Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited September 2013

Glad you have retired nurse friend, Lilac. It sure helps to have a 'go to' person whom you know and who knows you. Keep hanging in there!

I was still wearing my gym clothes at 8:45 this morning, so went back to the YMCA for the 9:00 for the Core & More class (where we did legs, legs, legs). When I came out, there was a message on my cell wondering if could I could sub the rest of the day for a sick teacher, which I did. So the fridge is still dirty, and will remain so as I'm subbing again tomorrow afternoon.....which will be very fun because last period is the Homecoming Pep Assembly, and I love Pep Assemblies 'cause the kids are SUPPOSED to be rowdy and loud!!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited September 2013

Hope everyone coming down with the cold thing going around feels better soon. Ruth, you are one busy lady! Lilacblue, so glad you have a nurse friend helping you with hubby. Anything to make this path less difficult for you both.

Been slammed at work lately but refuse to compromise my exercise time. Ran a 5k on the treadmill tonight plus weights.

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited September 2013

Did my hour of walking this morning as I was just feeling stuffy-nosed. Tonight? Blech!! What kind of cold makes you nauseous?! Still...perspective. Someone today said, "I'm sorry you're not feeling well." I replied, "Myeh. Runny nose. I've had worse."

;-)

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited September 2013

Walked the dogs this morning and going to go walk/jog some more in a little while.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

Dulci, the first time I had the 24 hour flu after I was done with treatments, I thought, "Hooray, I will feel crummy for one day and then I will feel normal!" Puts everything in a different perspective.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited September 2013

Garage and yard cleanup and 30 minutes of hooping.  

Great picture Ruth.  LB, so glad you have support and DH is getting rest.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited September 2013

((((LB & Joy)))) Love the pic, Ruth.

30 minutes of kettlebells and 30 minutes of dancing.

• Dulcigirl
    edited September 2013

EXACTLY, Ruth!

It's the first time I've been "normal sick" since my diagnosis (except for a 1 day temp that delayed my exchange). I laugh in the face of mere colds!!!!

Seriously, though, it really gives it a whole new perspective!! Like you said, just a couple of days of blah...,

I'm going to skip my exercise today though as we are registered for a 30 mile ride tomorrow. Tour de Troit here we come! Bike jersey? Check. Kleenex and cough drops? Check, check.

• mrtw43
    mrtw43 Member Posts: 146
    edited September 2013

Missed posting yesterday, but got in a bit of exercise walking around at work and home.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited September 2013

Dulcigirl....ride looks like great fun.  They make you really move with the longer one.....you have to be a really strong cyclist to do a sustained 15 mph.  But the 30 miler looks like great fun, plus being very scenic.

Feel better, as cycling with a cold is no fun at all.

Thinking of you Lilacblue! - Claire

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

45 minute Body Makeover Mix, now off to fun!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,858
    edited September 2013

Lilac: Sending best wishes to your dh on Monday. May all go well for him!

Ruth: Glad you're subbing. Have fun at the Pep Rally!

Mary, Dulcigirl, and everyone else who is sick: Sending you GET WELL SOON messages!

Just returned from a fast walk around my neighborhood. Later today I'm leaving for an adult weekend at a Girl Scout camp. Lots of walking, crafting, eating Tongue Out, and even riding a horse. There's a good chance for rain. It may make the woods damp but it's not going to dampen my fun time! 

Have a great weekend everyone!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited September 2013

Got home late afternoon from being out since 6:30am at two hospitals no less.  DH has chemo picc line in and dry run on radio to check mask marks - all is spot on and ready for 7 week treatment kick-off on Monday.

Got a 5k run in afterwards and best time in ages - yay!

• Dulcigirl
    edited September 2013

Thanks, Claire!

We did it last year and loved it. VERY slow paced. This year they are having staggered start times within the "tour" group to try to get things moving more quickly. Last year we had signed up prior to my biopsies and diagnosis so it was iffy if I would get to go. My surgeon had me come in for a "yes or no" checkup. One of my biopsies caused a big hemotoma and she did not want me bouncing that around. Thankfully it had healed just enough and she liked my doubled up sports bras and gave me an approval IF I did not bounce. :-) So, I rode carefully and held on to righty when I crossed two sets of train tracks.

It'll be fun to just ride this time!

BTW, my mom (2-time bc survivor) lives in Seattle. I was born there. LOVE it!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited September 2013

30 minutes HITT workout on the Elliptical plus weights.

