Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited September 2013

hope to play some tennis in the evening.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited September 2013

Lilac, thinking of you and your DH. I guess you have to go with the thought that the sooner he gets started, the sooner he will be done.

Man, did I have a busy day (which isn't done yet as I have a meeting tonight). I went to the 6am Zumba, which was, of course, fun because of dancing and music, and double fun because any guy on the college wrestling team who wasn't down to his wrestling weight when he showed up at the college is being required by their coach to take the early morning Zumba two days a week & another cardio class the other three....so here were the middle age ladies I expected AND a bunch of hunky college athletes (plus the coach, who must be a good guy to join in) dancing away! I guess I will be following a new sport!!!! Cool

I got home from Zumba, was getting ready to drink some coffee & read the paper when the phone rang & it was my old school. The lady who replaced me was home sick, and could I substitute? Sure I could; so off I went to a busy, fun day at school with my old class. Lucky that I HAD exercised early.

It is fun to stay in shape so that you can do what you want to do!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited September 2013

Ran/fast walked 3 miles on the treadmill tonight plus weights

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,858
    edited September 2013

Ruth: Only you would go to Zumba class for the 1st time to find a room full of hunky college athletes! Being wrestlers, I bet they had good rhythm.

Annie: Congratulations to your granddaughter. I'm impressed that you started right back to exercise after your biopsy.

(((LB and dh)))

(((Joy)))

Good evening all. Fast walked/ran late this evening. Getting darker earlier and earlier every day!

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

We will set aside the fact that, chronologically speaking, I am old enough to be their grandmother....if only I were about 40 years younger!!!!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2013

No exercise for me today, instead had a lovely evening sailing around Newport Harbour, out to sea and back.

Ruth you are absolutely correct ... ogle away Laughing

(((LB & DH))) and (((Joy))) and continued fingers crossed for you Annie

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited September 2013

Ruth I would have loved to be in that class :-)  

About 2 mile walk tonight, partly hilly, and hooped to an entire CD.  Made spaghetti with meat sauce for dinner.  I had such a craving!  On my walk I saw 8 ducks flying in formation, quacking away.  

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited September 2013

Not on the topic of cancer, but on the topic of exercise, the event I signed up for on Sunday.  I am doing the 59 mile Burly Girl couse.  Lots of hills, and I expect to do them all this year.

http://cyclethewave.org/

I spotted myself in the video at the bottom of the page which had footage from last year's ride.  An important message that women can be strong, and trust me, it takes strength to do this course. - Claire

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

I will report back tomorrow & you can be in it vicariously. Smile The lighter weight guys were having fun, but there was one big heavy weight guy in the back with a, "What the hell have I gotten in to?" look on his face.

Walked with my Wednesday ladies today. I invited them back to my house for brunch, so had to sprint ahead at the end of the hour to get the egg bake out of the oven before it could burn. Mary runs for blinge. I, apparently, can run if food is involved....go figure Undecided.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited September 2013

No exercise to report yet today, but I did get results back from my biopsy: no cancer, just "fat necrosis." Doesn't that sound lovely? Actually to me right now it sounds beautiful! Wink Thanks, everyone, for your well wishes and prayers.

Got in another walk with the DH & dogs late last night and headed to the gym to do lower body strength training and spend some time on the eliptical now. It's raining here again, but no complaints. We need all we can get.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

Whew, and Hooray for fat!!!!!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited September 2013

Annie Lane, wonderful news!

hbcheryl, I love your photo and can smell the ocean breeze from here!

It was my last morning of leisure at the gym before starting my job so I went and had a good sweaty workout. Ah, it was great and I will miss it. 

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited September 2013

Hi Ruth Cheryl, Mary and gang. Ruth, glad you googled Bokwa. I thought it started today, but the 25th.  Has anyone had Iron infusions. I have to start this on the 16th. I guess it is on another thread. No more volunteering. They wanted us to wear the jackets which I would sweat in and the purpose of me volunteering was to get my foot into the hospt. for a job and nothing came of it. Also my legs were starting to have pain. Knee problems.

Yesterday walked from noon until 6:00 around Rockefeller Center, we had to keep bz because we had tickets for America's Got Talent and everything is timed, turning vouchers into tickets, then getting on line again, with 5 hours interval in between.  This morning I got up and could not move, so glad Bokwa is not starting until later in month, have enough guilt not getting to Zumba class, and I am still wearing the tops some of bought "The Voices Made Me Do It'. I see so many new gals on this site and wish everyone good health. Will check in again. Oh as to AGT, Heidi is so skinny it is incredible, Mel B just waives, Howie just waives, and Howard does talk to the audience for awhile. Nick Cannon gives a little waive. Nothing like you see on TV all lovey. So we lucked out and walked through the City on a lovely day. That was the exercise for me.

Will check in again soon. My motto is Doctors, Gym, and Laundry. I am from New Jersey. (left out the tanning).

With much love,

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited September 2013

Welcome back, Ronna! For a moment I thought you were talking about me being incredibly skinny. Must have been fun to be in NYC and get to watch AGT. I had my exercise running to make train connections today with DD. Plus a lot of walking to and from train stations.

Great news, AnnieLane!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited September 2013

SAB.....I work out in the AM with my crunches routine.  That way, I am done for the day.  Back in the day, I used to do my weights routine too, but now do that later on in the day.  Anyway, the point is to get in SOMETHING, and it gets me revved as well.

Annie....agree that "fat necrosis" sounds like an absolutely fine diagnosis, if a bit unsavory to think about.  The worst is that it will need to be removed, but that is minor for any of us.

I am doing a run this evening.  Warm, but will be lovely.  Tons of stuff going on.

