Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stage II w/Lymph Node Involvement

Options

Comments

• Warrior517
    Warrior517 Member Posts: 240
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi warriors! It’s me.....the original poster of this thread. Warrior517 aka Kathy. I wanted to give you an update..,.TEN YEARS AND CANCER FREE!!!!!! Hope is the best gift I want to give to the newbies. It was a journey and still can be at times. Don’t let fear rule you. Put your faith, family and friends in the forefront. I see my onco every 6 months and they are ready to stop Tamoxifen. I’m still pre menopausal so not ready For AI meds. Feel free to reach out anytime. Love & Prayer

• Nas
    Nas Member Posts: 76
    edited August 2018
    Options

Thanks for stopping by and giving us hope❤️❤️❤️Wish you 50 more years of health and lov ❤️ ❤️❤️❤️

• jaboo
    jaboo Member Posts: 368
    edited August 2018
    Options

Warrior, that's wonderfull, congratulations!! Wish you many healthfull decades!!!

And especially thanks for coming here and sharing... as a person in the midst of chemo with dx similar to you - with node involvement and tripple positive AND grade 3 AND young - I am grateful for your message and for the hope you are sharing here... thank you so much, you've made my day!!

• nancy2581
    nancy2581 Member Posts: 407
    edited August 2018
    Options

I was stage 2B with lymph node involvement. Did the whole 9 yards - chemo, rads, hormone therapy. I'm 4 years out and feel great.

• Nas
    Nas Member Posts: 76
    edited August 2018
    Options

Great news Nancy, wish you many many years of health and love ❤️ doyou remember your er and pr percentage????

• nancy2581
    nancy2581 Member Posts: 407
    edited August 2018
    Options

Thank you - yes I was 100% ER and 58% PR.

• laughinggull
    laughinggull Member Posts: 512
    edited August 2018
    Options

Thanks for the update! I am also triple positive and you just made my day!

• Kelly-Anne
    Kelly-Anne Member Posts: 62
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Just found this thread... nice to meet you all. I just squeezed into the IIb category. Before surgery I was told 3.1cm grade 2, likely no lymph involved. 3.5 weeks to surgery while we discussed if we could try chemo first to shrink the tumour. ER+ so we went to surgery first. Either the ultrasound lied or the tumour grew. Final result 5.6cm grade 3 and one sentinel node with micro inclusion. Surgeon was able to do lumpectomy as requested but the larger chunk made healing feel slow.
    I’ve just started chemo. I worry all the time. They said survival rate for mastectomy and lumpectomy was the same for me. I’m doing what they say, but the long term outlook for stage II is troubling me. If I’m able to return to work, statistics say I likely won’t live to retirement. I’m 45 now. Dr says 47% chance I survive 15 years.

I’m not a nervous person but I can’t deal with the stress. Acute stress disorder they called it. (Early form of PTSD). Each trip to the hospital is a new round of panic. One chemo down and 5 to go in 3 week cycles. Radiation to follow.

Is it all worth it? I can’t see the end of all this. I’d do anything for my daughter (15) but I don’t know how to survive this nightmare.
  • Warrior517
    Warrior517 Member Posts: 240
    edited August 2018
    Options

Kelly Anne

I am sorry that fear is dominating you. I suggest trying to go to you tube to mediate. I think it’s completely false statistics you received! My onco said it’s about 1% risk of a reoccurrence each year. You are 45 now so at 80, you have a 35% chance of a reoccurrence. This is close to ANY woman at that age getting it. Get that statistic Out of your head. No physician should put that in your head! Think of this like a chronic disease like diabetes. Treat it, manage it and LIVE LIFE!!! You got this. I’m gong on 11 yeas in January and had it in numerous lymph nodes. You are healed. God has you in the palm of his hand. Much love ❤️

• preludesing
    preludesing Member Posts: 64
    edited August 2018
    Options

agree with Nas...BUMP

• HockeyChick_CA49
    HockeyChick_CA49 Member Posts: 23
    edited August 2018
    Options

Kelly-Anne,

I know how you feel. I am going through the same emotional roller coaster as you are. I am stage IIb, 1 axillary LN, add to that triple negative which has a higher rate of recurrence and fewer treatment options. I've completed 5 of 8 chemo treatments. I think I'm worn down from the pain from Taxol, as I'm struggling with anxiety. I'm 50 and have days where I can't see myself making it to 55 or 60. I'm having the same thoughts as you are. I don't know how I will move forward with the fear of recurrence always there. But for now i just need to get through the treatments and see where I end up on the other side. So far the chemo is working well and I try to hold on to that. I'm trying to stay positive but I know I will also have bad days.

