Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,858
    edited September 2013

Cheryl: Most definitely you are an inspiration! You're my inspiration!!!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2013

Wonderland & Ruth you know I love you both Kiss

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited September 2013

ditto & ditto!!!

• hbcheryl
    edited September 2013

Oh forgot to mention this for those of you looking for a tracking device. Yesterday spent some time with one of my old instructors who is a techie she now lives on the east coast but works in silicone valley, she was wearing one of those tracking bracelets and at dinner showed us what it does it's called Jawbone Up, it tracks everything, even her sleep pattern it was very impressive it looked just like the one Mary wears but it's synced to her phone so you can see at any time during the day your steps calorie intake etc.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited September 2013

Great picture Cheryl and yes you are an inspiration!

About a 3 mile walk tonight, mostly flat, and 30 minutes hooping.  On my walk I swung by the grocery to pick up chocolate chips and walnuts... guess what I baked later?  Five dozen toll house cookies.  I'm trying to use up the excess butter in the fridge.  After combining households we had 10 sticks of butter!  So the cookies used up 2 sticks :-)

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited September 2013

Thanks for sharing Cheryl and SAB, hope all is well on the new job. Tammy, I read your time on the running thread and well done to you!

Got to body balance at the gym this afternoon.

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited September 2013

Thanks, LilacBlue. Afterwards, I slept almost the rest of the day yeasterday.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited September 2013

Cheryl, awesome! Sh'Jam sounds really interesting.

Off to Body Jam now. Will ask the instructor about Sh'Jam.

• mrtw43
    mrtw43 Member Posts: 146
    edited September 2013

Another short walk today

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited September 2013

One hour walk this morning. Should have been my cycling day, but my behind is so sore from the antique bike seat on Saturday that I could not imagine sitting on it again quite yet! Lol.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited September 2013

Isn't technology wonderful......I have no plans of testing the "antique version".

Feeling good from my 35 miles of cycling yesterday.  Run this evening. - Claire

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited September 2013

Wow - so many posts since I was last here - I'm grabbing a PC in the hotel lobby in Killarney, Ireland - I'll have to catch up when I get back, but I hope things are going well for everyone. 

It's been a fabulous trip - England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland so far.  We'll take the ferry to Wales in a few days.  Lots of walking, but also lots of eating and even a few pints have been downed.  Wink And yes, dh and I got so busy touring in London that first day we forgot to eat lunch - sound familiar, DC ladies?? 

All kinds of new adventures and history - have spent a lot of time in medieval castles and buildings - some in ruins and some beautifully restored.   Went for a quick run tonight in the nearby beautiful national park so I'm not being totally bad. Innocent  It's been a magic time.  

Off to bed - it's after 9pm here.  Hugs to everyone!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited September 2013

Mary, what a wonderful trip!

Tammy and others who race on foot or wheels I admire your drive.

I went to yoga this morning followed by a quick hour of walking with a buddy. I will miss this yoga instructor and my morning walks so much! Start date for new job set for Thursday 8am.

• hbcheryl
    edited September 2013

Yeah Mary trip sounds fantabulous and I know exactly where you are.   Haha on the bike seat Dulciegirl but I find sometimes the spin bike seat is torture as well, I keep meaning to invest in a seat cover but only when I'm in the gym do I think about it.  SAB I know how it is when you find an instructor you just gel with but you'll have to become a "night" girl, I used to be a "morning" girl but now I'm a "night" girl except for Mon/Wed when I do both.  Heidi Sh'Jam is made up, they would only give her one hour as she was presenting Body Pump and Body Combat so she combined the two and did 2 tracks of Sh'bam, 2 Jam, 2 Sh'bam and 2 Jam and it was FUNCool  This morning Sh'bam.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited September 2013

Walked about two miles today: one with DH and the three dogs, the second with just the dog who needs extra exercise as much as I do.

Then went for the biopsy, so I won't be doing any more exercise except walking for a couple days. This was real different from the core needle biopsy I had that diagnosed my 3 cm malignant tumor back in late Dec. For this one I was on my tummy with the boob hanging down through a hole in the table compressed in the mammography machine - same position as when I had a breast MRI before my lumpectomy. The position was uncomfortable and the biopsy itself was painful, which the last one wasn't after the numbing shots. I also bled excessively this time, but I'm all taped and bandaged up and not in any pain. I should get results Thurs or Fri.

Still, it's a very good day, because I just learned that my oldest granddaughter is a National Merit Scholar Semifinalist!! Some of you who've seen my older posts on other boards remember that she had 3 lumpectomies for a Phyllodes breast tumor in the spring. I am so proud of that girl and so happy for her!!

