Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Texas

Comments

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited August 2012

Miss you too!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited August 2012

Heading to Port A tomorrow for the weekend.  This is my annual girlfriend weekend.  Looking forward to getting away.  Monday is my pre-op for my exchange surgery.  Starting to feel real.

• jo1955
    edited August 2012

Sherry - Have a great weekend. Will be in your pocket for the exchange surgery - you are going to do great.

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442
    edited August 2012

Have a great weekend and be super charged for your exchange.

• texasrose361
    texasrose361 Member Posts: 895
    edited August 2012

hey all- i think alaska is calling my name- this heat is killin me with chemo but other than that doing good.

Enjoy your weekends- where ever they may take you! 

• Cherilynn64
    Cherilynn64 Member Posts: 156
    edited August 2012

Texas Rose I thought of you today - I'm a pharmacist in mail order so we get rxs from all over the country. Had one come in to my queue and her email address was texasrose - something - at gmail.com, and my first thought before doing anything else was "Hey, she can't have that email!" There's only one Texas Rose as we all know Wink

Ladies I was in Dallas last week, only for a couple days at an event or I would have asked to get together with those of you who live in the area. I did get a chance to drive around a bit - see my old house in Carrollton and the one in Plano, and then drove around some areas that didn't exist when I left there way back in 1973. I am still vasciallting between San Antonio and Dallas, but being in Dallas, even after all that time, just made me feel "right." I can't explain it but it made me feel that my decision to move back is the right one. So I hope to move still between Oct-Dec. Yay!

I had to laugh that the same temps as it is in Phoenix is what I had in Dallas. So much for flying somewhere to get a break in the heat, ha!

Sherry my dad's first cousins live in PA area in Groves. Stayed with them in 2001 right when Sept 11 happened. Hope you enjoy your weekend before your surgery and it's a great time for you!

Cheri 

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited August 2012

Cheri I'm in San Antonio whenever you come through.

Sherry, much love to you for the surgery.  

• jo1955
    edited August 2012

Having more revision surgery on Tues.  Had one revision in the office - this one has to be done in the hospital.  It is outpatient surgery and should be home by lunch.  My PS had to go back in and cut more nerves to the LD flap muscle and will also do an aerola lift.  He is such a perfectionist and I love him for that.  This should be the last time for this.  BTW! I am scheduled for 7:30am.

• Sherryc
    edited August 2012

Had a blast this weekend in Port A with my girlfriends.

Jo I'll be in your pocket on tuesday

• Cherilynn64
    edited August 2012

Sherry so glad you enjoyed your time in Port Arthur with your friends!

And you and Jo....good luck with your procedures! Will look for your updates!

Cheri 

• jo1955
    edited August 2012

Sherry - So glad you had a good time this weekend.  I will be in your pocket as well for your exchange surgery.  Tell me the date again?  

• tedwilliams
    tedwilliams Member Posts: 97
    edited August 2012

I will be in Jo and Sherry's pockets as well.  

Jana 

• Sherryc
    edited August 2012

Cheri we went to Port Aransas not Port Arthur.

Jo my Exchange is August 21st. Starting to get nervous and excited all at the same time but I know Dr. L will make me look great.

• Sherryc
    edited August 2012

Here is a pic from my weekend.  I am in the yellow dress

• jo1955
    edited August 2012

Sherry - Dr L. is going to make you look great.  Heck, you already look great - now we are going for near perfection.

• Sherryc
    edited August 2012

Jo you are so sweet girlfriend.

• jo1955
    edited August 2012

Sherry - 

• txstardust
    txstardust Member Posts: 180
    edited August 2012

Sherry, you are already looking hot...with Dr. L's artistic touch, you're going to be a goddess!!

• Cherilynn64
    edited August 2012

Great photo, you look amazing Sherry!!!!