I do find comfort in hearing stories on this board of women who are going on 10 plus years.

Warrior: Thank you for your words of encouragement. I think you are right about treating BC like a chronic disease. Congratulations on being 10 years cancer free!! And thank you for starting this thread. It has been a place of comfort for me.

• manc
    manc Member Posts: 28
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi all what a great thread I'm stage 2b 2 nodes 1 underarm 1 an interpectoral node so all scary stuff. I've finished all treatment now diagnosed November 2016 except Anastrozole and six monthly bisposphonate infusion.

For the ladies struggling emotionally with recurrence fears i feel your pain. I never asked my stats but have entered them in the UK predict site. They aren't great and I've found it so hard to deal with. However to give you some hope I'm improving with this. I think time is the key here although my fear still lives with me daily it is easing and I'm actually finding i haven't thought of cancer for a few hours more and more i know this doesn't sound great but trust me for me it is .

Keep going trust your team and treatment and hopefully we'll be posting success stories soon .

• Kelly-Anne
    edited August 2018
    Options

Warrior thank you for the encouragement! They say “early stage” but it comes with a message of aggressive treatment. Im just going to need to keep my chin up and plod along. It helps to find others with similar struggles.

Today’s adventure is soup. My sister brought a frozen batch before my first treatment and it was all I ate for days. Today I make my own to get ready for round 2 next week. Simple recipe: Organic Chicken, celery, onions and garlic. Cook overnight and voila something yummy to eat.

• pcranky
    pcranky Member Posts: 81
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi all, I'm also 2b. My doc only took 1 node because it looked non-suspicious and it came back positve with 9mm of cancer in it. argh.

I've stopped reading stats. predictions, r prognostications and the like. I was driving myself crazy with something I couldn't possibly know.

Just my favorite little piece of encouraging thought.

Every statistic you read is based on some period of time, often 10 years, that preceded it. Which means its out of date the second its published.

They improve treatment all the time. We will have, on average, better outcomes than the people those numbers are based on.

• Lori_D73
    Lori_D73 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2018
    Options

I’m new here and freaking out today. I’m stage 2b, finished 4 rounds of AC and 4 taxol. Had a lumpectomy and axillary dissection. Tumor shrunk fro 2.2 cm to 8mm, but had 3/7 positive lymph nodes...2 macro, 1 micro. I thought chemo would have taken care of the lymph nodes. Still have 2 weeks until I see my onco and am on pins and needles. Anyone else have positive lymph nodes after chemo? If so, what was you’re treatment

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,034
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi Lori, and welcome to Breastcancer.org!

We're so sorry for the reasons that bring you here, and that you're so very worried. We know someone will be by shortly to weigh in with their experiences with positive lymph nodes after chemo -- just hang in there and you're sure to get some great advice and support soon!

We look forward to hearing more from you soon!

--The Mods

• Billb464
    Billb464 Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2018
    Options

hi Lori,

I had chemo before surgery also, knowing already that I had 2 nodes positive. During my surgery they got 6 nodes and the 2 positive nodes still showed some cancer. They also found DCIS along with the IDC, plus it was larger that we originally thought, even with all that, my oncologist said that the chemo worked about 80% on the cancer, which he considered good since chemo doesn’t always work as well on Hormone positive.

I had radiation and am currently taking tamoxifen. Every 6 months for mamagram and ultrasound. I am also currently enrolled in a clinical study with Ibrance. This might be something you could look into depending on the path your doctor guides you to.

Wishing you well on your journey

• nowheregirl
    nowheregirl Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2018
    Options

To those of you who are terrified, just because your nodes are positive doesn't mean cancer has spread to your entire body. It's not a death sentence. I was stage IIB with a 3.5 cm tumor along with 2 positive nodes. But that was 13 years ago. Done 3 overseas holidays since the last treatment and been working full time. Trust me, I do get what you are going thru. When I heard cancer was in my nodes, I thought my life was over but it wasn't. I hardly think about cancer now and you will be where I am soon.