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited September 2013

Hi everyone, cannot remember the last time I was one.  Try to stay off boards just because in my head have to move on although still going through trying times. One good  thing, I have lost 20 lbs. Haven't weight this much since high school.

Cheryl, Ruth, Badger, Natsfan hello, you gals are still so inspirational.  I am still at Zumba, back to all my free weights, starting Bokwa on Wed. (newest craze). Just wanted to stop in and say hello to my fitness friends.

Love to all,

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

Hi Ronna, great to 'see' you!! Since my schedule is more flexible now, I am thinking of trying Zumba myself. What is Bokwa?

Annie, congratulations to your granddaughter! I imagine that she got all her brains from you Wink! Youch, your biopsy sounds like something from the Spanish Inquisition....you would think they could make things a little less torturous!!

Mary, what fun!!! You will have to post some pictures when you get back.

We finally had a rainy day, so I stayed in and walked on the treadmill & did FIRM Cardio Dance Party.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

I googled Bokwa & it looks like fun.

My gung-ho retired friend just texted me. She just talked to her Zumba instructor friend & if we want to try it out, we can go to her 6:00am class a few times for free. Even though I hate really early morning exercise, and have no overpowering reason to be anywhere at 6:00am...I, being crazy, said, "OK." So I guess I will be Zumba-ing tomorrow morning......Surprised

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited September 2013

Annie, I am so sorry about the biopsy. I joked it was as bad as Chinese water torture... As Ruth said, you really would think they could find a better way. After all, we put a man on the moon...lol. Now just need the results so you can put it behind you. Hugs...

Hit the gym tonight and did 20 minutes each on the Elliptical and bike plus weights. Took a nice walk yesterday.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited September 2013

Oh and Cheryl, you are my hero..That was alot of exercise for one day ....great picture!

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited September 2013

One hour of tennis in the morning before work. PT in the evening. Zumba is fun. Have good ones!

• AnnieLane
    edited September 2013

Took another evening walk with my loveable mutt. We have a French Brittany, a Hungarian Vizsla and an All-American Loveable Mutt. It cooled down enough that it was almost pleasant this evening, but I don't expect it to last. My daughter in Des Moines, IA had hotter weather today than we had in San Antonio.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited September 2013

Mary your trip sounds lovely.  AnnieLane, I'm glad you're past the biopsy, it must have been awful I think I would have jumped out of the machine.

Back to hooping today.  I did my 30 minutes and spent time working in front of a mirror.  No walk today.  I still felt depleted from yesterday.  I ate quite a few toll house cookies.

• hbcheryl
    edited September 2013

Yikes Annie I think I would have clocked somebody and you have every right to be proud of your GD what an honor. Oh Ronna it's nice to see you again, are you still doing your volunteering? Hi Tammy I don't think I welcomed you, it's good to have you join us. LB glad you're back at the gym, how is your DH doing? Ann I could use one of those cookies right now. Enjoy the Zumba Ruth, shake your booty!!!

Tonight I did a spin class and then came home and promptly fell asleep on the couch....

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited September 2013

Annie, I had a biopsy just like the one you described. Take it easy serene one and sending supportive vibes to you across this planet.  Cheryl, dh and I are off to hospital for a chemo chat and next week feeding tube surgery and another day chemo picc placement.  Mary, nice to read you both are having a grand tour of the Emerald Isles.  (((Joy))), thinking of you daily as the curtin of autumn drops in the hills where you live.

I'll get a run in when we get back later this afternoon after dh onc centre visit and we are stopping at John Lewis on the way home to look at new ovens as our's packed it in.  No more fussy, over priced - under performing german brands for me. Wink 

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited September 2013

Annie, congrats on your GD's achievement.  You must be very proud!  I'm sorry you had to go through such a difficult procedure. As an aside Vizsla is my favorite breed!

LB, forward motion is good, even when it is hard.  I hope everything goes smoothly for you and DH.  And as a former "label whore" I agree with you on brands.

Ruth I hope you dance the morning away!  Have fun...

My walk yesterday was shortened by some phone calls errands so I am going out again today.  Have a good day everyone.

• mrtw43
    edited September 2013

Another walk down

• AnnieLane
    edited September 2013

Getting some desperately needed rain here today, so I went to the gym and walked about 40 min on the treadmill.

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited September 2013

High heat warnings here until 10pm tomorrow night. Tuesday is my chosen "off" day, so that works out ok, but I guess I'll be riding inside tomorrow morning.

• mrtw43
    edited September 2013

Another walk in and I walked around while shopping