Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited April 2013

Dear JO-5, Wow, excellent news about the Cholesterol. You have a great doctor and you are on the right track now, for sure. You are doing great!!!! I am going to follow your lead. I have two great doctors as well who are holistic as well as conventional!! Curveball, I am so amazed by your strong faith and positive attitude. Congratulations on retiring and now you can totally take care of yourself. I am so glad the Pet Scan was approved and I am praying for positive results. Blessings, Kathy

• Rocket
    Rocket Member Posts: 910
    edited April 2013

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I haven't been around too much. Life has been crazy here. Between PT and going to the gym, I joined a LE aquatics program. I am finally making some friends here and it feels really good. I am still stuggling with daily pain, but the gym and pool therapy are helping.

Wow there is a lot going on with all of you dear ladies.

Jo, that's great news about your cholesterol. Besides oatmeal every day, I also heard that eating an apple a day can reduce cholesterol. I faithfully eat an organic apple every day along with the oatmeal. Next week I'll have my cholesterol cehecked again, so we'll see. I will be so discouraged if it hasn't come down. I don't know much about fibromyalgia, but I'm glad you are seeing a doc who addresses your concerns.

Kathy, praying that your cellulitis will go away quickly. I'm so sorry you are struggling with it. I wear surgical gloves when I need to touch meat, but Jo's suggestion of wearing them under gardening gloves is a good one too. I will try that. I fortunately have not had to deal with cellulitis.

Jeannie, so happy that you are doing well. I will be traveling next week too, and this week we have friends coming to stay from Friday through Sunday, so will really enjoy the pleasure of their company.

Fondak, praying for you and your DH and the readjustment process. You have a lovely spirit and God will help you as you continue to humbly rely upon Him.

Mini, such a praise that it wasn't mets! I am praying about your pancreas though. Let us know what you find out. Hopefully it isn't serious.

Curveball, congrats on your retirement. I'm also glad that they were able to approve the PET scan. Praying that no progression is found.

Bestock, hoping that you are managing your treatments well. How are you holding up?

• Rocket
    edited April 2013

Hi Snrise and Pattysmiles! Praying for you as you begin chemo and that it will blast any remaining cancer cells. You can do this and a year from now will be surprised at your strength. I will pray for endurance now and for effective treatments.

Christine, I'm so glad you are feeling better. I am three years out from surgery and still have numbness. I pray for continued healing and I know what you mean about lying on your back. I am a side sleeper and found it very frustrating that I couldn't turn over. It takes a while, but you will get there.

Hey Patoo, CCFW and anyone else I have missed. I hope you are all doing well. Love all you dear ladies!

• CCFW
    CCFW Member Posts: 570
    edited February 2014

del

• Kindergarten
    edited April 2013

Hi, Rocket!!! Thank you so much for your well wishes!! So happy that you are doing so well!! You are so strong and positive!!! I am going to see if there is a LE aquatics program around here!! Have a wonderful weekend with your dear friends!!! Kathy

• bestock
    bestock Member Posts: 186
    edited April 2013

to all, I have been doing pretty well. Chemo today. Soon I will know if the chemo is shrinking the liver METS

I know I am much further along than most of you, (and hope you never have to go this road.)..but want you all to know that Wherever we are in this Journey the Lord will help and comfort and help you to know that you can make it, whatever plan He has for you. Stage 4 disease is not "what I signed up for."...as some may say, but it is in HIS almighty Plan ...Victory is our in our Lord Jesus Christ!!

Thanks for the Prayers, I know He is answering.

• Kindergarten
    edited April 2013

Dear bestock!!!! Thank you for your wonderful testimony this morning!!! You are such a role model for us all in your strong faith and positive attitude. You will be in my prayers daily as you continue on this challenging journey. You will experience Victory and you inspire and encourage me daily. God bless you!!! Kathy

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited April 2013

Dear Bestock, your faith inspires me! I am so glad you are the Lord's. He is using you in the midst of your journey. That encourages all of us, that God gives us purpose and is with us no matter what we are going through. God bless you, Bestock. You are our sister.

• CCFW
    CCFW Member Posts: 570
    edited February 2014

del

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited April 2013

Amen!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited April 2013

As usual I come after being off the boards for a few days and get so encouraged by this thread.  Your posts are so positive there is no doubt you are wonderful children of God.  That He lives within each of you is glaringly evident. 

