Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Texas

Options
1313233343537»

Comments

• beesy_the_other_one
    beesy_the_other_one Member Posts: 170
    edited April 2021
    Options

LW, My surgical oncologist is Barry Feig at MD Anderson, Mays Clinic. He did my surgery in 1997 for the Phyllodes Tumor and then did my BMX in 2019. I asked for a PS close me for the BMX (supposedly the best at MDA) but I think Dr. Feig would have done a better job based on my surgery in 1997 where I lost roughly half a breast. For the BMX, he did not cut up into the armpit for the sentinel node--which I greatly appreciate. I highly recommend him.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    edited April 2021
    Options

If you all would like to do a zoom meetup with our help, please let us know!

• ihavebreastcancer
    ihavebreastcancer Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hi LW,

I recommend Dr. Kelly K. Hunt, Professor & Chair, Department of Breast Surgical Oncology, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX. Please search the MDA CC site. She is well accomplished and an amazing physician.

Please PM me if you have any quest

• lw422
    lw422 Member Posts: 1,399
    edited April 2021
    Options

Thanks, illimae. The breast surgeon on my team is young and doesn't seem to have much experience, so I have a concern about her and want to have some names in case I want to swap. It's amazing how difficult it is to get actual feedback on doctors.

How are you doing these days?

• lw422
    edited April 2021
    Options

Thanks so much, Beesy! I won't be having my mastectomy until next summer (probably July), but I want an experienced surgeon who can do an aesthetic flat closure for no reconstruction. I've been looking at mastectomy scars online and I don't want to be mutilated.

• lw422
    edited April 2021
    Options

Thanks so much, IHaveBreastCancer. It's amazing to get so much feedback from all of you; I have spent hours pouring over the MDA website and it's frustrating to sift through all the doctors. I appreciate the recommendation very much!

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,085
    edited September 2021
    Options

so how can this have been in 'my favorites' and haven't seen these April posts. And now it's September. Anyone else in Houston just chugging along?

LW - how are you doing?