Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stage II w/Lymph Node Involvement

Options

Comments

• lillyishere
    lillyishere Member Posts: 770
    edited May 2020
    Options

I like a glass of wine as well however my MO told me to stay clear of alcohol beverages because they increase the estrogen level and I am ER+. If I have to have wine, will be max a glass a week she said.

Ladies, what do you suggest for supplements? I can't find the link, if there is one. Also, my skin has changed so dramatically when I started letrozole 5 months ago. I also have lost muscle and can't keep up even with excercise. Any recommendations?

Thank you all.

• ampmusic14
    ampmusic14 Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2020
    Options

I was able to skim through these posts. I can't believe this thread has been going on since 2009! It's nice to read the good posts about survival and being several years out!! I have so much anxiety about survival rates. I want to live a very long time. I posted my initial topic in a different thread.... But I'm only 37 with two babies, recently diagnosed. Stage 2 grade 2 so far. My surgery is next week. I keep praying that it hasn't spread to my lymph nodes in the past few weeks. My tumor on US was close to 4cm and on MRI close to 5cm. I can't find anyone with a similar situation to mine with positive outlooks. I'm ER and PR positive, HER2 negative. But I love hearing all the success stories. It helps sooooo much.

• castigame
    castigame Member Posts: 336
    edited June 2020
    Options

Ampmusic14, if I may

Yes we all scared regards at the scenario when and if this nasty sucker crawls back. I turned 47 at DX. Stage 3a and 1A.100% ER 4/19 nodes. 5 tumors w biggest 3.5 cm. Went thru the proverbial BC kitchen and more in 2017(Had 300 medical claims when I only took of 10.5 months from work)

2017 was full of physical and psychological beatings for me. Went back to full time Jan2018. Good portion of 2018 was still physical struggle. 2019 after things went back to almost normal I was angry at the fact this nasty sucker changed me forever.

2020 came I am finally at peace with what happened. I call it really bad extended house guest who invited itself to my life. The bad house guest finally left. Yes I would sell my soul not to have it back. But just in case it comes back, I will do the same fight to make unwanted stay as short as possible.

That was my rant. In my personal opinion, user name YATCOMW is the one of the best fighters here. She was about similar age as you and young children. Please look her up in this forum.

• cathy67
    cathy67 Member Posts: 411
    edited June 2020
    Options

I just found this post recently and have not read it through. Stage 2 is very complex, today I have my first checkup after treatment. I pray I also have clear results as all other lucky women here. Yes, we need successful stories from others.

• mariadelpilar
    mariadelpilar Member Posts: 37
    edited June 2020
    Options

hi everyone,

As I read more and more about my cancer, I learn more, but I don’t alway like what I learn. For example, I looked up p53. I have 40% overexpression. Some research says it is not an independent prognosticator while others associated it with a poorer prognosis. Does anyone out there know? Also is the overexpression the same as a p53 mutation?

Thank you!!

• pebblesv
    pebblesv Member Posts: 486
    edited August 2020
    Options

carhy67 and ampmusic14 and others - there is a thread I bookmarked re: success stories from those who were stage II - hope this helps you have some encouragement that this is beatable:

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/145/topics/776191?page=10#idx_295

As for me, August marks my two year anniversary of being diagnosed. I’m still in this fight but if it helps to know, my latest mammogram (and first one post-treatment) came back completely clear! I am nervous about my next mammogram which is due around Oct./Nov. but one day at a time. Plenty of long term survivor stories from those even when it spread to lymph nodes - for me it went into 2 nodes and currently I’m currently clear. So even if it gets into your nodes, don’t worry, just be educated about your choices and next steps and your own risk/reward scenario

• cathy67
    edited August 2020
    Options

PebblesV,

Thanks! I will also bookmark that one.

I did my first post treatment mammogram this June end, and it backs clear! Thanks God, they told me right there, let me relax a lot! The next one will be this December. Hopefully we all got another clear result.

• pebblesv
    edited August 2020
    Options

Congrats on being in the clear Cathy67!!! That’s a great milestone to reach and yes, hopefully it will continue that way for all of us.

This is deserving of a cute puppy pic (meet Finley)...

• cathy67
    edited August 2020
    Options

Hello Finley!

• Nas
    Nas Member Posts: 76
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Today is my 3rd year surgery anniversary, I was so scared and confused at the beginning, but now 3 years later everything is a lot easier... if you are recently diagnosed, my advice, it’s ok to feel scared or confused, we all did, but trust me that you will be fine... I was diagnosed at age 38, my son was only 4, but bow he is almost 8 years old and I am so thankful for being around and make great memories with him.. the fear is still there but a looooottttt more under control🌸 big hug to all of you and YES we can do it ladies👊🏻
  • cathy67
    edited December 2020
    Options

I will have routine checkup next week, worried and scared, this is my second year after surgery.

• pebblesv
    edited January 2021
    Options

cathy67 - sending hugs. How did everything go?

Nas - so great to hear your story. I was diagnosed almost 2.5 years ago now at 43 and it’s nice to hear from someone who went through this at a similar time in life too.

• cathy67
    edited January 2021
    Options

PebblesV,

My checkup back clear the day before Christmas! I am 1 year out now, and I am 53 years old, still scared but feel fine temporarily, till next six months.

• mindig66
    mindig66 Member Posts: 41
    edited January 2021
    Options

I've been reading on this board for several weeks and has been such an encouragement to me!

In 2003, I was diagnosed at age 37 with 4 small children, including a newborn. I had stage 2 w/ 2 lymph nodes positive, grade 2 and also HER2nu+ and had mastectomy/reconstruction, 8 rounds of ACT and 52 Herceptin infusions.

