Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Texas

Comments

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited July 2012

TexasRose - Sorry I forgot to post here on my surgery yesterday.  Had to be at the hospital at 5:00am for a hysteroscopy/D&C again!!  Had to do this last year.  Anyway, I was first on the schedule.  Went to the OR at 7:15.  GYN removed a 2 cm uterine polyp and scraped my uterus.  Discharged by 10:30 - home at 11:00.  Had to lay down and take a nap - did not get much sleep the night before.  Napped for 1 1/2 hours.   Made myself get up.  Slept 11 hours last night.  Felt pretty good when I got up.  Had to do grocery shopping and then went with a friend to a baby shower.  Had to leave early,  Hootichie was pretty sore and back hurt.  Just overdid it today.  Had to take a Vicodin when I got home and am feeling a bit better now.  On the way home, I got a call from a very nice lady at the hospital wanting to know how I was doing.  I thought that was so thoughtful.  This hospital I went to is a Women;s hospital and the staff is wonderful.  Promised myself I would get lots of rest tomorrow.  I will get the results of the path report on Jul 10th.  So, I am back to the dreaded waiting game.  Will update everyone when I get the results.

• Cherilynn64
    Cherilynn64 Member Posts: 156
    edited July 2012

Jo, glad you checked in - I'm sorry for all the pain you have had to go through with this, hopefully some vicodin here adn there will help. The dreaded waiting game.......we are here waiting with you in sprit!

Cheri 

• jo1955
    edited July 2012

Cheri - Thanks!  I will post the results as soon as I get them.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited July 2012

Jo - Best of thoughts while you're waiting.  Love the "hootichie".   I'm in that mode for tomorrow.  First mammo for followup.  So not looking forward to it.  Tata still really sore.  I know (intellectually) that they will be extra careful but pain, I'm a wimp.  Have had great tx there and know radiologist is there to get whatever views they need as well as pre-authorized sono if neeeded.

It is only 91 here now (6:30) and really was a nice day.  Showers around but none for us.  Very nice breeze.

Hoping for only good results for you.

• rosetx
    rosetx Member Posts: 70
    edited July 2012

Am north of Austin and used a BS and PS in Round Rock for my June 5 surgery.

• jo1955
    edited July 2012

luvmygoats - Will be thinking about you tomorrow.  

• luvmygoats
    edited July 2012

Jo - Thanks so much.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited July 2012

luvmygoats good luck with your mammo.  Hope they are gentle.

rosetx-welcome to the Texas thread.  I live an hour south of Austin. Who was your PS.  I used PRMA out of San Antonio they are top notch.

• rosetx
    rosetx Member Posts: 70
    edited July 2012

Sherryc-Thanks for the welcome.  Dr. Thompson in RR was my PS.

• luvmygoats
    edited July 2012

Got the good news from my followup mammo.  Nothing new except healing from the LX.  Yeah!  Love my radiologist and I LOVE the instant results.  Tata got pretty smooshed.  Will be into some pain meds later, at least some Aleve.

Thanks for everyone's good wishes.  BS appt next week.

• jo1955
    edited July 2012

luvmygoats - WOO HOO!  on the good news.  That is what I'm talking about.

• Cherilynn64
    edited July 2012

Luv, that is great news!!!! I'm going through my first mammo followup next month, so I'm hoping to follow in your good footsteps!

Congratulations, we all know the RELIEF you felt today!!!!

Cheri 

• txstardust
    txstardust Member Posts: 180
    edited July 2012

Hi ladies,

Sherri, I'm so disappointed that we weren't able to meet up!  Timing is always just a little bit off, I guess. 

I'm getting ready for Stage II DIEP surgery next week with Dr. LeDoux.  He's going to even out the girls, smooth out the blobs on my hips and belly, and then I gave myself the gift of added lipo on my thighs.  Basically, my summer will be over on July 12 - won't be wearing shorts for a long time after that surgery!  Then, it's back to work.  Our school year starts up again in August - teachers start on August 6, and the kids come back on August 13.  I should be back up to speed by then (I hope!).

I'm in Washinton State right now, and enjoying the wonderful cool weather.  I went from San Antonio to Phoenix for a conference - kinda like going from the frying pan into the fire, if you know what I mean!  Then, left Phoenix to come up here to Port Angeles.  Today's forecast high is just 59 degrees.  Ah, paradise!  Only a few more days until I'm back to the 100 degree heat of SA, so I'm soaking it up while I can.

Glad to hear of good test results, and healing thoughts going out to you, Jo! 

