Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited June 2013

Dearest Granna!! Please know that you are covered in prayer!! I have been taking Aromasin for 8 years now! Very doable!! Please keep us posted! Blessings, Kathy

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited June 2013

Prayers for you Granna.

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited June 2013

Oh Granna,

I am so sorry to hear your news today.  I will pray for you daily and ask our merciful Lord to help you move toward healing and away from more complications.  He is always with us.   Peace, Prayers, Love, Hugs and Blessings to you today and everyday in the future Sister Warrior.

• FridayGirl
    FridayGirl Member Posts: 137
    edited June 2013

Dear Granna, sorry to hear about the tumours.  I will pray that the pills can be taken with the Herceptin rather than move you on to chemo at this stage.  It is good that you are leaning on the Lord, He loves you so much and wants you to be close to Him.  I will also pray that you are filled with His peace this weekend, and fears and worries are taken away.

Jeannie, I am praying for your mum, again that she will have the peace that goes beyond understanding.

Rocket, I will pray that He will give you wisdom and guidance to make the right decision regarding your house.  Friends of mine were desparate to buy the house they were renting here in the ROI, they were on high salaries and couldn't understand why something always happened to prevent them buying the house.  Anyway, out of the blue they were given fantastic jobs in Belfast, which is close to where my friends come from.  They have moved up to Northern Ireland, and everything fell into place so that they have bought a beautiful home up there.  We realise now that the Lord was preventing them from settling down here because He wanted them to be somewhere else.  We don't know or understand His plans until everything has happened, and I trust that this is what is happening with your house sale.

Everybody, hope you have a great weekend, love and prayers, Debbie

• Granna1948
    Granna1948 Member Posts: 67
    edited June 2013

Thanks so much for all the prayers from everyone. I am praying for all of you, too. Between this thread, my church sisters, and my family, I am truly blessed, but most of all by our loving Lord.

Great weekend to everyone!

Love and prayers,

Granna

• fondak
    fondak Member Posts: 271
    edited June 2013

Granna, sorry to hear your report but trusting God will use it for His purpose and glory.  I am just reminded of Romans 8:28 And we now that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.   That always comforted me and still does but especially in my most difficult times.

Jeannie, Praying for your mom.  Praying also that God will use that and your aunt's recent passing to prompt her to consider Him in a way she never has before.

Carolyn, Great to know you have that behind you!  I can't believe your done.  Time has been passing to quickly for me!

Rocket, I pray God gives you and your husband wisdom in how to proceed with your rental house.  I don't know if this would be a possible situation but could your son rent the house until he could buy it?  I think a lot would have to be in place for that to happen like you would not need the money from it just in case something happened, etc.  Probably not likely but because you can't be sure about what the future holds for anyone even with the best of intentions.  We can all attest to that!

I would get a real estate agent to handle it.  We rent out a house and I am not a good landlord.  I buy into every sad story.  With our last tenant I dropped the rent to cover the mortgage only and then she still couldn't make it.  We do have great tenants now and I'm so thankful.  Do you know anyone who has rental property there?  I would ask for referals.  Also, if you know someone who rents and has a property manager that could be a great way to find out how efficent they are.  You can ask questions like their screening process, how they collect, do they do inspections if so how often.  One thing I like to do is change the ac filter each month because I can get an idea of the condition of the house that way.  So they know when I come to get the rent I'm coming in to change the filter while I'm there.

Well, I need to get to bed.  I will be checking in on you all.  These days I'm busy trying to get my son's transcripts together for college from our homeschool days.  I'm so behind!

Love you all!

• Kindergarten
    edited June 2013

Dear Fondak!! Always so good to see you!! Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!! How is your son in Italy?

• cmbernardi
    edited June 2013

Have a blessed Sunday ALL.  Peace, Prayers, Hugs, Love and Blessings to you and yours today and everyday in the future.

• cmbernardi
    edited June 2013

Would you all please say a prayer for my Dad's sister, Aunt Shirley please?  She was just diagnosed with multiple myeloma at 76 years old.  She is one of the greatest people in this world and I do not want her to suffer.  Peace and blessings to you Aunt Shirley.  I will come home to take care of you anytime you need me.  You are stronger and wiser than I am and I know you will do just fine with the treatment.  Love You lots! 

• Kindergarten
    edited June 2013

Dear cmbernardi!!! I will definitely lift your dear Aunt Shirley up on prayer!! I am sure you are such a wonderful niece!! Blessings, Kathy

• Rocket
    Rocket Member Posts: 910
    edited July 2013

Good Mornong Ladies,

Granna, I am so sorry to hear your news. I am praying that the meds will slow the progression and wipe out those tumors with no significant side effects. God is with you, right there beside you, holding you.