Lived cancer free 17 years and this past July 2020, diagnosed with a 2nd primary on the other side!! Never even knew there was such a thing! But, not a recurrence. Completely new type of tumor. This time estrogen positive. Stage 2, 1 lymph node positive and grade 2. Oncotype 23 (didn't have that testing 2003) and I have finished 4 rounds of CT. .Will get radiation mapping done this week and will have 33 radiation treatments before I begin 4-10 yrs of Femara.

Physically I'm doing well! Those babies are now almost 18, 20, 23 and 28 and I have an amazingly loving and supportive husband as well as our kids. I am thankful!

Mentally I have moments! Cannot believe I'm on this journey again. I will say the advancements are astounding and I love how much better everything is compared to 2003!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and thank you all for the encouraging and informative posts!

Mindi ~

• pebblesv
    edited January 2021
    Options

cathyv - Congrats! What a great Christmas gift to know you are clear. Enjoy the New Year!

• annadou
    annadou Member Posts: 46
    edited January 2021
    Options

Ililly

Just had to reply. I saw your post by chance

Don't even think of letting your onc off the hook. Keep insisting on your scans and tumor markers I'm 11 years out and it's back. Keep taking the AI if it's working. I did 9 years of Arimidex Nothing magic about the 10 year mark but I had bone issues.
    Maybe it should be for life if they work. Who know swhat the surveys will show in the future?

My sister in Uk with same grade tumor but no node involvement was only given 15 rads and tamoxifen for 5 years and told she was cured so is discharged from onc Needless to say she is now scared

Keep vigilant keep wel

Best wishes

Anna

• cathy67
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hi Ana,

Thanks for the sharing. I am taking arimidex, and having side effect gradually. Yeah, we shall insist on medicine. Hopefully you are doing great.

• Warrior517
    Warrior517 Member Posts: 240
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hellllllloooo my fellow Warriors!!!! This is Kathy. I’m the original poster of this thread way back in 2009. I wanted to let you all know today I am celebrating 13 years since I have been diagnosed and I amcompletely healthy, In my family, we celebrate this day. We call it the Caniversary date . We celebrate because there have been so many silver linings in this journey. We celebrate because we’ve been able to make an impact even if it’s a simple thread that says here’s help and hope. So tonight, as you lay your head down to go to sleep for the evening, remember there’s a warrior thinking and praying for each of you. You too, will celebrate year after year. Always here for each of you. I’m heathy. I’m strong. I’m blessed. You will be too!!! Much love to you xoxoxo

• Warrior517
    edited January 2021
    Options

Here's a silver lining to celebrate. I was selected to have my “cut out" as a Cancer Survivor at this imageyears Super Bowl. Look for me in my Lions gear lol

• GoKale4320
    GoKale4320 Member Posts: 580
    edited January 2021
    Options

Kathy,

So glad to hear you’re celebrating! This is very encouraging to us. Thanks for sharing and best wishes to you!

• redkitty815
    redkitty815 Member Posts: 18
    edited January 2021
    Options

Thank you so much for posting a follow up!! I am so happy to see that you are happy, healthy and looking amazing! It’s so inspirational for those of us that are still in the thick of it!

• cathy67
    edited January 2021
    Options

Thanks for so much! Your 13 years anniversary greatly encouraged me, I also want this, follow you!

• pebblesv
    edited March 2021
    Options

Agree! Thank you Kathy for starting this thread and being an inspirational 13 year survivor! I just had a clear mammogram so am excited, but also still deep in this journey (around 2.5 years since my diagnosis now). Taking things one day at a time and very inspired by stories like yours!

Here are Domino and Finley with thank you smiles.

Pebbles

• cathy67
    edited March 2021
    Options

PebblesV,

Good news! My next one will be coming June, this will be my 2yrs since diagnosis, pray for clear result!

• smiling_brenda
    smiling_brenda Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2021
    Options

Kathy, thank you so much for this inspiration. Legit makes me want to cry tears of joy!!!

I just had my 1 year caniversary. So grateful for everyday and for being able to watch my 2 year old grow up.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!

• pebblesv
    edited March 2021
    Options

carhy67 - thank you! And sending well wishes for a clear result for you in June as well.

• ammie
    ammie Member, Moderator Posts: 7
    edited April 2021
    Options

Thank you so much for starting this thread.

I have Stage IIa IDC in my left breast, with 3 sentinel lymph nodes macrometastases, and 1 intramammary lymph node micromets. I had an SMX with axillary dissection last month (3/19), and will be starting 4 AC then 4 Taxol beginning next month. Made it through surgeries, but terrified of chemo. Hoping to pull through and beat this $&@# cancer

• Warrior517
    edited April 2021
    Options

One day at a time. This is one cancer that has so much money and research into it. You are on the right path. Most importantly, feel your emotions. Don’t be a superhero and always say I’m fine. It’s all good!! It’s ok not to be good in some days. Allow yourself to feel the emotions then pull up ur boot straps and carry on. You are all warriors but even warriors need an emotional break. I’m not sure who needed to hear this today but God whispered to send this. Much love my little Warriors 💕💕💕💕💕

• SelenaWolf
    SelenaWolf Member Posts: 231
    edited May 2021
    Options

I am 10 years out now from a Stage 2, node+, ER+ diagnosis that I never thought I'd survive. Well... here I am, still kicking. I'm still enjoying gardening, cooking, marathon bike hikes, knitting, curing meat, churning butter, and being part of a wine club. Every so often, I pop in to see how everyone is doing...

• brittonkb
    brittonkb Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2021
    Options

Thanks! Gives me such hope!