It's wonderful to read of all the successes in tests and treatments and your faith in the Lord to see you through.

Many prayers going up so the blessings continue to come down.

• Kindergarten
    edited April 2013

Amen, Patoo!!! How do those without Faith travel this journey!!

• Rocket
    edited April 2013

Hi Ladies,

My dear friends just left to return home. We had a wonderful time with them. Now it's time for me to get to work and clean my house since we are leaving tomorrow to head back to Eastern NC for medical appointments and my sister's 68th birthday.

I am so encouraged by your testimony Bestock. You really have such a strong and beautiful faith and trust that it glorifies our Father in Heaven. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I do have one prayer request. I have begun to have pain in my legs, but the right leg considerably worse than the left. I'm not sure if the pain is from the statin drug I've been on for a month or if it is something else. I will be seeing my PCP this week. He put me on the statin drug, so will discuss this latest development with him. I do notice the pain is worse when I exercise, and it's in my thigh above my knee or on the outside of my thigh. I am hoping it is just a side effect. It hurts every day, but some days worse than others.

Love all you ladies and am praying for you. It's a beautiful day here in the mountains and I wish I could share it with you all.

• Kindergarten
    edited April 2013

Dear Rocket!!! I am lifting you up in prayer for pain relief in your legs!! So glad that you had a great time with your friends!!!!! Have a safe trip to your sister's birthday celebration and enjoy your time with family and friends!!! Blessing, Kathy

• fondak
    fondak Member Posts: 271
    edited April 2013

Bestock,

Thank you for your wonderful testimony!  It is so wonderful to come here and just see God working in such a personal way in each of our lives.  I will be praying for your liver and giving thanks for the work God has done in your heart. 

Rocket,

Does Eastern North Carolina mean you will get to see that sweet granddaughter?  What appointments will you be having while there?  I will certainly be praying for your pain.

To all you ladies here,

I love each of you very much.  You all have been a source of comfort to me through this journey.  I have to tell you, if not for this board I would be one of those who checked in at breastcancer.org and by this point it would be a rare thing if I can back and I sure wouldn't be posting.  It takes me forever and I'm sure you can all see why..haha!

I keep you all in my prayers throughout the week, sometimes at the kitchen sink, sometimes in my car and even times sitting in the doctor's office or while in some sort of contraction has some type of scan.  I can never tell you how thankful I am for each of you.

If you all will continue to pray for me.  I have to say my marriage, sadly enough, has been more of a challenge for me than cancer.  That's how I can encourage some of you here when you children have been struggling in their own.  I know how difficult it can be and I also know how important marriage is to God. It also causes me to rejoice when I hear all the sweet things you ladies have said about your husbands.

I am glad to report that my pain for the aromasin has been improving lately.

Hope you all have a good nights rest. 

• Kindergarten
    edited April 2013

Dearest Fondak! I will lift you up in prayer right now, knowing that Our Lord is right beside you as you are going through this challenging time in your marriage. I so appreciate how you continually pray for all of us even in the midst of your problems. God Bless You!!  I am so glad that your issues with pain while on aromasin are getting better!!!

Hugs and Blessings to All Here!!!

• Rocket
    edited April 2013

Sweet Fondak, I have been praying for your relationship to your DH. God will bless your obedient heart. Your children also will see your Christlike example. Bless you dear Friend. You are so faithful to pray for all of us.

Jo, I am also taking CoQ10 and have been since I started the statin. I am in so much pain right now. I'll let you know what my PCP has to say about it. I am seriously thinking of stopping the med.

I have a dental appointment tomorrow, my PCP appointment on Thursday, my foot surgeon and eye appointment on Friday. I am tired of medical appointments, but once I get through this round, I will only have one more, my med onc in western NC in May, and then I should be done for a few months - until August when I see my other med onc in eastern NC.

We are currently driving to eastern NC, and yes that is where my sweet granddaughter lives. I can't wait to hold her again. She is SO precious to me!

I too love all you Ladies and pray for you throughout the day. The Lord and I have some long conversations, but they are good ones and remind me of His continual presence. I've mentioned this song before, but just heard it again on the radio and it reminded me to pray for all of you. The name of the song is "Blessings" by Laura Story. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Have a blessed day all. You are in the Master's hand.