Enjoy the ride Dulcigirl.

• AnnieLane
    edited September 2013

Walked the dogs early and that was it for today.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2013

hi gang, walked 8.79 km = 5.46 miles since last post.  Keep up the good work!  ♥

• _Ann_
    edited September 2013

Hooped to Talking Heads Little Creatures, which is 38 minutes.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

I wasn't wearing my glasses when I read your post, Ann, and first thought you wrote that you 'hopped' to a place and it took you 38 minutes to get there.....which would also be very impressive Laughing.

• _Ann_
    edited September 2013

Ha ha Ruth, I don't think my knees could take 38 minutes of hopping :-)

• AnnieLane
    edited September 2013

Walked about 2 miles (1 with the DH & 3 dogs, the other with just the gimpy French Brittany who needs the extra exercise as she's still rehabing from her January hip surgery.) Then I went to the gym and did strength training for about 45 minutes.

• Dulcigirl
    edited September 2013

Got home from our ride about two hours ago. It was cold, windy, a little bit rainy once and SO much fun! They staggered the start times this year which really helped, so our pace was a LOT faster than last year. 30 miles in and around downtown Detroit with my 6,000 new bike buddies. VERY well organized annual event. Great exercise and I feel good despite not sleeping last night with the dumb sinus thing and some stomach stuff. So glad I went anyway!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited September 2013

Finally got out to exercise. 7.5 miles in the morning fog, eerie and beautiful. Have decided to join walking program at work to force myself to go.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

Did an hour of spot toning with Denise Austin this morning. My cold has returned so this afternoon I took a nap on the couch. I think I need to go in search of some caffeine!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2013

Now I have visions of Ann skipping down the road hooping :) Sorry the crud has reared up again Ruth, Dulcie congrats on your accomplishment.

Today did an RPM class, I had to move bikes 4 times before one actually worked, they really need to do some maintenance at that gym!!!

• _Ann_
    edited September 2013

Two hour hike, no hopping or hooping or skipping :-)

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited September 2013

Pretty day here this morning, will try to get in a short trail hike with my dog.  Lucy (that's her in the avatar) has been missing her long hikes, she is being a bit of a rascal these days.  The other morning she followed the kids out to the school bus and started to hop on!   

Starting to sort through paperwork and logisitics, it's daunting.  There is a possibility that we will move back to the States  (Florida?) early next summer.  I look forward to this, living here on my own is difficult.   The idea of being back with family, familiar surroundings and people that speak English is comforting.  

Thinking of you, LB   

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited September 2013

(((Joy))), I think Lucy is darling!  Good to read hikes are back and the move back to the states and good plan for the reasons you stated. I can also imagine how daunting the paperwork is. Thanks for checking in beauty.

Tomorrow kicks off 7 week treatment for dh, first radio and then 9 hour hook-up to chemo.  We have been grappling with peg tube care and his stomach has been rather bloated since it's placement.  Picc line was plastic wrapped this morning all of his upper right arm to take a shower. Today marks the last decent tasting meals he will have for months - nothing like a little Sunday lunch pressure.Wink That leg of lamb and roast potatoes better be perfect. I going to try to run today, yet it may be difficult to do my out the backdoor 5k route as all traffic is being diverted down our single lane road until early tomorrow morning due to road works on the main road.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2013

(((Joy))) your Lucy is adorable, the thing about a dog is that you can hold them and tell them all your fears and secrets and they just give you love in return.

LB oh my, nothing like a nice Sunday roast, and lamb mmmmmm and I hope there are roast turnips and carrots, or maybe some delicious pumpkin!!! Your family has a long journey ahead but you have each other and you will get through the rough days, we fear what we don't know but you have your nurse friend who I know will help should you need it. If you run this afternoon you'll probably get to inhale lots of petrol fumes if there's a detour, bleah.....

This morning did boot camp or as it was renamed booty camp, it was conducted by my crazy spin instructor #1, she came up with lots of different moves and I came out of there red faced and sweaty.

LB extra big ((( ))) for your DH

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited September 2013

LB I bet you had an amazing lunch--I hope treatment goes great. I hate running near traffic, but it's better than not running (?)  Joy that's a cute pup.  It sounds like you have a lot of planning, and maybe packing ahead.  

Six miles this morning, fairly briskly, on the beach.  Mini-bike ride planned for this afternoon, to encourage dd.