• tedwilliams
    edited August 2012

Ditto on all the comments for Sherry.  You look wonderful.  But it is more than looks it is the positive energy that just pours out with your smile.  Same goes for Jo as well.  Still thinking we should have planned all this better and done all our surgeries at the same hospital at the same time.

Jana 

• Sherryc
    edited August 2012

You are all too sweet.  Jana I think you are right we should have had them all at the same time same hospital.  Could have had a big ol get together.  Funny my girlfriends were very impressed with Dr. L's work.  For those of you who did not know I was super flat before BMX.  Figured if I was going to go through all this I was going to go bigger (not Dolly big).  I told Dr. L to make me look really nice and natural.  So far I think he has accomplished that.  Will see how my implants look but he assures me I will like them better.  Anyway my girlfriends where laughing and said they all need to have work done on their boobs and wondered if he would give them a group discount?

• damiana9
    damiana9 Member Posts: 42
    edited August 2012

Sherry- you look hot! 

My surgery was last thursday and it went great!  That night and the next morning I thought I was just going to die of pain, but they finally got it under control.  Found out later that my PS had filled the TEs quite a bit before placing them.  I must say that I didn't really appreciate that from a pain perspective!  I had a follow up with my PS today and he said everything looks wonderful.  He even removed one of my drains!  He thinks the other might be ready friday but it seems to be kind of busy today so I am willing to bet it wont be that soon.  

I see Dr. Chow tomorrow- pathology results should be back.  Don't know why, but that has me kind of nervous.  Then I see the oncologist next monday.  Things are moving right along!

• Cherilynn64
    edited August 2012

Damiana, good luck with the results tomorrow. I won't say "you'll be fine" as none of us ever knows that and I hate when people say it to me. But I will wish the best for you and pray that your results are great! Will think good thoughts and keep you in my prayers. Let us know what the results are, we're here to go through this with you! And here's to you getting nothing but good news!

Cheri 

• tedwilliams
    edited August 2012

Sherry....I have been admiring your photos and the strapless dress.  I can not wait to have that again.  

Jana 

• Sherryc
    edited August 2012

Thanks Jana.  I do think Dr Ledoux has done a great job so far with these being my TE's.  I am anxious to see what my implants will look like. 13 more days who's counting?  When will you have your next surgery and will that be it or will you need more?  Luckily Dr. L was able to save my nipples so I won't have to have them reconstructed.  I did loose all my pigment on my left areola and nipple during radiation.  Amy says she can tattoo the color back in if I want but I am not sure I am going to mess with.

• tedwilliams
    edited August 2012

Sherry:    My surgery is Sept. 7....hoping this is the last one.  Dr. Pisano will do fat grafting on my mastectomy side and will reduce and lift the other.  I had a nipple/skin sparing mastectomy so the tattooing is not in my cards either.  I am ready to just go in and buy clothes without worrying about what does and does not show.   Will you be spending the night?  I am since I live more than an hour away or it would be day surgery.

Jana 

• Sherryc
    edited August 2012

Jana-I live more than an hour away as well but mine is going to be day surgery.  I don't think I will get home until about 8 or 9 that night because I am not scheduled until 1pm, but I would much rather be at home than in the hospital. Dr Ledoux does not seem to think I am going to need fat grafting so I hope I don't.  If I end up needing it I will get it done by the end of the year.  My biggest problem with that is that I am thin and he would have to graft from multiple locations to get what he needs.  I am thinking positively that this is it.  Good luck on your surgery.  Clothes shopping has become more fun.  I can meet you in SA sometime if you want to go shopping or the outlet mall in San Marcos.

• sagina
    edited August 2012

If you meet in SA or San Marcos please let me know! Miss you all!

• Sherryc
    edited August 2012

Gina-we will def let you know if we meet up.  Could not leave out our party planner

• sagina
    edited August 2012

LOL I've been called a lot of things, party planner not one of them!  I just picked the biggest, emptiest, downtown restaurant I could think of!

Hope you are all well.

lots of love!