Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Texas

Comments

• onvacation
    onvacation Member Posts: 521
    edited May 2012

Hi I was wondering too!  Hot in Texas as normal!  Hope everyone is having a good day.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited May 2012

You will love this.  Turned AC off last night during the storms.  (We had one blow up several years ago with a power surge with lightning so we turn it off).  Came in tonight from work and it was 86!!! in the house.  My first thought was OMG the AC has gone out.  No DH just forgot to turn it on this morning.  He was home until 1100 you'd a thunk it was getting warm in here by then.

Done with rads last Wednesday.  Beginning to peel underneath.  Yowee!!  Go back to MO next week for Arimdex prescription.  Life moves on.

Just checked radar.  May be in for more storms later, some up by Wichita Falls.  We weren't supposed to have them last night.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited May 2012

luvmygoats - Congrats on finishing rads.  What are you going to do with all that free time??  LOL!  Hope you do well on Arimidex.  I tried it for 3 weeks just before I started rads and I had to stop it - stomach issues - then on to Femara when rads were finished - same story but lasted one week.  Now on Tamoxifen and doing okay on it.  Have a few se's but the are doable.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,272
    edited May 2012

Gee wish we could have some of that rain.

Jo - we're on opposite work schedules.  I'm just starting my busy time - now through the end of September.  

Wonder if all the Texas folks hadn't marked this as a favorite & it got lost in the new format shuffle.

• jo1955
    edited May 2012

MinusTwo - I did lose one on my favorites in the new format shuffle.  Dumb me just discovered it today.

• onvacation
    onvacation Member Posts: 521
    edited May 2012

Yea i did lose some of my fav's too! Took me a while to figure it out!

• Cherilynn64
    Cherilynn64 Member Posts: 156
    edited May 2012

Hooooowwwwwwwwwwdyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Cheri ;-) 

• texasrose361
    texasrose361 Member Posts: 895
    edited May 2012

Been busy with the last few weeks of school here! Hardly get time to pop on! 3 more days!!!!! My kids are excited but prob not as excited as i am! With chemo going on again i would love to be able to sleep in instead of getting up super early to get them up for school....

I am going to see a lot of TX this summer via state parks!!!! Dinosaur Valley in July, along with colorado bend.... then gonna hit some up that are closer to the boarder, llano, devils river (i think), garner,  and the list keeps growin!

• jo1955
    edited May 2012

texasrose - Chemo again?  Did I miss something?  My prayers are with you girlfriend.

• texasrose361
    edited May 2012

Maybe ya missed it, maybe I forgot to post it here LOL- who knows. Yes, my cancer came back. Started chemo at the beginning of the month. But being stage 4 i was prepared for this to happen so no worries. GOD IS GOOD! I look as it as an excuse to visist San Antonio every week!

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited May 2012

Hi everyone. Oh Timothea, I've been praying for you and your family.  We all need to meet up again, sooner than later. Jo, Sherry, Annette, Jana, anyone else close to San Antonio...let's do lunch on a Saturday or Sunday? Sooner than later. Is there somewhere that's closer to yall driving up than San Antonio where we could meet? 

• Jodycat
    Jodycat Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2012

I live near MDA in Houston & it's where I go. Pls pm me if I can help.

• texasrose361
    edited May 2012

I actually am gonna be out of town until the 6th, but I will be in town for my next chemo on the 7th.... Maybe meeting up then????? If not no worries, y'all ladies have fun!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited May 2012

Timothea my prayers are with you girlfriend.  I know you have a strong faith and that will help you through this.  God is good and hopefully this chemo will be you back to NED.

Gina I would love to get together for lunch.  Maybe we could work it around Timothea's schedule since she is coming to SA weekly.

I hate when it gets hot here in Texas.  Went for my walk after work yesterday and it was 94 degrees.  Thought I would pass out before I got home.

• jo1955
    edited May 2012

Timothea - Just reading your post brought tears to my eyes.  I can't believe you are having to do this again.  It's jut not fair.  Hopefully this round of chemo will bring to back to NED.  (((HUGS)))

• texasrose361
    edited May 2012

Aw dont cry Jo- you know I am one tough cookie! You'll see- i will get through this like i did before!

Thanks Sherry! 

• jo1955
    edited May 2012

Timothea - I know you will but it still pisses me off that this damn disease won't go away.  We really must plan a day to get together.  I can't meet up with anyone in San Antonio for lunch - way too far for me but I can meet you in Falfurrias.  I don't remember what resturants are there.  I do know where the Whataburger is.  If you have any ideas, let me know.  Oh! I do need a couple days notice before coming up.  

• tisthyme
    tisthyme Member Posts: 22
    edited May 2012

Hey Jo and TexasRose!   I would love to meet y'all for lunch in Falfurrias.  When y'all get together, let me know!  Jo, I see you just had LD flap surgery.  I am supposed to have bilateral LD flap surgery in June, but am still not sure about it.  How are you faring?

