Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,857
    edited September 2013

Fast walk/run. Almost decided not to go but I knew how much better I would feel if I did. Always a good decision to get out and be active!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2013

Took a nice long walk Sunday and another on Monday but not much the last two days as I had a tooth pulled yesterday.  I'm in pretty good shape for all I've been through but losing teeth makes me feel like an old fart dagnabbit.  Tongue Out  The good part is I'm out of pain, and my OCD tendency is soothed by being back to an even number of missing body parts: four wisdom teeth, two breasts, two ovaries, one thyroid, one appendix, and two back molars.

Logged 10.48 km = 6.5 miles since last post.  ((LB))  ((Joy))  ((Sculpted Sisters))  ♥

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited September 2013

Yoga class was cancelled tonight so I did 20 minutes each on the Elliptical and bike plus weights.

Dulcigirl, glad that scale is finally cooperating...

Sending hugs to Lilacblue and Joy..

Edited to add that I hope pat01 and Badger feel better soon.....

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited September 2013

Walked the dogs this morning and did some extra walking with some short running intervals this evening.

Had my first post BC (hope it's post) unilateral mammogram today and was there 3 hrs. They did extra views and an ultrasound. Found new calcifications that could be from tissue damaged by surgery and radiation, but they said it's not typical to see that so soon. The calcifications could also be from cancer, but it would be unusual to see that so soon after chemo and radition, too. The only way to know for sure is to have another core needle biopsy, which is scheduled for Monday...sigh Cry

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited September 2013

Oh crap, Annie. It's probably from your treatments, and it IS better to be safe than sorry, but still.......Frown

• AnnieLane
    edited September 2013

That's what I'm thinking too Ruth, on all 3 counts! Thanks.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

I hate body stuff!!!!!!!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2013

Oh Annie crap crap crap and crap but yes it is better to be safe than sorry.  Pat summer colds are the pits, whenever I get that scratchy throat all I hear in my head is Ruths voice going "gargel" "gargle" "gargle" and I do cause dang it she's right, it works - feel better soon. Oh my dear Badger you may have gotten rid of a few teeth but you've still got your heart which I happen to know is warm and lovingKiss

Did a Sh'bam class this morning and Spin tonight with my crazy #1, I am officially exhausted.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

gargle with warm salt water, it does help

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited September 2013

Annie Lane, I hope the biopsy gives you good news and peace of mind.

As my new year starts I wish you all good health and happiness.  We say "L'Shana Tova" to a good year.

Squeezed in a twighlight ride with dh last night.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited September 2013

Annie, and I too think it maybe from tx.  My righty has some flecks of calcifications yet they are the non- bc type.  Heidi, well done in getting to pilates and Badger, hugs to you too!

Yesterday, was able to keep up in freestyle step class and this morning, 5k loop that starts from the back door. Lovely sunny morning (Mary and DH must be enjoying this great weather here in the UK) to run, with a perfect fresh feel and fell into a comfortable pace. Of course my time was slower than before my break, yet I'll be mixing it up with a 6 mile run at least once a week. So enjoyed to be back listening to my Zombies, Run! app, being sent on missions to help save the post apocalyptic world!Wink

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited September 2013

Checking in. Have been reading and keeping up. Buried with work.....about three projects going on with deadlines tomorrow.  Tooth pain is the worst, Badger.  I have implants where my two missing teeth are...one a baby tooth and the other one split and broke and half.  Painful and expensive, but all is just fine now.

I had a wonderful weekend away.  Naches Heights is truly a magical place.  Vineyard camping, while great fun, doesn't exactly give you wonderful sleep.  I got another flat while there, so yesterday evening, it was off to the bicycle shop for TWO new tires and then on to the wine bar to return the tent.  I will be getting my own camping gear soon.  I must have been quite the sight pushing a bicycle with a flat tire with a tent slung over my shoulder.

The rains are upon us and welcome as saw a lot of scorched earth from brush fires (open range with sage brush...think lightning strikes, but way away from any houses....it's high desert there, with fertile valleys kept alive with irrigation).  Serious rain here today, as flash flood warnings are up.  We have had almost no rain for three months.  Should be fine for the weekend though.

Back to work.  It's 8 AM and I already finished a draft of one of the projects due tomorrow.  I am wondering if I should move my waterfront coffee meeting with a friend.  However, should be fun anyway.  Just wear my rain poncho.

Thinking of all you ladies...... - Claire

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited September 2013

Walked last night. Rode 12 miles this morning.

• AnnieLane
    edited September 2013

Walked the dogs this morning, went to the gym and did strength training, and will probably get in a little swimming this evening. I'm feeling much less stressed today. I know the calcifications are most likely from treatment related scar tissue. Thanks for your enouragement, Ladies.