I won't be meeting my friend who now lives in Rio tomorrow evening.  Between getting married and over-celebrating, she got the return date wrong.  So I don't get to meet her husband.  But he looks sensible and fun, so I will raise a glass of champagne to them.  Will send a picture via FB.  Not the same, but I think will be appreciated.

I am so glad she is happy.

Getting excited about my trip to Vermont in 3 weeks time...... - Claire

• mrtw43
    mrtw43 Member Posts: 146
    edited September 2013

Did a variation of my two block walk today. I went shopping and walked probably twice as far. I am exhausted.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

I ended up doing a 45 minute toning DVD tonight because:

A. I needed an excuse not to start deep cleaning the kitchen

B. I ate all the leftover blueberry muffins from the brunch

• odie16
    edited September 2013

Ha ha Ruth. I joke that I work out so I can eat...

Great picture Cheryl. Hope you had a great time.

Annie, never thought fat could be such a wonderful thing.. Happy you no longer have to worry...

Hit the gym this evening for 20 minutes each on the Elliptical and treadmill plus weights.

Still thinking of ((Joy))) and Lilacblue/hubby.

• hbcheryl
    edited September 2013

Annie happy dancin' / high fivin' you, what a relief, whew..... Heidi LOL too funny but I'll bet you're just as lovely as Heidi Klum. Odie it's not a joke with me I HAVE to workout because I eat, case in point 5 years ago today I had my mastectomy, well my friends surprised me at work with chocolate cake and I had to be polite and have a piece, and then it was sitting on the passenger seat of the car on the way home so I had to have a little while I was driving, then at the gym tonight they brought me Sprinkles cupcakes and I had to be polite again.......

Exercise wise this morning I did a Sh'bam class and tonight was Spin of course all negated by all the cake i've eaten today!!!!!

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited September 2013

Whew!  That's great news AnnieLane.  Cheryl, happy 5-year milestone and I hope you enjoyed those treats.

Walked an hour and a half tonight.  I keep exploring the trail system.  I wondered about one section that goes through a gated community.  I didn't want to approach from downhill and take a risk the trail would end at the gate.  So today I approached it from uphill and found the trail goes through, so that's another loop I can do.  I think it's pretty cool the city made the trail system go through the newer developments.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited September 2013

Vermont in the fall sounds fantastic, CLaire!

Looking for things to inspire me on youtube, I found this, something called passinho from Brazil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsQMi_dIS_s

This one's for us CHeryl.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

Fun video, Heidi! Reminds me of my Zumba Wrestlers.....speaking of which, I did Zumba again this morning. A couple other ladies and decided that we should adopt these boys, go to some of their wrestling meets and be their Zumba Moms...cheer them on and bring them healthy snacks perhaps. Laughing

When you pay for fitness classes at our YMCA, that means you can go to any of them; so I came home after the 6am Zumba, had some oatmeal, two cups of coffee and then 'pulled a Cheryl'....went back at 9:00 and tried a class called 'Core and More'...which was more of a toning with kettle balls type of a workout.

Now I really do have to start on the closets!

• hbcheryl
    edited September 2013

Love it Heidi, I'm ready to go except for the spins, I tend to get dizzy (I think it's a Letrozole side effect) so I just usually do step together step that being said I did do the drag runs in the latest Jam but that's a big circleCool  Ruth you need to get cheerleader outfits and some pom poms ... team spiritSealed and be careful with your two a days cause maybe next time there's a LM quarterly I'll drag you along for an all day workout sessionTongue Out 

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited September 2013

Annie Lane, great news - really great! Good for you Cheryl and (((Joy))) give you healing thoughts.

Freestyle step yesterday and today pink ribbon pilates and 5k run.

• mrtw43
    mrtw43 Member Posts: 146
    edited September 2013

I went for a different kind of walk today, it was really hot this am so I went walking in a mall. I am sure I went further than my 2 block routine. It certainly feels like it.

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited September 2013

Exercise bike for 8 miles this morning, then walked for an hour just now. Tomorrow will be tricky so I'll have to do extra on Saturday.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

Cheryl, you already know that I would be crazy enough to take you up on the LM day!

• odie16
    edited September 2013

Cheryl, I was raised not to waste food...lol

Ruth, you would make a great Zumba mom! Bet those guys would appreciate it too.

Spent 3 hours swimming before storms rolled in. So here I sit making brownies for dessert tonight...

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited September 2013

Walked the dogs this morning and that may be it for me for today, but I'll try to fit in another walk before bedtime. Celebrating my son's birthday today- which will mean fajitas for dinner and cake for dessert.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2013

hi all, been MIA for a few days due to extreme workload.  Spending so much time on the computer at work I couldn't face it at home, even to come here, so lots to catch up on.

RONNA!  So good to hear from you!  Congrats on being down to your college weight.

Ruth, hunky college Zumba guys would be a great motivation for that 6 a.m. class.

Cheryl, you ARE an inspiration and I'm not just saying that 'cuz you could kick my *ss six ways from Sunday.  Wink 

Mary, thanks for checking in, oh what fun!  I thought of you the other night as we were about to get some rain and I went outside to look at the lightning.  Was standing by the front door and here came an opossum scurrying past the front stoop!  I've seen bunnies, deer, squirrels and lots of birds but that was a first.

Annie, yay for B9 result!  I also had stereotactic biopsy.  They sampled three spots - youch!  If anyone else has to have one, I recommend putting a bag of frozen peas in your bra when you get home, to help with pain & swelling.

Lovely cooling trend this week: 90's Mon & Tues, 80's Weds, 70's today and 60's tomorrow!  Been walking every day.  Logged 19.91 km = 12.37 miles walked since last post. 

((LB))  ((Joy))  ((sculpted sisters))  ♥