• Kindergarten
    edited April 2013

Hey, sweet Rocket. I am praying for you, dear!!! Do you take anything for your pain? I hate to take pain meds, but I am on naproxin and hydrocodone for my pulled muscle, I am wondering if this is OK to keep  taking pain meds!! Yikes, it is always challenge, right?? God bless you and let's keep praying for each other and all our Dear Sisters here!!!

• Rocket
    edited April 2013

I take Advil when necessary. I also have a muscle relaxer, Metaxalone also known as Skelaxin. I only take that when I absolutely need it for muscle spasms. I stay away from any narcotics as they make me quite ill. I've just had a lot more pain recently since being on the statin drug. I want my cholesterol to come down, but not if I am this uncomfortable. I still have a lot of Anastrazole related pain as well as RSD, so any additional pain really wears me down. I am praying for you too Kathy. I hope your pain is getting better with each passing day.

• Kindergarten
    edited April 2013

Thanks, Jo-5! Blessings, Kathy

• Rocket
    edited May 2013

Jo, my biggest concern is that heart disease runs strongly in my family. I also had an LDL particle test and I had pattern a/b LDL particles, meaning that I have a more dangerous type of LDL. I still think I may ask to stop the drug regardless. This pain is not worth it.

• Kindergarten
    edited May 2013

Hi, Wonderful Ladies!!! All the pain I was experiencing is from Shingles. My back pain is really nerve pain. I am on the right medicine now. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. My issues are minimal compared to what you are all going through. God Bless you all!!!! Kathy

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited May 2013

Hi friends.  I am so sorry to read about all the pain and med problems.  My Lord is with you all and He knows exactly what you are going through.  Being the wonderful children of God that you all are will get you through. 

"Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward.  For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise."   ------Hebrews 10:35-36

Blessings friends.

• fondak
    edited May 2013

Oh Kathy....I'm sorry to hear you have the shingles but thankful you found out and have started the treatment for it.  Hope you feel better soon!

Love you all and thank you for your prayers. 

• snrise
    snrise Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013

Kindergarten,

My prayers are with you, the pain from Shingles is really a lot and I have seen my sister go thru it, may the Lord give you the strength...pleanty of rest...and lots of water...take it easy..

• Kindergarten
    edited May 2013

Thank you so much for your prayers and get well wishes, snrise. I am feeling so much better now!! Doctor put me on meds right away, and my rash was mild. I have been drinking lots of water. God bless you, Kathy

• fondak
    edited May 2013

Kathy, I've been thinking about you. I am so glad you are feeling better!

Rocket, I pray that your pain is improving.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!  For those of you in treatment I pray for rest and God to send you encouragement and joy that can only come from HIM! 

Love you all!

• Rocket
    edited May 2013

Kathy, shingles just stink! Sorry you have to go through that. I do understand the nerve pain and it is miserable. Praying for you to heal quickly dear one.

Saw my PCP and foot doc this week. The PCP is insistent about keeping me on a cholesterol lowering med. He is allowing me to stop the statin for two weeks to see if the pain eases. Don't have the results of my labs yet, however to see how much good it was doing to lower my cholesterol. I will call him on Monday. My foot surgeon is insistent on me continuing PT. I was so hoping I was done with that, but my foot is still swollen and feels burned. Even when I go to my pool class, walking in the water and the water rushing over my foot and right arm makes them feel burned and painful. The water is good for this condition however, so I suck it up and deal with it.

We had a great time this week spending time with our precious Erin. She is so loving and adorable at this age. I also enjoyed spending some quality time with my sister as we celebrated her birthday.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I thank you for all the prayers for my pain relief. You are all such powerful ministers on this thread. Blessings!

• Kindergarten
    edited May 2013

Dearest Rocket, thank you so much for your get well wishes! You are in my prayers as well for all the pain you have had! You have given me encouragement, as you said to suck it up and move forward! You are a strong and Godly woman! Our grandchildren sure do light up our lives!! They are blessings and treasures from God!!!

Thank you all, here!! You are all such wonderful prayer warriors, and I so appreciate your thoughts and prayers!! I marvel at all of you, with all your challenges and sufferings, you all never give up, and your faith remains strong and solid!! Blessings to you all!! Kathy

• Rocket
    edited May 2013

So true Jo!