Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Texas

Comments

• texasrose361
    texasrose361 Member Posts: 895
    edited July 2012

Hey Jo just checkin in! Love the new pic btw.

Jana my kids keeps asking for you! Sorta make me fee like chopped liver LOL j/k they really enjoyed y'alls time together! 

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited July 2012

Hey Texasrose - Thanks for checking on me.  How are you doing?  Hope the chemo is not kicking your butt too hard.  I am doing good after the D&C - still spotting a bit but that should go away soon - doctor said it could take up to 2 weeks.  (((HUGS)))  BTW!  I found the picture on facebook - it was one The Breast Cancer Site posted.

• texasrose361
    edited July 2012

doin good- nope its not! ;)

• texasrose361
    edited July 2012

2 weeks for the otha reopirts or the spotting to go away? i am confused :)

Didnt you have your appointment today? 

• tedwilliams
    tedwilliams Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2012

TexasRose....your babies are the sweetest.  I will play grandma anytime.

Jo....hope you are doing well.

Jana 

• jo1955
    edited July 2012

TexasRose - I was supposed to have my followup yesterday but ended up going in last Friday.  I was bleeding and did not understand why.  I went for 4 days after the D&C and there was nothing. Then all of a sudden on the 4th of July, I started spotting and it scared the heck out of me so I called the doctor and got in early.  He happened to have my path report which was negative.  He did remove a 3 cm polyp which is what was causing the spotting.  Doctor said it could take up to 2 weeks for the spotting to stop.  That is how long it generally takes for the uterus to heal after removing such a large polyp.  It is almost gone now.  So, no more appts with the gyn until next June - Yeah!  Does that clear up your confusion?  Hope so.

Jana - I am going good.  Next thing up for me is my recon revision of Aug 6th.  Looking forward to that - just want to get this done and say good bye to my PS.  Oh!  He is nice enough but he will be one more I can cross off on my list.  How are you doing? 

• texasrose361
    edited July 2012

Jo- yup it did! i confuse easily LOL Let me know if you need anything after your surgery, i can take a trip down there if need be!

• loriio
    loriio Member Posts: 55
    edited July 2012

Hi Texas ladies. I've read through a lot of these posts and noticed quite a few of you are in my area ( and some of us have PM'd). I live in Ft. Worth and I too see Anita Chow. She did my PBMX on June 26th-which turned out not to be preventative on the left side because they found a micro invasion of ILC. I meet with Dr. Oomen next Monday to find out if I have to do anything in addition. We are lucky to have such a great group of doctors in our area. And Sheree Bennett, nurse navigator at Baylor All-Saints is a joy!

Lori

• damiana9
    damiana9 Member Posts: 42
    edited July 2012

Lori-  Dr. Chow is doing my unilateral mastectomy in August- I really like her!  I see Sheree Bennett on friday!   sorry that your mx ended up actually not being preventative but wow- how lucky that you were having it done so they caught it really early!

My husband told me yesterday- no wonder cancer patients are always so tired, it isn't because of the meds, it's because they have to go to SO MANY doctor appts!!!  This week, I believe it!  2 today, 1 tomorrow, and 1 the next day.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited July 2012

HI Damiania and Loriio - So glad Dr. Chow worked out for both of you.  My appt with her got cancelled today for an emergency surgery.  Have one now the end of July.  She's one busy lady. Nothing going on with me to justify taking an earlier appt but then she only had a few mid day that I dared not attempt. Loriio - I like Dr. Oommen.  He's about as quiet as Dr. Chow.  I go back to him in Sept.  Daminana - I know of your MO but not much.  Just know the name.

• damiana9
    edited July 2012

I met with Dr. Young yesterday- the MO.  She was amazing, though the appt was incredibly long- 3 HOURS!   I can't believe that I actually love all of my doctors.  It really makes this whole process less terrible. 