Smile

• preludesing
    edited August 2018
    Options

Thank you nowheregirl...I wanna come back and post this exact same message in 13 years💐🙏.

may you stay blessedly well always 😘

• OCDAmy
    OCDAmy Member Posts: 289
    edited August 2018
    Options

nowheregirl, nice to hear that, thanks. I am 1.5 years from diagnosis with a large tumor and 2 nodes. I've had it all BMX and ALND, chemo, rads, DIEP and AI and feel pretty good now, just the aches from AI. The worry lessens over time but I'm not sure it will completly go away. Hugs to everyone, we got this

• preludesing
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi Amy...will be following your journey since it seems a lot like mine :)

Take care!

Prelude

• ctmbsikia
    ctmbsikia Member Posts: 755
    edited August 2018
    Options

Howdy, after reading this forum a little just wanted to pop in and say hello.  I have good days and bad with anxiety.  I am having only minor issues from all the treatments:

Surgery:  Still have a seroma-has shrunk tremendously however what's left feels like a lump!  I'm sure it's normal could also be a scar tissue I feel

Radiation:  Breast healed very quick.  Have had and still have skin rashes on left arm and around my collarbone,  but cortisone cream and lotion is helping.  I go back to the RO in 2 weeks I hope it's gone by then.  Itching is annoying but I feel fine and will deal with it as long as I have to.

Hormone therapy:  I'm 60 days in and that little 1mg white pill is thinning my hair and I have minimal joint aches-it's funny the one spot it went was my right elbow.  Most days are fine.  EXERCISE helps greatly.  Must keep moving!!!  I slacked off being away last weekend at the beach and this week was too hot and humid, once back on schedule will be better and not feeling any of these SEs will rid me of some anxiety.

I also feel that once past the 1yr mark, getting through the next testing and follow ups the anxiety should lessen.  At least until Feb. '19 when I'm due to start Prolia injections!  LOL That's a long way off though.........There's fall, football, family, and holidays so no use worrying about that now.

Stay well everyone, stay defiant and tough!!!

• Lori_D73
    Lori_D73 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2018
    Options

Thank you so much for the information. I see my oncologist on the 13th and will ask about clinical trials.

It’s so inspirational to hear success stories. Can’t wait to post mine! For now...it’s time to quit worrying and LIVE

Prayers for all!

• Kelly-Anne
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi all, I have a question for some of our veterans... I had a lumpectomy, but the tumour had grown significantly since the ultrasound 3 weeks earlier. Removed a 56mm tumour. The breast looks better than I expected, but it is still really sore. Im just at 3 months since surgery and am wondering how long it is likely to ache for.

I hate to ask/complain to the Dr. I wanted to keep the breast, now complaining seems ungrateful.

Anyone have a larger lumpectomy with lingering soreness?

• Mumof1
    Mumof1 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2018
    Options

my cancer has spread to one out of two lymph nodes and waiting for test and results to see if it’s soread anywhere else.. bricking it

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,034
    edited October 2018
    Options

Mumof1, we are sorry to hear what you are going through, and the waiting can be very difficult!!

Please keep us posted.

We're here for you Medicating

• roareus
    roareus Member Posts: 68
    edited December 2019
    Options

Hello...

I have not been here for a long time and unfortunately, it seems like I only come here when I am scared.. I am constantly feeling my breasts because I am afraid I will miss something. On Saturday Night, early Sunday Morning, I squeezed my left nipple and a drop of blood came out. Nothing on the cancer side, my right side. So, needless to say, I am worried about the worst. I am scared that it may be back. All I can think about is my elderly parents, husband, and my sweet 8 year old twins. I am going to see the NP tomorrow. HELP!!

• anna-33
    anna-33 Member Posts: 108
    edited December 2019
    Options

How are you doing Roareus?

• roareus
    roareus Member Posts: 68
    edited December 2019
    Options

I saw the NP on Wednesday. She did a clinical breast exam and found nothing. I had a mammo and ultrasound. Both were normal. Given my history, the radiologist wants me to get a MRI to make sure we are not missing anything under the nipple. I am better but still terrified as i didn't have a MRI when i first got diagnosed. So, why now? They wouldn't lie to me about the normalcy of mammogram and ultra sound. Would they?

• peregrinelady
    peregrinelady Member Posts: 416
    edited December 2019
    Options
    No, they would not lie. My tumor did not show up on mammogram or ultrasound. It was near the nipple, as well. I think they are being very thorough, which is good.