class I might try next time. usually that class is not much of a work out but they have a new instructor that really pushes everyone. Today I just did 30 minutes on the ellipitcal and 5 minutes on the wave. Not much workout but better than nothing.

• movetomaui
    edited December 2012

The hubby and I are going to Olive Garden tonight ... I will exercise tomorrow!

• wonderland
    edited December 2012

Walked/ran at the park tonight.

Feeling sad and overwhelmed with what happened in Connecticut today. Prayers for the children, staff, families, law enforcement, community.

• ruthbru
    edited December 2012

Did another of my 'new' Denise Austing workouts tonight. A nice pilates DVD.

I also feel sick, sick, sick about the shooting. No words.....

• badger
    edited December 2012

Got out for a walk at lunchtime with the post office as my destination.  Picked up some flat-rate boxes to mail the cheese & sausage packages to the out-of-towners.  That stuff is heavy so flat-rate is a bargain.  Logged 6.46 km = 4.01 miles for the day.

Didn't hear about CT 'til en route home in car.  Horrifying.  No words.  WTF.  Cry