My onc told me yesterday that she wants to try to get me on the Aphinity trials- it sounds really good, and I am kind of excited about it.

I was supposed to only have 1 appt today (Chow) but the onc said that I need to come in today for some bloodwork and maybe some scans tomorrow. ugh!  I go on vacation on Tuesday for 2 WEEKS!  I am thrilled, if for nothing else- just the fast that I will have 2 entire weeks of no doctor appoinments!  Then I will get back home just in time for preop/surgery.   I think the night before surgery, I am going to have a party with a boobie cake!haha!  May as well send it off with a bang, right?

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited July 2012

damiana my girlfriends gave me a party with a boobie cake right before my BMX.  I got to take control and cute those babies off myself. haha  Have fun on vaca and take the time to relax with no Dr appts.

• texasrose361
    edited July 2012

damiana enjoy your vacation! 

• damiana9
    edited July 2012

Thanks, I will!

I can't believe how many doctor appointments are necessary in the beginning!  My poor kids have been neglected this week for sure!

• loriio
    loriio Member Posts: 55
    edited July 2012

Damiana- Have fun on vacation. We did the same thing right after school got out. I wanted my kids to have some kind of vacation. Since the surgery, there has been a lot of laying around the house. We are just now starting to get out and do things. We are going to Target today! I am planning on buying soft t-shirts and light weight scarves to cover up my square boobs!

Have a great time!

Lori

• Sherryc
    edited July 2012

Had a MO appt yesterday and one of my friends met me and we went shopping at the outlet mall and had lunch before hand.  Had so much fun.  My friend is always such a hoot you would have to know her.  I was very flat chested but with reconstruction I look pretty good.  so my girlfriend as we are checking out at Talbots tells the sales ladies this is my friend and she is a breast cancer survivor.  She just had a BMX and just got her new boobs doesn't she look great! (she is very loud so 1/2 the store could here) So the sales ladies laugh and one says well I noticed how great your boobs looked but I would never have said anything.  I had to just laugh and thank them and am glad that they do look good.  I have an amazing PS.  Anyway the sales lady was so sweet and said she was glad that I was still here and wished me many more years of survivorship.

• damiana9
    edited July 2012

Sherry- that is so cool!  And how nice to have a friend that is so proud of you :)

• jo1955
    edited July 2012

Sherry - How cool is that?  You have one very special caring friend.

• texasrose361
    edited July 2012

Great story Sherry- glad ya got some postive feedback ;)

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited July 2012

HI everyone, checking in. Work is nuts, have a moment right now.....

Sherry, as long as they don't wanna touch em! 

• Sherryc
    edited July 2012

gina that is funny yes the only person that gets to touch is DH and all those darn Dr's

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442
    edited July 2012

Leave today for our vacation to Alburqurque NM.  First vacation in two years since dx.  I am so ready.

Sherry, love your story, thinking of getting filler boobs for my cammies.  I'm a filler B now, do you think a D would be to big.  It was what I was before.

• jo1955
    edited July 2012

walker2222 - Have a great time in NM.

• Sherryc
    edited July 2012

WAlker have a great time in NM.  Have friends who just got back and they had a blast.  As for the fillers I would go with whatever makes you the most comfortable.  If smaller is better stick with that.  If you want to look like your old self go for it.  No one will know or care except you and DH.

• texasrose361
    edited July 2012

Enjoy NM walker! 

• jo1955
    edited July 2012

Hey TexasRose - How are you doing?  Haven't talked to you in a while.  Hugs!

• texasrose361
    edited July 2012

Doing good! Just went up near dallas camping- had a blast!

WHat about you? How you doing? 

• jo1955
    edited July 2012

Texasrose - I'm doing great.  Had my revision done and just one more follow up and I should be done with all the doctors.  After 2 years, it is about time.  Hugs!

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442
    edited August 2012

Had a great time in NM.  Will share my fav view soon.

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited August 2012

Hi everyone! miss you all!