• mrtw43
    mrtw43 Member Posts: 146
    edited September 2013

Hi all,

I am new to this page but I think it's great. I am 4 weeks out from my surgery, so my level of exercise is pretty low, but I always seem to do better when I have to record my exercise. I am hoping this is just the motivation I need to keep going. I was fairly active before my surgery (walk/jogging 3.5 mi/day) and I want to get back to that level again. So here it goes, I walked 2 blocks today.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

Welcome mrtw43! You will enjoy this awesome thread! Smile

Went out for a walk & when I was just ready to head home, I ran into a friend who had just started out on a walk with her dog....so I walked with them & doubled up my time.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited September 2013

Welcome mrtw43 - 2 blocks so soon - way to go! 

9/1-4021 steps/1.52 miles; 9/2-4596/1.74; 9/3-3381/1.28; 9/4-4790/1.81; today so far-9/5-2987 steps/1.13 miles and will try and get that up higher before bed.

Night my sculpted friends.

• odie16
    edited September 2013

Welcome mrtw43 . Annie, agree the calcifications are likely b9 but sending hugs anyway.

Ran a 5k on the treadmill tonight plus weights.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2013

Welcome mrtw43 writing it down does help keep you on track. Lilac glad you are dodging zombies again :) saw the big accident in Kent wow.

Tonight did RPM oh how I enjoyed it. Heidi there was Body Jam after RPM but I couldn't stay but I thought of you :). (((Joy)))

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited September 2013

Welcome mrtw43.  This thread is a great motivator.

About a mile walk (no hills) and half hour or so hooping.   I am loving walking the creekside trail at twilight.  I hear so many birds, insects, frogs and saw two bats tonight.  Plus a gorgeous sunset.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited September 2013

Out this morning for a 2 mile trail hike with my dog - sure didn't feel like getting out there but did it anyway and I'm glad I did.   Energy is a little bit better but wow - grieving is so very exhausting.   It's a really pretty day today, the type of day where DH and I would meet for lunch somewhere.  Cry

LilacBlue   Glad to see that you're out there and active, enjoy every moment!  

AnnieLane  Wishing nothing but good thoughts for you and sending hugs your way.  

For the first time in almost 2 years, BC is not a big part of what I think about. And I'm forgetting to take my Tami these days!  Undecided

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited September 2013

Taking a body sculpting g class today. Its tough instructor I haven't taken one of her classes in a long time hope I won't be too beat up for the 3:00-9:30 shift tnite

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

Joy, I bought one of those 7 day pills boxes, put my arimidex for the week in & put it on top of my underwear drawer. That way I would always remember to take it!  

There is an 'excessive heat warning' for later on today, so I am going to get the exercise done now.

• Morningsun1
    Morningsun1 Member Posts: 238
    edited September 2013

One hour of tennis.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

FIRM Hard Core Fusion & some ab work.

• mrtw43
    mrtw43 Member Posts: 146
    edited September 2013

Okay, I went walking my 2 blocks today AND I threw in a shower (which, at this point of my recovery, I still consider exercise).

• AnnieLane
    edited September 2013

Joy, you're still in my thoughts and prayers. I think getting out into nature with a dog by your side is always very therapuetic.

I didn't get up early enough to walk the dogs before it got hot, but we managed to survive a midday walk and then I went to the gym and spent enough time on the treadmill and eliptical to total 1 hour of exercise for me.

• odie16
    edited September 2013

Hit the gym to spend 30 minutes each on the bike and Elliptical plus weights.

((Joy))

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2013

hi all and welcome TammyT and mrtw43.  This thread is a great place for accountability and support.

Crashed on the couch early last night and was up at four a.m. feeling refreshed after ten hours sleep (!) so walked for an hour.  Logged 7.65 km = 4.75 miles since last post. 

((Annie)) here's hoping those calcs are B9 scar tissue, in your pocket for Monday.

((Joy)) glad you got out for a walk but sorry that a pretty day brought sadness. 

((LB)) good to hear you're running from Zombies again.  Whatever it takes, right?

Claire, I was in Yellowstone the year after the Summer of Fire (1988) and it was something to see.  25 years ago and I still remember the devastation.  Have enjoyed watching the rebound.

SAB, L'Shana Tova, here's to a good year!

Cheryl, awwwwwwww love ya back sis Kiss 

♥  to all my Sculpted Sisters, you ladies are the best!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited September 2013

mrtw43, thanks for the chuckle.  Wonder if sitting here on the lounger wiggling my toes might count too?  Okay, so I'll wiggle the whole foot, both of them.  Actually does feel like exercise!

Night my sculpted friends.