• Sherryc
    edited July 2012

txstardust--maybe one of these days we will get together.  I was wondering about your stage II.  Hope it is not too rough on you.  I will have my exchange mid August but Viola is on vacation so hopefully next week I will get a date.  Don't you just love Dr. Ledoux.  He is such a wonderfull caring PS and does amazing work. Maybe when I  come to SA for my pre-op we can get together.  I'll stay in touch.  One of my son's lives in Seattle and on one of our day trips we went to Port Angeles.  I think we went to a fishing shop there.  Very nice quaint little town.  I would stay as long as possible to stay out of this heat. Oh forgot we are having a cold spell it is on ly 98 degrees, LOL.

Luvmygoats--woohoo on a clear mammo.

• texasrose361
    texasrose361 Member Posts: 895
    edited July 2012

stard dust if you get a chance (and have a passport cuz now thats required) take the ferry over to victoria BC very pretty!!!

luv glad to hear that!

jo- you'll be hearing from me on the tenth!

its been cooler here, not triple digits which is nice! 

• jo1955
    edited July 2012

texasrose - You will be the first to know after me - LOL!  I have an early appt so I can go and get it over with.  We are also back down to double digit heat.  Had some much needed rain over the weekend and could use more.

• Cherilynn64
    edited July 2012

TXstardust, I live in Phoenix and you're missing our big cool down, LOL - monsoon season is here, it should be storming off and on the next couple days and under 100F. And of course it will be back to 110F in a few days. 

I also lived in Seattle for 5 years - I echo TXRose' suggestion of Victoria. But if you didn't bring your passport, you're right in the San Juan Islands territory which is all I think in US territory - they are beautiful and you can do a ferry ride through all the islands. If you get the chance, it's well worth it!

Cheri 

• damiana9
    damiana9 Member Posts: 42
    edited July 2012

Luvmygoats- AWESOME news! yeah!

• texasrose361
    edited July 2012

yes cheri san juans are still in WA- this time of year its packed- i do SJ's in the off season (sept on) we actually are planning a vaction for next october...

• texasrose361
    edited July 2012

cheri- its so funny we've lived in many of the same places. i was born in the NW and raised in WA, moved to tx in '02 living in AZ for 07-09 and back to texas...

• New-girl
    New-girl Member Posts: 80
    edited July 2012

Txstardust,  I cannot wait to hear how your stage II goes.  I am due to go in later this month but am having second thoughts on using my PS.  I see him in two weeks for a consult and if I do not get a better feeling about him doing stage II I might run to San Antonio.  I am in Dallas and what you are having done sounds wonderful to me.  Hope all goes well.

• internutz1
    internutz1 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2012

Hi everyone. I live in Grayson county - Van Alstyne. Just over the Collin county line in the Southeast corner of the county. I am very new to all of this and haven't seen a surgical oncologist yet! Grade 2 tumor RT breast with spiculation.

Jill

• tedwilliams
    tedwilliams Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2012

Sherry:  my next surgery is Sept. 7 with Dr. Pisano.  Hopefully this is the final one.

Jo:  Isn't it fun to spend time with Texasrose?  

Texasrose:  Let me know when you want to meet for lunch and give those babies a hug for me.

Jana 

• jo1955
    edited July 2012

Jana - I had such a great time with Texasrose.  We could have spent many hours together.  And those babies of hers are so adorable.

• texasrose361
    edited July 2012

Aw thanks. Yes Jana most def! These last few visits i've been running up to SA and then turning around coming straight home just because dh is at home with them. As soon as i can i will let you know!

• Sherryc
    edited July 2012

Jana glad you have your date for your next surgery.  You have had such a hard time with reconstruction I am glad all went well for you this time around.  PRMA Dr's are amazing.

Jill welcome to the thread but hate that you are having to join us here.  We will help out as much as possible.

HOpe everyone had a wonderful 4th of July.  They moved our town fireworks and we had the most amazing view from our backyard.  Had friends over for dinner then we watched the fireworks.  The weather was so nice.  Not hot and there was a slight breeze.

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited July 2012

Hi everyone! Miss you all bunches. I'm here in San Antonio - flexible schedule except for work hours M-F 8-5.  Dinner, breakfast/lunch/dinner on the weekend - just let me know!

Sherry, took the 304 exit off I-10 to see my DD in College Station, thought about turning right and going toward Gonzales to see you!  I want to bring my camera and get pictures of all the history there.

I know Chrissy B can't come from Australia again, but ladies we need to see each other again!!!! After surgeries, and healings, and busy times - somebody pick a Saturday and let's do this!

Welcome and I'm sorry Jill - what can we help you with? 

• Sherryc
    edited July 2012

Just got my date for my exchange surgery.  August 21st.  Now I can start getting nervous. 

• jo1955
    edited July 2012

Sherry - It will be here before you know it.  Everything is going to be great.  My revision is coming up on Aug 6th - not sure if I am excited or nervous or both.

• Cherilynn64
    edited July 2012

Jo and Sherry, we'll be here with you both.....and you both must be feeling anxious but excited....and hopeful? I hope so. You're both in my prayers. God has a special line reserved for Texas gals you know Wink

Cheri