Jeannie, praying for your dear Mom. I know it must be stressful for you all.

Carolyn, I am lifting up Aunt Shirley that she would not suffer and would have the peace that surpasses all understanding.

As for me, please continue to lift up our home sale. We do have a realtor handling it. I am thankful that he is a believer. We will be talking with him this week to determine the best course of action at this point. Our son buying it is no longer a possibility, nor do I want him to rent it as he would have to sell his first and we just want to be out from under it. We own a home in western NC where my husband works now, so we no longer have a need for the other home in eastern NC. We can afford both mortgages, but it would put a crimp in the budget.

I also need prayer for my hand. It's my right hand on my BC/LE side. I was taking some clothes out of the dryer, and my thumb hit the side of the dryer and it pulled it back so hard that it bruised the backside of my hand. It feels sprained. It swelled quite a bit and it is very painful. I don't think anything is broken. Please pray that the swelling will go down and the pain will ease.

My sister and her husband are here visiting from eastern NC. We are enjoying their company so much.

Hope all you other ladies are doing well. I am praying for you.

• Granna1948
    edited July 2013

Rocket, thanks for the words of encouragement. I will be praying for your hand and for a good resolution to your home.

Cmbernardi, I will pray for your Aunt Shirley. Family means so much.

I hope everyone has a blessed week.

Love and prayers,

Granna

• bestock
    bestock Member Posts: 186
    edited July 2013

I have not posted for some time. I read and pray tho, as you gals are such faithful sisters. I have just had such extreme constipation from the Xeloda and anti-nausea that I have felt miserable for a week now.

I am on prescription lactulose, and still do not have results,,,  I do not know what is wrong, please pray for me. I will call dr at 9am.(again)  I feel like a whiner, but do not eat much and just "slug" around feeling bad...it cannot be good to be backed  up like this.

Thanks for prayers.

• cmbernardi
    edited July 2013

Thank you all for praying for my Aunt Shirley.  She has incredible faith and would thank you all herself if she could.  I am praying for all of you out there that are in pain or are having unpleasant side effects from treatment or meds.  May you all get relief immediately.  Peace and blessings to all.

• Kindergarten
    edited July 2013

Dear Rocket!! I am so sorry to hear about your hand! You are in my prayers for healing! I also will pray that everything goes well with the selling of your home! I am so glad you have the company of your sister and husband!

Dear bestock! I am lifting you up in prayer for relief from your extreme constipation!! I am hoping your doctor has some answers for you and can give you the right medication to ease your discomfort! May you feel Our Lord' s loving Arms around you now and feel peace knowing He is with you always.

May everyone here have a Very Blessed Day!!!! Kathy

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited July 2013

Dear Rocket, I'm so sorry about your hand! I am praying that it heals soon and that your house will sell soon. Did you make a decision re: your renters?

Bestock, how uncomfortable! Praying that God will get things moving and give you some relief.

Fondak, I hope your son is being blessed on his trip and feeling well.

Cmbernardi, I am glad your aunt has such a great attitude.

Kindergarten, are you feeling better?

I will call my mom today. Hopefully she has had her armpit checked out. I go for my preop at ten (Pacific) and then CT of my belly and chest afterwards. My PS is always horribly behind. I am praying that he is on time today so I will have time to ask all my questions. I hope the CT shows that I have good belly blood vessels for surgery and my lungs are in good shape. My RO wants to see what my lungs look like, especially after that bad pneumonia I had in Feb.

Have a blessed day, sisters!

• Kindergarten
    edited July 2013

Hi! Jeannie!!! Please keep us posted on your Mom!! Prayers for you as you are finishing up your tests for surgery!!! Everything will go smoothly !!! Our Lord is watching over you!!! I am feeling better!! Thank you!!! Blessings!!

• cmbernardi
    edited July 2013

An amazing video supporting our cause.  Copy & paste into your browser to watch.

http://supportthefightagainstbreastcancer.com/bluewater-health-pink-glove-dance/

• Jeannie57
    edited July 2013

Good news, I think, on my mom. She said the bumps/lumps in her armpit are getting smaller. She's not too worried about it. I still wish she'd get them checked out. It's hard living so far away from her. Thanks for your prayers!