• Sherryc
    edited May 2012

Welcome tisthyme, Are you having your LD flap done in Corpus or are you traveling somewhere to have it done.

• jo1955
    edited May 2012

Welcome tisthyme - I am 6 weeks out and doing very well.  I go back to my PS on Monday to talk about a little revision work that needs to be done.  I saw the area and was going to mention it to my PS but he beat me to it and said he definitely wants to do some fine tuning.  The surgery and recovery was not too bad.  I did have to have a second surgery done the after later my LD flap for a hematoma.  It can happen but is rare.  I was back to work in less than 2 weeks and still had 2 drains.  Most of my work is sitting in front of a computer - I just got way too bored at home.  I am the manager of a 55+ park and we are very slow right now.  I live on the property so I could go home anytime I needed to.  I am glad I got it done.  No regrets.  Are you having LD flap with implants?  I did not have an implant - I had a significant lumpectomy defect I wanted fixed.  We would love to have you join us for lunch.  I will keep you posted on the date.

• texasrose361
    edited June 2012

jo they opened a jalisco's there that my friend works at. i love their food- we can meet there!

i get back into tx on the 6th

• jo1955
    edited June 2012

TexasRose - Just let me know when you are back home.  We can look at a date that doesn't interfere with your chemo.

• tedwilliams
    tedwilliams Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2012

Jo:  I have been following you on the LAT thread.  Glad the last drain is out.

Timothea:  What time is your chemo on the 7th?

Gina & Sherry:  Count me to meet for lunch.

I am almost 4 weeks out from my SGAP.  The hip drain was pulled last Friday.  I pushed the issue since my husband was leaving the next day to return to Scotland.  The SGAP is a little more painful than the DIEP was, but am recovering quickly.  I am amazed at the beginning results...I had so much damage from radiation....my husband said I don't look so damaged.  Will do stage 2 in September.

Gina:  I ended up having a second biopsy of my thyroid, but all is clear.  Got those results as they were wheeling me into my room after surgery. 

Jana 

• Sherryc
    edited June 2012

Jana so glad you got your last drainout and that everything has gone well for you this time around.  The Dr's at PRMA are amazing.

• jo1955
    edited June 2012
    Jana - So glad you lost the last drain and you are recovering well.  Liberating, isn't it???  I am doing great at 6 weeks out from surgery.  I will still need a bit of revision work done.  I have a PS appt on Monday to see what the next step is.
  • tisthyme
    tisthyme Member Posts: 22
    edited June 2012

Sherry, I am having the surgery in SA at PRMA.

Jo, glad to hear your LD flap surgery went well and you are healing fine.  Yes, I will be having TEs then implants. He told me to expect 6 drains! WTH am I supposed to do with 6 drains?!  Oh well, I will climb that hill when I get there.  

Texasrose, I hope the chemo knocks out the FC. Prayers and Love to you.

• jo1955
    edited June 2012
    tisthyme - When are you scheduled for surgery?  Looks like TexasRose and I can meet in Falfurrius sometime after the 6th when she gets back home. All I need is a couple days notice and I can make it.  
  • Sherryc
    edited June 2012

tisthyme-PRMA rocks as well as Methodist Hospital.  I have to say it was the best hospital stay I have ever had.  The floor you are on is only breast surgery patients so all the staff are specially trained.  I had Dr. Ledoux, but I think all the surgeons at PRMA are great from what I hear.  I am thin and decided on BMX with TE's and alloderm and had two drains. I will have my exchange done tentatively the end of August. Jana just had hers done with PRMA as well.  I have never heard anything bad about any of the Dr's there only good.

• tedwilliams
    tedwilliams Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2012

I agree with Sherry the doctors at PRMA are very good.  The nursing staff is very well trained in dealing with breast reconstruction.  The food was not the best, but once I asked for something without meat my meals were much better--lots of fresh fruit and fresh veggies.  The view from my room was wonderful...it was the week of all the thunderstorms---great show of nature at its finest.  

Drains...at Methodist they saftey pin them to the bra.  I had a drain belt from previous surgeries and wore it.  One of the nurse assistants used my oxygen tube to hold the drains when I showered, brought it home to use as well.  Worked great.  I really wanted extras of the shampoo caps---clean hair while still in bed was wonderful. 

A friend gave me a baby pillow and blanket set to take to the hospital....the pillow filled many uses...sleeping, propping in the chair and the blanket was a soft, warm cover over the flap.

Jana 

• Cherilynn64
    Cherilynn64 Member Posts: 156
    edited June 2012

Texas Rose, crap, I'm so sorry you have to start chemo again. I'm with Jo, I know you have done this before but it's just not fair, why can't this damn disease be eradicated??

UGH.

Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers........

Cheri