I had a day! My preop appt. was great. I love my PS's PA! I hope I have her in the OR, although the other one is good, too. She listened, took notes, answered all my questions and concerns, even about lymphedema. I feel like she will be a good advocate for my care and comfort in the OR. Then we went to my CT appt. What a nightmare. They were running late so we had to wait over an hour. Then they had to get the CT supervisor to put an IV in my foot (thank you, lymphedema). I've had them before but this was the worst. He took forever finding a vein and didn't seem confident. He chose one kind of close to my toe! I cried, literally, as he tried to get it in. Then my vein started spasming until I finally cried, "Try another vein!" He switched feet and easily put it in near my ankle. I will have trouble wearing footwear for a while now, thanks to the big bruise I'll have. Then I go in for the CT. Afterwards I am lying there for a very long time, wondering what is going on. Finally I am told that the CT of my abdomen didn't work, probably because of the foot IV! The injectable dye travels differently with a foot I.V and it threw things off. My lack of lymph nodes was also mentioned. Oh, brother. My surgeon needs to see my belly vessels before surgery on the 18th. The radiologist suggested a Doppler ultrasound and was quite excited about it. We'll see what the PS says. I have some fun things planned before surgery and I don't want to give any of them up for another appt. I feel traumatized by the whole thing and can't help wondering why these things keep happening to me. I am not looking forward to another foot I.V. for surgery and foot blood tests for the rest of my life. They hurt so much. I know some of you have bigger challenges. I just need to tell someone who understands how hard all this can be sometimes. I have been teary all afternoon.

• Granna1948
    edited July 2013

Bless your heart, Jeannie 57. Just keep holding Jesus' hand. That always helps me to know that He's there.

• Kindergarten
    edited July 2013

Dearest Jeannie!! I am so sorry that you had you had to go through all of this today! You are always lifting us up with your prayers and encouraging words!!! Please enjoy the fun activities you had planned and put your concerns in our Lord's Hands!! God Bless You! Kathy

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited July 2013

Thinking of you Jeannie. I keep hearing the words to an old song in my head - He didn't bring us this far to leave us, He didn't teach us to swim to watch us drown... It's easier to remember that some days than others. Owie on the foot. I'm glad I still have one good arm. My poor mom used to have to have an anesthesiologist put in her ports and do her blood draws. He used to say she had tissue paper skin. He was the only one she would let touch her. Good thing she was a nurse at the same hospital. :-)

• Jeannie57
    edited July 2013

My feet feel better today but boy am I tired! I don't know why, really. I don't need an ultrasound, either! Thanks for your prayers and encouragement. God is good all the time.

• FridayGirl
    FridayGirl Member Posts: 137
    edited July 2013

Dear Jeannie, you are probably exhausted because of the sheer stress of it all.  Will continue to pray that an alternative to a foot IV is found for you.

• Kindergarten
    edited July 2013

Dear Jeannie!! I am so happy that your foot feels better!! God is Good and and so are you!!! Yes, I was wondering why they had to withdraw blood from your foot only! I had bi-lateral bc and numerous nodes were taken out of my left arm, but only a few out of my right arm. I do have LE in my left, but not in my right arm. They use my right arm for blood draws and blood pressure.So far, no complications!! You probably told me already why they use your foot only, but I forget, sorry!!! I hope as well that they find another approach!! Blessings, Kathy

May you all have a very Blessed and safe 4th of July!!

• Jeannie57
    edited July 2013

Hi, Kathy,

I have to use my foot because I have LE in BOTH arms! They only took five nodes from my left, non-cancerous side but I got it there anyway. So frustrating. Yesterday a cashier asked if I wore my LE garments to stay warm! Haha, no....I usually just say they are to keep my arm from swelling. If they ask further questions they get the BC answer. My MO's PA said I could have a blood draw in my arm. Why would she say that????

Thanks, FridayGirl and Mini1for your concern, too, and I hope everyone has a good day with Jesus.

• Kindergarten
    edited July 2013

Oh, Jeannie!! I am sorry, I did not remember that you had it in both arms!!! Really, the PA said that!! I would ask my MO, but play it safe!! Happy 4th, Hon!!!!

• cmbernardi
    edited July 2013

Happy 4th of July to all of my Sister Warriors.  May you all find relief from pain, enjoy better health and have a stress free day.  Peace, Prayers, Hugs, Love and Blessings to everyone today and everyday in the future.

• Kindergarten
    edited July 2013

Dear Carolyn!! Thank you for your always encouraging words and prayers!! May your day be filled with many blessings, joy, love and laughter!! God Bless ou!! Kathy

• cmbernardi
    edited July 2013

Laughing